Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

Is it just me, or anyone else experiencing that the update to the Forum (new banner at top, not sure what else) has messed up viewing on iOS? All text is vertical in a single column all the way to the left when I view on my phone. It's fine on my PC.

Reactions: Miron
Is it just me, or anyone else experiencing that the update to the Forum (new banner at top, not sure what else) has messed up viewing on iOS? All text is vertical in a single column all the way to the left when I view on my phone. It's fine on my PC.
Yep, noticed that too on iOS and Android. Made a post about it on the discord

Reactions: PhineasB
@Arjan I love my Zealer! Grief makes him so good, love to do Trav and run CS/WSK+Baal with him. He is basically invincible and deals great damage, coupled with an A2 Might Merc and Eth Reaper's Toll.

*1999 Life with CtA swap (3 open skills, just 1999 is cool)
*13,982 Defense with Holy Shield and CtA buff
*1572-2225 "Damage" shown in window with Grief, which I know is wrong, lol.

*Grief PB
*+4/+3(BO)/+1 CtA & Crappy Pally Spirit on Switch
*Fortitude Wyrmhide (I like Wyrmhide looks)
*Shako 'Ist' (For MF, this instead of Guillame's)
*+2 Pally, 16 All Res, 10%FCR(lol, when I ever finish my Hammerdin, this will go on him), 17 AR, DRB 4 Amulet
*Spirit Kurast Shield 45 All Res Base (I know odd, but Max Resist OCD with 75FR/PR, 80LR, 77FR through Resist Fire boost for his main purpose, Trav Runs. No Exile because it'd cancel Decrepify from Merc and I need that triple 80 Resist and 45 FR boost!)
*Raven Frost Ring
*+8 Min Damage, +4 Max Damage, 8 Life, 56 Mana, 20% LR, 1 to MPK Ring
*Laying of Hands
*String of Ears
*War Travs
*40% Gheed's(so many 40% Gheed's I've had to leave them on ground lol), MF+Resist Small Charms to Max Resists with more MF, MF small charms and mostly Max Damage Charms, including several also with MF, AR or Life+AR, Small and Large Charms.

A +5 All Resists/6% MF Small Charm and a +3 Max Damage/+15 Attack Rating/5% MF Small Charm, are the two highlights I have on him at this very moment.

My best Damage Charms are currently moved over to my Bowzon that I just got to Act 5 on, trying to finish beating the game on 8 Player Setting, with A2 Might Merc that also uses Eth Reaper's Toll for Decrep when playing her, a Windforce 'Ohm', Fortitude (Wire Fleece pretty graphics for Zon)...A 41% Enhanced Damage + 45% IAS + 28 to Life Great Helm (poor man's 120%/45%/massive life, helmet! But it is mighty helpful until I land at least one or two more 35-37ish+++ED/IAS Jewels to make them worth using. I actually want an elite Rare Circlet style hat, with a combo of +2 Zon Skills, top end IAS% and FRW%, STR and/or DEX, ED% possibly, Attack Rating and a MUST have 2 Open Sockets.

Sorry for the Amazon ramble. When it comes to the Zealdin with a Grief and decent other gear, at least with mine, he is virtually impossible to kill, even with small amounts of Life Steal, not having crazy life and always being in the thick of things. Max Resists, Merc constantly proc'd Decrepify, Massive Defense and Max Block.

And he can pump out solid Damage in certain areas, especially useful for Trav, just make sure to give your Merc a Steelshade with a solid Fire Resist Jewel in it, to keep him alive when Trav spawns Conviction and he hasn't proc'd Fade from Treachery of course!

Best of luck with your Zealdin! Grief makes him so, so elite! I'm pounding out LK runs right now, know Grief is amazing and there are so many Runewords I haven't made on my Single Player, I want to try a Last Wish one time, even if it will cost likely a large fraction of my wealth and may not be a huge upgrade over Grief, lol.

I just want really cool items and I need to amass Runes! I have tons of Gems, I wonder if I can upgrade all the Flawless I haven't yet and trade not just Perfect Gems, but Runes used for Crafting that I save up. I don't know the ratio, bit I know long time, heavy players, fins tons of High Runes and might want to craft or reroll items, as opposed to keeping a mountain of High Runes. Also have rares, magic items and low level items that spawned really good mods.

Gosh I went on and on. First post and time back to 1.14D OG/LEGACY D2 in a minute! I want to grind again, now that I'm getting sucked back in!

@Arjan I love my Zealer! Grief makes him so good, love to do Trav and run CS/WSK+Baal with him. He is basically invincible and deals great damage, coupled with an A2 Might Merc and Eth Reaper's Toll.

*1999 Life with CtA swap (3 open skills, just 1999 is cool)
*13,982 Defense with Holy Shield and CtA buff
*1572-2225 "Damage" shown in window with Grief, which I know is wrong, lol.

