Beyond Infinity... To the Item Find Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rune hunting reward:

JMWJyue.png

And yeah, I had a Dusk Shroud/Hellforge Plate rack.

Running LK, so far almost all the good stuff has come from non-super chests. An ith rune also dropped on this run, but unfortunately, 4 Sur runes did not :)
View attachment 83616
Wow. I popped superchests for 5k LK runs and only popped 1 Pul rune... safe to say I didn't for the next 5k, and though I don't particularly regret it, this makes me question things! I didn't even know Ber could drop in that manner in LK...

Howdy Item Finders,

Hoping you can give me some advice. I am one item short of completing six different sets, and I would very much like to complete them. (Not just to complete them, but because I want to make use of most of them) Here is what I am in search of:
  • Tal's Amulet (this is the top target that has eluded me for a long time now!)
  • M'avina's True Sight Diadem
  • Nat's Totem Grim Helm
  • Aldur's Deception Shadow Plate
  • IK's Soul Cage Sacred Armor
  • Trang-Oul's Guise Bone Visage
So, of course, the question is: Is there a certain area / boss that I should target that gives me an OK chance of finding all these items? Should I run alvl 85 areas? Or would it be better to target, I dunno... Pindle? Do Baal runs?

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction :)

Reactions: coju
Pindleskin would be a pretty good target as he can drop all those items. He dropped all for me during the MFO except Tal's Amulet and Nat's Totem. For Tal's Amulet, NM Andariel probably? And Nat's Totem can be gotten from NM Baal and Diablo at highest rate according to silo's calc.

Reactions: little birdy
One of my major goals for D2R has been accomplished. Although I have had very little game time, it has been a month and a half. I was able to level up my FoH smiter running arcane keys, and my zon very, very slowly accumulated Nihlathak keys until I had four full three portal sets including the Countess ones I'd kept from my initial countess runs when I very first hit hell.

The mini ubers were nothing at all....until Lilith. Almost wasn't able to save that set the first time I found her and that was STRESSFULL, but after that first go it was pretty straight forward. The Ubers themselves were fine...until they died, and I was surrounded by Pit Lords and ghosts. I panicked, got locked into smiting PI ghost, and died very quickly since Life Tap was giving me nothing. Then followed a solid twenty minutes of sloooooooooowwwwwllllllllyyyyyy kiting and killing mobs to claim my first charm. And, uh, a corpse or so. The next three runs were MUCH less exciting, thankfully:

Screenshot018.png

Screenshot019.png

Screenshot020.png

Screenshot021.png

I'm......unsure about my luck here. On the one hand, no duplicates and I got a sorc charm and that's easily my strongest MFer. On the other, I haven't even made any of the other three classes (although the game REALLY seems to want me to play a MA 'sin). Then again, the other class torches all have decent stats on at least one roll.

I think I'm probably done torch running for now. Having to farm the keys is just..........ugh. Ugh. I hate farming things to farm things in order to farm things with a wide range of random rolls. So, maybe time for a fun aside and my first MA sin EVER...

Attachments

• Screenshot021.png
    Screenshot021.png
    451.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I've never gotten any HRs from poppables in LK, but they can drop them. Can't remember who did the math, but the odds weren't nearly as good as the superchests I believe. I know @snickersnack got a Ber from a corpse some time ago also.
Yep, it was from a regular chest, though it's a bit hard to tell from the screenshot:

ber01.jpg

Continued my LK runs with my pally. So far 2 guls (didn't realize I should screenshot those but will now) 1 pul and 1 Ber and now this Mal. The merc was a little pissed that I had to interrupt his time in the bar to help me clear the two boss packs protecting this thing. No Ums or Ists so far, no Surs. I could cube up to make my HOTO but don't think it will help my runs except maybe casting Oak Sage for a bit better life. I also need to make edge but I lack a 3os bow. I have a couple in my 2.4 stash but struggled making the gomule conversion so Ill see if one pops up for me. Also changed my route a bit and am getting consistent monarchs which for just about any other caster I would be ecstatic about....

Screenshot045.png

One more question about running Pindleskin: Should I be running at the highest players setting I can reasonably handle, or is it advisable to leave it at p1?

Spent some time with Pindle the last couple evenings. I haven't found any of the specific items I was hoping for yet, but there have been some interesting drops anyways.

Yesterday:
  • Ondal's Almighty - I suppose I would have a complete Heaven's Brethren set now if I had kept the other pieces 😅 It's a complete set in theory
  • Stormspire - Low roll on the ED, this thing seems pretty crummy, but I never saw one before so... cool, I guess?
Today:
  • Leviathan
  • Lightsabre
  • Skin of the Vipermagi - I have another Sorceress that can put this to good use
  • Pul rune
  • Naj's Puzzler
  • Aldur's boots (x2)
  • Guillaume's Face
I also found one green ammy, which I dared to dream was Tal's--it was of course the Angelic Wings. And one unique ring that turned out to be yet another Manald Heal. But I shouldn't complain, because I can use several of the items listed above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High