Amazon Sydney's Untwinked journey to 99

Kstil3227

Jun 22, 2019
Guardian post is located here. Sydney started out as a Poison/Plague Zon with Charge Strike/Max Valk for immunes. I quickly realized that this build in patch 2.4 was really strong at an early stage in the game. She quested along at P8 settings up until Act 1 hell, and then dropped down to P3/5 until Shenk in Act 5. After Shenk the settings went down to P1 until the end. There was a stop along the way to farm LK for Bramble and other runewords. First 1,000 LK runs gave a total rune haul of 5 Lem, 3 Pul, 1 Um, 4 Mals, 0 Ist, 3 Gul (1 from Hellforge), 1 Vex from playthrough found in LK, 4 Ohms, 2 Lo, 1 Sur. 2 Mals were cubed for the Ist in CtA along with a Mal and Ohm. 1 Ohm and 1 Sur used in the Bramble. After this LK run was the push to Guardian. Then she sat for about 4 months while I finished Hurricane-Syd's journey to 99.

Picked Amazon Sydney back up and took her back to LK for more runes, I ran another 1602 runs for runes and got tired of LK, so it was off to run Terror Zones. That post is here. The switch over netted a JAH RUNE in the 1st run in the sewers! Then it was time to cube runes in the stash for Enigma. Cubed up Ohm's, Lo's and Sur's for a Ber. 1699193264753.png1699193627560.png

I managed to level Sydney to 91.5 before the Poison/Plague Javs were just too slow killing at P5-P8 and P1 exp was moving too slow for my liking. So I respec'd to Lightning Fury. Much faster kill speed and she could handle P8, the exp bar just went soaring after that. A Crown of Ages dropped shortly after and decided to use a socket quest on that to put an Um rune in to max out Resists completely by level 92.6

Up next was the grind for keys and an SOJ to tackle Uber Trist and Uber Diablo. 700 NM Andy runs got Sydney her SOJ, then she made quick work of Diablo for a (14/15/7) Anni. Key grinding took awhile but in the end she had 8 3x3 keysets hoping for 1 Zon torch out of 8 runs (if she survived them all). Sydney had 1/2 a level left after the key grind, so I ran some TZs to finish it before Ubers. Incoming rune drop in the Pits! ZOD!1699194347259.png

Uber Trist came next, and it took only 2 runs to get a Zon Torch which was very nice. The Uber Post is here and the gear post here. (14/19 Torch)

The rest of the leveling updates are linked below:

Level 96
Level 97+ +Mang's Song
Level 98 + MFO +CHAM Rune
Level 99!

Sydney's leftover runes after the entire journey to 99:Screenshot071.png
Not a bad haul.

Final Build was a Pure Lightning Java Zon.

Gear:

Helm:
Griffon's Eye (-18/+15) (Cannot find the Screenshot of this drop, but it happened in The Great Marsh TZ at the end of level 97)
Amulet: Mara's (29@)
Weapon: Up'd Titan's (196% ED)
Armor: Archon Plate Enigma
Shield: Spirit Monarch (32FCR/22 Vita/90 Mana)
Gloves: 2/20 Java gloves w/16 FR and 13 PsN res
Ring 1: Crafted Blood Ring (5Mana Leech/2 Life Leech/3 STR/39 Life/27 CR/8 PsN res)
Ring 2: Raven Frost (215/19)
Belt: Razortail
Boots: War Trav's (45MF)

Inventory:
Torch
Anni
ID Tome
Cube
-70LR Sunder Charm
143/13/38 Gheeds
1 Java Skiller
15 All Res GC
13 All Res/3 STR GC
13 All Res/6 STR GC
21LR/45 Life GC
22LR/19 Life GC
11 LR SC
14 Life/5 all res SC
17 Life/5 all res SC
20 Life/5 FR SC
1-10 Light Dam/5 all res SC
1-2 Fire Dam/20 Life SC
20 life SC

Merc: Ac2 Holy Freeze

Andy's Helm (9 Life Leech/25 STR)
Fortitude
ETH CV Insight (Level 14 Med)

Very nice!

Awesome! I especially like the no Infinity.
Me too. A well equipped Javazon with Griffon’s and a Sunder GC in D2R is already a powerhouse. ‘Insight’ seems like the more practical choice for a mercenary weapon, because this build is mana-hungry.

@SirName Thanks

@little birdy Ya, the mana intensive Javazon definitely needs the insight...otherwise she's chugging mana pots the whole time

would the leveling process have been faster with Infinity, sure, but at the cost of how many LK runs to get it....idk

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High