Alysha The HC 99 Adventurer.

Dispo96

Apr 3, 2008
Well since a few people have said they like my style I'm back. :D I was going to only start posting once I hit Nightmare as that's where I died but I figured why not post boss kills and important things as we go. :D

Goals:

-HC Level 99. (Will be my first post 1.10)
-Infinity.
-Hell Baal.
-Grail.

Rules:

-Dead is dead.
-GoMule Allowed, due to unforseen circumstances Alysha burned all Draydons files and is starting fresh.
-P8 for initial clear on everything, P1 for countess re-runs and P3 at a minimum for boss re-runs.
-Must get all WP's (Exception; Halls of Pain - Farming purposes)
-Must do all Quests. (Allowed to wait to hand in all quests.)
-Re-Rolling maps is allowed once boss has been killed.

I'd like everyone to meet Alysha, seeing as she killed my last hero I figured one in her name would be rather fitting. :D

Alysha is going to start as a fire trapsin through norm, switch to a light trapsin once I hit nightmare. Until I get optimal gear I will be focusing on SM aswell until a respec can happen.

---------------------

Shall we begin!

Andy was a cake walk. :)
Screenshot002.jpg

Cube'd a nice Polearm for my homie Kasim. :)
Screenshot003.jpg

This time it was not the first way...
Screenshot004.jpg

Duriel wanted nothing to do with my merc, chased me around forever. Was a long fight. :/
Screenshot005.jpg

Last edited:
We've found a precious item, I hear it will revitalize me. :)
Screenshot006.jpg

Khalim's Eye, it's squishy... Maybe it's edible. :eek:
Screenshot007.jpg

Gambled a decent circlet. Wil probably try for boots now.
Screenshot008.jpg

Will be nice once Mazin can wear it.
Screenshot009.jpg

Found a spare butter knife, where's the bread?
Screenshot010.jpg

If only you could self level with Enchant.. Man wouldn't that be great.
Screenshot011.jpg

Khalim's Brain is more squishy than his eye, I wonder why...
Screenshot012.jpg

More knowledge, more power. :)
Screenshot013.jpg

Khalim's Heart is cold... It's all coming together. :D
Screenshot014.jpg

I'd like to say I remember why I hate Act 3.... I had to scour the entire map for a sliver that was near the beginning to get to Flayer Jungle.... Once I found it however it was smooth sailing.

I was going to only start posting once I hit Nightmare as that's where I died but I figured why not post boss kills and important things as we go. :D

Some of us take great delight in seeing how other players utilize Savage Polearms, low level gambles, and the like. :)

I can't get the item generation tutorial to show right now, so I can't give you specifics (why don't I have a hard copy, or at least the important bits memorized?)

What I like to do is roll the Partizan through the cube with chippies after I get one, when possible. Granted, this only nets you a ilvl 25 (30 for higher quality gems) but you can get 2 sockets as well. You can make some pretty slick weapons with a lucky prefix, suffix, and 2os.

@Zyr

I appreciate the feedback. :D

@Kitteh

Haha, it is fun in the beginning, trying to fight your way to the end. :)

@logoutzero

Thanks for the tip man, used it and it's in my last screenshot. I'm unsure if I can get much better so I'll try to do another Partizan and roll that one. Presently don't really have any good jewels to put in the partizan however. :/

-------------------------

Woke up this morning, scoured the council for the flail. Much harder than my zealer to kill council. :(
Screenshot001.jpg

We managed to push through however. :)
Screenshot002.jpg

No farming meph here, good thing it's normal!
Screenshot003.jpg

Took some time and all my pots but we managed to take down mephisto, Kasim didn't last unfortunately.
Screenshot004.jpg

Nice action shot for the 15 minute Izual fight. Zealer again much faster haha.
Screenshot005.jpg

We nailed him up however and free'd his soul. :)
Screenshot006.jpg

Mind blast is by far OP, normally my merc alwasy dies to Hephasto, Kasim is also beast mode.
Screenshot007.jpg

Not the worst rune drop but pretty damn close..
Screenshot008.jpg

Made this, I believe with the IAS it's hitting 6FPA which is better than my cuirrent polearm by a lot.
Screenshot009.jpg

Nowhere near enough STR and will be able to buy 2x +1 claws from Anya shortly.
Screenshot010.jpg

