X-men mafia game thread

A Thought, By BipolarChemist.

We've been thinking what could Drixx have triggered to set this Post Restriction off. I have a feeling someone purposely targeted and silenced him. It is a very plausible target for such a power.

You mean someone intentionally targeted the guy known for walls of text for a post restriction?! Mind. Blown.

Loud Noises!

This thread is giving me a headache.

I'm Ron Burgundy?

the name of his ability is always important. Why reveal all of what it does but not the name? the only reason for that is if your actual ability name is not jailkeeper but something more vague.
I wouldn't have pestered him had he not specified it blocked mutant powers, which apparently was for flavour purposes...

I now understand why you get lynched so often on day 1.

Once I started to translate, I couldn't just stop, that would be rude!

How can we only deduce that CG was the target? If he was the killer and Drixx targetted him, then the exact same outcome arises.

Let's look at each individually:
1) CG was the Target: Drixx's power blocks kill, no kill that night.

2) CG was the killer: Drixx's power blocks kill, no kill that night.

WHOA, the same.

So you're saying it's 50/50 eh?

I am more surprised at how open and "honest" people are being this day phase. It seems like a lot more than normal anywyas.

Also, how is Drixx being questioned for more info when he claimed Ice Man??? I believe he's one of the four original X-Men and we've had zero town deaths and people want more info than the name? Scum.

So you're saying it's 50/50 eh?

Ehhh, I'm leaning toward target, but it might not even be the case that it's either of those! With the likelihood of many PRs in the game, who knows what happened!

I am more surprised at how open and "honest" people are being this day phase. It seems like a lot more than normal anywyas.

Also, how is Drixx being questioned for more info when he claimed Ice Man??? I believe he's one of the four original X-Men and we've had zero town deaths and people want more info than the name? Scum.
He claimed Ice Man after he was being pestered for more info.
He's been pestered since (by me) because he's being inconsistent and hasn't answered some questions that arose before that.

I guess we can't really get anything out of the whole Drixx/CG thing as of yet. And since the name of the game is to hunt scum, I guess we should move on for now?

Also
Unvote: BipolarbearTheMasculinist

Your reactions seem pretty townie, on par with how TheFranklin reacted last game (and his reaction was generally regarded as such) I guess the biggest thing I have to bring to the table right now is Zokar. Seems to be fishing, but, that seems to be some kind of running joke? (Damn I wish I had more experience in this forum!)

Also in my defense I don't know anything beyond the very basics of X-men, so I didn't know iceman was auto-town. With 0 deaths you raise a good point, though

I'd like to imagine that BPC is capitalizing all of Drixx's translations because he's screaming at BPC to translate as quickly as possible.

I'm leaning towards believing Drixx for two reasons -

1) No one died last night and he's claiming a semi-major/well known character. Would be pretty ballsy to fake claim something like that.
2) There's no one that would get more depressed about being hit with a post restriction than Drixx.

I think this is a pretty straight forward game in terms of roles, because most of the characters should fit on one side or the other.

Thank you. I peed.

Drixx claiming IceMan gives him credibility which can't be tested this early in the game, but he's already ignoring the possibility that he might be wrong.

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but mutants are mutants no? Magneto is classified as a mutant as much as Wolverine is right?
The term "mutants" is offensive to my people. We prefer the term Extrally Abled. However I will accept the special parking thank you.

Translating beats studying for exams.
And what doesn't beat studying...

I cannot confirm nor deny being blocked, as I did not use an ability last night.
I can confirm he posted this.

Once I started to translate, I couldn't just stop, that would be rude!

How can we only deduce that CG was the target? If he was the killer and Drixx targetted him, then the exact same outcome arises.

Let's look at each individually:
1) CG was the Target: Drixx's power blocks kill, no kill that night.

2) CG was the killer: Drixx's power blocks kill, no kill that night.

WHOA, the same.
Or the possibility Drixx tried to kill Caluin Graye and failed. Caluin Graye's block leaves Drixx in a state of h/m.

The irony isn't lost on me with this post restriction happening to Drixx. Not intending that to be cruel, but it is funny and if you can't laugh at yourself...

Also in my defense I don't know anything beyond the very basics of X-men, so I didn't know iceman was auto-town. With 0 deaths you raise a good point, though

I wouldn't say auto-town as this is mafia. More like "most likely".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I see no reason as of yet to not trust drixx. First of all I do not see any reason for scum to claim like he did on D1, second of all claiming a main good guy with no kills would be suicide for scum, third of all he seems to have been targeted by a post restriction, which would probably be a scum ability.

I think Val and BA hit the nail on the head with their thoughts on pushing drixx for info. I have no idea why pharphis would push for more information given the reasons above. Why would you need his name? The only thing drixx giving up his name brings (except for more trust from town, which he for now doesn't need) is reducing the roster of fake claims for mafia.

I have no idea what logout is doing.

logoutzero said:
BPC, you trying to earn our trust by translating/acting as the Drixx assistant? What are you hiding in there?

I don't understand this. Actively helping town = scum?

logoutzero said:
So, as I understand it, Drixx got a post restriction. Drixx claims to have used a power that prevents his target from being killed, but also stops his target from acting, and that his target was Caluin Graye? And Drixx believes, since we all made it through the night, that Drixx's power targeting Caluin Graye is what caused the lack of a kill last night? So logically, either Caluin Graye was the target, or the killer? I don't think those are the only options here...

