X-men mafia game thread

NOTICE TO ALL PLAYERS: Please remember the rules, you may ONLY paraphrase from your role pm and other communications.

Copy and Pasting directly any information sent to you by either myself or Gwaihir is strictly against the rules, and a couple of you are getting dangerously close to violating said rules, appropriate actions will have to be taken if this is continued.

I have a power that also gives me information and I have used it on Logout not at all out of spite. :p. And today, very uncharacteristically of him, he has been extremely quiet to the point of almost whispering

o_O ......

.. what... happened .... to.... logout.... ?
Do we need to be scared? It feels like that almost. I don't want to be scared.

I'm here. Last night was a hectic night at home. Now, I am trying to figure out what's going on, as to not make an idiot of myself by jumping to a conclusion. That hasn't worked so well for me so far.

With that said, I have a lore question. And, this is going to look SOO bad on me, but, I'm going to share anyway. Be prepared for a bit of a story.

Last night, my son was interested in what I was doing on the computer. I told him "I am playing the X-Men game" because he doesn't understand forum posting. He got really excited, and wanted to play too. He's 5. I told him that it was only a 1 person game, and you had to know how to read and write, and he got VERY upset. I finally got him calmed down, and he settled for doing an X-Men marathon on the TV, because we have all the movies. Naturally, I started with the first movie (released, not chronologically) which was X-Men. I noticed a scene in that movie where Toad spits slime at Jean Grey, and all she can do is mumble. The light instantly clicked on in my head. Someone had pointed out that if they were frozen, they would only be able to say "mmmmhhh" as well. It clicked. Why are the letters M and H used? The post restriction could be based on this slime spit in the movie.

I hate to derail the Jcakes discussion, but in my opinion, he has answered any doubts I had. It seems we have an "ability swap" mechanic somewhere, but I don't know enough X-Men lore outside of the modern movies to recognize that mutant. We do have Rogue, which I know drains life force/mutant powers, but, I don't think she could swap other mutants powers. You guys are probably gonna spin this ten times sideways, but, I'm honestly just trying to share an observation.

Because I've loved and followed the X-Men for thirty years. And I suspect that the mods wouldn't have chosen this theme unless they did too. And hence, I doubt they would choose such a simple and mediocre game as is being described by others who obviously aren't aware of the richness of X-Men lore.

The current trend seems to be, someone is a shapeshifter, therefore they have to be the most obvious shapeshifter. That's BS, in an intelligently crafted game by people who actually know the lore. It's worth at least discussing alternate situations. [highlight]This is obviously a complex game, with your own post restriction a glaring example.[/highlight] Let's not over simplify, is all I'm saying.

This is screaming at me. You can ask people after the game is over, the minute you posted this last night I wanted to ream you for it. In my mind, how the hell does an M and H post restriction prove that this game is complex?

Then, it dawned on me. You already knew the lore/inspiration behind the post restriction. Nobody but the owner of that power, and the recipients of that power, know the mechanics of it.

This leads me to two things:

A) You are Toad (if in fact that mhmm thing comes from the first movie)

B) Toad is in the mafia, and you are as well, so you know about the post restriction power intimately

C) You really know THAT much about the X-Men universe, and you should be hosting this game instead of Pyro or Gwaihir

you threw wine all over the infield, drank some, and spilled three bottles.

How I spend my Friday night sis none of your buisness, thank you very much. And for the record, I only spilled 2.

Last night, my son was interested in what I was doing on the computer. I told him "I am playing the X-Men game" because he doesn't understand forum posting. He got really excited, and wanted to play too. He's 5. I told him that it was only a 1 person game, and you had to know how to read and write, and he got VERY upset. I finally got him calmed down, and he settled for doing an X-Men marathon on the TV, because we have all the movies.

Ok, that is very adorable. It just made my day. You should let him type out a post!

And for a vote count:
Bad Ash (1): Moar
Logoutzero (1): Caluin Graye
Jcakes (1): (Bad Ash), coju

Sorry - I'm neither Toad nor mafia.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Sorry - I'm neither Toad nor mafia.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Your cool, calm, collected response seems purposefully toned down compared to your other posts recently. I think you are trying to come off as town.

Vote: Noodle

Hmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Mmmmmmmmm.