Was a very long fight being highly resistant to fire lol... took him down though.
Screenshot011.jpg

With @logoutzero 's advice I have rolled this, honestly not sure what to put in it however. :/ I feel like you should be putting -Req jewels but I don't have any.
Screenshot012.jpg

@T72on1

Thank you. :)

-----------------------------

Killed me some Shenk and a merc upgrade. :D
Screenshot001.jpg

Got all the hulk smashers free'd. :)
Screenshot002.jpg

Highest rune so far!
Screenshot003.jpg

Huge belt upgrade!
Screenshot004.jpg

Nice charm, will keep for quite some time.
Screenshot005.jpg

Two uniques in one screen! Another RC... -_- HC Leveling 101. :D Except not really..
Screenshot007.jpg

Old man bones down, was actually a pretty long fight.
Screenshot008.jpg

Expensive but I've been saving money because I didn't know how much they would be.
Screenshot009.jpg

Can't belive I found two +1's before I found trap/martial :D
Screenshot010.jpg

I like SM, keeps them all occupied so they all get lit up! Was still a pretty lnog fight.
Screenshot011.jpg

Got em nailed up however. :)
Screenshot012.jpg

If I wanted to run baals I could, level 2-3 was quick too!
Screenshot013.jpg

I had to go to Akara and respec... I went through and entire inventory of potions and the minions recovered all their life on P8, had to change to lightning and lister still took 10 minutes by himself, after the minions. What a level of regen he had.
Screenshot014.jpg

Baal went down pretty easy, got lucky, no clone and he focused my SM!
Screenshot015.jpg

Let's go crush nightmare. :)
Screenshot016.jpg

Two and neither are 4OS, I think I'm going to stick with dual claws and claw blocking however.
Screenshot001.jpg

Well I've surpassed Draydons progress now haha. :D
Screenshot002.jpg

Raven took long, clearly resistant to lightning, will be a challenge in hell...
Screenshot003.jpg

Highest rune so far. :D
Screenshot004.jpg

Nice dual res ring!
Screenshot005.jpg

Going to hunt for a Sol so I can make Lore, nothing more important than + skills & Res on a trapsin.
Screenshot006.jpg

No resist lightning up in this crib.
Screenshot007.jpg

Found a 4OS Flail on my ride down 6-7th run, banking for Hoto.
Screenshot008.jpg

First unique gloves, too bad no use.
Screenshot009.jpg

This was run 25 or so... found Sol! Total runes found so far with no farming other than NM Countess, I've been grabbing all the runes I find.

3 El Rune
3 Eld Rune
3 Tir Rune
3 Nef Rune
10 Eth Rune
4 Ith Rune
9 Tal Rune
5 Ral Rune
7 Ort Rune
3 Thul Rune
3 Amn Rune
3 Shael Rune
2 Hel Rune

Screenshot010.jpg

Lore complete, needed a level before I could wear it, almost 1k on my Sentry now. :)
Screenshot011.jpg

Not close to the WP
Screenshot012.jpg

But close to the end... May farm, we will see how NM goes.
Screenshot013.jpg

First unique ring, 23% nagel.
Screenshot014.jpg

Well I must say Alysha is faring very well. I know Hell will be a challenge until LK/Infinity but right now nothing is really standing in my way. I think I'm going to pump FB & SM until I get Infinity and respec, I just think a good tank other than the merc will be a huge help in Hell. Still playing on P8, I don't think there's really anything worth farming in NM, I need to farm Hell countess for Lum. May end up farming Pit before progressing past A1. :/

Found some boot upgrades on my way to Rad.
Screenshot001_Copy.jpg

Wasn't too difficuly, he killed my homeboy Kasim however...
Screenshot002_Copy.jpg

Grail stuff n' things.
Screenshot003_Copy.jpg

I normally wouldn't post this but the spawn from 1-2-3 was just insane...
Screenshot004_Copy.jpg

2-3
Screenshot005_Copy.jpg

3 Was decent too. -_- I hope Hell is like this, it's actually the only place I'm dreading. :/
Screenshot006_Copy.jpg

Staff, gained half a level from this room.
Screenshot007_Copy.jpg

First 4OS Sword/Shield I've found to test that I enabled ladder RW's correctly.
Screenshot008_Copy.jpg

