[2015] The Committed Tournament [by kestegs]

Dezrok said:
Marita has cleared Act 1 and moved on to Lut Gholein. DT is pretty powerful at this stage, with Light Plated Boots, a couple of cTopaz in the claws and a few poison charms. AR is just under 2K, which means we don't miss much. Normal attacks, with about 280 AR hit 95% of the time against most monsters, so I guess it is a bit of overkill.

Here we are going toe-to-toe with the big green Andy:

1608281636019.png

And Andy dropped good! My only S/U items for the Act.
1608281646253.png

The Umbral Disc has some very nice mods at this stage, and the +str on the Hsarus Shield will probably come in handy to get enough strength to equip Greaves when they become available. The Ring, Ring Mail, Hatchet Hands and Chain Gloves all have mods that make them worth keeping (if not equipping straight out). The Topaz feels a little wasted though.

Only rune for the Act was the Tal from Countess.

Marita the Martial Artist, Lvl 21, Normal Act 2, Lut Gholein

Azimuthus said:
So far progress: Act 2 Arcane (22 clvl). Will continue tomorrow. Act 1 8 ppl was quite easy, except 1 moment with elite children )). As for 2nd - I decided to switch to p1 because of upcoming no-tank battle with Duriel (lucky gambled +20 speed boots, should not be too hard I hope). Got 1 uniq (2nd act drop) - shadowfang 2h-sword, which is however not as good as triple-topazed crystal sword + triple-diamonded shield.

logoutzero said:
Time for the tombs... If I didn't want some runes, I'd be 100% tempted to skip them. /p3 means the exp isn't great, but I still want to complete them. I'm parked at the WP now, taking a short break after clearing AS.

Southpaw8668 said:
Azimuthus said:
That won't be too hard, I think. This build with current rules has a good potential to beat Hell Ancients (we'll put at least 30 / 30 points into fire & lightning, 20 into blade fury as physical attack. The weapon will be any most damagin 1-h wep I can find (if these calculations are correct, and I think they are, it is doable).
Wow that was an awesome read covering the BFsin, I too will have to try this one day soon.

Southpaw8668 said:
@Dezrok - pretty amazing drop from Andy with zero MF. :eek: Where's my random luck Blizzard?

Ema has found the staff in a rather interesting fight for sure. Makes sense Coldworm The Burrower is PI, since they all spit that stuff but it doesn't list that under his name. Suppose it's a hidden bonus for the big fella, like Andy's -50 FR. Regardless I was glad I found an El rune right before getting to his lair, so I could throw it in a crystal sword and make "Steel" for future really tough poison immunes. After throwing several Plague and Poison javelins at Coldworm with zero effect, I swapped out to my newly made sword and swung away gutting that fat worm in no time. Well I think I know what I will be using on Duriel after I research his poison immunity some.

1608281814632.png

1608281825075.png

Ema, Level 23, Act II

thefranklin said:
Azimuthus said:
That won't be too hard, I think. This build with current rules has a good potential to beat Hell Ancients (we'll put at least 30 / 30 points into fire & lightning, 20 into blade fury as physical attack. The weapon will be any most damagin 1-h wep I can find (if these calculations are correct, and I think they are, it is doable).
Awesome idea! This will be something to watch.

Dazliare said:
I'm so bad at this game. Deeds to an arach boss in the catacombs at lvl 19. Starting a new sorceress right now. I'm not used to having so little life with no mercenary at this stage in the game. Same build as Atronach.

jiansonz said:
Southpaw8668 said:
Makes sense Coldworm The Burrower is PI, since they all spit that stuff but it doesn't list that under his name. Suppose it's a hidden bonus for the big fella, like Andy's -50 FR.
Technically, I think it's done in the way that the game reduces the poison time to zero.

@Daz: That's right, get back up on the horse!
(yeah, a mercless Sorc with little life is tough...)

kestegs said:
Good to see a few more entries, but sorry to hear about the deeds!

Been making some good progress as of lately, but things really slowed sown toward the end of act 1. 1 point fissure and bolder are not so great eventually, but they do get the job done. Nothing was really dangerous, as I had almost 300 life by the time I got to Andy. Ghoul lords were very very hard, I got a boss pack that was Fire enchanted, I basically couldn't out damage their life regen so I had to take them down with my rare spiked club! I found a Hasauru's buckler in the catacombs, which is pretty nice really, with 10 str. So I could at least start wearing a 3 row belt! Andy was quite easy, even with just a 1 point fissure. just run around in a circle, trying to keep her on the coals. a couple healing pots and 3 mana pots and she was done. On to act 2, where I at least have a helper now!

Rhett, Elemental Druid + Pratham, level 21, Start act 2

kestegs said:
Okay, here you guys go at last! If I missed something I'll get it in you next update.