I'm not post restricted, that's just me thinking. Those sirens you hear are from the fires breaking out from the friction. ;)

I am new to mafia, but people do seem to be making vague claims so I will as well. I have a power that also gives me information and I have used it on Logout not at all out of spite. :p. And today, very uncharacteristically of him, he has been extremely quiet to the point of almost whispering - at least, that's how I interpret posts in parens. I have a pretty neat power and so I am not just blowing smoke here. I am dazed and confused from jet lag and Jcakes but I have not been knocked off target. Jcakes certainly seems scummy and if a train starts on him, I will jump aboard. However, my dear giant from the South deserves a closer look, methinks. Me thinking is not my forte but me jumping in blindly certainly is.

Also, the morse thing isn't actually preventing anyone from speaking, although God knows if I get hit with it it will shut me up good. Ooops! Forget I said that and don't tell my husband, he'd be thrilled to find a way to shut me up. What I mean to say is that all it appears to be doing is making work for the whole group. The people hit with it, and here I squint at Drixx in mild exasperation, have not appeared to have any difficulty getting their words out.

That's all for now. Can I go back to sleep? ;)

Curious as to why you didn't us your power on Jcakes, seeing what pharphis said about him yesterday.

I'm here. Last night was a hectic night at home. Now, I am trying to figure out what's going on, as to not make an idiot of myself by jumping to a conclusion. That hasn't worked so well for me so far.

With that said, I have a lore question. And, this is going to look SOO bad on me, but, I'm going to share anyway. Be prepared for a bit of a story.

Last night, my son was interested in what I was doing on the computer. I told him "I am playing the X-Men game" because he doesn't understand forum posting. He got really excited, and wanted to play too. He's 5. I told him that it was only a 1 person game, and you had to know how to read and write, and he got VERY upset. I finally got him calmed down, and he settled for doing an X-Men marathon on the TV, because we have all the movies. Naturally, I started with the first movie (released, not chronologically) which was X-Men. I noticed a scene in that movie where Toad spits slime at Jean Grey, and all she can do is mumble. The light instantly clicked on in my head. Someone had pointed out that if they were frozen, they would only be able to say "mmmmhhh" as well. It clicked. Why are the letters M and H used? The post restriction could be based on this slime spit in the movie.

I hate to derail the Jcakes discussion, but in my opinion, he has answered any doubts I had. It seems we have an "ability swap" mechanic somewhere, but I don't know enough X-Men lore outside of the modern movies to recognize that mutant. We do have Rogue, which I know drains life force/mutant powers, but, I don't think she could swap other mutants powers. You guys are probably gonna spin this ten times sideways, but, I'm honestly just trying to share an observation.

Pre-emptively, I'm not calling you a liar. I am calling you scum, though, for this entire post. It sounds to me like you're trying your hardest to justify why you came to the conclusion of Toad being the post-restricter when you probably already knew it before-hand.

I firmly believe that Logout is scum and he should be lynched today. I feel so firmly about this that I'm going to force the issue.

Fight: Logout

Pre-emptively, I'm not calling you a liar. I am calling you scum, though, for this entire post. It sounds to me like you're trying your hardest to justify why you came to the conclusion of Toad being the post-restricter when you probably already knew it before-hand.

I firmly believe that Logout is scum and he should be lynched today. I feel so firmly about this that I'm going to force the issue.

Agreed. Logout is scum.

Vote: Logoutzero

Fight? Is this a game command? Or a joke? I hate not knowing this stuff.

It is cute, that when I outed your scum partner, you came immediately to his rescue, and he jumped on your wagon. Both of you are scum, are you sad that we already killed your Godfather?

I don't know what this fight thing is, but it appears to be some kind of joke. For now, my vote stays on Noodle.

Pre-emptively, [highlight]I'm not calling you a liar. I am calling you scum[/highlight], though, for this entire post. It sounds to me like you're trying your hardest to justify why you came to the conclusion of Toad being the post-restricter when you probably already knew it before-hand.

Uhm, what? Why are/aren't you calling me a liar? What did I post that makes you think I am lying, if you follow up by calling me scum? I'm confused.

Uhm, what? Why are/aren't you calling me a liar? What did I post that makes you think I am lying, if you follow up by calling me scum? I'm confused.

Clarification: I think you did talk to your son. I think you did go watch X-men. I think you did see the part with Toad.

I also think that you knew all about the post-restriction before all of that went down last night.

So I guess I am calling you a liar. Not about your real life stuff, which is what I wanted to get across. Only lying about not knowing about post restriction things before last night.

Curious as to why you didn't us your power on Jcakes, seeing what pharphis said about him yesterday.

Because I am not even remotely spiteful and petty, and because I didn't get much of a vibe from Jcakes, and because I had to pick somebody to use my power on. Jcakes is definitely on my squinty-eyed list although I am thoroughly confused as to why. :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High