[2018] Weekend Warrior Tournament [by DiabloTwoinDC]

Grape said:
DiabloTwoinDC said:
Harmony (req lvl 39) equipped at level 60! :rolleyes:

That would be rough if you were replacing wep each act untwinked..
I thought the Vigor would speed up the most in the Act III, and I got to equip it from lvl 56 already!!

That would be quite rough indeed

ffs said:
Grats! Thanks for posting this while my untwinked Nec is desparately farming for a Jah to make Enigma. :mad:

Also liking the dex-as-dex-can approach you're going for. But I surely hope your weapon switching is going to lead to some WF + Faith Merc action as well! ;)

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Urkräfte (lvl 55) - Kurast Docks NM

A1 NM (30 mins)
A2 NM (35 mins?) I lost track again. :confused:

Decided to stray from the Uniques-only theme. There aren't really any good elemental damage armors after Spirit Forge, so went with 'Duress'.
1608274305682.png

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Urkräfte (lvl 65) - Harrograth NM

A3 (50 mins)
A4 (35 mins)

Couldn't think of anything better to put in here, so went with -15% req +fire damage jewel. Kill speed is starting to slow down quite a bit. Might go back to the plan of using Corpsemorn. o_O
1608274367153.png

Edit:
Urkräfte (lvl 71) - Rogue Encampment Hell

A5 (45 mins)
1608274382735.png

PI/Stone Skin was pretty slow, even with all the elemental damage he has. Better get some points into Berserk.

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Urkräfte (lvl 72) - Black Marsh Hell

Decided to do the Countess on Hell difficulty, and I'm glad I did. This has to be the best overall Countess map I've ever seen:
1608274432311.png

1608274442535.png
1608274451614.png
1608274461038.png
1608274470378.png

Grape said:
Honey the level 86 Fuzzy Dodger has completed the first three Acts of Hell. Still P8 all the way. Progress is steady and she has no problems handling the monsters, but especially Act II took quite long with its PIs.

1608274550889.png
Hooray for the Reaper's Toll! This guy took longer to kill than Mephisto. High level Valkyrie is an insane tank, as is well known.

DiabloTwoinDC said:
drmalawi said:
Cool baba @DiabloTwoinDC !
What charms are you using? Elemental dmg aswell? Will you use demonlimb enchant charges too?
Thanks! Only a couple elemental damage charms. I left him with mostly +dmg/AR since his weapons aren't the greatest for physical damage. Went with Lava Gout, so no need for Demon Limb. He only has Taunt for Warcries, so CtA + Spirit on switch.

drmalawi said:
DiabloTwoinDC said:
Thanks! Only a couple elemental damage charms. I left him with mostly +dmg/AR since his weapons aren't the greatest for physical damage. Went with Lava Gout, so no need for Demon Limb. He only has Taunt for Warcries, so CtA + Spirit on switch.
Are you gonna use Gimmershred later on?
If you are using Duress due to no (reasonable) unique armor with elemental damge, you might aswell use Trechery for that joozy attack speed :)

Grape said:
Honey is now a Matriarch, Hell Baal fell when she was lvl 88.

She was played with /players 8 from start to finish. Normal and NM as a MS/Strafe bowazon (and Hell Pits until clvl 84). Hell was played as a Fuzzy Dodger, swingin my Eth Tomby. Wouldn't recommend a single attack character without teleport for this tournament, at least players 8. Hell took some time :p I'll write more later.

1608274659761.png
Thanks for coming up with a nice little tournament idea @DiabloTwoinDC ! I may use this format again, maybe with a bit faster character next time ;)

drmalawi said:
Grape said:
Honey is now a Matriarch, Hell Baal fell when she was lvl 88.

She was played with /players 8 from start to finish. Normal and NM as a MS/Strafe bowazon (and Hell Pits until clvl 84). Hell was played as a Fuzzy Dodger, swingin my Eth Tomby. Wouldn't recommend a single attack character without teleport for this tournament, at least players 8. Hell took some time :p I'll write more later.

1608274659761.png

Thanks for coming up with a nice little tournament idea @DiabloTwoinDC ! I may use this format again, maybe with a bit faster character next time ;)
Contratulations to the weekend warrior :D

DiabloTwoinDC said:
Patriarch Urkräfte (lvl 81)

1608274799461.png
1608274809866.png

Made it! Frenzy with no CB is not a good idea.. P3 for A1/A2, but killing was getting slow. Dropped to p1 for the rest of the way. Used Frostwind/Lightsabre most of the time, switching out for Flamebellow when there were many CI.

A1 (??)
A2 (45 mins)
A3 (50 mins)
A4 (25 mins)
A5 (45 mins)

@Grape - I put you on a table on the OP. Any other info you want to add?

NanoMist said:
I finished this on Sunday night, but the video uploaded tonight. Here's my first attempt at a twinked Hell Sorc Speedrun. I've only ever done any% normal runs, as per speedrun.com rules- the Hell runs were just too lengthy for me to even attempt. Obviously, twinked runs (with GoMule/RWM) is not an official category, but it's a Hell run that should be much faster to complete, meaning I can actually take a character to the end of hell in a single session. It is a fun experience too, albeit frantic and chaotic at times.

Keep in mind this is a softcore run, so it's not comparable to Nightfish's HC run. Even though I didn't die, I did push hard without fear of losing items, and without that fear, I can use items like CTA. I also had respec available, another great advantage in optimizing the run.

Prepping this run took longer than the run itself, especially shopping the staves with charges that was critical for the first 2-3 acts. I shopped with my level 99 assassin in order to maximized the skill level and number of charges. The best part is the sorceress can use charges of her own skills at the same level the skill is available to her, meaning I can equip level 11 charged bolts at level 1, while other characters would need to be level 7 to equip the same staff. This allowed my sorc to power through at players8 without any mana issues.

Equipment/stats/skills shown at the end of the video.

Run finished at 2:45:55, including all muling time. Plenty of areas to improve upon, including but not limited to: Reading maps better, improving equipment selections, improving my overall play, better map RNG, remembering to go back to players1 for boss fights, trying Blizzard instead of Frozen Orb, etc...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High