X-men mafia game thread

What kind of expanding do you wish Drixx to provide?
Any explanation that would allow us to determine what strong evidence he had for CG's 50/50 guilt/innocence. As it stood at the time his post told me absolutely nothing, and if he was killed we would lose all information.

However I can now see that jailkeeper would explain that... but I'm sure the mafia could have figured that out

**Steps out of the Danger Room, barely winded, and hardly sweating**

"Anyone else think we need to update the A.I. of that Sentinel program? So long as you stand on this side of the road, and toss stuff down on his head, he just runs back and forth, eventually tripping or something and shattering into bits of rubbish."

There's lots to say, but I don't want to repeat the wall-o-text reply style that I used last game.

BPC, you trying to earn our trust by translating/acting as the Drixx assistant? What are you hiding in there?

So, as I understand it, Drixx got a post restriction. Drixx claims to have used a power that prevents his target from being killed, but also stops his target from acting, and that his target was Caluin Graye? And Drixx believes, since we all made it through the night, that Drixx's power targeting Caluin Graye is what caused the lack of a kill last night? So logically, either Caluin Graye was the target, or the killer? I don't think those are the only options here...

Here's what I take on Drixx's claim. We have been advised that this is a power role heavy game. There's 21 in this game. Are you saying that out of possibly 21 power roles, that you just happened to pick either the killer, or the target? That's a 2/21 (less than 10% shot) that you picked someone directly involved in the kill last night, either the killer, or the target. To me, it seems more likely that you were the killer, and are spinning to protect yourself and add town credibility. I only have one other game to base my understanding of you on, but one thing for sure, you are a wordsmith. Look at the odds here, granted they aren't long, but, it is much more likely that your night kill failed, and possibly the source of your posting restriction.

I'm not saying you are scum yet, just pointing out that "either he was the target, or the killer" is a fallacy.

A Thought, By BipolarChemist.

We've been thinking what could Drixx have triggered to set this Post Restriction off. I have a feeling someone purposely targeted and silenced him. It is a very plausible target for such a power.

See my above post. I have an inkling that Drixx was the killer last night, and when his kill/mutant power failed, it backfired. I will be taking a long look into any mutants in any iteration to see if there are hit/miss type mutations. Perhaps a shapeshifter that cannot accurately control what shape it takes? Or some conglomerate mutant (Deadpool/Weapon X in the movies) that may not have full control over their powers.

Since you seem to know quite a bit about how the game should be setup, who would you anticipate being in this "Brotherhood of Mutants"?

Here, I was going to say, you are fishing for a claim, and obviously scum.

/OT I want to one day go back through games, see how many people get called on role fishing and see what percentage of those people are actually scum.

Anyway, past my bedtime, goodnight!

And then, you say that you are role fishing? Is that a slip I detect?!

I believe that he has a legitimate post restriction. I don't see Drixx faking that.

He appears to have performed some form of Jailkeeping on me, which tells us that I'm either mafia, neutral or town.

So there's not really much to say about it directly. I'd much prefer to read the reactions to the announcement instead and find scum looking for easy information and quick lynches.

Oh no you di'ent!

So CG, were you blocked last night?

I got such a scum vibe from Drixx last game, and I'm still pissed about him not eating his shorts. I am trying not to let that cloud my judgement, but, as I understand his claim, he says that there was no NK because he froze (Iceman) CG. What he said was something very close to "my power prevents my target from dying, but it also stops them from using their power." So, if that's really what his power says, then we can only deduce that CG was the target and not the killer. When he then goes on to say that "either CG was the target, or the killer" this directly opposes what he initially claimed as a power. That rubs me all wrong, and is what led me down the path I am on.

Vote: BipolarExecutiveAssistant

I don't buy your excuse. You've been complaining, and basically begging Drixx to post shorter, because it's such a task to translate. Which is it? You don't want to study, so you are here translating, or, "Drixx post shorter, please, this crap is annoying!" Nice try for brownie points, however.

I got such a scum vibe from Drixx last game, and I'm still pissed about him not eating his shorts. I am trying not to let that cloud my judgement, but, as I understand his claim, he says that there was no NK because he froze (Iceman) CG. What he said was something very close to "my power prevents my target from dying, but it also stops them from using their power." So, if that's really what his power says, then we can only deduce that CG was the target and not the killer. When he then goes on to say that "either CG was the target, or the killer" this directly opposes what he initially claimed as a power. That rubs me all wrong, and is what led me down the path I am on.

Vote: BipolarExecutiveAssistant

I don't buy your excuse. You've been complaining, and basically begging Drixx to post shorter, because it's such a task to translate. Which is it? You don't want to study, so you are here translating, or, "Drixx post shorter, please, this crap is annoying!" Nice try for brownie points, however.

The first part of this post was aimed at Pharphis. There was a quote in there to post #144 and there in the preview, then it wasn't there when I posted.

Once I started to translate, I couldn't just stop, that would be rude!

How can we only deduce that CG was the target? If he was the killer and Drixx targetted him, then the exact same outcome arises.

Let's look at each individually:
1) CG was the Target: Drixx's power blocks kill, no kill that night.

2) CG was the killer: Drixx's power blocks kill, no kill that night.

WHOA, the same.

I cannot confirm nor deny being blocked, as I did not use an ability last night.

If this is the case, that pretty much settles it for me. Drixx was the killer last night, and failed. I'm not sure if he targeted CG or not. For now, my vote stays with BPC just because, I hate to end up on an anti-Drixx rally again, but, if someone has info as to what Drixx actually did last night, that would help.

How can we only deduce that CG was the target? If he was the killer and Drixx targetted him, then the exact same outcome arises.

