best PvM zon build???

heinz43

Dec 29, 2003
best PvM zon build???

i wanna start an amazon, and i was just wonderin what u all think is the strongest in pVm play.....right now im leaning towards a strafe zon...but tell me what u think.....i've heard hybrids are the strongest....

i guess what im really lookin for is a strong but fun to play build.....thanks in advance....later

I built a Frostmaiden, DrusFletcher, and following advice on the forum, gave a point in Jab to do in the act bosses. Equipped with full M'avina's, however, she took down Hell Baal solo using nothing but her freezing arrow. At level 87, she uses maxed Strafe as her main attack, with maxed synergies on FA, with a level 12 Valk to tank along with her Might Act 2 merc. For the pesky PIs, she uses the normal attack on M'avina's, which carries magic damage and will take down most cold and physical immunes. She has one point in Immolation Arrow, which with + skills helps with cold immunes, found, for instance, in the Bloody Hills. She casts decoy ahead, waits for them to gang up, then lays a firey carpet. Seems to work pretty good. She generally tears through Hell Maggot Lair, as nothing is cold immune in there. I was fortune enough to find a Rainbow Facet jewel with cold attributes and socketed her helm. I noticed a marked improvement in how fast she was able to do damage with her cold attack. Nonetheless, she was doing just fine without the jewel, it just made her ever faster.

As for fun to play, yeck, yes!

DruStorm

heinz43 said:
i wanna start an amazon, and i was just wonderin what u all think is the strongest in pVm play.....right now im leaning towards a strafe zon...but tell me what u think.....i've heard hybrids are the strongest....

i guess what im really lookin for is a strong but fun to play build.....thanks in advance....later

I have pure strafe zon (lvl85)
strafe 29
penetrate 27
valkyrie 27
critical 27
freezing arrow 1+9 from skills
pierce (enough, i dont remember)
with disciple set, delerium helm and lycanders aim.
Even with that bow its effective, but fun??

My current build is not typical, but its both effective and fun.
Skills are typical, but items are not.
cold arrow max
freezing arrow max
valkyrie max
magic arrow 1
multi 1
guided 1
strafe 1
critical 5
penetrate 1
pierce 1
I just maxed valkyrie (lvl70 now), dont know what to max next.

I put whole iratha set (helmet with 29light resist and 1cold jewel) on when
i was level 15. All resist 85 and 95faster run at lvl15 with good bow. So i leveled quite fast. (I still use iratha set, i am now lvl70 and just solo killed hell
council)
At lvl 48 i put on stone armor (lvl 16 clay golem to slow down enemies 60%).
With three (or four Decoy) meatshields and light resist still 85 in hell and defense about 3000 and faster run 90, its easy to solo in hell. Againts cold immunes my 3.5k damage might merc is big help.
I hope i can solo kill baal before i hit lvl80.

I will add carrion wind ring (9% life leech and to get lvl21 poíson creeper) to this build when i have time to transfer that item.

Need to find wisp projector ring to complete this build (europe ladder??)
Are there other items with summon creatures for this zoozon?

Why not max guided arrow for bosses? Is Strafe the better replacement? How does Strafe work against a single target like a boss?

I still use MS...its not THE best killer, but I never really got to like Strafe, I am afraid to say.

You just gotta love it, how a lv 10-15 MS with a NEF'ed bow sweeps everything back like a Broom.

I suppose FA is still the most powerful bowskill - though I just love Immolation. However you need a second skill against those immunes.

det said:
You just gotta love it, how a lv 10-15 MS with a NEF'ed bow sweeps everything back like a Broom.
Nitpicking little me...
Knockbac is 100% effective against small radius creatures, 50% effective against medium range creatures and only 25% effective against large radius creatures.

I just started a Lone_Wolf Sniperzon.

Nothin' like having your end game skill for use at lvl1. :p
My favorite characters are the ones who are powerful throughout the whole game.

Hey DH Amazon

Try Blood Raven's Charge to complete your zoo zon. 6 Rivives, golem, valk, merc, decoy. What fun...

Kirsty said:
Nitpicking little me...
Knockbac is 100% effective against small radius creatures, 50% effective against medium range creatures and only 25% effective against large radius creatures.

Ooops another eyeopener :lol: That means I only have a 1 in 4 chance to knock a big monster back (basically every fourth hit only) or what?

make a javazon, so much fun yet one of the mostr effectve killers in the game. li's are a pain but not that big of a problem. If you team with a hammerdin you can sweep baal hell in under 10 min.

Kirsty said:
Nitpicking little me...

what do you mean by radius? the size of the monster or the radius of its attack? ie ranged vs melee

How does Strafe work against single targets like Baal? Should I NOT max Guided Arrow?

Should I go with Frozen Arrow and the synergy or go with Magic Arrow? (for taking care of PIs)

I'd like to try the Sniperzon, can someone post it since sticky is gone?

Krunch_Kidney said:
what do you mean by radius? the size of the monster or the radius of its attack? ie ranged vs melee
Monster radius, so basically their size.

Radii from creatures like skeletons, zombies and leapers is small, meaning they will always be knocked back (unless they are knocked into a wall or into another monster, in which case they won't be knocked back).

An example of a medium radius creature is I believe the enslaved, wisps and maggots, but I'm not certain about all of those. They have a 50% chance to be knocked back.

Large radius creatures are like Balrogs, Yeti and act bosses. You only knock them back 25% of the time.

Multiple sources of knockback don't increase the chances of knocking creatures backwards.

Kirsty, will the hit recovery animation that knockback causes still trigger on large radius creatures when the roll for knockback fails?

Dark Tyrant - Strafe seems to be the better option vs single targets like Bosses over GA, and it's because now Strafe fires a minimum # of arrows when maxed. (I believe it's 7 minimum) With a single Strafe Volley, we're looking at 7 arrows per sec at a single target. Even if not all those arrows hit, that's still more arrows per sec vs GA's 1 arrow per sec, for roughly the same damage.

FA doesn't need it's synergy pumped to be effective, though it's a nice bonus to damage...use leftover points for that.

Re: Magic Arrow... you get a slvl 20 Magic Arrow with WWS, which also comes with amp damage...this is an excellent combo for dealing with PI's. It's essentially a free maxed skill for your repetoire. You also get DS per Clvl, so at say, clvl 50, you have 50% chance to do double damage, 80% at clvl 80 etc etc. You also get +40 to resists. And it's a fast bow. Having this on a switch will save you alot of points.

-X

I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeated anything that anyone said. I also haven't looked too much into the 1.10 zon.

What about a tri elemental zon. With lightnin' fury. Freezing Arrow. Immolation arrow? I figured...freezing to stop em in their tracks and Immolation to well...Immolate them. Then a little fury to mop of the stragglers. Shud do ok in norm/nm but hell ther are so many F/L/C Immunes only having one element may be a major downfall.

That kinda build may be impossible and in the endure to awkward but would be hellafun to use!!!

dead munkey said:
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I repeated anything that anyone said. I also haven't looked too much into the 1.10 zon.

What about a tri elemental zon. With lightnin' fury. Freezing Arrow. Immolation arrow? I figured...freezing to stop em in their tracks and Immolation to well...Immolate them. Then a little fury to mop of the stragglers. Shud do ok in norm/nm but hell ther are so many F/L/C Immunes only having one element may be a major downfall.

That kinda build may be impossible and in the endure to awkward but would be hellafun to use!!!

In theory it works but Immos damage is still low and you would likely neglect your syns

Elvish

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High