How can it be PvP Week 11 already?

I'm sorry if my post offended any of you guys, but it surely wasn't intended that way. I certainly didn't expect any of you to do it the way I did, but I just wanted to say it's perfectly possible. And all builds discussed here can do it fairly fast.

Or call in for MP games. I have hosting capabilities now so I can try to help you with that.

And if that post wasn't clear enough logout :/ If any of you needs help, on multiple occasions both me and nulio offered to rush your characters. And when it was needed, both of us did Baalruns with FoE to get his paladin to higher level. If you can install 1.07 with Trenshadow, I'm sure I can get you to Hell Pit in ~1h and you will be lvl 56 -> hour of NM eldrich runs gets you to 65, enigma kicks in and you proceed to Pit where leveling becomes peace of cake.

I mean sure, I was kinda oblivious to fact that you don't have SC twinking gear, my bad, but my offer still stands.

EDIT: Holy crap that escalated quickly -_-'

It's great you think the world revolves around you, but the obligation is 100% on you to ask for help if you need it. Nobody can read your mind, and at no point in time did you even declare you had actually started your character. Either way, frozzzen explicitly stated at the end of his post that he'd be willing to put up MP games if you asked him for help with leveling. [highlight]I understand reading is hard for you, but at least give it a try when you can.[/highlight]

Enjoy dying to quill rats instead!

Excuse me?

Okay, I'm not going to start a fight here. I leave you with this tidbit of insight:

Reading, is not hard for me. Asking for a full Hell rush of people that I don't know, AND asking for twinking gear, when I have already been offered a full PvP gear set is hard for me. I'm not going to ask for more, when you've already offered to give me so much to begin with.

Please, do not insult someone just because they don't want to play kiddie-mode with you.

Enjoy dying to quill rats instead!

Last edited:
...you mean HC wasn't kiddie-mode? It's not like dying in PvM is actually possible in this game if you're even somewhat engaged and running a reasonable character.

It's not a problem of whether it was hard for you to ask. The offer to help was already extended both by frozzzen here as well as by Gripphon in the giveaway thread, and there is precedence of it not being a problem at all with another member of the HC community. Whether you actually bothered to realize these things is beyond my control, but don't silently refuse their services AND at the same time complain about having to level an SC character by yourself while being out of your element.

Reading, is not hard for me.

Grammar sure is though!

OK, lets cool it down and get this thread back on track please. Save it for The Blood Moor :)

To make it very clear for everyone reading this thread, this is in the first post and has been in some form or other since the first PvP week:

If you are interested but need help, you can post in this thread.

The obligation is on you to ask. We have helped many times in the past and will do in this and future PvP Weeks.

Last edited:
168zqir.jpg

I always knew you were a bit on geeky side, but to cosplay as hammerdin... certainly not expected...
You have suffered penalty of -10 to intelligence (though I guess it can't go in negative numbers so nvm).

Not to be off topic, not ready yet, leveling trapper to 97 sure takes time. Obviously won't be able to join pvp week if I don't manage to level her in time...

My chars are also screwed for this PvP week. Few of them are on leveling. How can I possibly join PvP with character which is not even level 98? Also can't use characters who use 1.07 Shako cause 7fhr/14@ jewel is socketed in there until I find 7fhr/15@ jewel. Not to mention I don't have full vita skiller set on a single caster, so can't play with them either.

We start on Monday!

Awesome picture Grip. You are bonkers.

2 days to rack a 1.07 Shako to two then. Including finding the rack ...

I leveled barb to 93, assassin to 92 and must finish the druid to be 92 as well. With sorc made not so long ago, I have 4 new chars to introduce in PvP.

My holidays ended up way busier than I expected, so getting my druid to a decent level seems hard. Will possibly manage though. But if I don't succeed, Touchpad McHammers is still ready to once again die repeatedly.

Nope .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good first night - great to see some new people and a full game at one point (until I screwed up by quitting when hosting).

Let's hope for a few more good days.

First two days were awesome. I'm also glad to see new players in pvp world. So many builds to play with, bring it on!

We don't wanna share our playing strategies like that! Ok, I'll write something, but I wasn't really focused on other things, so I might miss some player or something.

First day:
Started at Colonys host.

Grip - rabies/fury druid
Colony - mage loladin
Froz - regenerator loladin
FoE - ...loladin
Delsy - bowa
Mir - plaque/bow
Max - firesorc

From my perspective duels were kinda messy. All those loladins, and every each of them invisible to see. Frozens regenerator-dude is hard to kill with rabies, that's for sure, but he died to random hammers. Colony played his animal very good for the first time. Delsy is surprisingly good player with his bowazon, was definitely hard to kill.

Then Gripphon cried like a baby about bad connection when he joined with his barb and was unable to teleport. There were some team battles as well, but I couldn't even leap like a man. Leap happened once per second at most, useless barb etc. We moved to Maxicek's host.

