Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

RIP Shockingly! I'll get your paladin rolled up @Vang.

Forever Skills
Redemption
Holy Freeze
Smite

Normal Skills
Fist of the Heavens
Conversion
Resist Fire
Resist Cold
Zeal

Armor
Helm
Light Armor
Kite Shield
Crown Shield
Leather Gloves
Light Plated Boots
Light Belt

Weapons
War Scepter
Throwing Knife
Balanced Knife

Rerolls?

Last edited:
@Vildecor Got to make it super difficult on what to lock. Well now, I got choices:

Let us have a reroll on Balanced Knife, Leather gloves, and Smite.

Last edited:
@Vildecor Got to make it super difficult on what to lock. Well now, I got choices:

Let us have a reroll on Balanced Knife, Leather gloves, and Smite.
Leather Gloves? Dear Lord, don't you want to have early MF gloves? 😱

Good luck with your Paladin and sorry about your deeds earlier!

You (and others) really progress at a fast pace! I'm only in the Far Oasis still... Will post some update later.

Sidenote: not only should you keep track on level requirements for your equipment, but STR and DEX too: I had it all planned out, enough STR and DEX for every weapon, look up all level req for gambling my base items... Got me two Long Battle Bows ASAP, and then, finally my first (Plated) Belt! Yay, more than 1 row of pots!... Not... Forgot about the STR req of 60...🙈 now I have to wait for another 3 levels...

Reactions: CaseyJones
Sidenote: not only should you keep track on level requirements for your equipment, but STR and DEX too: I had it all planned out, enough STR and DEX for every weapon, look up all level req for gambling my base items... Got me two Long Battle Bows ASAP, and then, finally my first (Plated) Belt! Yay, more than 1 row of pots!... Not... Forgot about the STR req of 60...🙈 now I have to wait for another 3 levels...

I did look up the stats for my normal eq. So I nicely have my 60 str. Just still no plated belt so we're in one row of potion duldrums together....for now anyway ;)

I did look up the stats for my normal eq. So I nicely have my 60 str. Just still no plated belt so we're in one row of potion duldrums together....for now anyway ;)
Well, if you're still level 20, then we both need 3 levels: You to reach level 23 (then they start being available via gambling) and me to reach level 26 to get an additional 15 stat points...Also, only two levels till I can gamble throwing Spears (y)

@Vang: Locking Resist Cold for a fully synergized HF Zealot looks tempting...although you'd need Zeal for that build, too...I'm curious how your Paladin will shape out!

Witgat is on his way, and hopefully he gets farther than Cuckoo. So far, he is playing just as Cuckoo did, with ravens and arctic blast skills.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     19     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     15     Black Marsh             0
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     10     Jail 1                  1
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         3

Balanced Knife -> Balanced Knife
Leather Gloves -> Light Gauntlets
Smite -> Defiance

Forever Skills
Redemption
Holy Freeze
Smite -> Defiance

Normal Skills
Fist of the Heavens
Conversion
Resist Fire
Resist Cold
Zeal

Armor
Helm
Light Armor
Kite Shield
Crown Shield
Light Plated Boots
Light Belt

Weapons
War Scepter
Throwing Knife
Balanced Knife

@Vildecor Well now..was hoping for a cool Axe on the reroll, but fates deemed me to knives. I'll follow @Grisu recommendation as well and lock Cold Resist for a Synergized Holy Freeze while I toss pointy things at demons, undead, and beast heads!

Reactions: Pb_pal
Unfortunately, it looks like b1ur and Pb_pal ate up all my randomizer's luck. For some reason, it kept wanting to give you skills from the Defensive Aura tree! Good luck with the paladin!

Updated for reference:
Forever Skills
Redemption
Holy Freeze
Smite -> Defiance
Resist Cold (locked from Normal Skills)

Normal Skills
Fist of the Heavens
Conversion
Resist Fire
Zeal

Armor
Helm
Light Armor
Kite Shield
Crown Shield
Light Plated Boots
Light Belt

Weapons
War Scepter
Throwing Knife
Balanced Knife

Reactions: Vang and Pb_pal
Unfortunately, it looks like b1ur and Pb_pal ate up all my randomizer's luck. For some reason, it kept wanting to give you skills from the Defensive Aura tree! Good luck with the paladin!

