2015 Summer MFO Sign-Up and Running Thread

And now you did it again. :p

C'mon people send those updates. The suspense is killing me!

Oh and I just saw Thyiad's message here. Ok so one less update missing.

@Thyiad Does your family have a sixth sense? Something that makes them aware of when you are playing D2? Hope you get some runs done over the weekend too. Go team! And to quote your own sig: You can do it! :)
They're getting worse. Well, he's getting older. Hospital appointments coming up 14th, 22nd and 23rd, meeting about closing his home 17th. In addition to the hospital appointment on Wednesday and the one the week before that. Plus random phone calls saying "he doesn't know where he is". Oh and trying to get a bottle from a doctor surgery who gave out the wrong one TWICE. And ...

I had hoped to at least get a few days in peace. I'm really sorry.

So Cyrax found a big fish and wants to know how far ahead he is. How predictable. Gripphondamus few pages ago.

No sweat, i understand family trouble comes first. Perhaps i should hire a hitman to get rid of any family you have before the next MFO? ;)

I was excited about first update too...and came in 3rd. So that really doesn't say much. :p (perhaps i shouldn't tell i found 4 Tyrael's since sending update because that would de-motivate you even more)

Only thing that can demotivate me are my own drops. I have plan to fulfill every day and I follow it no matter anything else. I can eventually run even more if needed ^^

Also I really doubt standings will be posted for this second update. MFO is too close to the end and some players are probably at a point where they can hardly hope for an upgrade (14+ pointers are no easy to find). And then someone finds out he is not winning and is not finding any upgrade on his score till the end. He immediately knows how will he end, or even worse, he might get demotivated and stop running.

Let us have more exciting finish where we won't know who will win until final results are posted. People would run and would hope they can end as high as they can. So second update = Nulio tells us how things are going, trolls a little bit without mentioning names nor standings. Something similar to what he did before first standings were posted.

It is Nulio's call, but i gave my opinion on the matter.

Not bad Grip, not bad. That's just your evil plan to not reveal your lead and let us run as much as we can to upgrade some items for you to pick after winning the whole thing ;)

Seriously, not even bad idea. But I think I'd still run some even if I found out that many of you were ahead of me, so i'm totally fine with showing the update.

Personally i have a different view. I hope that's acceptable. ;)

First of all we're not THAT near the end of the MFO. Since last update we've had 4 days which sounds like a lot compared to the 3 that's left. But keep in mind that those were workdays. For most people that means only playing some in the evening if they´re lucky. With the weekend in general people will have more time to run.

Secondly, there's a ranking, but no points are shown. Difference between first 5 contestants could be 1 point and we wouldn't even know it.

Thirdly, without the updates it doesn't really feel like a competition to me. And everyone signing up knows this IS a competition, even if some are more fanatic then others. Without it you're really playing against yourself. Knowing that at some point 10 days down the line there's a ranking is way too far away to keep motivated if that's your only motivation.

Which brings me to point 4. Even with updates it's (for me) mostly a race against myself. If i'm running on a track and i can see someone ahead of me i can focus on that and try to close in. Here there's no visible 'enemy' to take down. So even with the updates, in between you're running versus your own current score however high or low that is. For all i know you turned in a crappy score with nulio and found 3 high qualifiers in the 5 minutes after that. Current score is fun to see / compare, but means very little.

And lastly if there's any need for motivation: Tyrael's can drop in your first run, it can drop in your last. It however cannot drop if you stop running. That's the only way you know you're gonna lose (whether you consider losing ending up first, not finishing last or just improving your own score).

Hmm, the fact that this is a top 5 is a total coincidence. :D Having said all that, if more people feel the way you do, i won't press the matter and 'just' win in the end. :p

(14+ pointers are no easy to find).

I remember in older times that someone was sighing about how hard it was to get anything above 9,3 (IIRC Fabian). I guess times are changing. At least now we know where you stand scorewise. :p

No update from saluki but I'll comment what I got.

A85:
#1 #2 - A really tight race for first place with two players leading with amazing scores!
#3 #4 #5 - Another three follow them, making it also interesting to see who will complete the top3. And at least two players of these group are not that far from the leading two and with amazing drops they can catch them easily!
#6 #7 #8 - Then another group of three players fighting for 6th to 8th place, and any of them still has a chance to join the middle group. Or even the first group if D2 favors them greatly!
#9 #10 - The remaining two are out of the race unless a miracle happens.
#11 - I don't know if srrw has had time to run and find stuff.

Pindle:
#1 #2 - These two are really close.
#3 - Follows them and is not that far behind.
#4 #5 - Another close couple. These have around the same distance to #3 that it has from the first two.
#6 #7- Not running or without qualifiers.

The A85 group is being really exciting! The Pindle group needs more finds people!

Updated Team standings:

1. Happy Accidents (LiquidClear and Zylo)
2. PvP N00bz (Maxicek and Gripphon)
3. The Wrath of Grapes (GooberGrape and Grape) (up 2)
4. The the's (TheNix and thefranklin) (down 1)
5. FashionablyLate (Cyrax and Thyiad) (down 1)

After that update I won't post standings for sure. One knowing his/her own score and in which group he/she is, I'd say it's easy-ish to extrapolate a pair of scenarios with scores for every position.

Personally i have a different view. I hope that's acceptable. ;)

I remember in older times that someone was sighing about how hard it was to get anything above 9,3 (IIRC Fabian). I guess times are changing. At least now we know where you stand scorewise. :p

Ofc its acceptable.

9.3+ pointers are hardish to get only for those players who hardly play. I mean, most of the players do get like 10-15 haulpic items in the end, even without investing tons of playing time.

Scorewise, I'm too fanatic player to allow myself to have anything lower than 10 pointer in my top 5. Naturally on those items I seek upgrade which follows on 11 pointers (too low upgrade to consider it a real upgrade) and 14+ pointer which do offer ok upgrade of score instead of 10 pointer. And at this point, players competing for top spot are 99% full with 10+ pointers in top 5.

Heh, it seems Nulio is amusing himself, while we bleed for his amusement. I guess I'll increase my playing through weekend and hope for the best. I just hope those two are not THAT far ahead. Long live the optimism!

9.3+ pointers are hardish to get only for those players who hardly play. I mean, most of the players do get like 10-15 haulpic items in the end, even without investing tons of playing time.

Scorewise, I'm too fanatic player to allow myself to have anything lower than 10 pointer in my top 5. Naturally on those items I seek upgrade which follows on 11 pointers (too low upgrade to consider it a real upgrade) and 14+ pointer which do offer ok upgrade of score instead of 10 pointer. And at this point, players competing for top spot are 99% full with 10+ pointers in top 5.

The thing that shocks me most about this statement is that you consider items worth less than 30 points acceptable for your personal top 5. :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High