Time travellers, get in here!

According to ATMA Mephisto has way better odds for Harley. And even if the odds for HLW are worse, it's not that much worse. (But jimsfriend got unique amulets in Mephisto way faster than me in Andariel... maybe some parts of 1.08 are more broken than others?)

Or you can trade one :p (unless you only trade 1.10a+?)

jimsfriend is the only person on earth more broken than nulio, that's the only plausible explanation.

Hey Barl,

If you download one of my bundles from the Bliss Version Switcher, you can play 1.0 since my bundle includes all the patch files for 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, etc etc all the way till 1.13 (For both Classic and Expansion).

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?849147-Bliss-Version-Switcher

Since you can already play 1.03 with your CDs, you can play 1.0 as well. You don't need a 1.0 specific disc in order to play 1.0 :).

currentlz plazing 1.06b with mz imba lancer and a hydrasorc which turned out to be unplayable(it would be playable if the hydrashots go farther)

im planning a 95 1handed-hammer barb, with max +str on equip to go max vita+max lifeleech, which means most slots are occupied(gloves broc, helm wormskull, armor greyform)

rings i dont have yet(14 str is quite rar due to ilvl and belt is also quite rar)

the plan is "just dont rip" :D, which is quite likely as a lancer

The hydrasorc needs to go fetch some of the monsters to bring them in range. I later added points to blaze also, it works okay with hydra.

Later on, I tried Blizzard and it was like "Dooooh" It's so much better than both hydra+blaze. It was fun times tho!

I didn't try Orb in 1.06b... me wants respecs!

Casting like twenty or more blizzards in one place decimates everything so fast... the no casting delay rocks.

I guess that at the start I had more patience to have the hydras and blaze do the kill. The last time I played 1.06b I lacked that patience and I just used my free skill points. That and Fabian was complaining because he couldn't see the OK's projectiles because of all the fire ^^

i found a silk of the victor from a random river-monster :D
too bad i gambled it before :/

and my first dualleecher with not much besides it'

maybe i start a hammerdin to collect gear

i found a silk of the victor from a random river-monster :D
too bad i gambled it before :/

and my first dualleecher with not much besides it'

maybe i start a hammerdin to collect gear

I got silks as a quest drop from big D :p. Fortunately I hadn't tried to gamble it at that stage

sweet, i gambled a rattlecage and discovered it hasnt the "pink"ness on the char, makes it somehow more playable, maybe on a Java in cowlevel to get some skulls, added to the fact that cb doesnt work on bosses, really good for cow :D

Also to collect some white demonsashes (which are the best 4row belts IMO)

sweet, i gambled a rattlecage and discovered it hasnt the "pink"ness on the char, makes it somehow more playable, maybe on a Java in cowlevel to get some skulls, added to the fact that cb doesnt work on bosses, really good for cow :D

Also to collect some white demonsashes (which are the best 4row belts IMO)

yeah CB is really weird in this patch .....

:( whz not +2pala, but good anyways

gi7j4w3x.jpg

cs only, if i desperately need some skulls (to up them at potential shrines) the council.
thatswhy the wormskull for added leech and hand of broc (deminishes a little bit the IM)

i take then every 'big' armor and staffs&wands&scepters and gamble it up :)
i have a lenymo, higgins and hotties(+the jewlry) in stash for failed uniques and gamble mostly rings/amuletts + missing uniques (just for the 'i have it'-feeling xd )

i think of making him 95 instead of the unstarted barb, because hes already 81 1/2, but the rips are mostly when i have IM over me and can only hit already damaged guys(u only leech what u make effective dmg, but get dmg based on the theoretical dmg), sure i could play better, but that sucks time and nerves in face of those manasuckers.

the amulet was obv cubed, never got a good from dia (he drops the occasional rar!) only some good magics (well for my str/saving project :p )

the only char i plan to play not in the cs is a bowie dedicated for searching those ungambable uniques/sets like civerbs scepter etc cruising through the jungle.

LK-running with a sorc seems a nice idea too, since the chests there are like in later patches, so nice for rares

Ah I take it you are not playing HC then? I am too afraid to run CS with my barb due to IM ....

prolly 3/4 weeks distributed over some month^^
i play other games more
from 1-50 its basicly a couple of days, then you just lvl at cs hell (its easier then in later patches, was baron at 50)

@jcakes: nah, i couldnt cope with loosing an ultimate rar on some idiotic death :D
too much for my heart XD

I load up about 6 players in a game (for /players 6 and easy muling). My lancer then runs council and clears river of flame and flayer jungle. Selling same stuff as you obviously (making sure to repair for extra $).

I then gamble in a norm game with my level 1 Eunuch-Block din, who has biggins, tarn, hand of broc, treads, hotspur, gorefoot, greyform, blinkbats and nightsmoke. My barb has nagel and manald in his stash. I gamble for leather gloves, boots, heavy boots, caps, skull caps, quilted armour, leather armour, rings and belts.

Getting a good rare sash would just annoy me if I gambled one imo. I can't use a belt with so few potion slots.

I did what I think was my 40th level 29 imbue of a martel the other day. Still haven't gotten anything better than a 260 max damage marty with no other fun mods. Not much better than a good bonesnap :(

But my ring collection is getting pretty nasty now.

Show pic of your lance? And I know you're going for mass leach, but have you tried iceblink out? It feels so good having every monster explode into icy shards with every WW.

Last edited:
i tried iceblink indeed some time ago, didnt find the effect too helpful (im killing myself cuz of IM, iceblink doesnt fix that)
the lance is underaverage, but well only my 3rd(from the char himself) imbue, so i wont complin. 220 maxdmg
but with IM mabe ok that its low, monsters are still shred
at the moment i wear eldritchs eye, so ihave already a low cold-effect

yeah but sashes can be the death-set belt, so you can in theory gamble for ever (25k for 10 tries, 16-17k for death sash + 3k+ for selling the bad sashes)
I dont mind having a 2 row belt, its not very comfortable, but on a bowie/barb its only a quick way to get a pink drink intus :D and one is usally enough

Edit: now im lvl 82 :D
ripped 3 times just before i got it -.-
also gambeled some of the uniques i didnt have, like Threads of Cthon

Last edited:
Does anyone know if poison nova works at all in PVM in 1.06b?

I'm trying to think of a good use for my first nice rare ammy from this patch:

View attachment 4954

Otherwise it will probably end up on a low level sorc from 1.06b or 1.09 or 1.13, and I'll feel I'm wasting the pretty skill point.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High