Anything Goes D2 Lounge!

What Cattleya said and also, I think the problem is the same with dim vision charges - too short duration and limited area to be of use for the regular running. They're more of a special solution for dire circumstances like ambushes by a gloam pack or so.

A more effective, but very expensive, solution might be a Nadir hat so you can blind the whole neighbourhood near the campfires for example, but heaven have mercy on the treasury when it's time to repair.

I am the first to admit my limited experince with LK running , but wouldn't a teleport staff be enough to handle the troublesome mobs? Let them follow you away from a chest and then teleport past to open it?

Reactions: Foghorn Leghorn
Dim Vision charges are available. The AS has a page listing all of the charged suffixes available on magic/rare items:

Thanks, Cattleya - I'll peruse this when I get a moment. (y)

What Cattleya said and also, I think the problem is the same with dim vision charges - too short duration and limited area to be of use for the regular running. They're more of a special solution for dire circumstances like ambushes by a gloam pack or so.

A more effective, but very expensive, solution might be a Nadir hat so you can blind the whole neighbourhood near the campfires for example, but heaven have mercy on the treasury when it's time to repair.

I am the first to admit my limited experince with LK running , but wouldn't a teleport staff be enough to handle the troublesome mobs? Let them follow you away from a chest and then teleport past to open it?

And thank you too, Maltatai. My melee characters have never used a teleport staff before (though in retrospect, they really should have!) - am I correct in thinking Akara would sell those in Hell? A brief internet search told me that, and I'm loathe to go back to NM as I rolled a juicy LK map last night.

What is your opinion on this:

for lld 9, what is the best inventory for sacrifice barbarian?

20 life/ar medium charms or

a mix of medium charms and grandcharms?

because Grandcharms get way more attackrating than mediums, more than twice as much

the 1*1 holes can be filled with bronze small charms of strength, if you want

Code:
Bronze Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0x459972d8
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+42 to Attack Rating

Quick question to all 99ers out there..

For the most part of level 98, every Diablo kill (w/o Anni/Ondals/Shrine), I noticed that XP gain is ~55K.

Now, nearing the end, I realised that XP gain now has dropped to~50K.

Is it supposed to be this way? My mind isn't playing tricks on me, is it? Will there be further diminishment later?

Thanks in advance. Getting sooooo close now.😅

Started a summon necro, curious to see if there's a performance hit at all once i have all my skeletons in the new engine. Was one of my favorite builds so looking forward to getting him up to speed. I bought a few games during the steam sale, no idea why because i keep playing D2 anyways.

Quick question to all 99ers out there..

For the most part of level 98, every Diablo kill (w/o Anni/Ondals/Shrine), I noticed that XP gain is ~55K.

Now, nearing the end, I realised that XP gain now has dropped to~50K.

Is it supposed to be this way? My mind isn't playing tricks on me, is it? Will there be further diminishment later?

Thanks in advance. Getting sooooo close now.😅
It should have been >49k for all of lvl 98. @Nano made tables shown in third post in the compendium that several of us calculated similarly:
One question is whether you were at straight p7 for earlier part of level and now dropped to p1/p7 (or p1 until Vizier, which is what I did when not straight p7). That nets out to several thousands of XP per run, if I recall, and might be a difference for you.

Good luck on the final stretch!!

What sort of comedian made the "socket weapon" recipie use an Amn and the "socket body armour" recipie use a perfect topaz. That makes getting a nice bow (edge need Amn), merc weapon (insight needs Amn) and some MF (from ptopaz) that much harder.

What sort of comedian made the "socket weapon" recipie use an Amn and the "socket body armour" recipie use a perfect topaz. That makes getting a nice bow (edge need Amn), merc weapon (insight needs Amn) and some MF (from ptopaz) that much harder.
Actually, it's Spirit rather than Insight which needs Amn, but your point is nonetheless well taken.

However, I find the consonance (Tal Thul Topaz) and assonance (Ral Amn Amethyst) a helpful mnemonic for remembering the recipes without having to stop and look them up. Similarly, a chipped Topaz and three Thul runes make an Amn; a chipped Amethyst and three Amn runes make a Sol. For most other recipes, I have to consult the Arreat Summit. :whistle:

You are absolutely correct @Zyr, I did mean spirit.

Yeah, the TTT for armour I do remember. But then I always forget that it is for body armour, and that helmets and shield have their own. It is at least three times where I have had a helmet in the cube with TTT, hit transmute, scratch chin, hit transmute, double-check the recipie, "yeah, it is TTT", transmute again, curse a bit, tripple-check recipie, "oh, TTT is for body armour"...

I wonder which of the characters makes the most RAA-ish sound when attacking... Amazon at least qualifies I think, but maybe someone has a better one.

Reactions: Zyr
In LK, you are picking up all charms, jewels and gems as well, right?. In total, that's producing more resources than a HR once every 1000 runs. Also, you pick up all gold just by running around the superchests, correct?

I don't think that LK is worth it if you don't have all the bread and butter items yet, plus a couple of top-end uniques and set items, proper socketables for the HRs to be found etc. Besides, I don't have the patience to do thousands of LK runs. Instead I'm doing L85 areas... and I've found two and a half HRs so far, 2x Ohm and one Vex :)

In LK, you are picking up all charms, jewels and gems as well, right?. In total, that's producing more resources than a HR once every 1000 runs. Also, you pick up all gold just by running around the superchests, correct?

I don't think that LK is worth it if you don't have all the bread and butter items yet, plus a couple of top-end uniques and set items, proper socketables for the HRs to be found etc. Besides, I don't have the patience to do thousands of LK runs. Instead I'm doing L85 areas... and I've found two and a half HRs so far, 2x Ohm and one Vex :)
Yes, picking up all the good stuff and gold for sure. Just skipping all the other poppable items that used to invariably sidetrack me years ago. ;)

I'm doing AT runs again right now... I can only do one thing for so long before needing to change gears! Just nice to know LK at /players 8 is an option when the mood strikes now. :p

This is a great and often forgotten point. LK is a fantastic place for an untwinked player to upgrade their charms. My untwinked Pally has increased his Life level dramatically in just 400+ runs.

I'm thinking about making Sanctuary for my kicker. She's currently using Moser's with 2 pdiamonds in it. I'm going to max block, so a Hyperion seems to be ideal. If I want to avoid heavy shields, it has the lowest level and strength requirements of those shields that give 49% block for assassins. The mdr would also be good, but I also run the risk of getting a poor resists roll.

One of my main goals is getting enough resists to stop wearing Treachery so I can run maxed/nearlyMaxed BoS full time. (High BoS would also help with the reduced run speed from carrying a medium shield.)

So far, no gold monarch in D2R. Are there other options I'm missing?

Of course, if the game wanted to give me another Ber, CoH would a no brainer and I would have options for the shield.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High