I did, WOOP WOOP. To bad this isn't my pally. 34% -_-
Screenshot009_Copy.jpg

He spawned inside the ring, made this really simple.
Screenshot010_Copy.jpg

I'm really liking the dual claw setup for the block vs a shield, spells ect get blocked, I didn't get frozen from his ice blast on a block it was nice.
Screenshot011_Copy.jpg

Got all the WP's in A2!
Screenshot012_Copy.jpg

Another Nagel, 22%... The ring game begins. On my other character, first unique ring he found was an Soj nutty.
Screenshot013_Copy.jpg

Duriel took a bit but SM tanked and Duriel gave me a level so onward we go. :)
Screenshot015_Copy.jpg

Really nice to see you progress! Best of luck on your adventure and may RNg be with you for some juicy gear upgrades!

Stay safe

Holy crap, that progress! Glad you're back into it. :D Good luck with her!

To me, the three difficulties are like three stages of progress:
Normal: Basically item find/character run through - it's fairly standard, early game MF, find a few items, stat/skills don't make a whole lot of difference, as I work with the mercenary as a main killer in most areas.
NM: Skill progression - Develop an affinity with the character and skills; work on skill combos and what works with what. Learn about how the character reacts to certain dangers, and develop on focusing on AoE/crowd control skills, and push through. Still pretty normal.
Hell: Really determines if the character/play-style will work, implementing certain tactics to various areas, and use items/stats/skills to push through.

All stages are important, as they are all character development, so happy to read the highlights from the start! Even if posting is limited, a lot of us will read and go through it, so feel free to post as many highlights as you'd like. The main thing is to enjoy it!

those golden gauntlets arent those frostburns?

a quick lookup at areats told me they are:

Defense: 47-49 (varies)(Base Defense: 12-15)
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 60
Durability: 24
+10-20% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+30 Defense
+5% Enhanced Damage
Increase Maximum Mana 40%*
Adds 1-6 Cold Damage, Cold Duration: 2 Seconds
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

im pretty sure that 40% mana increase is nice to have on a low level toon that uses magica (which you do with those traps ;))

@ArtOfSenf

Thank you sir. :) Hope RNG is nice to me too!

@T72on1

Thanks! That belt, unreal... Still using it, hopefully I find some other juicy things!

@Drystan

I've made even more progress haha, hoping to hit LK by tomorrow.... May have to go back and farm meph/pindle for some time and get merc better upgrades / Life leech for hell but we will see.. May just farm Pit before LK, unsure yet.

@BKC

They definitely are Frosties, I've made insight now so I don't believe I need them but I may use them for now just to be more safe... I honestly don't know what gloves I want. :/

----------------------------

I'd like to apologize for the long update this one is going to be, however I was playing between my laptop and desktop and forgot to upload my S/S's and didn't want to be out of proper order so now here I am. :) Going to do these in sets of 10 so there's a break... Played a lot yesterday!

----------------------------

Right off the hop we found a very expensive figurine, going to barter it for some HP.
Screenshot0001.jpg

First 4OS Polearm I've found, I'm going to hold on to it for a bit and see if I need it or not, right now I don't mind funneling manapots.
Screenshot0002.jpg

Found this in the spider cavern, not too long after! Now I can make a reasonable insight. :D
Screenshot0003.jpg

Got rid of the silly voulge, not worth keeping for anything...
Screenshot0004.jpg

Found a Goopy eye, nice and squishy.
Screenshot0005.jpg

Loaded up my runes and made a really nice insight. :)
Screenshot0006.jpg

Sigons and a Dol all in one, swapped out my mana pots with another row of Juv's you never know..
Screenshot001.jpg

Found another 4os Polearm, I'm going to save this one, I think once I finish the game with my trapsin I'll eventually use her finds for other heroes, unless I do another solo self found.
Screenshot002.jpg

Decent base for something, probably hold on to this too, find an early lem make treach for merc.
Screenshot003.jpg

Saving this for LK in hell. :) Speed is of the essence.
Screenshot004.jpg

Found this gem, no use for it on my sin but I think it's good enough to keep for the future.
Screenshot005.jpg