Updated for reference:
Forever Skills
Redemption
Holy Freeze
Smite -> Defiance
Resist Cold (locked from Normal Skills)

Normal Skills
Fist of the Heavens
Conversion
Resist Fire
Zeal

Armor
Helm
Light Armor
Kite Shield
Crown Shield
Light Plated Boots
Light Belt

Weapons
War Scepter
Throwing Knife
Balanced Knife

Then maybe I shouldn't have died :)

Reactions: Vildecor
Bludgeon oh my. What a name for a guy using Throwing Knives and a Circle of Cold death to vanquish foes! Started out quite well utilizing starter weapon until the late teens. I was helped along greatly by
Screenshot008.jpgScreenshot007.jpgScreenshot008.jpg
The one in Cold Plains actually had 3 Experience shrines back to back, which was rather nifty. Finally after utilzing the cold resist aura to maximum usage I hit level 18. At this point I was a cold knife throwing undead killing machine per say.
Screenshot013.jpg

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     19     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     15     Black Marsh             0
     Vang               Bludgeon            Pal     19     Lut Gholein             3
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     10     Jail 1                  1
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         3

Last edited:
Alright, I am in! Can someone please roll me a char?

*fingers crossed*
Yessss!
I'm at it!

queenEm's random sorceress:

Character roll: 6

Forever skills:
3-5 Fireball
3-5/3-5/1-7 Blizzard
1-6 Glacial Spike

Normal Skills:
2-5 Lightning
2-6 Chain Lightning
2-2 Static Field
3-4 Blaze
2-1 Charged Bolt

Armor:
2 Medium Armor
4 Full Helm
1 Buckler
4 Light Gauntlets
4 Light Plated Boots
1 Sash

Weapons:
1 Eagle Orb
1/1/1/1/1/2 Sacred Globe (random.org not so random? ;-)

1 Short Staff
5 War Staff

Looks like a Blizzard sorc. Any reroll?

Last edited:
I have a rules question due to a fittingly unlikely occurrence: when I went down to Sewers 3 to fight Radament and clear the quest, I found the golden chest...but no Radament! I scoured the entire Sewers 3 map looking for him, then checked it all a second time, but the big mummy never spawned on my map. Since killing Radament is necessary to clear the quest and get the Book of Skill, I'm currently stuck with neither, and under single-pass rules I can't go back down to Sewers 2/3 to look again.

Would it be acceptably single-pass if I continued on in Act 2, then rolled a new map and fought Radament on p1 after killing Baal? I'd like to clear the quest and get the skill point, but I'd like to do so in a way that minimizes experience/item gains from doing the Sewers twice.

Yessss!
I'm at it!

queenEm's random sorceress:

Character roll: 6

Forever skills:
3-5 Fireball
3-5/3-5/1-7 Blizzard
1-6 Glacial Spike

Normal Skills:
2-5 Lightning
2-6 Chain Lightning
2-2 Static Field
3-4 Blaze
2-1 Charged Bolt

Armor:
2 Medium Armor
4 Full Helm
1 Buckler
4 Light Gauntlets
4 Light Plated Boots
1 Sash

Weapons:
1 Eagle Orb
1/1/1/1/1/2 Sacred Globe (random.org not so random? ;-)

1 Short Staff
5 War Staff

Looks like a Blizzard sorc. Any reroll?
No, I'm good, a blizz-baller!! Could be worse, thanks Grisu 😀

@queenEm: You can reroll equipment, too - you probably know that, but just as a reminder :)

Also: do you want to lock a skill as a forever skill? (I probably wouldn't - I'd try to get maybe Fire Mastery or Meteor or something like that in NM).

Good luck and have fun!

Yeah, thanks. I'll try to get by with this and see what I get in NM.

Here we go

No @Grisu , I would like a reroll on the Forever skill Glacial spike and all of the normal skills. I could perhaps get teleport and warmth...

And a reroll for the equipment for gloves and boots.

• Haha
Reactions: Vang
I have a rules question due to a fittingly unlikely occurrence: when I went down to Sewers 3 to fight Radament and clear the quest, I found the golden chest...but no Radament! I scoured the entire Sewers 3 map looking for him, then checked it all a second time, but the big mummy never spawned on my map. Since killing Radament is necessary to clear the quest and get the Book of Skill, I'm currently stuck with neither, and under single-pass rules I can't go back down to Sewers 2/3 to look again.

Would it be acceptably single-pass if I continued on in Act 2, then rolled a new map and fought Radament on p1 after killing Baal? I'd like to clear the quest and get the skill point, but I'd like to do so in a way that minimizes experience/item gains from doing the Sewers twice.

I would say if it is a bug, then redo the area to get the book. (I believe the normal idea is to not collect the loot though, which is easily done if just set to /p1)

Reactions: DariusTriplet

I've had that happen once and thought I was crazy. Like Vang said, you can probably just go ahead and reroll your map (through TCP/IP) just to get the quest done no problem.

@queenEm: Can't reroll the normal/NM/Hell difficulty skills, unfortunately. Also only 1 armor and 1 weapon reroll. For your forever skill:
Glacial Spike -> Frost Nova

Reactions: DariusTriplet
I apologize @queenEm I thought you were just joking with your post.

Vildecor got you covered on the skill though, let us know which armor and/or weapon slot to reroll.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High