Annihilus Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way. As a rather purist community, we will not accept mods to get the charm. Besides, it's SO good, it's almost like it's hacked. I for one wouldn't use it.

I was wondering, can this charm be attained legit using Open-B.net?

I mean....us single players could go into Open B.net but just dont use hacks n stuff and get a charm by killing D Clone....or doe it not spawn in Open either?

LprMan said:
Couple of more things...

How would that mod work? Would it replace one superunique with DC? It should be random imo, it shouldn't happen in every game
As I mentioned, some good modder could probably take care of this. I've been looking into those files for quite some time now and I have gained some knowledge on how to add recipies, editing level caps, making new uniques, sets, modifying rune drops, removing/adding enchantments, making new superuniques, multiplying monster hp etc, most of what I know is fairly simple once you get used to working with the .txt's.

... To the point; making the Diablo clone spawn in single player is no simple task, the .txt's surely provide the possibility of actually doing it but you would really have to know what you're doing. If you can spawn the dclone... then making it a feasible attraction for single player would not be much of a problem, it would require some skillz, sure. But say I knew how, I could for example make it so there is a 10 % chance the clone will spawn within, say, 8 or 10 hours of play. Something like this can be done, and I'm sure the people at Phrozenkeep know how. I want the game to be balanced too, and i'm not at all happy with some of the mods out there. I use minor changes only for my single player benefit, like making the top runes a tad more attainable and I've also changed the graphics for some areas in the game. Working on a multi-level Frozen river atm, thinking 15 levels or so will ensure great single player fun in the future.

It's not the charm I want though, I just want to fight DC to see how tough that bugger is. :lol:

if you jsut want to see how tough DC is, then a modded diablo that appears in replacement of some superunique thta has the smae stats as DC, but without the anni charm.

~DarkChaos~ said:
No way. As a rather purist community, we will not accept mods to get the charm. Besides, it's SO good, it's almost like it's hacked. I for one wouldn't use it.

Respectfully, that's not quite true- there are people on this forum that mod, and as has been seen in this thread, some people have modded the charm out- not many though (seems to be 2- one to use it, one to get a look at the pretty thing). I've also seen other posts over the course of a year relating to mods that can be found at phrozen keep, etc, when people feel like changing game play.

I do understand though, that people do not (usually) trade with modders, etc., and I agree whole-heartedly with their reasons, I wouldn't trade either (well, truthfully, I only trade amongst my own characters so it's a moot point for me). And no, I don't mod, because I'm really really programming illiterate, and don't feel like mucking about in my pc, but I can understand and respect some of the reasons why some players do.

Basically, please don't make blanket comments about the community here- that's all I'm saying.

As for the charm- I kind of see it as incentive to get people to play b.net, in addition to having more interaction and the social feel of MP, you also get special items kind of deal, to make MP more interesting. So, I don't actually care one way or another about the charm. What Blizz wants to do with it's product, is what blizz wants to do. I had expected more differences actually, between b.net and SP, such as SP not getting the ladder only items- that was a pleasant surprise.

anyway, just my 2c's
WJ

NSXdreamer said:
It's not the charm I want though, I just want to fight DC to see how tough that bugger is. :lol:

Think of it like this:

Battle 1 me vs DClone: DClone kills me 3 times, my computer crashes (I was level 89)
Battle 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15.. etc: Killed DClone without using a pot (was level 92 - 96 when I fought him all these times)

I've seen him enough on BNet to know what hes like. He's like Hell Diablo + a tonne of resist + armageddon. As long as you can take a few hits from Hell Diablo, Dclone is easy.

Tips incase you do play bnet and have a DClone: use PMH... he heals super fast, and every time he HITS you with his physical attack he leeches like 1/5 his life back

Hmm, so if that's what he has, my avenger with/t-god, ravenfrost, rising sun, dwarfstar, and lightsabre should have a cakewalk with him since I should be able to stand in diablo's attack without even get hurt? (heh you just made me want to fight him more :p )

I recall reading that the DC was hell on casters, and relatively easy for melee (well, for reasonably skilled/equipped melee with good resists)...but that was a while ago....

