Arrested Development Mafia Game Thread

It's more for outside people and dead players that we don't want liking things. Much simpler to just not allow it at all!

We can't like cause dead players may start liking posts which gives one side or another an advantage? Please tell me this hasn't happened before....

and this forum software has like no editing options (compared to the last one). I want my horizontal line!

What are the benefits of partner claiming?

What are the negatives?

I can't really see any benefits or negatives either way TBH.

Why not?

I think it's a good idea.. eventually. Doesn't have to be today. Partner claiming tomorrow is most likely just as effective as claiming today. This leaves open the possibility of leet strats today.

Just don't have anything to say yet...

Like most things, I'm not sure I agree in a blanket action like that... it may make sense to some in specific situations, but I think this will be like others... I'll share it if it feels like it should, otherwise I currently have no plans to share :D

What are the benefits of partner claiming?

What are the negatives?

I can't really see any benefits or negatives either way TBH.

At this point, I think it's a risk that isn't needed...

We can't like cause dead players may start liking posts which gives one side or another an advantage? Please tell me this hasn't happened before....

and this forum software has like no editing options (compared to the last one). I want my horizontal line!

Baby, you got a stew going.

I am the best QT partner ever. I'm only saddened that not all of you can be part of my fun.

I learned that the hard way a couple of games ago.

Players Dead:
Pharphis

Fixed that for you.

Voting rules are going to be half rounded up plus 1 for a locked lynch.

So is there going to be the half rounded up being lynch but no lock, or are we playing only with locked rules?

There's always money in it. So ya, I'd say so.

*Takes money out of banana stand*

Not any more.

It's more for outside people and dead players that we don't want liking things. Much simpler to just not allow it at all!

So can I like your posts? How about Noodle's posts? If I die, what's going to stop me from liking posts, you going to mod kill me when I'm already dead? What if I just like all the posts?

Yes, I'm asking all this to make it hard for you.

I just used mine!
Thats what she said.
I have decided to give this partner QT a proper chance, instead of dismissing it so readily. As such, I have asked my partner if s/he is scum. S/he has yet to respond, but I am hopeful.
I will report back once I have an answer.
I'm shocked and amazed that you are going to use the QT, and also, not shocked and amazed by the seriously pressing questions you are asking your QT partner.

I plan to spill my guts in the QT. Whether my partner trusts everything I say is another thing.

In the absence of any information, I believe sharing qt partners to be only beneficial to scum. When we know more, either through who scum chooses to kill or the results of our own lynches, there may be some benefit, but right now I cant imagine the information ever being more beneficial to town than scum.

Actually, scratch that. The most obvious course for scum to take in the event we shared partners would be to act to prevent the eventual formation of mason teams. IF two scum are together, and thus that pairing isnt targeted by scum, that could be of benefit to town. Unfortunately, the primary benefit of it would be to force scum to target their kills in a fashion that helped them avoid suspicion....however, that marginal benefit only acts to mitigate the downside of sharing partners, AND only occurs if scum have two members in one of the pairs.

Question: do scum kill their qt partners out of fear of slipping up, or being suspicious in their silence? Or do they let them live and attempt to manipulate them?

Question: do scum kill their qt partners out of fear of slipping up, or being suspicious in their silence? Or do they let them live and attempt to manipulate them?

I know I would attempt to manipulate and I believe quite a few other players would as well.

Your avatar looks like Val's.

Fixed that for you.
Is that a threat?
I plan to spill my guts in the QT. Whether my partner trusts everything I say is another thing.
Good luck to your homies

I'm for sharing partners in a massclaimy sort of thing similar to the all SK game. I think it helps us get reads on how players are interacting (or not) with their partners. I'm thinking D2-D3 is best for this

OT: multiquote is WEIRD, now

Fixed that for you.

So is there going to be the half rounded up being lynch but no lock, or are we playing only with locked rules?

So can I like your posts? How about Noodle's posts? If I die, what's going to stop me from liking posts, you going to mod kill me when I'm already dead? What if I just like all the posts?

Yes, I'm asking all this to make it hard for you.

Please just don't like posts, it's something the mods do't want to have to keep track of!

For the lynch, there will only be the locking vote, no vote at which the player is at lynch but not locked for that lynch.

I have decided to give this partner QT a proper chance, instead of dismissing it so readily. As such, I have asked my partner if s/he is scum. S/he has yet to respond, but I am hopeful.

I will report back once I have an answer.

Why would you dismiss it readily?

For the lynch, there will only be the locking vote, no vote at which the player is at lynch but not locked for that lynch.

So with 14 alive, it's eight votes to lynch?

Why would you dismiss it readily?

Did you forget whom you're speaking to? Also, my partner called him/herself the, and I quote, "[w]orst partner ever." I'm not sure I'd like to participate if my partner is so critical of their self.

And say goodbye to these, because it's the last time

Is that a threat?

Good luck to your homies

I'm for sharing partners in a massclaimy sort of thing similar to the all SK game. I think it helps us get reads on how players are interacting (or not) with their partners. I'm thinking D2-D3 is best for this

OT: multiquote is WEIRD, now

Do not like ><

"Hey, lets mass claim all our partners!"

Scum: Awesome, now we have a prioritized list of people to kill to break up additional communication!

Scum: "Sounds good! Lets do it D2-D3? Seems best to me!"

And say goodbye to these, because it's the last time
say goodbye to what? Did I miss something?
Do not like ><

"Hey, lets mass claim all our partners!"

Scum: Awesome, now we have a prioritized list of people to kill to break up additional communication!

Scum: "Sounds good! Lets do it D2-D3? Seems best to me!"
Why do you assume mafia will break up partnered players? Why do you assume that strategy removes mafia's flexibility in kill choices?

Do you think mafia will kill their partners or break up townie pairings? I can see benefits to both of these for the scum to do.

In the absence of any information, I believe sharing qt partners to be only beneficial to scum. When we know more, either through who scum chooses to kill or the results of our own lynches, there may be some benefit, but right now I cant imagine the information ever being more beneficial to town than scum.

Actually, scratch that. The most obvious course for scum to take in the event we shared partners would be to act to prevent the eventual formation of mason teams. IF two scum are together, and thus that pairing isnt targeted by scum, that could be of benefit to town. Unfortunately, the primary benefit of it would be to force scum to target their kills in a fashion that helped them avoid suspicion....however, that marginal benefit only acts to mitigate the downside of sharing partners, AND only occurs if scum have two members in one of the pairs.

Scum have a lot of options as long as partners are hidden. It doesn't really matter what they do, scum can benefit from the hidden and privileged information. They can kill the townie side of a couple town-mafia pairs and then each claim to be paired together (masons 4 lyfe!). They are almost guaranteed to eliminate a couple town-town pairs the first couple nights just by randomly killing anyone not partnered with scum.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High