Battlepix Round XXVII?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Battlepix Round XXVII?

A few of these and you won't care!

Boogy:

1.8k lines to do a 20 minute task on runescape (yes, I used to play, and bot). Was really annoying to make. Took me about a month to perfect, at which point, of course, they updated, and made it obsolete, but whatever, good experience.

~Hey

you'll crash soon enough ^_^

Boogy:

1.8k lines to do a 20 minute task on runescape (yes, I used to play, and bot). Was really annoying to make. Took me about a month to perfect, at which point, of course, they updated, and made it obsolete, but whatever, good experience.

~Hey

Heh, well, my program won't suffer from becoming obsolete. A few modifications here and there and it will be good again. It's a rework of the Character Calculator that someone posted on these forums (I wonna say Mursilis? I don't remember, I can't seem to find it). I know I'm reinventing the wheel, but I didn't want to bother the original programmer by complaining so that he could make the program how I wished; therefore, I took matters into my own hands :] Frankly, the GroupLayout manager, which I'm using right now, is the most powerful in my opinion but I since I've never used it before (my brain was too small to grasp it) I had to learn it as I go so I guess that's why I'm getting annoyed ;]

Ah, buff it out!

Heh, well, my program won't suffer from becoming obsolete. A few modifications here and there and it will be good again. It's a rework of the Character Calculator that someone posted on these forums (I wonna say Mursilis? I don't remember, I can't seem to find it). I know I'm reinventing the wheel, but I didn't want to bother the original programmer by complaining so that he could make the program how I wished; therefore, I took matters into my own hands :] Frankly, the GroupLayout manager, which I'm using right now, is the most powerful in my opinion but I since I've never used it before (my brain was too small to grasp it) I had to learn it as I go so I guess that's why I'm getting annoyed ;]

It'd take about a day of modifying (once I got the information needed) to fix. I'm just to lazy, and I don't play anymore. Also, mine is coded in SCAR, possibly one of the simplest languages to learn :p.

~Hey

I'm afraid you ain't got da power ;]

It'd take about a day of modifying (once I got the information needed) to fix. I'm just to lazy, and I don't play anymore. Also, mine is coded in SCAR, possibly one of the simplest languages to learn :p.

~Hey

Well, my programming experience began with seeing the word C++ in one of the youtube comments so I've actually started learning in C++. Unfortunately the book I had wasn't really that great for first timers so I wanted to try something else. I was interested in linux during that time so I was looking for something that would work in as many places as it could so I stumbled upon Java. Currently, I know the most about Java but I'm catching up with C++ to do a bit more hardcore coding :] The only hardship that I really encountered while learning Java was Object-Oriented Programming. I had a problem understanding the concept but now it seems like as basic as declaring a variable >.> Now, Threads are killing me T_T

It keeps on going... and going... and going...

Well, my programming experience began with seeing the word C++ in one of the youtube comments so I've actually started learning in C++. Unfortunately the book I had wasn't really that great for first timers so I wanted to try something else. I was interested in linux during that time so I was looking for something that would work in as many places as it could so I stumbled upon Java. Currently, I know the most about Java but I'm catching up with C++ to do a bit more hardcore coding :] The only hardship that I really encountered while learning Java was Object-Oriented Programming. I had a problem understanding the concept but now it seems like as basic as declaring a variable >.> Now, Threads are killing me T_T

Lol, learning Vb.Net personally. It's somewhat annoying, getting using to the syntax and importing (as opposed to includes, although not much different), and learning all the imports and functions, etc.

~Hey

psychologists.... they do us all good

I'm not ^_^ My original intent was to learn game programming (hence, I'm learning C++), but I knew I would be struggling with it so to get a better grasp on programming I took up the making of "normal" programs, such as this character calculator :] It's those games that need threading, not the character calculator ^o^ Believe me when I tell you that after reading my first book on C++, I dearly, from the bottom of my heart, hated cats......

Until...

I didn't get into threading much in college. Check out NeHe for some nice write-ups on OpenGL tutorials (graphics API). It should help give you a kick start in the right direction ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High