sequana              Jasmine               86+       6            Y
DX                   Mr_Fluffy             76        6            Y
Nazdakka             Truckle               87        6            Y      
Darkoooo             N/A                   N/A       6            Y
Naab                 Al                    1         6            Y
Naab                 Naabster              89        6            Y
Zarfen               Undecided             ??        0            N

9 players so far, were almost kosker.

In case readers missed them, some changes earlier were made in the rules a few days ago (highlighted in orange):
  • Re-entering to remidiate Charge/Leap Bug is allowed.
  • Muling on additional items onto your character from another character or ATMA stash between rounds is not allowed.
  • Pre-1.11 items are allowed.
  • Characters that use poison as their main attack have no limit on poison damage.
  • Widowmaker is banned for non-amazons.
  • Holy Bolt is banned.
  • Feral Rage FRW bonus is not included in the 110 FRW limit.
  • Class bonus point will be added at the end of the tournament, for calculation purposes.

After some deliberations with others, guess what, more additions/changes! I’ll have Cat make the new updates:
  • Fist of the Heaven Paladins will be moved up to Level A.
  • Hybrids will have their class bonus averaged. For example WW/Trap will have 0+25/2=12.5 point bonus.
  • Along with Feral Rage, Frenzy FRW bonus will not be included in the 110 FRW limit.

Code:
Forum Name           Character Name        Level     Pgems Paid   Gotten
KV                   Embryo                1         6            Y
Smilts               Tas                   1         6            Y
smilts               Steel                 1         6            Y
Silospen             Ungodly_Martyr        96        6            Y
Silospen             ThePerfectJava        98        6            Y
sequana              Broucek               91        6            Y
aitrus               void                  37        0            N

Joining :evil:

smilts said:
I see that boneprison is banned but what about bone wall?
Bone Wall is allowed.

Code:
Zhao                 Mayfair               92        6            Y
Zhao                 Neo_Grom              90        6            Y

As promised, no Faithazons or Teir A characters. :azn:

I didn't think the table was untidy enough yet, so here's my attempt to make a sows ear of it.

Code:
Thyiad           Yes                1           6        N

I should point out, I haven't read the rules yet because I'm waiting for everyone to complain about them and have them changed six times. Or does that only happen when *I* host? :scratch:

And on that note if you enter two characters and you get the bottom position with one and win with the other, do you *still* have to change your 'tar? Hardly and incentive to enter a couple of characters is it?

Oh I might be moving so I don't want to get whined at if I disappear half way through. 👅 If it's a problem tell me now and I'll withdraw. I really hate people who start a tourney and then bail.

And where are all the newbies? Come on this is GM. You have a chance!

I would loved to have joined this tourney but have way to much on to play much at all at the moment.. :cry:
Probably would have wanted to try a wolfbarb which is currently at lvl 0 (i think it would take me a good few months to level him up though anyway :undecided:)
Ill be barracking for the underdogs 😁

People are not complaining for rule changes because I'm doing the self-inflicted damage to myself. And besides, CRG has be eerily absent resently, so there goes 3/4 of total nagging right there! 😁

If you get 1 winner and 1 not-winner, your avatar can be bi-polar and you get a 50/50 one. I'd like to see that though. :scratch:

Code:
Thyiad               Yes                   1         6            N
Jingizu              Undecided             -         0            n

Added myself, first PvP tournament for me 😃

I am building a certain build right now, and after I finish it, I will try if it's viable, otherwise, I have several other PvP chars ready for use. That is the reason why I am "undecided" yet.

Thyiad said:
I should point out, I haven't read the rules yet because I'm waiting for everyone to complain about them and have them changed six times. Or does that only happen when *I* host? :scratch:

And on that note if you enter two characters and you get the bottom position with one and win with the other, do you *still* have to change your 'tar? Hardly and incentive to enter a couple of characters is it?

Oh I might be moving so I don't want to get whined at if I disappear half way through. 👅 If it's a problem tell me now and I'll withdraw. I really hate people who start a tourney and then bail.

And where are all the newbies? Come on this is GM. You have a chance!
You want rules comments? I've got some then 👅. I'm a newbie to this, so I'm aware that there could be discussions I've missed.

Why allow items from other versions? GM is supposed to lower the wealth gap by getting rid of the Enigmas, but allowing 1.08 Valours, beta CtAs, and the like seem to fly in the face of that. If you want to be accessible, you've got to make sure newbies aren't at too much of a competative disadvantage.

Also, a more general thought in a similar vein: Is there any point in allowing CtA in GM? It's expensive, and the only reasons for not using it on every character that I know of are 1) you're a Barb and 2) you're don't own one. In BM, sure - it's a kinda 'anything goes' style ruleset anyway. But GM? Why not make dualling more accessible for everyone by simply banning the thing in GM rules? The more experienced players should be able to beat the newbies anyway on skill, without having the extra advantage of starting the duel with twice as much life.

