2016 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

Yeah it's not bad. 3 minute run times would take you just under 62 hours to do the full level. Every 30 seconds you save on average run time will net about 10-11 hours of saved time (ie 2.5 min runs you spend 51 hours total).

Definitely doable for an MFO ;)

There needs to be a nihl category. And someone needs to revive my necro Sclumpus at lvl 97.7, since I now have beta CtA.

*tears*

For Baal runs, do drops from the minions count? Or is that considered WSK (level 85 area)?

Eligible finds

The following monsters are the only ones whose drops will be considered
in each category:

- Hell Baal: Baal and his 5 minion packs.
- Pindle+: The mentioned SuperUniques and their Minions, in the cases of Eldritch, Pindle and Sharptooth.
- Level 85 areas: The Mausoleum, The Pit, Maggot Lair lvl 3, Ancient Tunnels, Kurast Sewers lvl 2, Forgotten Temple, Ruined Fane, Disused Reliquary, River of Flame, Chaos Sanctuary (not including seal boss packs and Diablo), Worldstone Keep, Throne of Destruction (not including minion waves)

Drops from all other sources will not count. This includes Prowling Dead in Pindle's Garden, Chests in the Pits/Ancient Tunnels, etc.

:)

Baal is Baal himself and waves. See opening post.

And I have to correct myself ... apparantly I am training a bit for the MFO. Not that I'm already running Pindle. Like I said, I don't think there is a need to train that specific target. But in 30 minutes of CS runs I found a Griswold's Redemption, Dracul's Grasp and Levithian. Not bad. And very welcome after a long time of not getting anything at all.

Yeah did some test runs. Going to run Baal with Javazon. ~200MF atm. Need to check my run times. How many baal runs is 97-98 btw? p8 minions, p3 Baals. Not that it hard to check myself once I see my avg exp per run.

According to the data i once found on this forum at p8/3 the number of runs is:

90 - 91 -> 20 runs
91 - 92 -> 30 runs
92 - 93 -> 45 runs
93 - 94 -> 60 runs
94 - 95 -> 110 runs
95 - 96 -> 210 runs
96 - 97 -> 450 runs
97 - 98 -> 1100 runs
98 - 99 -> 3500 runs

Which brings it to a grand total of 5525 runs needed from 90 to 99.

Piece of cake. ;)

Accidentally posted to answer an already answered question. Dunno how to delete posts from my phone.

My count is 1051 p8/p3 Baal runs for 97-98, if it makes you feel any better. :)
Using 254091 exp. per run.

Yeah it's not bad. 3 minute run times would take you just under 62 hours to do the full level. Every 30 seconds you save on average run time will net about 10-11 hours of saved time (ie 2.5 min runs you spend 51 hours total).

Definitely doable for an MFO ;)

How do you do Baal in 3 min with javazon exactly ? the throne room itself is a piece of cake but getting there ? Is it implied to use enigma considering fcr is terrible on javazon I don't really understand how it could be done... Do you have an example of build that does this ?
i'd be really interested :D

:eek:
Arguably best java player on the world, mister Froz.

Enigma power indeed. It gets you there faster even if you don't teleport (and teleport is clearly faster), massive MF... that is the armor you want on pretty much anything but sorc or shapeshifter.

On switch you could have 35 fcr spirit, and with 25 fcr from Griffon's, that is already 60 fcr. That is enough to get to throne much much faster than on foot. 68 fcr breakpoint is next, that can be achieved either with amulet, or some ring or you can simply stay at 60.

Gear? Simple is 3 os Head Hunter's Glory with facets + Titan's, or some mpk gear or manasteal gear etc... Either 32 or 55 ias breakpoint, I've ran with both and see no difference.

Since you still seek that Griffon's, here is what you can do:
fcr Circlet
CtA/Spirit switch (for teleporting)
Titan's Revenge/some shield for killing switch
Enigma
Razortail Belt
Highlord's Amulet or some lifesteal/manasteal/fcr amulet, both work
LoH gloves
Ravenfrost
mpk or manasteal lifesteal or whatever you have ring
War Traveler

Put IAS into circlet to reach 35 bp without Highlord's or 55 with it.

Isn't tgod's better for a budget belt? I would have figured that if you're throwing into only a small bosspack that whatever level piercing % you can get from skills alone is probably worth it? Then you get some more dmg (iirc) and lite sorb which is of course very nice for baal runs. Or arach for fcr/skill?

Your logic would be fine if we would talk about p1 running where you melt everything in one blow. But p8 running is different on waves. It could feel like it is not, but it is.