I could sure make a new monster in superuniques.txt, call it dclone and give him the abilities and the graphics of the standard Diablo, make him tougher, inflict more pain and maybe even sing a song. I could easily make this specific monster have a 50 % chance to drop Annihilus and Annihilus only, then pack it into patch_d2 and send the file to anyone interested. But I would have to make him spawn a specific place in the same spot over and over.. I would not know how to make it a random event and in addition making the first superunique have state_superdiablo enabled as soon as one have been clicked on. The first part is easy, the second part is for the real experts. Calling Jarulf! I'm pretty sure he would know the solution... btw are we going anywhere with this, cause i'm pretty sure someone in the right place would do this with no hassle..

Actually, I did use a mod to fight the Diablo clone and drop the Annihilus back in the first 1.10 beta patch. He was not hard. The Diablo clone is a push over for melees with crushing blow and prevent monster healing (it was my old 1.09 avenger paladin).

I didn't see what was so useful about the charm (granted it is very good), when you count in the cost. I say let the cattle.net keep it, because we do not have 100 Stones of Jordan to sell for each spawn. I would not give up my rings for such an endeavor and I doubt others would either. It just is not worth it.

BTW, the Clone is already setup with his drop and stats in the mpq txt files. He just can't spawn.

I just don't see the point of this whole discussion

We have so many advantages over Bnet. We get all ladder-only stuff. For example Reaper's Toll/Gheed's Fortune are ladder-only. We can use same map for MF runs which makes finding items faster and easier. We have /players x command to increase drops and exp gained.

If one can't beat hell the reason is not that he/she doesn't have Annihilus. Blizz programmed the game so that Anni is not droppable in SP and im sure they have a reason for that

So why? This whole thing falls in the same category with seed command and such. They just will cause problems and tear apart our community. Im sure we all remember the threads in the past

I realize i'm in grave danger of contradicting myself by saying i'd have to agree with you both, the game is incredibly well balanced and great fun - Blizzard made a spectacular job with this game, unmatched in many areas and overall probably in the top 5 of most addictive games ever. I rest my case on the subject.

Although, TekkaZeroX, would you mind telling me where to find the clone? I could not him find in either monstats, superuniques, treasureclassex, misc or monstats2..

Quest For Glory said:
Although, TekkaZeroX, would you mind telling me where to find the clone? I could not him find in either monstats, superuniques, treasureclassex, misc or monstats2..

The clone can be found on line 334 of monstats.txt. I used the 1.10 mpq text that are inside atma config file folder, which seem to be update to date. :)

He is all setup, including his treasure class drop (that only drops the Annihilus in hell). He just cannot spawn. Those mpq files can be very enlightening to how the game works. However, I am rather nervous changing anything, because it would be cheating.

I've been ripping off dots of my hair trying to find him, thanks TekkaZeroX!

I agree about the changing thing... at first I randomly made ridiculous changes, totally unbalancing stuff.. Now I'm being much more careful. The game is perfectly balanced already, so if you're going to make changes... you'd better be prepared to fill in the gaps.

Do you have any clue how much heavy code editing it would take to make the DClone appear randomly? Many people seem to think that the fact that the strings for "X sojs sold" appears in the MPQ means that there is a simple change that would make the clone spawn in SP after a while. Not the case at all. The event is triggered by interfacing with the data on a realms database. A person would need to find the event itself in the code, and add a new trigger for it (Cube recipe) . However, if you didn't make it random there would be less work involved. I believe the easist way to add a DClone into SP would be make a new area (Adding a few DS1's) and a cube recipe that would spawn the portal to this area (Definetly make it a hard to complete recipe E.G. 6 sojs). You could then add the clone to the area, and voila. However, this community would never support it, so it's best to investigate with these clues yourself if you want to do it. Cheers! :drink:

I trust you read earlier in this thread I would have no clue whatsoever on how to assign random appearance of the dclone. Your thoughts on making a recipe requiring multiple not-so-attainable itamz would clearly be a good solution, Boddah_Khan. One could have the demon portal open by hitting transmute etc.. now making a whole new level with dclones and other foul monsters and beasts running around in it would require hard work but it's not too complicated. That random spawning thing would be much harder, at least for me.

Let me just say before I go to bed, I'm not and I don't think I am, a good modder or anything. I've just started looking at the subject compared to the guys who have been around doing this for a long time, but i'm sure having lots of fun with it anyway. I'd love to conjure up a mods forum here, that would be awesome :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High