Grip - throw/ww barb
Maxicek - firesorc
Maxicek - windy
Colony - mage pala
Colony - boner
Colony - litesorc
Nulio - bonjwa
FoE - loladin
Froz - trapper

I had my private war with FoE, usually battling 1v1 somewhere on the map even before battle started. On the other side of the map, Froz slayed everything, then he came and spoiled our duel. Once I killed Nulio, and he was like "wat da shiat dude, you registered dat barb as zerker!". Which is truth ofc. Tricked etc. In the end, dat trapper was too stronk to kill. It was almost full house almost all the time if I remember correctly, so pretty busy night.

Second day:
We started and finished at Maxicek's host.

Maxicek - trapper
Maxicek - ww barb
Grip - trapper
Grip - windy
Grip - leaper barb
Nulio - bonjwa
Nulio - fo/blizz sorc
Froz - joanna
Froz - trapper
Froz - ghost
Froz - shizuru!
Colony - mage pala
Colony - firesorc
Colony - bvc
Colony - boner
Delsy - bowa
Horseheadnebula - bowa

Froz, Col and me started ffa. Connection wasn't exactly great then, Max was "afk", probably dl-ing some p0rn or something. Anyway, Froz repicked his ghost very fast. Starting lineup was pretty strong out there. Nulio's bowa, my trapper, Max's trapper, Col's mage, Frozen's joanna and 2 bowas. Again, Delsy as "new" player was impressive, won 2 or 3 ffa rounds. With Nulio-tier bowa, he would have won at least 6! Other than that, trappers were strong on the battlefield out there. It was fun to see Froz chasing bowa's around, especially Nulio. I almost wanted to mindblast Nulio, but was good enough to let them have their battle. Horseheadnebula is also good player, but his bowa could use some improvements for sure. Don't know did he have maxed resistances, but his HP dropped quickly.

I joined with windy, Froz picked his Shizuru. Nulio joined with his sorc. Col with bvc. It was really funny situation. I saw Col whirlwinding near river with full HP, and then he suddenly just dropped dead. No damage taken display, he had full hp and then just died. Was like "what happened" from my side. ^^ So he repicked quickly, like Froz did his ghost. It was too laggy to play ww char with any efficiency. Anyway, Froz joined with his trapper and was again very stronk. Col came with firesorc and was very painful for my windy. Also two trappers on the battlefield made my life hard.

Then there were team battles. Leaper barb in from my side, Col picked boner, Froz stayed with trapper, Max joined with ww barb, Nulio with fo/blizz sorc, Horsehead was with his bowa. It was 3v3 battle for some time. Nulio, Colony and me vs other 3. Both teams won some battles. Then, Nulio decided to ruin the fun and joined with bonjwa. "You two can't be in the same team!" cried Froz to me, so Max and me switched sides.
Soon Colony left, so we were 3v2. Maxicek and me decided to show the world how awesome barbs are, so we were ww barb + leap barb vs trapper and 2 bowas. We did won 60% rounds. NOT. I made a threat that I will post screenshot on forum if we win any round. But, we couldn't do a thing. However, it was fun nonetheless to jump in and try to kill any of the 10k HP bowas. Froz felt useless, his master probably casted more spells than him.

So, we switched again. This time, Nulio and me had a blessing from Froz to be in the same team in 2v3 battle. Bonjwa + leap barb vs ww barb + trapper + bowa. We did won round or two, but they were just too stronk for us. Trapper distracted us with traps like a boss, and Max was protecting his bowa as well as target me to stop leaping. What to say, whole day was very fun, I absolutely enjoyed every moment of it.

EDIT: I tried to play one round on touchpad. Impossibru! FoE is GOD!

Last edited:
Day 3.

So, day 3 is done. Like every other day, it was quite busy all the time. Max hosted again, even though this time connection seemed a bit worse than previous night. Anyway.

Max - charger
Max - trapper
Colony - boner
Colony - mage pala
Grip - bvc
Grip - orballer sorc
Delsy - bowa
Frozen - bowa
Frozen - windy
Face - plaquezon
Face - orb sorc
FoE - loladin
cdm - loladin

Things started with crapload of paladins around again. As a bonus, there was Frozen's bowa with desynch as well. Fair to say we "normal people" were fighting a ghosts. Forzen's bowa was just too stronk. He could eat sandwich or something while playing and still be the king of the hill. Even though kings don't eat sandwiches. Anyway, I was struggling playing with bvc. Tele + ww was out of option due to ww bug, everytime I tried that I ended up whirling in place taking tons of damage. So, I just walked around and admired the nature. And avoided that bowa. I felt almost like a criminal who was chased by Robin Hood in the forest with that thing around. Colonys boner was also very aggressive, staying hard on my screen spamming me. At some point he asked me "Hey Grip, what kind of barb runs away from a puny little necro?!". I was speechless. Leave me alone, I wanna enjoy fresh air and nature around me! And dead zombie bodies. Once FoE killed me right at the start, he teled on top of me and I tried ww, but it failed and dropped dead. I saw him standing over my corpse there, probably admiring his huge success of killing poor bvc. Or he had some naughty thoughts that are not for public. But I revenged myself! I managed to win only one round of all, but "thieves" are not meant to win, are they? Our "Robin Hood" made sure of that.