WHOA, the same.
lol,

ya I don't understand what you're saying, logo

4. Bb2 e6
5. Bg2 Ngf6
6. O-O c6

SPOILERS. Giving away all my story ideas. Sheesh.

This here is the most laughs per word I have had in a post ever.

Did you use pen and paper?

...Did not pick up on that. Color me impressed.

Anyways, here is your vote count before I go to bed:

BipolarChemist(1): (pharphis), logoutzero
IWantNumbersInMyName(1): Goryani
Valharous(1): pharphis
phaphis(2): coju, Valharous

Last edited:

WHOA, the same.

Yes, Bob is married. Jean is divorced. Bob is looking at Billy. Billy is looking at Jean. Is someone married looking at someone not married?

I really hate it when the answer is the same, no matter the question. You're right, both cases lead to no kill.

hmhh mmm mmh mmm hhm m hhh m mmm hmmh mhhh h hh mh mmh mhmh hmh hm mmhh mhmm hh m hm hmh mmh h m h mhh mhmh hm hmhh hhm hh mh mmh hmh hm mhmm h hmm hh m hhhh hm mh hm mhhh hh hmhh hh m mhmm m hhhh hm m hmm h mmh h mh h hmh hm hmhh hmhh mhmm mhmh hm hmhh hmhh hmmm hm hh hmhh mhm h h hmmh h hmh hmm hhhh hh mhmh hhhh mm h hm mh hhh hhhh h hh hhh hmmh hmh mmm m h mhmh m h mhh hhmh hmh mmm mm mhhh h hh mh mmh mhm hh hmhh hmhh h mhh mhhh hhm m hm hhh hm mhh mmm hmm mh hhh hh mhh h mm hm mhmm mh mmm m hmmh h hmh hhmh mmm hmh mm hm mh mhmm hm mhmh m hh mmm mh hhh hhhh hh mm hhh h hmhh hhmh m hhhh h hmh h hm hhh mmm mh hh hhh hm hh mhh m hhhh h hmh h hmm hm hhh hmh h hm hhh mmm mh m mmm mhhh h hmhh hh h hhhm h hhhh h hmm hm hhh h hh m hhhh h hmh m hhhh h m hm hmh mmh h m mmm hmh m hhhh h hhhh hh m mm hm mh hh hhh mhhh h mhmh hm hhm hhh h m hhhh h hmh h hmm hm hhh mh mmm mhh h hm m hhhh m hhhh h hmh h hm hmh h mmm m hhhh h hmh hmmh mmm hhh hhh hh mhhh hmhh h h mhhm hmmh hmhh hm mh hm m hh mmm mh hhh hhh hhm mhmh hhhh hm hhh hm mhh mmm mhmh hhh hm hhhm h mhhh hhm m hh m hhh h h mm hhh hmhh hh mhm h hmhh mhmm m hhhh h hmhh hm mhmh mhm mmm hhmh mhh h hm m hhhh hmmh hm hh hmh h mhh hmm hh m hhhh mm h hmmh hmh mmm m h mhmh m hh mh mmh hm mh mhh mhhh hmhh mmm mhmh mhm hh mh mmh mhmh hm hmhh hhm hh mh mmh hmh hm mhmm h hmh h hhh hhm hmhh m hhh hh mh hm hhhh hh mmh hhhh hmmh hmh mmm mhhh hm mhhh hh hmhh hh m mhmm m hhhh hm m hhhh h hmm hm hhh h hh m hhhh h hmh m hm hmh mmh h m mmm hmh hhhh hh m mm hm mh hh m hm hmh mmh h m h mhh mhmh hm hmhh hhm hh mh mmh hmh hm mhmm h mhhh h mhmh hm hhm hhh h hhhh h hh hhh mmm mh h mmm hhmh m hhhh h mhhh h hhh m hmmh hmhh hm mhmm h hmh hhh hm mh mhh hh hhh hm hmm hhhh hh mm hm hhh hm hmhh hh mhm h hmhh mhmm hhmh hh hmh hhh m mh hh mmh hhhh m m hm hmh mmh h m mhhh mhmm m hhhh h mm hm hhmh hh hm hhh mmm hh hmmh h hmh hhh mmm mh hm hmhh hmhh mhmm hmhh h hm mh m mmm hmm hm hmh mhh hhhh hh mm mhhh h hh mh mmh m hhhh h m hm hmh mmh h m

"LOGOUT STOP BEING CRAZY, I TARGETED CALUIN GRAYE WITH AN ABILITY THAT WE GENERALLY CALL JAILKEEPER, WHICH MEANS HE IS PROTECTED FROM BEING KILLED BUT AS A DOWNSIDE MAY NOT PERFORM ANY ACTIONS HIMSELF. THE REASON I SAID THERE WAS REASON TO BELIEVE HE WAS EITHER THE TARGET OR THE HITMAN IS BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DEATH. THERE ARE OTHER POSSIBLE EXPLANATIONS SUCH AS A DOC SAVE BUT IT SEEMS LIKELY THE LACK OF DEATH PAIRED WITH ME PROTECTING AND BLOCKING CALUIN GRAYE RESULTS IN A HIGH PROBABILITY THAT HE WAS EITHER TARGET OR HITMAN. I TARGETED CALUIN GRAYE BECAUSE HE IS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS AND IS A WHIM AS A LIKELY FIRST NIGHT TARGET BY THE MAFIA SO I PERSONALLY LEAN TOWARD HIM BEING THE TARGET"

I have to agree with Drixx's train of thought here. CG does seem like an good first night target for mafia. I would agree in leaning towards a possible Target here.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High