*Grief PB
*+4/+3(BO)/+1 CtA & Crappy Pally Spirit on Switch
*Fortitude Wyrmhide (I like Wyrmhide looks)
*Shako 'Ist' (For MF, this instead of Guillame's)
*+2 Pally, 16 All Res, 10%FCR(lol, when I ever finish my Hammerdin, this will go on him), 17 AR, DRB 4 Amulet
*Spirit Kurast Shield 45 All Res Base (I know odd, but Max Resist OCD with 75FR/PR, 80LR, 77FR through Resist Fire boost for his main purpose, Trav Runs. No Exile because it'd cancel Decrepify from Merc and I need that triple 80 Resist and 45 FR boost!)
*Raven Frost Ring
*+8 Min Damage, +4 Max Damage, 8 Life, 56 Mana, 20% LR, 1 to MPK Ring
*Laying of Hands
*String of Ears
*War Travs
*40% Gheed's(so many 40% Gheed's I've had to leave them on ground lol), MF+Resist Small Charms to Max Resists with more MF, MF small charms and mostly Max Damage Charms, including several also with MF, AR or Life+AR, Small and Large Charms.

A +5 All Resists/6% MF Small Charm and a +3 Max Damage/+15 Attack Rating/5% MF Small Charm, are the two highlights I have on him at this very moment.

My best Damage Charms are currently moved over to my Bowzon that I just got to Act 5 on, trying to finish beating the game on 8 Player Setting, with A2 Might Merc that also uses Eth Reaper's Toll for Decrep when playing her, a Windforce 'Ohm', Fortitude (Wire Fleece pretty graphics for Zon)...A 41% Enhanced Damage + 45% IAS + 28 to Life Great Helm (poor man's 120%/45%/massive life, helmet! But it is mighty helpful until I land at least one or two more 35-37ish+++ED/IAS Jewels to make them worth using. I actually want an elite Rare Circlet style hat, with a combo of +2 Zon Skills, top end IAS% and FRW%, STR and/or DEX, ED% possibly, Attack Rating and a MUST have 2 Open Sockets.

Sorry for the Amazon ramble. When it comes to the Zealdin with a Grief and decent other gear, at least with mine, he is virtually impossible to kill, even with small amounts of Life Steal, not having crazy life and always being in the thick of things. Max Resists, Merc constantly proc'd Decrepify, Massive Defense and Max Block.

And he can pump out solid Damage in certain areas, especially useful for Trav, just make sure to give your Merc a Steelshade with a solid Fire Resist Jewel in it, to keep him alive when Trav spawns Conviction and he hasn't proc'd Fade from Treachery of course!

Best of luck with your Zealdin! Grief makes him so, so elite! I'm pounding out LK runs right now, know Grief is amazing and there are so many Runewords I haven't made on my Single Player, I want to try a Last Wish one time, even if it will cost likely a large fraction of my wealth and may not be a huge upgrade over Grief, lol.

I just want really cool items and I need to amass Runes! I have tons of Gems, I wonder if I can upgrade all the Flawless I haven't yet and trade not just Perfect Gems, but Runes used for Crafting that I save up. I don't know the ratio, bit I know long time, heavy players, fins tons of High Runes and might want to craft or reroll items, as opposed to keeping a mountain of High Runes. Also have rares, magic items and low level items that spawned really good mods.

Gosh I went on and on. First post and time back to 1.14D OG/LEGACY D2 in a minute! I want to grind again, now that I'm getting sucked back in!
Love your enthousiasm!

I love my Zealer too... he is not yet the beast you're describing but he's getting there.
He did awesome in normal and nightmare, but Hell act I was a completely different story. He struggled and so did I. So that's when I made my first couple of gamechanging runewords (being voice of reason and treachery) for him, with Black as a solution for cold immunes. It worked and got me to act V Ancient's way without too much trouble. But then it got harder again... sooooo much cold immunes, and even groups with cold and poison immunity. So that's when I made my grief. It made that part easy as a walk in the park.
The ancients not so much. But I think I made a mistake by taking voice as 2nd hand weapon over Black.

My gear at this point is completely aimed at surviving since I'm trying to get a sept done. At this point I have this:

grief (phaseblade)
Treachery (Wyrmhide)
Tal rasha's crest
Herald of Zakarum (pDiamond)
+1 off auras, 17MF, 17 FR, PR, Cr and 54 LR
Laying of hands
String of ears
Natalya's soul
Nature's piece
Dwarf star/ravenfrost kinda depends what I need.

off hand is Black (for CI) and a shitty Spirit runeword. Might need to change that out for a better based Spirit.

I have a furyzon running LK now for runes for a CtA beacause I feel that could get me the boost I still need.

Unfortunately I have a act I merc. So reapers is out of the equation. I am hoping to get me a Faith diamond bow some time soonish. That would probably help me out a bit more. She'd running a Harmony bow now.

So now it's time to go and try and get those pesky Ancients done again...

Love your enthousiasm!