Nothing beats Razortail cuz with it you have 100% piercing, and without it best you can possibly achieve is something like 90% if you pump it to max (meaning less points to synergies for fury) or like 80% with 7-8 points. With razortail you can have 100% pierce with 1-2 points into piercing and go crazy on synergies for max damage.

Why is pierce so important? Well cuz of how fury works. With say 80% pierce (what I tried also), difference between it and 100% is incredibly obvious. I mean, mathematically adding 20% extra pierce would increase damage output by 25%! Difference between 90% and 100% is 11% extra damage from pierce aspect, not counting the fact you went max piercing and lost some damage on synergies. I'm lazy to check how much though.

Long story short, Razortail at minimum offers 20% extra damage in comparison to what Thundergod can do, and damage is what javazon is all about.

:eek:
Arguably best java player on the world, mister Froz.

Enigma power indeed. It gets you there faster even if you don't teleport (and teleport is clearly faster), massive MF... that is the armor you want on pretty much anything but sorc or shapeshifter.

On switch you could have 35 fcr spirit, and with 25 fcr from Griffon's, that is already 60 fcr. That is enough to get to throne much much faster than on foot. 68 fcr breakpoint is next, that can be achieved either with amulet, or some ring or you can simply stay at 60.

Gear? Simple is 3 os Head Hunter's Glory with facets + Titan's, or some mpk gear or manasteal gear etc... Either 32 or 55 ias breakpoint, I've ran with both and see no difference.

Since you still seek that Griffon's, here is what you can do:
fcr Circlet
CtA/Spirit switch (for teleporting)
Titan's Revenge/some shield for killing switch
Enigma
Razortail Belt
Highlord's Amulet or some lifesteal/manasteal/fcr amulet, both work
LoH gloves
Ravenfrost
mpk or manasteal lifesteal or whatever you have ring
War Traveler

Put IAS into circlet to reach 35 bp without Highlord's or 55 with it.

Oh yeah this is really doable provided I find Jah and Ber this week :p

no but seriously it looks good and fun to play if I get tremendously lucky with runes this week I'll probably do this otherwise it's gonna be a job for my good ol' sorceress

Your logic would be fine if we would talk about p1 running where you melt everything in one blow. But p8 running is different on waves. It could feel like it is not, but it is.

Nothing beats Razortail cuz with it you have 100% piercing, and without it best you can possibly achieve is something like 90% if you pump it to max (meaning less points to synergies for fury) or like 80% with 7-8 points. With razortail you can have 100% pierce with 1-2 points into piercing and go crazy on synergies for max damage.

Why is pierce so important? Well cuz of how fury works. With say 80% pierce (what I tried also), difference between it and 100% is incredibly obvious. I mean, mathematically adding 20% extra pierce would increase damage output by 25%! Difference between 90% and 100% is 11% extra damage from pierce aspect, not counting the fact you went max piercing and lost some damage on synergies. I'm lazy to check how much though.

Long story short, Razortail at minimum offers 20% extra damage in comparison to what Thundergod can do, and damage is what javazon is all about.
I'm probably forgetting how long it takes to kill the waves on p8 :p

I figured most except the unique monster should die within a few throws, making the extra pierce relevant on only a fraction of the total throws. But I guess you switch to charged strike or whatever it's called for single target anyway

Without Enigma sorc is indeed best you can do ^^
Only enigmaless character that can possibly outperform sorc is barb at Pindle, provided he still has Grief and teleport charges (to use one per run). Other than that... sorc masterrace. But even with best possible equipment, difference between sorc and javazon is very small. From my testing, they are comparable at clearing waves, but javazon kills Baal faster. But, it should be like 5-10 second difference at most, nothing special. Also I think sorc can actually pack more MF.

I'm probably forgetting how long it takes to kill the waves on p8 :p

I figured most except the unique monster should die within a few throws, making the extra pierce relevant on only a fraction of the total throws. But I guess you switch to charged strike or whatever it's called for single target anyway

Difference is not big indeed, but still it is easy to notice. We talk about roughly saving ~10-15 seconds of running by using Razortail over anything else. Or at least it was something like that for me. Definitely not something to discourage people from trying Razortailless approach, but why not use best setup etc.

So just out of curiosity. In this video, clearing minions is so fast because each jav collision creates it's own set of spread out lightning ? If you position youself so that your jav will hit 4 mobs, you get a potential for ~2500 x 4 dmg per jav ? Is that about right ?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High