I repicked to orballer sorc, and Face took his orb sorc, while "Robin Hood" and puny little necro went offline for some time. But there was other bowa, Delsy played it. It was spam game. Two sorcs spamming the crap out of paladins. I can imagine how terrible that looked at their screen, sorc who just run away with over 9000 fcr and spam spells. Max managed to one-hit-kill me two times with his charger. That was the first time I saw how HUGE weapon he carry. Almost like he wants to slay Godzilla, not sorc. Bowa was hardish to kill with vita sorc, but eventually one of the sorcs managed it here and there.

Then, teams!
Froz with windy, Max with trapper and me with orballer sorc vs Col with mage, Face with orb sorc and Delsy with bowa. Fair to say that Froz's windy, named Stratos, was too stronk! Few times he saved our team with outstanding performance out there! I didn't see much happening since I was spamming hot fireballs from distance. But I did chain some namelocks on every opponent, sometimes dieing cause of that, sometimes killing the target. Overall, we tried to get rid of bowa first, and windy was very strong for that.

Nice writeup nub (except for all that Robbin Hood part).

To sum up first couple days of pvp week myself, I just confirmed that trapper is best all around pvp char. High mobility, long range, high effective hp pool, no hard counter and dual element attack types make for one tough cookie. Both Grip and Max were performing well on their trappers, and as for myself, I found fireblast to be great supplement to trapper's aggressive playstyle and I didn't really use it prior to this pvp week. I think we all learned something today, I certainly did.

With recent improvements on my bowie, I tried her for test run yesterday, and boy, she performed out of all expectation. Partially because there were no elemental damage characters at that time so I could go all out on damage. Col's maxblock bone nec was still hard to beat and provided quite a challenge for her, but more often than not I managed to get GA namelock and win from that. Scenarios like this happened here and there so I'm very pleased with her :)

One of more unconventional builds I tried this week is my insight charge/regenerator pally. Idea is for insight to provide double heal, just like in pvm people use prayer/insight act 2 merc. With maxed prayer, keeping cleansing as main aura to get rid of both curses and poison damage, as well as to provide heal from maxed prayer, pally ends up healing 75hp/sec! Even if his HP pool is lowish - ~3500 life, his effective hp goes anywhere 5-8k during course of the duel. Problem I had with him is that this pvp week, hammerdins are all the rage and charging into hammerfileds can kill you instantly, regen or not. He has maxblock switch with 75fcr/~1000 hammer dmg setup with cta as main weapon, so there's that to counter hammers, but without teleport it's impossible to keep up with them. One more problem are bowazons. d/a/e are too strong, and on maxblock switch you have ~10% to land successful hit. Add in lack of maxblock and you get one sad paladin.
His true strength was in team duels however. Providing team with 75 heal/sec, reducing curses and poison by 80% and acting like insight merc that we all love, he is fantastic support character. Radius of heal is rather large so I can even go offensive to pick off some vita casters or support long range dmg dealers like bowas or bone necs with hammers while on defensive. Overall, I'm pretty sure it's most entertaining pally build I made and given that he uses defensive aura charms that no one wants/uses, gives him all the more style.

Some close combat characters like my ghost and rabies druid had rather lackluster performance. Ghosts are just too lag sensitive, and even slight ping issues makes them borderline unplayable. Good character for your own hosting I guess. Managed to kill colony's mage in one duel 1v1 so that's accomplishment, even if he otherwise stomped me. And Joanna being Joanna was huge pest, but not really competitive character. I always managed to take down big player, such as Nulio's bowie or Grip's trapper, but usually wouldn't survive too long to boast about it.

As for our newborn pvp players, it's really nice to see FoE improving constantly with his paladin even if it's very huge skill cap character. And on touchpad. Shame that mouse gaming isn't really priority for him, otherwise it would be quite nasty contender. And yes, smite/charge works well with vs bowas, you just need to practice it a bit :)
Delsy was probably biggest surprise of this pvp week for me. Out of nowhere, with only crafted pvp bowie gloves to give as sign on wanting to join pvp, his bowie continued to impress me day after day. Even if he has no Faith bow and great gear, his bowie is really competitive and always very hard to take down. Small things like switching bow out while being chased by two teleporting character to throw 2 arrows at vita char adds really nice touch. Only problem is lack of damage so even if bowie takes long to kill, it still cannot punish character hard enough. Otherwise very well played and always pest to take down :)

I really like direction this pvp week is going at. Newcomers, new builds, old guys, team matches and everything. It's very enjoyable experience so far and I hope it keeps this pace \o/
Oh, and this thread needs more videos (I'll try to take care of that) and potentially streaming of some games.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High