I love my Zealer too... he is not yet the beast you're describing but he's getting there.
He did awesome in normal and nightmare, but Hell act I was a completely different story. He struggled and so did I. So that's when I made my first couple of gamechanging runewords (being voice of reason and treachery) for him, with Black as a solution for cold immunes. It worked and got me to act V Ancient's way without too much trouble. But then it got harder again... sooooo much cold immunes, and even groups with cold and poison immunity. So that's when I made my grief. It made that part easy as a walk in the park.
The ancients not so much. But I think I made a mistake by taking voice as 2nd hand weapon over Black.

My gear at this point is completely aimed at surviving since I'm trying to get a sept done. At this point I have this:

grief (phaseblade)
Treachery (Wyrmhide)
Tal rasha's crest
Herald of Zakarum (pDiamond)
+1 off auras, 17MF, 17 FR, PR, Cr and 54 LR
Laying of hands
String of ears
Natalya's soul
Nature's piece
Dwarf star/ravenfrost kinda depends what I need.

off hand is Black (for CI) and a shitty Spirit runeword. Might need to change that out for a better based Spirit.

I have a furyzon running LK now for runes for a CtA beacause I feel that could get me the boost I still need.

Unfortunately I have a act I merc. So reapers is out of the equation. I am hoping to get me a Faith diamond bow some time soonish. That would probably help me out a bit more. She'd running a Harmony bow now.

So now it's time to go and try and get those pesky Ancients done again...
@Jamie Well... a lucky Goblintoe find in LK made the ancients a lot easier... So the way to WSK is open now. next up: time to test my luck with those annoying ghosts

I was looking at @Ceramic Weasel's 2009 Blade Fury Analysis guide, and the link to his Blade Fury Damage Calculator is of course long dead (and redirected me to the Chaturbate website, so NSFW :p)... does anybody have a copy/backup of this, or have any of our Calculator building guys made a new one?

Also, the top damage-dealer in his impressive list of weapons tested was an ethereal "godly rare claw", but he never listed the mods on it... anyone know? (he did say all non-RWs had Lo runes in the socket(s), so I assume 2xLo in it for 40%DS...)

WoRG

I was looking at @Ceramic Weasel's 2009 Blade Fury Analysis guide, and the link to his Blade Fury Damage Calculator is of course long dead (and redirected me to the Chaturbate website, so NSFW :p)... does anybody have a copy/backup of this, or have any of our Calculator building guys made a new one?

Also, the top damage-dealer in his impressive list of weapons tested was an ethereal "godly rare claw", but he never listed the mods on it... anyone know? (he did say all non-RWs had Lo runes in the socket(s), so I assume 2xLo in it for 40%DS...)

WoRG
The claw is so godly, that it is impossible to find or imbue.

Just take Death Ettinaxe and be done

CW was pretty transparent about testing using editors (and all testing is eth, perfect roll, etc, to underscore). So I’ve gone with extrapolating from the testing to what I have on hand or could realistically obtain with the couple characters I’ve rebuilt based on coming across that guide.

I made Chaos in a 1.07 eth Suwayyah for it. Worked pretty well.

Rare claw would probably just be all the max damage mods available:
Ethereal
Fools
Cruel
2os

Do the rare claw's mods matter much, or just to access the 100+ %ED that Claw Mastery provides?

That additional ED might be significant given the huge damage spike on 2.4 blade fury. Seems like a plain Bartuc's can be sufficient enough:unsure: (plus, every additional BF skill would add ~40 skill damage when fully synergized).

@saracen85 Ethereal, upped Bartuc's was on CW's test list, and performed quite well (981 avg dam per hit in PvP)...
but that is assuming max %ed and a Lo rune socketed (remember that BF doesn't use durability, so eth is always better)

@maxicek's Eth Chaos Suwayyah is even better tho (1115 avg dam per hit in PvP by CW's list)... while CW did assume 15%ed sup base and max %ed roll, Max's has the advantage of 1.07 eth base, so unless he rolled near min %ed, its probably even better...

I'm planning a Warrior-Monk and was looking up BF... I have a great eDeath War Spike I was considering (kick speed), but I saw the top damage dealer on CW's list was a claw (probably because of the %ed from Claw Mastery that you mentioned), and I'm trying to get a better appreciation of what makes a truely GREAT claw...

Edit: lol, just read Max's writeup...nevermind:p.... Very cool character, Max, I never would have thought Obedience would work that well (that 3/8 multiplier is brutal!!)

WoRG

Last edited:
Reactions: saracen85
Would the '09 Blade Fury analysis hold up in 2.4?

My thinking is, now that Blade Fury does Grief-esque base damage, wouldn't off-weapon ed better complement the skill? Especially the case of "on-weapon" off-weapon ed (aka ed to demons/undead).

Examples would be Nats claw with the 200% ed to demons/undead (and claw mastery) or Voice of Reason with the massive 300%+ ed to demons/undead.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High