2 weeks too late - Item Find Thread April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first infinity was made in an eth scythe which was wielded by a cb sorc #noregrets

Definitely a fun runeword, pick those runes up quick!

EDIT:

This game seriously hates me. So that sorc I posted about has been single-passing, though not necessarily full-clearing nightmare, and this drops off of Eldritch. Are you kidding me? This should have dropped for my throwbarb at this point in his quest!View attachment 9476
And I found my first and so far only griffon's eye on my throwbarb (-19% elr, at that), so I'm sure my sorc will never find that... And my throwbarb also found my only two dfathoms (one with 30% cold skill damage), so fat chance of going full cold on this one either. Suffice to say I will never get the right gear on the right characters. And I'm sure I'll find Warshrikes and Lacerators on my sorc before they ever drop on my barb, if ever.
[/rant]

Last edited:
Found my first unique on my 1.06 playthrough! Hammerdin, I'm taking the easy route for my first truly classic character.

I haven't found too many wacky pre-lod items yet, weirdest item yet was some +16 str boots :p

hxDxjLD.jpg

Last edited:
My first infinity was made in an eth scythe which was wielded by a cb sorc #noregrets

Definitely a fun runeword, pick those runes up quick!

EDIT:

This game seriously hates me. So that sorc I posted about has been single-passing, though not necessarily full-clearing nightmare, and this drops off of Eldritch. Are you kidding me? This should have dropped for my throwbarb at this point in his quest!View attachment 9476
And I found my first and so far only griffon's eye on my throwbarb (-19% elr, at that), so I'm sure my sorc will never find that... And my throwbarb also found my only two dfathoms (one with 30% cold skill damage), so fat chance of going full cold on this one either. Suffice to say I will never get the right gear on the right characters. And I'm sure I'll find Warshrikes and Lacerators on my sorc before they ever drop on my barb, if ever.
[/rant]

Just to be sure you know there is a muling program which allows you to use those items on other characters right? and it is a FAM mod (forum accepted mod)

Just to be sure you know there is a muling program which allows you to use those items on other characters right? and it is a FAM mod (forum accepted mod)
Actually as a minor correction, use of ATMA and GoMule is considered Vanilla.

Of course, but I've recently (past couple of years) have found that I highly prefer untwinked play to gear-sharing. It' s just more rewarding/satisfying, at least for the day-to-day. I keep most of the of the good items I find in gomule for posterity. And you can't be shooting for untwinked 99ers if you twink them

EDIT:

Actually found on my Throwbarb, all the right mods, not all the right values D:
Code:
Beast Branch
Throwing Spear
Throw Damage: 22 - 103
One Hand Damage: 9 - 75
Quantity: 54
Required Level: 43
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0x1c1a310c
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
5% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
87% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Maximum Damage
+46 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+115 to Attack Rating
+1534 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
9% Life stolen per hit

Last edited:
I moved from the Pits to visit Pindleskin a few more times before the third round of RFL kicks in.

Assassin with 686% MF, merc with 204% MF

Got Eth lacerator second run with her! I guess I have to revist my double throw barb and finally make that Throwadin

View attachment 9529

I moved from the Pits to visit Pindleskin a few more times before the third round of RFL kicks in.

Assassin with 686% MF, merc with 204% MF

Got Eth lacerator second run with her! I guess I have to revist my double throw barb and finally make that Throwadin

View attachment 9529
Eth is cool, but on a double throw barb, you're going to run out in seconds and have to wait on repairs.

If it gets nice ED% it be a great primary weapon for an axe frenzy barb! I could see it even working well for a frenzy/dblthrow hybrid if you found a ridiculous cruel/fools winged axe for your off-hand.

If it gets nice ED% it be a great primary weapon for an axe frenzy barb! I could see it even working well for a frenzy/dblthrow hybrid if you found a ridiculous cruel/fools winged axe for your off-hand.

If I remember correctly, it has to be thrown for the replenish mod to kick in? Quantity lost as durability in melee does not trigger it. I think I did some tests a while ago with Ghost Glavies.

I guess I need another pair of Eth if I wanna use them fluently as main weapons for a double thrower

I got another pair, non-eth though like 20 min later when I did some pit runs with my berserker barb.

I'm sure that a replenishing item can permanently lose one of its maximum stack in melee, i.e. Titan's will replenish to just 139 of 140. It's probably like that with any thrown weapon and it happens to nonethereal items as well, although Charsi can fix them in that case.

There was a discussion about that a few weeks ago and IIRC, the result was that replenishing weapons only lose one of their max stack if the complete durability (which is 4 per ceremonial javelin IIRC) gets used up before replenishing takes effect, so it will happen sooner or later in melee - although it will take a long time before the complete stack is used up.

Found a quote from @krischan from 2005! :0
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/why-do-people-want-an-eth-lacerator.326317/

Looks like you're right, but I'm having a hard time understanding what he means by "...lose one of their max stack if the complete durability gets used up before replenishing takes effect".

Found a quote from @krischan from 2005! :0

Looks like you're right, but I'm having a hard time understanding what he means by "...lose one of their max stack if the complete durability gets used up before replenishing takes effect".

If you melee down the weapons stack to 0 before you throw if and thus "activate" replenish mod, weapon lose one max stack quantity?

That's what I was thinking, and I was also thinking that there's no way you'd use up an entire stack even if you were using frenzy or zeal, right? Unless the "4 per ceremonial javelin" means that each javelin equals 4 individual hits?

If melee takes up one 'durability', which for throwing weapons is 'stack size', before the replenish mod (Replenishes Quantity [1 in 3 or 4 sec.] kicks in, then you lose one max stack. At least that is how I understand it. So if it would have been a melee weapon, if the period it would have taken to wear down one durability is smaller than the time it takes to replenish the throwing weapon (3 or 4 seconds), then the weapon looses one max stack.

Ok, my explanation is clear for me. But probably not for anyone else ...

If melee takes up one 'durability', which for throwing weapons is 'stack size', before the replenish mod (Replenishes Quantity [1 in 3 or 4 sec.] kicks in, then you lose one max stack. At least that is how I understand it. So if it would have been a melee weapon, if the period it would have taken to wear down one durability is smaller than the time it takes to replenish the throwing weapon (3 or 4 seconds), then the weapon looses one max stack.

Ok, my explanation is clear for me. But probably not for anyone else ...

I think I understand now ;)

Replenishes Quantity [1 in 3 or 4 sec.]
The replenish affixes on rares and magical javelins occur once every 10 or 20 seconds, depending on the kind of affix, so it might happen from time to time. Titan's replenishes once every 3 seconds, so it's extremely unlikely to occur, even when using jab or so.

The replenish affixes on rares and magical javelins occur once every 10 or 20 seconds, depending on the kind of affix, so it might happen from time to time. Titan's replenishes once every 3 seconds, so it's extremely unlikely to occur, even when using jab or so.

Yes, I meant uniques. In the case of Lacerator, which is what started this, it's 1 in 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High