A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sur rune, 5/5 die light facet, tal amu/armor, some great twink jewels, and a few semi-useful skillers from CS. Watching the kid while the GF is out isn't so bad when you have beer, metal and D2 ;)

You know, I see lots of posts about CS, and it seems like a great place for generally everything. I have a rift sin who does it pretty well, but what build do you run it with?

Hammerdin. Able to run it at p8, and many runes/charms/jewels drop from collateral damage to normal mobs. Running it at p8 is of course mostly for the exp, but slapping on gheeds and war traveler in addition to already wearing enigma and harley makes for decent MFing.

Sur rune, 5/5 die light facet, tal amu/armor, some great twink jewels, and a few semi-useful skillers from CS. Watching the kid while the GF is out isn't so bad when you have beer, metal and D2 ;)

Can you combine these things? When I play its standard while the kid is already asleep or early morning before everyone is awake. Having said that, my 2,5 y/o kid is quite attention demanding :).

Hammerdin. Able to run it at p8, and many runes/charms/jewels drop from collateral damage to normal mobs. Running it at p8 is of course mostly for the exp, but slapping on gheeds and war traveler in addition to already wearing enigma and harley makes for decent MFing.

My hammerdin can vouch for that, quite easy and fun running with aura's such as cleansing and redemption.

For the sake of being on topic, my untwinked assassin found in hell A3 a 15@ jool.

Kid is just 4.5 months, so she goes to sleep pretty early, like 19:00ish, and when the GF is out I have until like 01:00 before I get too drunk or tired and have to sleep since it's my turn to wake up with the kid.

Almost at 97 with second hammerdin now, still looking for the four most rare uniques plus that damn glorious axe and cow armor. Even some socketables missing; only 42 res all on my spirit and I want an ethbugged vortex for exile someday.

CS isn't really very good at anything except for experience. Rune drops are quite nice if you run on high /psettings and kill a lot of things (like Hammerdins do) but that's about it. That said however it's a lot more fun than running the Pits/AT which is nice.

Over 800 Trav runs, best rune that's dropped has been a Vex. :( However, a lot of goodies have dropped like this:

1.07 yay

Code:
Small Charm of Maiming
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 43
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x5897afc1
+6 to Maximum Damage

Over 800 Trav runs, best rune that's dropped has been a Vex. :( However, a lot of goodies have dropped like this:
That's a sick jewel. I'd judge it to be much rarer than most runes... I've found Ber and everything below, but a 15%31ED is the best of those jewels I've ever found.

Runes are really not something rare in comparison to specific prefix-suffix on charms or in this case jewels, with exception of Zod. Let's see in case of Travincal for comparison, with 176 MF say.

1:118 for a magic jewel from single minion, and if we say we want 35% ED + ias jewel, such jewel is one on 5750 magic jewels (other ruby jewel of fervor will have roll of 34-31%). At average we have to kill 678598 minions to get such jewel, or approx once in 61690 runs for sorc on p3. On the other hand, if we do 61690 runs on p3 with sorc, expectation is to find 8.3 Cham runes, 12.4 Jah runes, 11.1 Ber runes...

Found 2x azure wrath and there was talk of a hotspur, although i think it referred to a person...in witcher 3. :D

That's a sick jewel. I'd judge it to be much rarer than most runes... I've found Ber and everything below, but a 15%31ED is the best of those jewels I've ever found.

Yeah the jewel r0x. But I rarely play physical characters and I'm dual wielding phase blade griefs so the IAS is wasted in my Arreat's IIRC? Any suggestions where I should stick it?

You shouldn't really ask what to spend that jewel on. Instead, you should KNOW what you want to spend it on and what projects you want to do. People tend to waste epic jewels like this on sub par items then regret it later in d2 career when they realize just how rare they are.

I'd keep in safely in stashes until you are certain what to spend them on.

Just don't keep it too long getting dust. AKA don't pull out a Fabian :p

Yeah, that's what I fear: I'll covet it so much that I never use it :p. eth Tomb Reaver sounds good though, I was wondering what to do with those sockets.

Been out of D2 for a while, but had a little Trav run time last night. Ohm, Ist, Ist, HoZ, and 15ias9res all jewel. Not too shabby I guess. Still waiting for that Jah/Cham. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High