Code:
Table of Heroes:
Forum Name        Class                   Char Name  LVL  ACT  Area
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jiansonz          Summon Necromancer      Mago       28   A2   True tomb
logoutzero        Warcry Barbarian        Barry      23   A2   lost city
Southpaw8668      Javalein Amazon         Ema        23   A2   Far Oasis
Azimuthus         Trap Assasin            Fury       22   A2   Arcane
kestegs           Elemental Druid         Rhett      21   A2   Lut Gholein
Dezrok            Martial Assassin        Marita     21   A2   Lut Gholein
Southpaw8668      Summon Necromancer      Krelos     19   A2   Radament
Toa3t             Bow Amazon              Marnie     14   A1   Blood moor
jamesixgun        Bow Amazon              Fatema     11   A1   Cold plains
Collateral.Damage Combat Paladin          ???        10   A1   Stony field
GooberGrape       Shift Druid             Vilkas      7   A1   Cold plains
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Fallen (RIP):
Forum Name        Class                   Char Name  LVL  ACT  Area
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dazliare          Fire Sorc               Atronach   19   A1   Catacombs

Southpaw8668 said:
@kestegs - Thanks for posting the table and I'm so happy I'm not the first and only RIP on there this time out of the gates. Ema the Green Amazon is actually still in Far Oasis, not Tal Rasha's tombs yet. Also, I am running a summons Necromancer as well named Krelos with a cold Rogue and he's level 19 going to visit the Radament now. I think I'll play him some today.
@jiansonz - My mistake it is Queen Coldworm the Burrower. So sorry your Highness, it will never happen again! I searched all over and found nothing as you speak of, nor does it list her majesty as having any poison resistance, only cold and magic. Oh well, she is pretty easy to kill regardless with other types of damage.

kestegs said:
Southpaw8668 said:
@kestegs - Thanks for posting the table and I'm so happy I'm not the first and only RIP on there this time out of the gates. Ema the Green Amazon is actually still in Far Oasis, not Tal Rasha's tombs yet. Also, I am running a summons Necromancer as well named Krelos with a cold Rogue and he's level 19 going to visit the Radament now. I think I'll play him some today.
@jiansonz - My mistake it is Queen Coldworm the Burrower. So sorry your Highness, it will never happen again! I searched all over and found nothing as you speak of, nor does it list her majesty as having any poison resistance, only cold and magic. Oh well, she is pretty easy to kill regardless with other types of damage.
I kept trying to figure out why you had two character names in your updates as I was quickly scanning them, got it now!

Coldworm has 150% poison resists in Normal and NM, and 270% in hell, although I read somewhere else that she can't be poisoned even if you drop her resistance down. Although she can't be cursed, so I'm not sure how you would do that anyway.

Azimuthus said:
"Hello, my name is Natalya, nice to see an assasin here in Kurast. So you say you gonna do 8 ppl Mef? Well, that may work taking into account your almost maxed resists and moat trick. I would help you, but it seems I've stuck here for the last 15 years waiting for some stupid orders..."

So, Duriel was not that hard as I supposed - though - he was not easy as well. With 59 cold res he did like 1/4 HP blow. However, he completely ignored my merk and was running only after me all the time. Half-freeze affix as well as +20 speed helped a lot here. Civerb's cudgel 1-h 8-61 dam that fell in the last tomb was useful too. I think I could do him on pp4, but not sure that would be safe on 8. Anyway, act 3 is switched back to 8 ppl again. Current level = 24

I checked some old runewords and it seems further in the game we can make nice "cold wep damage" 1h item, which will be very useful. What is more, I did some tests and decided to max Blade Sentinel, not fury - simply because I wont have time to cast surikens on ancients - need smth more passive while still physical (and plus maybe cold). Fire damage will be quite low with traps, but here good speed and life/mana regen will help. Even if it will take 30 minutes or more, ancients can be done just by running away from them and throwing sentinels and traps when there is enough mana for that.

Right now here is what we've got: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HjGShbUpzQMISY02CKFEMGNuL0/edit#gid=957388890

Dazliare said:
Deeds again. Clearly sorceress early game is tougher than I anticipated. This time Rakanishu locked me in hit recovery. I'll not give up though! Things will become much easier once we reach the desert.

jiansonz said:
Duriel fight started off pretty well, although he quickly ate my three Iron Golems (I dropped semi-worthless axe and claw on the ground as we entered). I cast a few Blood Golems (the dangerous part of the lifelink is removed in the current patch) but that was almost of no use, as they died super fast and the casting took time from Mago's fighting. I found it best to just keep whacking with 'Steel' Flail, with damage backed by my nice Static Circlet of Venom. One of the mages suddenly decided it wanted to imitate my tanking. Stupid mage...
Two of the other mages eventually died to the Holy Freeze pulses, so once I quit the golem summoning, it was down to just me and Sparky:
Mago06%20Duriel%20carnage_zpsrsqip4lc.jpg

Thankfully, not much life left to take down, and I had plenty of saved up greater healers and big purples with me.

