An Introduction

Freuga

Nov 4, 2021
Hello all! Per the Rules, I wanted to make a brief introductory thread. 20+ year Diablo veteran and long-time regular enjoyer of the SPF here, though I never posted and don't believe I ever formally created an account. I have always been impressed by the collegiality of this community and have intended to formally join for many years now. I remember reading through posts one night and then going to tell my wife that I finally found "my people". :D I look forward to taking a more active role in the community moving forward! For any interested, here is a recap of my D2 career and goals I have for the future.

I started my Diablo journey at the tender age of 6, my first memories of this joyous game involving hovering over my dad's shoulder as he slew demons in the evenings and early mornings. I suppose that makes me fairly young by veteran standards! I started playing a lot lot in middle school, even getting banned for a few months by my parents for poor grades... but that didn't stop me from reading about Diablo, which is when I first encountered the old SPF site and became well-versed in the Arreat Summit, ready to start anew. Since then, I have invested thousands of hours, split fairly evenly between SP and MP. I never was particularly wealthy though :LOL:

I have most actively been following Kitteh's untwinked 99er thread for the past couple years. I started an untwinked cold sorceress some time ago (currently sitting at level 92) with the intent of joining, so that will be my first project!

In real life, I am finishing medical school in the eastern United States and currently preparing to enter residency in neurology. I have a wife and three young kids who already love to "control the hand" in our favorite game! It can be a busy life, and D2 is my favorite way to unwind when I have moments to myself. The release of D2R coincides with a relative calm in my medical training, presenting a perfect opportunity (and excuse) to enjoy the game even more. Anyhow, I'm excited to get to know all of you a little better and finally be an official member of the SPF!

~Freuga

Welcome to the active part of the SPF! Always nice to see some long-timers delurk 🙂

Thank you for the infos! So you wanted your kids to break your record for youngest D2-Player ever? 😁

I wish you all the best for D2 and RL! Neurology seems like a very intersting, but demanding choice! I always found there's still so much to explore and learn in that specialization, even though there is already vast knowledge (and thus much to learn) there.

See you around!

Reactions: Freuga
Welcome! It's great to have another D2 veteran in our midst. I'm looking forward to your entrance into the UT 99er thread!

So you wanted your kids to break your record for youngest D2-Player ever? 😁

I wish you all the best for D2 and RL! Neurology seems like a very intersting, but demanding choice! I always found there's still so much to explore and learn in that specialization, even though there is already vast knowledge (and thus much to learn) there.

I probably would have waited a little longer, but my two year old always begs to get on when he sees me play. How can I resist? He can already reliably navigate himself to the boat in Lut Gholein every time.

And thanks! There definitely are still so many exciting unknowns in neurology, even though the field has really exploded with treatments of late.

I'll admit, the though of someone who started D2 at 6 now doing the whole doctor thing makes me feel really really old!

Haha, right? I guess the time flew by for all of us. For me it's hard to imagine any long stretch without D2, so I'm counting on all of us to keep this game running and relevant for the decades to come!

Welcome! It's great to have another D2 veteran in our midst. I'm looking forward to your entrance into the UT 99er thread!
Thanks!!

This is kind of silly, but after years of lurking you guys are basically my idols... so I appreciate the welcomes!

Welcome to the Forums @Freuga I also "actively lurked" for years before joining and actively participating here, and I hope you enjoy your participation here as much as I have. Looking forward to hearing about the Untwinked 99er Sorc!

Welcome, Now that you have come out of the closet we will expect you to actively participate. So, you can forget the wife, kids and job :D Well, since the kids play, they still have a chance I guess.

I will go over the 20 year mark sometime shortly after Thanksgiving. Unlike you, I am on the other end of the long time player spectrum. I was introduced by my oldest daughter who was 20 something back then.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Babyhell and Freuga
Wow @LouB, good on you for sticking with it! It takes some convincing to get my dad to join me nowadays :LOL:

I figure my kids will like games of their own someday and I'll owe it to them to give them an honest chance. Sharing with family and friends is a lot of what makes any game great, D2 included.

Welcome!

*kicks tibias*

going to tell my wife that I finally found "my people". :D

My wife is very much not into video games, so I try not to bore her too much. She got a bit too much into Angry Birds several years ago, and now she doesn't want to play them at all. :rolleyes: I fully plan on turning our (future) kids against her. :D

Welcome to the forums, and what a nice introduction thread. I look forward to reading more of your contributions on here. Good luck with the 99er (or whichever other endeavour you settle on).

Oh, and since shins are already kicked:
*steals wallet*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High