Found the good ole' butter knife!
Screenshot006.jpg

And some tasty brains! A level aswell. :)
Screenshot007.jpg

Going to use this over stealth, CBF & +1 Skills will be really good for now, will replace with smoke or treach eventually... I think smoke, the +res just are hard to pass up.
Screenshot008.jpg

Found the book of knowledge once more, nothing wrong with some +stats!
Screenshot009.jpg

Finding a lot of bowa gear, I had a really nice bowa in 1.12, faith merc and 1.09wf, was unreal but that would take so much farming.
Screenshot010.jpg

Khalim's squishy hard to complete the set!
Screenshot011.jpg

This was surprisingly easy! Still playing on P8 but CoS is just an unreal tool...
Screenshot012.jpg

Smashed the protection orb, on to the depths of hatred!
Screenshot013.jpg

Wont be farming this one either, may re-roll the map but also may just push to hell pits...
Screenshot014.jpg

His lightning resistance and P8 made this long but it was pretty safe overall!
Screenshot015.jpg

Same here, long but nothing challenging, tired of releasing souls however...
Screenshot016.jpg

I was going to mindblast him but he somehow got stuck in this opening and Kasim and my shadow + traps obliterated him.
Screenshot017.jpg

That cash money, unreal. :D
Screenshot018.jpg

Lum... Oh boy... should I make smoke now once I find a decent armor or wait it out...
Screenshot019.jpg

Gambled these, first ones I gambled. :D Definitely cant complain.
Screenshot020.jpg

Long fight, used all my healing pots... Almost should have went back to town...
Screenshot021.jpg

Found these, nice upgrade to my present gloves!
Screenshot022.jpg

Clearly should have used the frosties up until now LOL!
Screenshot023.jpg

Rescued all my homies. :D Free runes and I'm actually debating going with an A5 barb and breaking the usual...
Screenshot007.jpg

Anya and some +stats!
Screenshot008.jpg

This was her gift to me, nice pre-buffer! Also going to farm claws now, been saving all my 30k gold items to sell at this point to get what I need, I'm level 64 so let's go shopping!
Screenshot009.jpg

Found an upgrade to my +1 all!
Screenshot010.jpg

Then I found these... I didn't think I could find +3 right now. :/
Screenshot011.jpg

Going to use these with my +2 Shadow Dis
Screenshot012.jpg

Nevermind going to use these, then I did something silly and instead of putting the +2All on my Trap side I sold them in the gambling window...
Screenshot013.jpg

And had to farm some new +2's lol!
Screenshot014.jpg

From here we will now push NM to the end, may farm baal, may farm pits.. We will see...

This is my Trap damage with trap side and skills.
Screenshot001.jpg

This is my pre-buff side, I'd been running a lot of Fade lately and less BoS because it's just a lot safer... Rather be safe than sorry!
Screenshot002.jpg

So I've been using qwer/asdf, it's not too bad, I've been going really slow however because I don't want to make a mistake lol....

------------------------

I also found out that by trying to backup all my files, I was making a booboo... I would take my GoMule from the MicroUSB and putting it on my desktop to back it up, then I would use it on my desktop instead of the usb, then i would try to put the desktop version on to the usb and over write my files, things were missing and I just realized it's because the stashes are still linked to the usb lol.... So I suppose I just backup to the desktop and use the usb and the desktop will always be the just incase stuff LOL... Lost some runes, some of my set gear, some uniques, nothing crazy but I was so confused....

---------------------------------

Anyways, we press onward. :) Found a new set on the way to Nith!
Screenshot001.jpg

Was a pretty easy fight, I wont be doing this in hell until I have infinity lol...
Screenshot002.jpg

First chance at a shako... No beuno!
Screenshot003.jpg

Almost had to town... Ran out of mana pots LOL! Came unprepared...
Screenshot004.jpg

Really good 2-3 Spawn!
Screenshot005.jpg

And 3-4!!! May farm a bit to 75~
Screenshot006.jpg

Was a pretty long fight, will probably farm WSK but not baal.
Screenshot007.jpg

Junk Drops as per usual.
Screenshot008.jpg

Conqueror Alysha. :D
Screenshot009.jpg

A trick for long fights (Diablo, Ancients...) from my days of playing HC: drop some potions on the floor so you can pick them and add them to the belt on the fly without opening the inventory.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High