Here's what I take on Drixx's claim. We have been advised that this is a power role heavy game. There's 21 in this game. Are you saying that out of possibly 21 power roles, that you just happened to pick either the killer, or the target? That's a 2/21 (less than 10% shot) that you picked someone directly involved in the kill last night, either the killer, or the target.

there is a small chance of any role having a succesful target on N1. Same goes for cop, doc, etc., etc... What's your point?

logoutzero said:
To me, it seems more likely that you were the killer, and are spinning to protect yourself and add town credibility. I only have one other game to base my understanding of you on, but one thing for sure, you are a wordsmith. Look at the odds here, granted they aren't long, but, it is much more likely that your night kill failed, and possibly the source of your posting restriction.

So because his claim is not 100% to be true, he is scum? If drixx attempted to kill someone last night, why would he ever claim as he did this morning? What does he achieve besides further attention? Further, at the point of you writing these accusations, drixx already claimed ice man (post #112), which is a pretty solid name claim with no kills last night. Seems to me like you are trying to refute his claim without any proof and then moving on to masking completely random reasons as evidence to make him look scum.

logoutzero said:
See my above post. I have an inkling that Drixx was the killer last night, and when his kill/mutant power failed, it backfired

Oooh, and inkling! Backfired how? CG has a bulletproof ability that also forces anybody attempting to kill him to only speak in morse code?

logoutzero said:
I will be taking a long look into any mutants in any iteration to see if there are hit/miss type mutations. Perhaps a shapeshifter that cannot accurately control what shape it takes? Or some conglomerate mutant (Deadpool/Weapon X in the movies) that may not have full control over their powers.

Looking forward to your report.

logoutzero said:
And then, you say that you are role fishing? Is that a slip I detect?!

wut

logoutzero said:
I got such a scum vibe from Drixx last game, and I'm still pissed about him not eating his shorts. I am trying not to let that cloud my judgement, but, as I understand his claim, he says that there was no NK because he froze (Iceman) CG. What he said was something very close to "my power prevents my target from dying, but it also stops them from using their power." So, if that's really what his power says, then we can only deduce that CG was the target and not the killer. When he then goes on to say that "either CG was the target, or the killer" this directly opposes what he initially claimed as a power. That rubs me all wrong, and is what led me down the path I am on.

Part in italics: What? If CG had an NK ability, according to drixx's claim, drixx's ability would be able to block it. Hence, if drixx is telling the truth, CG could indeed be both the killer or the target (or none of the above).

logoutzero said:
Vote: BipolarExecutiveAssistant

I don't buy your excuse. You've been complaining, and basically begging Drixx to post shorter, because it's such a task to translate. Which is it? You don't want to study, so you are here translating, or, "Drixx post shorter, please, this crap is annoying!" Nice try for brownie points, however.

You think drixx is scum, but vote BPC because... him translating restricted posts is him trying to disguise himself as town?

I guess we can't really get anything out of the whole Drixx/CG thing as of yet. And since the name of the game is to hunt scum, I guess we should move on for now?

Also
Unvote: BipolarbearTheMasculinist

Yeah, lets just forget that whole discussion. I sure get why you wanna move on.

Vote: logoutzero

To me this all screams logout trying to discredit what he fear is a town player that can threat his scum faction, then trying to safe his *** by letting it all go when he realized how miserably he failed. Of course, it could also be lack of experience (how many games you played logout?), but I doubt it. Definitely my number 1 pick for a lynch so far.

For the record: As mentioned above, I trust drixx. I have no idea about BPC, but simply don't agree with logout's logic concerning him.

@FoE:

To be fair, after there was discussion in the thread about my faulty logic on Drixx' power, I retracted my thoughts. This is my second game, FWIW. I have no reason to suspect Drixx to be scum based on this game, which is why I said something similar to "I'm not calling you scum yet."

@FoE:

To be fair, after there was discussion in the thread about my faulty logic on Drixx' power, I retracted my thoughts. This is my second game, FWIW. I have no reason to suspect Drixx to be scum based on this game, which is why I said something similar to "I'm not calling you scum yet."

Yeah, you said "I'm not calling you scum yet", but you also said..

logoutzero said:
To me, it seems more likely that you were the killer, and are spinning to protect yourself and add town credibility. .....[snip].... but, it is much more likely that your night kill failed, and possibly the source of your posting restriction.
I believe that you are too smart, though inexperienced, for honestly believing this.

My vote stays.

... which is pretty much as close to saying "you are scum" as you can get.

What are the odds that mafia got fake X-men names? Name claiming could be something we want to do sooner rather than later in a game like this?

What are the odds that mafia got fake X-men names? Name claiming could be something we want to do sooner rather than later in a game like this?

I see no reason to suspects that mafia got fake names more in this game than in any other game.

If they did get fake claims, I'd think they'd be the more obscure 'famous' X-men, such as Iceman, Jubilee, etc. That being said, I believe Drixx's claim.

I don't see a name claim this early being a good thing. Possible powers can be too easily deduced from a character name.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High