Nazdakka said:
You want rules comments? I've got some then 👅. I'm a newbie to this, so I'm aware that there could be discussions I've missed.

Why allow items from other versions? GM is supposed to lower the wealth gap by getting rid of the Enigmas, but allowing 1.08 Valours, beta CtAs, and the like seem to fly in the face of that. If you want to be accessible, you've got to make sure newbies aren't at too much of a competative disadvantage.

Also, a more general thought in a similar vein: Is there any point in allowing CtA in GM? It's expensive, and the only reasons for not using it on every character that I know of are 1) you're a Barb and 2) you're don't own one. In BM, sure - it's a kinda 'anything goes' style ruleset anyway. But GM? Why not make dualling more accessible for everyone by simply banning the thing in GM rules? The more experienced players should be able to beat the newbies anyway on skill, without having the extra advantage of starting the duel with twice as much life.
I agree. 👍

Nazdakka said:

Agree #2 👍

Corrupted said:
This is from the person who thought that skill frw is 3x item frw? Until you actually duel instead of talking about it, I'll pat you on the head and queitly send you on your way. 👅
You want rules comments? I've got some then . I'm a newbie to this, so I'm aware that there could be discussions I've missed.

These are GM rules modified specifially for this tournament. I've never heard of GM rules supposed to be doing anything but be a set of guidelines. This tournament is for everyone, so I cater to all groups.

I considered banning Grief because of it's overpoweredness on Smiters and WW Barbs. But people have complained loudly in the past of taking away their runewords. What about people that can't find any skillers? Or don't have the time to level above 90? Have to have some balance.

I started off in dueling with very bad gear and no skillers but still did well. Winning is not all items but is also a combination of build choice, skill and luck. I've know people with some very good gear setups but still couldn't duel at all.

For simplicity sake, don't consider these rules GM but ZM (Zhao Manners(TM)). 😁

I carefully plan out and consider all of my builds and characters. So, for instance, I may not have pumped vit as much as I should have done, because I know I have my CTA. Now, if the rules change and I don't have a CTA, I don't not have an advantage, I have a disadvantage, because great, I can block. But I don't have the life I expected to have.

Lets ban grief/BoTD/x runeword because it's too powerful. Wait. Isn't the point of PVP to be pit against something harder than an AI powered monster that stays still and has no chance?

Another matter is that of balance. If I didn't have a CTA, Zhao's faithzon could probably wtfpwn me from 100 yards, before I get vaguely within melee range of him. By banning certain powerful things and allowing others, we suddenly go back to 1.09 where everyone had a GA zon and stood in the corner spamming it.

Personally, I feel that the people complaining should buck their ideas up and play some actual PVP. You guys might start to realise it's more than just skills and items.

@Nazdakka: I partially agree with you, but ....

Isn’t it also an excuse?:hide:

I started with PvP here on this May. I didn’t care about Enigmas or something, I wanted to play. For the first time I was terribly beaten, for the second time as well, for the third time still the same....but that’s not reason to complain, it didn’t discourage me. Only thing what everyone needs is practise. IMHO if you are new, no enigmas or beta CtA helps you, you probably will be beaten. Of course, it is a handicap if you don’t have great gear, but it isn’t crucial.

I must admit that I’ve always prefered BM dueling. I don’t know why, maybe because it’s a bigger challenge regardless it’s disadvantage for me. Also I did maximum to gain Grief recently, the most valuable item I’ve got, and I really want to play with it. What shall I do then, I’m newbie with Grief. (and I started with 1.07 for Arkaine’s Valor, beware)😁

And also there are several very cheap and effective characters.

And remember, at the first place FUN!

Here's another example from the last practice duels I just had.

My Zon (doing 1 - 10K CS damage) vs Druid - Druid died with great ease.
My Zon vs WW barb - Couldn't scratch the surface without great difficulty. To get into melee range is to get sliced up.
WW barb vs Druid - Pretty well matched. They both won/lost some.

It's not all about the items. No matter what more I pile onto my CS zon, she will not be able to easily defeat a WW barb. Same with the druid vs my zon.

It's unfair banning those high end runewords for the people who spent 1000 hours to find them. CtA is not that hard to make, all you have to do is dedicate your time to finding the runes, and if some people can't do that, well no CtA for you.

I think the rules are fine as they are. I dont mind if we ban beta RW's and pre 1.10+ items though, but im not going to cry if someone is joining with a 1.07 Valor though, It just sucks for him to have to lose to my puny 1.11 items 😁

Klæmint Vágadal said:
It's unfair banning those high end runewords for the people who spent 1000 hours to find them. CtA is not that hard to make, all you have to do is dedicate your time to finding the runes, and if some people can't do that, well no CtA for you.
Funny enough, the people who get those runewords SOLELY for pvp cut the corners with hf-rushing ;)

I believe it's more of a balance issue than anything else.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High