Recruited a fire mage and gave him a Stealth armor and a Circlet of the Magus.

Pretty easy progress through most of Act III. Not even Sszark could do much. Other than Mephisto, the only exciting fight was the start of Forgotten Temple:
Mago07%20tanking%20in%20temple_zpsorezfkqw.jpg

Mana Burn snake bosspack, regular beetles and two packs of regular bats. Mago tanks those two so his mages are left in peace. That's the way to be a general if the need arises. :)

Found a better necro head in one of the Causeway Temples, with +2 to Skeleton Mastery. I was surprised it could drop that late (I checked it out afterwards, items all the way up to ilvl 24 can get tier 1 staffmods).

Unwanted guests in the act boss fight:
Mago08%20Mephisto_zpslxtgamm5.jpg

The Meteors sure were annoying (I took enough damage as it was without them!) but I did not want to lose the nice shrine effect. Summoned golems took most of the melee hits from Meph and the cold necromage was great here.

I found Eye of Etlich somewhere late in this act. Nice find, haven't seen that one in a long time. It was slightly problematic the times I needed to build an army in Act IV, though. Apparently, the cold damage of the Eye chills for quite a long time (chill time also stacks with my cold damage charm, right?) so I would get some shattered corpses even if I did not hit them the last few seconds.

It was pretty smooth sailing most of the time, but it was easy to notice the bigger monster life and that the act is the Land of Fire Resistance. Leapers, Doom Knights, megademons, they all have high fire resist.
On the other hand, my usual arch enemies, the spawners, were simply owned, as were the maggots.

I found an Amn rune on the Plains. This changed my plans for the Diablo fight completely, and dropped the danger level immensely. More on that later.

"Uh guys, wrong elemental damage"
Mago09%20wrong%20element_zpsp5msfydi.jpg

Fire Golem is an amazing tank here in Normal against megademons. That pack couldn't do anything at all. The Infector + 4 minions did get him down to 1/4 life after several minutes, but they still couldn't kill him before we killed them. My army had been wiped out when I had to flee from them to break up at least half the pack. I only had a poison shooter but the stopped life regeneration it brought allowed Ajheed to slowly get the job done. Mago stepped in and smacked a minion or two when it looked safe to do so.

The plan for Diablo was very efficient, and really quite safe:
Mago10%20Diablo_zps3weukbxz.jpg

Level 15 Thorns returns 810% damage! That's almost double of what a level 20 Iron Golem can do, but an even bigger difference is that it allows damage returning from a recastable minion. That's huge. Spamming Iron Golems is time consuming (because it requires preparations). Of course, having a golem that's immune to two of Diablo's attacks isn't bad either. Fire Golem had about 950 life at this stage, and I had enough mana to cast three before needing a drink.

Merc and Mago (using a fast bow, and still wearing that Static Circlet of Venom) provided good added damage.

After this fight, I made a Lore helm from the Sol I found somewhere on the River.

Current skills:
Raise Skeleton 1+2 (only one point allowed)
Skeleton Mastery 17+7
Raise Skeletal Mage 6+2 (provides 4 magi - next point will go here and that will give me one more mage)
All golem skills 1+2
Golem Mastery 9+2
Summon Resist 1+2

Mago the Golemancing Lord of Mages and Ajheed the Fire Mage, level 35, Harrogath

(I think I'll move over and try to finish my skill-less Assassin so I don't pull too far ahead here. It's more fun when we have company.)

felixbavaria said:
kestegs said:
Okay, here you guys go at last! If I missed something I'll get it in you next update.
My assassin is missing.

Act I was played on /p8. No issues there, everything dropped fast. CoS + ranged merc = win. Gave her a 3 chipped topaz Long Bow, which does great damage. Countess dropped only 1 rune, which was a Ral.

Killed Andy with 0% MF and guess what she drops. Please let it be a Manald Heal ... No, a 28% Nagelring.

1608282298361.png

Elexa did not die in the Andariel fight, although she did need a couple of antidotes and healing potions.

Went on to the desert, cleared the first floor of the Sewers and got owned by Windows Update (game was running overnight but the PC was not in hibernate mode). Apparently all progress in Act 2 had been lost, so I just cleared everything again. Radament was easily defeated, he decided to poison the Shadow while Elexa was sniping him.

I focused my gear on GF (currently at 250%). It's funny to see 4-digit gold piles drop from Champions in Act I Normal.

Cisa, level 21 Dual Claw Shadowsin, Lut Gholein

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High