Another 1.11 Kicker and K/T Guide

tx ilkori for the insightful info; I myself have played with trapper but switching to kicker now. ONE BIG QUESTION: does Duress work for non-ladder player??? Since i made one but not successful!! Looking forward for your enlightenment. TX a lot again.

Yikes, good question. I play Ladder only when making new characters, so I'm not entirely sure. There was a time I knew it didn't work, but then 1.11 came out.

I miss this thread..i've done ubers a few times on whcl..and I find it very hard to trade for DKeys now so I'm going to run nith myself.

She's 85..and I'm thinking that +2 Valor > Bane.
Any idea what DR to go for for nith runs? I heard it's DR and not %.
Up'd Gores
Guillame's
2 asn/15 str/13 dex/35 cold res ammy
tgods..but this should be swapped out probably..only doing nith runs are there any lit dmging guys anyways?
gloves..you suggest drac's. probably going with that.
shield..should I use Stormshield? or get a nice sanctuary, or something else? I'm going max block.
whats the fcr bps for lit/d sentry? I've got one 10 fcr..and I don't want to do weapon swithc like you suggest..as that can be super costly.

I maxed CBS/Lit/DSentry
2 Trap Charms
Torch

How many kicks should I aim at? I do need practice. I'm thinking Black Flail/Stormshield. And sticking wit hthat. Probably gonna use Fade..for more DR%. Not sure yet. Should I sol My storm and valor and guillame's? ty ahead of time.

Ah, hybrid route with strong traps. Good way to go. For kicks, I'd aim for getting just enough points for 3 kicks (lvl 12) or 4 kicks (lvl 18).

The weapon switch you say can be expensive. Yes, it can cost a lot if you go all-out or if you forget which one you are on. Otherwise, it's pretty cheap. For a long time I used a Black Flail with Stormshield on one side, then dual Spirits on the other. Crystal Swords look a lot different from Flails, so no problem there. The only thing that has changed is I randomly found an Asteron's Iron Ward (decent damage, slow, 33 CB, and magic damage - the AR bonus helps too).

On your traps, the only thing you can affect is how fast the drop on the ground - and that is IAS not FCR. The breakpoints are in jrichard's speed sticky, but I can tell you off the top of my head that your speed will be fine if you use that black flail + BoS. An IAS jewel in the Guillaume's isn't a bad idea, though.

Stormshield is hands-down the best shield on a kicker. On your build, it's good - and is only missing +skills. That's why I use a switch.

I honestly have no idea about the DR% thing. My solution has always been to avoid the high damage poison clouds. There are two basic ways to handle that - 1 run past and 2 - kill everything.

To run past, queue Mind Blast (you'll want a little more fcr to do this), use BoS, and run just knocking everything out of the way. Dragon Flight straight to Nithy and kill him on the spot - drop DSies to clear the room, or just pick the loot and teleport out.

The other option (kill everything) means playing a more defensive approach. I would let my merc die, use my Shadow (slvl 17+) as a distraction, and Blade Fury them with the Black Flail. That works really well in 1-player games, though you might need more firepower in higher player counts.

i would say ideal for kicksin is to use 2* chaos claws and claw block.

they add massive magic dmg and since you dont do much physical dmg it comes handy :smiley:

Kosmos said:
i would say ideal for kicksin is to use 2* chaos claws and claw block.

they add massive magic dmg and since you dont do much physical dmg it comes handy :smiley:
Explain again why 2x chaos is good.

Only the primary claw transfers magic/ow/ias to kick.

I built a Chaos kicker, and it worked pretty well. However, using dual Chaos is pointless. Your secondary claw only transfers passive mods (skills, resists, stats, etc.) so Bartucs and Jade Talon are both better options.

by costly I meant It could cost me my life in hc..haha..going for max block to no block is deadly if mobbed..but yeah.
I'm going to use set mithril coil for belt, and fade aura..gonna try to go 3 or 4 kicks, 17 in shadow master, and then see what fade I need for max.

but first off;are there any monsters in nith area that I need to worry about my res for?

I would never run anywhere in Hell without maxed resists (if I played hardcore). The biggest one is poison. I don't know about the others.

Well I'm running with max everything but psn..its around 30 with fade on..
I have a decent lvl BO from my barb..and those tomb vipers < me.
They do about no dmg. Thanks to the DR, and psn res I think.
Nihl's CE hurts me the most, everything else I own..haven't had life drop bad once besides on CE.
Thanks for showing me a fun char. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

With the CE, that is half fire, half physical. Monster lives are so high that it is difficult to resist that. It's easier to use Death Sentry to CE all his monsters, or to flight in and kill him before any bodies drop. Recasting your shadow as live bait works too. :D

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

With the CE, that is half fire, half physical. Monster lives are so high that it is difficult to resist that. It's easier to use Death Sentry to CE all his monsters, or to flight in and kill him before any bodies drop. Recasting your shadow as live bait works too. :D

Nice Guide. I am going to make my own pure kicker. If I have Guillaumes, Gore Riders, and Stormlash do I need the duress for cb or can I go with COH? I am always so nervous about resists.

BTW, Why can't I find this alongside the other guides?

Nice Guide. I am going to make make own pure kicker and I wanted to know that if I use Goreriders, Guillaumes, and Stormlash will I need Duress for the CB or can I use COH? I am so nervous about resists.

BTW, Why isn't this guide with the rest of them?

Sorry for double post:blush:

I'm gonna bump this thread because it was mentioned in a thread that's currently on the front page..... and I wanted to build it. Checked the sticky didn't see it in there, so for the good of the nation....

*bump*

:)

questions about kickers

i own a kicker w/ the followin gear: lw pb , guillames face , 2ravenfrosts, ammy w/ res & 2shaddisc, i have ss w/ um but am unable to use cuz of lvl, gores un-uppd , tgods/strings , and dracs again unable to use im currently using 20ias 2ma w/res glvs , and duress ap. im wondering if the following gear is suff for uberin and whether or not to switch my wep to a fleshripper. Another thing is whether to switch duress for apcoh or brmble and gloves to trangs for xtra% to venom dam??? can ne1 give me some sugg plz???

just seen this thread and am going to be building one soon. If I have any questions I'll ask here. Amazing post!! (the OP not mine)

Do points in Fade give passive PDR%?
While Fade is active, every point invested in Fade will give a 1% physical Damage Reduction. None is given when Fade is inactive. This hidden bonus also includes +skills (i.e. level 30 Fade gives 30 DR).
I think the important part of this answer is to slap down the idea that it is 'passive'. Also, as the first sentence says "every point invested" which is the terminology we use to talk about synergies, I feel this muddies the water a little. I would write something like this:

Do points in Fade give passive PDR%?
It is not passive. You are actually getting a hidden bonus of 1% PDR per Fade level while it is active. This works at the current skill level so includes plus skills.

Or perhaps something like this:

What is this hidden PDR bonus that Fade gives?
Fade gives an unlisted bonus of +1% PDR for each skill level while it is active. There is no passive effect. +skills are counted.

-----------------
My vote for sticky or link on this guide; nice work

Just swinging by, saw this was bumped.

DeadInside.DOA, thanks for the compliment. :)

prion, I like the wording change. I've never been perfect with wording. Even though I'm not a fan of using specific terminology that means something besides its literal meaning, your alternatives do read more clearly. I'll have to edit those into the main work. (Posted on the Amazon Basin since the allow outside links.)

edit - heh, just realized the primary version does have other wording.

While Fade is active, every point in Fade will give a 1% physical Damage Reduction. None is given when Fade is inactive. This hidden bonus also includes +skills (i.e. level 30 Fade gives 30 DR).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High