Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 78
Fingerprint: 0x5e7b75df
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
All Resistances +15
3% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Iron Maiden when struck

And one of her boss minions dropped me another one of these, which will probably find some use on the merc:
Code:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 29 of 40
Required Strength: 115
Required Level: 34
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x3675e9e7
+15 to Strength
+120% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike

Leveled from 86-87 at pindle player 3 with 460% MF and these were the findings

Eagle horn contributed towards the grail and other highlights were anti perf barctucs and vipermagi

Also a few eth items mixed in

I usually look at what Charsi (or whichever armourer) is selling during my repair runs. She was selling this today. I was low on funds. My merc is now without his armour (black hades), and a few decent circlets are gone. But no regrets.

ihy5Oce.jpg

So +1 on grail, but I have a quite nice jewel (or 4x pTopaz) armour.

So, after getting what I wanted from Andariel, I changed sorcs. I rolled her map over 8 years ago. Haven't run it since. Spent a few hours doing so today and got the lucky drop from the armor rack. My first in 1.07:
Code:
Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1554
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Indestructible
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x72998913
+200% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +50%
+2 to All Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+126 to Life (2 per Character Level)
+157 to Vitality (2.5 per Character Level)

@LongingForDeath man I started up a 1.07 on a separate laptop I ended up with and started a sorceress, all because I so badly wanted a 1.07 or 08 Shako and Valor. Mainly because during 1.09 on bnet, I had a Hydra/Thunderstorm Sorceress that I used to duel with who wore both of those and she was a complete beast. But I got my 1.07 sorc to like level 40 or 50, this was probably during fall or winter, and I ended up stopping because I couldn't handle 1.07 anymore. I was getting bored lol. So I am super jealous of that Valor.. so much life..

I don't know if I will ever go back and try to land them. Even if I do get her high enough level and far enough in the game to run racks, I don't know if I have the patience to reroll maps to find a Balrog Skin rack and then run racks nonstop until I find them. I'm not sure how I feel about using 07s/08s on my 1.14d characters either. I assume most people are cool with it though and I want to be in the biggest trade pool if I can. I guess as long as it's not PvP, it isn't a big deal.

But again, so awesome dude. So pretty.

Actually most people who PvP(ed?) have 1.07 items. I rarely use mine outside of PvP.

@maxicek you mean people use 07 charms and stuff in standard current patch duels? That doesn't seem very fair, unless there is a separate group where people use 07's and a group where people duel with current patch items.

So I have spent this last week doing tons of Travincle Runs, lots of them and I couldn't tell you what the highest rune I found was.. maybe a Fal? I don't know. I found a few nice uniques, rares and other stuff, but runes would not drop.

I decided to put 200FCR gear back on my sorc and do some LK runs and within probably an hour I found these:

2dzXlKe.jpg

E9WklSW.jpg

I just can't believe how my rune finding goes. It is always large gaps of nothing, followed by a small window of finding tons and then back and forth. I spent over a week just trying to get one last Sur Rune to make Infinity, not long ago. Now I go back to it, because Trav was disappointing and I want to build my runes back up, and Sur in no time lol.

I know Trav is supposed to be good for rune hunting, but I can't even imagine the amount of Trav Runs I have done on my Zealdin and I have only found a Jah once. That is the only high rune I remember from Trav. I may be forgetting something, but I don't think I am. Almost all of my runes have been from LK.

Found on my untwinked 99'er FireClaws/Maul hybrid...I think the only rational path forward now is to use a Act V Merc with Last Wish, right?

ocz0f9R.jpg

@Jamie How far along is your 1.07 sorc? The one I racked that with - as well as most of my other LK sorcs - are only level 63. On this particular map, I see maybe one monster per run. Never got hit once, so you can do these runs at a lower level. On the other hand, rerolling maps takes time and you are likely to find racks for other items that you would want, too. That's why I rushed a full set of sorcs and let them leech XP in the cow level to about level 63. This way, I can start rolling maps for a sorc and once I have a rack that drops something that I want, I keep this map for this sorc and use another sorc for another item. The only tedious part is the start, really. Getting your first sorc ready and able to rush your next set of sorcs and then levelling them. And the only difficult parts about rushing are hell Chaos Sanctuary, Ancients and Baal. Hell Andariel isn't difficult and Duriel and Mephisto die right away in a full game, due to some strange bug.

NM CS is also difficult in 1.07, imo. At least when it's /p5 or higher like it normally will be while rushing.

The merc definitely dies because of Iron Maiden there, but in NM I don't recall having much issues there, since enemies still go down rather quickly. In hell I usually cheese it a little by taking 6 of the 7 rushees out of them game while going through CS and only bring them back in for the Diablo kill. This can be done in NM, as well, if it proves to be difficult otherwise.

ya I sometimes have less players for hell.

My problem (other than the merc dying) is that everything just has way too much HP. Even the strangler boss is hard to kill sometimes due to positioning.

Neither of these is amazing or has an obvious particular use, but they both have some decent stats and it was fun gambling them back-to-back:

20190526093424731.jpg

20190526093512574.jpg

Maybe they'll one day find uses on all-rare characters, or just be forced into service for the novelty of it, not sure... but either way I added them to my bottomless collection of rare circlets.

@ziambe I have been wanting one of those for so long! I haven't found one since shortly after 1.10 came out on b.net. I found two of them in under 30 minutes from Pindle. Was so epic lol. I would like one for my Zealdin on SP though! Nice rolls too!

too bad no repair on this guy:

tA4jHUK.jpg

Last edited:
@J-Dog Those Boots and even that +4 Tornado Helm are pretty awesome too! +4 Tornado at level 24? Yes please.

Found a nice GF charm and a nice low level char jewel from LK:

Steel Grand Charm of Greed
Grand Charm
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0x985db2ea
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+109 to Attack Rating
40% Extra Gold from Monsters

Rusty Jewel of Frigidity
Jewel
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0xfe8e2360
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
20% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 3 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Edit#2. Two runs after I posted that charm and jewel, I got this to pop.
rHxY5Yv.jpg

I forgot how many combinations of Sur vs Vex, but it seems like Vex is by far the highest concentration of high runes I get to pop from LK. So many Vex. Only like 1 Ohm, no Lo, 2 Ber, a decent amount of Sur and a ton of Vex. This throughout the last half a year or so maybe?

Edit#3. I found this just a few runs after the Vex lol.
d7ApXYT.jpg

Last edited:
If these boots had FHR and less str required, they would be absolutely awesome, but they are still very nice the way they are!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High