2017 Winter RFL Signup and Running Thread: 2nd Round

Can confirm, agreed.

Tomorrow I might try to test barb to see can he actually outperform sorc or not (mathematically at least). Since with sorc I skipped 1 creep once in ~12 runs (translating into ~17.439s average time as if she never skipped anything), conclusion is 56% hork barb who skips nothing (standard with barb I think) should have average below ~28.042s. Right. Challenge accepted mode on.

Last day, people. Good luck to those still running :). May the Chams and Bers rain down from the sky. Or at least from the Council.

Sorry, I won't finish my batch, even if I found more in 8 hours than in all first round. But I can't stand the council any more, the last try I gave this, I had to stop after 10 minutes...

Argh, I still have lots of hours left but not feeling the grind at the moment. Guess I just have to push it. Thankfully this is over soon, really anxious to see what awesome things people have found.

Edit. Double-argh, Council threw me my fourth eth Steel Shade, once again with sub-par fire sorb:
Code:
Steel Shade
Armet
Defense: 499
Durability: 13 of 13
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 99
Fingerprint: 0xeeb7ad7e
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
5% Mana stolen per hit
+122% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +11
+8 Fire Absorb Ethereal

Last edited:
My results have been sent to Grape. I feel like my score is really low for this round, but I had to play really safe since I haven't made CtA yet. Looking at other's run times, I am nowhere close to you guys.

Good luck everyone!

-Rocks

Cool, thanks. I just need to finish up work here in San Diego, fly back up to Sacramento, drive to Roseville, say hi to the wife, and hunker down for a couple of hours. No problem.

New barbie video. Don't hate etc.
Map is borrowed from a sorc since it is the most perfect map for a barb as well to test them head to head in a most objective way. My item scan technique is decent I think, this walk technique on balcony might be enough to fast scan for any rune that dropped. Though it is always questionable with a barb...

Tomorrow I might try to test barb to see can he actually outperform sorc or not (mathematically at least)...

The answer is no, he can't. At least I can't. Not on a long run, only on shorter one. By my estimation on a long run barb is ~4% slower, it is simply too demanding to play him so perfectly so long. So, I'd say sorc > barb by a hair for Travincal as my final assessment from my tests.

EDIT
Ah yes, that Beast thing. By my tests there is no visible difference between Grief + Grief or Grief + Beast, but with Beast it is overall more comfortable with faster merc curses and faster zerking of stone skin boss, while killspeed is quite similar. I did tests with both G+G and G+B and didn't see some difference, in fact I was slightly faster with G+B for whatever reason. When I performed similar tests before, G+G was slightly faster... but, anyway. If you go with Beast, you are fine as well.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I've been super busy lately!

Thanks for all the results! I'll answer all of you personally, just a bit later.

It appears I won't be able to make it even one full set myself, what a shame :D I really wanted to, since with winning the first round I had high hopes taking the whole thing as well. Luckily the game is not over yet with one round left!

I will try my best to follow the same schedule as after the first round: signup for the last round opens tomorrow and the results from this round during the weekend, preferably by the Saturday, if I have all/most results.

GL for the remaining hours!

I get a DNF for this round. Only >7 hours total, as I focused time on XP for my 99ers.

The breakdown for the partial set: Thirty minutes with untwinked 99er Sorc, but lack of Infinity was kind of a deal breaker combined with minimal XP gains for p3 runs at level 96 (and risk of death). Then did ~ 4 hours with 2H eDeath Fanazealot, taking him from 76 to a smidge under (89-1) with some deaths mixed in. Then I went with my other Blizz sorc with Infinity merc for the rest.

No qualifiers, with highest rune a Lem, so I won't be submitting a score. :( Good luck to everyone still running. I look forward to seeing the Chams!

I finished my set on the final day, had to really push the last few days since I slacked off in the first week. Looking forward to the results and also the 3rd round!

Results sent. First set remained as the better one, didn't find the time to finish the second set, only got 15 hours in or so. Still happy I continued at Travincal, farmed some useful stuff. Now off to start the Cow planning and training!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High