The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

I voted for him by the nice method of looking at the list for people I've never played with, and thus feel less likely to be able to identify as playing differently than normal, and picking one at random, then voting for them without any reason given and seeing if anyone cared. Nobody did.

I cared. It's why I blind voted you. But you didn't respond, so that told me that your blind vote was as meaningless as mine on you.

He said he was new to it in the signup thread.

Ah, well, I was like the 2nd person to sign up, and didn't read the signup thread at all after I signed up, but fair enough. I wasn't aware that he was new. Anyways, it's the first day, I'm actually happy lynching anyone, since none of you seem especially scummy or townie, and I'm pretty sure no lynch days are just bad.

I cared. It's why I blind voted you. But you didn't respond, so that told me that your blind vote was as meaningless as mine on you.

Touche. I wasn't paying enough attention to the game at that point and didn't notice your response until too long after it for any response to really feel relevant, when really we should be trying to figure out who to lynch in the next 48 minutes.

Just wanted to make sure I'm not at risk for a mod kill. Not sure how enforced the rules are, but the rules say one has to make a contributing post at least every day or get tossed. I want to be killed proper!

Hmm. But why ask instead of just trying to contribute?

While I admit it would be a very extreme elimination to come up dead for not finishing the event, I'm going to assume for the time being that this, and future events, are merely storytelling elements and don't impact game play directly. At least until I see some evidence to the contrary.

BPC mentioned something about the winner/loser post actually being important. That may be related to getting over the wall, but maybe not. My gut says this matters, but I just don't know how.

Moar was quite perceptive in noting that my post threatened townies and mafia. A little more thought down that line of thinking should be enlightening I suppose.

Interesting. So you admit to threatening town? Or are you just claiming to be a neutral?

Apology accepted.

Now that is a change of tone.

Honestly don't have much to go on here. The one thing that triggered the biggest blip was logout's posting that he knew exactly what he was doing, and yet seemed to be looking for what the minimal contribution would be. Not much to go on, but the best that I see for today.

Unvote:pyrotechnician
Vote: logoutzero

Bolding mine.

See above. You don't see the double threat there? Try again. Think time thinking of Drixx as a very good writer.

I never accused Drixx as a bad writer, you are doing a poor job of reading. He warns mafia and town to not question him (the part you bolded), and states it is bad if town votes for him (right above your bold, ). There is no threat to either town or Mafia to "press" him . He can just ignore questions about his role.

And you can call it a chicken sandwich if you want, it doesn't make it anything other than a defense to the few votes you had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Interesting. So you admit to threatening town? Or are you just claiming to be a neutral?

I direct you to go read my post. Town aligned players would be giving up an advantage should they lynch me and the mafia have reason to be wary of me, especially should I stumble upon one of their identities.

I think you have the right rationalization for voting, although I can't help but feel like it might be a bit of taking advantage of an opportune target. In either case it does seem to be contradictory for a player to ask what constitutes acceptable contribution and then later stress that he knows precisely what he's doing. Then the pile on vote on me without any actual interaction with me or my posts seals it for me. Jumping onto a convenient vote train is scum 101. Taken all together, this feels like unsure scum play to me so:

Unvote: Moar
Vote: logoutzero

I never accused Drixx as a bad writer, you are doing a poor job of reading. He warns mafia and town to not question him (the part you bolded), and states it is bad if town votes for him (right above your bold, ). There is no threat to either town or Mafia to "press" him . He can just ignore questions about his role.

And you can call it a chicken sandwich if you want, it doesn't make it anything other than a defense to the few votes you had.

You still don't get what he is saying. He does not warn mafia about questioning him. He tells mafia to be afraid of him.

And why do you think I needed to defend myself after two votes, one of them being a random vote by logoutzero and one of them being from Drixx after I voted for him?

And there he is! GORYANI HAS MADE IT! It seems all of our contestants made it over the wall!

Congrats guys!

Day end in 18 minutes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

And why do you think I needed to defend myself after two votes, one of them being a random vote by logoutzero and one of them being from Drixx after I voted for him?

Here I go answering a question aimed at someone else again, but I think he was telling me that I could call it a chicken sandwich if I wanted but my post was a defense to the 2 or 3 votes that were on me. He's free to view it however he likes but a review of the last two games, in which I was mafia, would reveal that I don't respond to the joke voting phase as mafia.

If I didn't have such a useful pro-town role this game I wouldn't have made the post at all as it's generally best to ignore the early game chicanery.

Sorry, the defense part was directed at Drixx claiming he wasn't defending himself because he wasn't accused.

While I'm at it...

Gory: Why did you vote logoutzero? I really would like to know your reasoning. Specifically why him opposed to a no lynch D1.

Read logoutzero's posts except for post 151 (the third you quoted). Then read post 151. Claiming to know the inner workings of mafia strategy and also the claim of deliberate posting while thinking there is nothing worthwhile to talk about D1. Meanwhile, his other actions are not consistent with a townie knowing the inner workings of mafia strategy and deliberate posting. They are however, actions consistent with mafia. Mafia making posts but not saying anything that can be quoted at a later time and used for a case. The rest of his posts are talking about this wall thingy and wondering if he has contributed enough to not be mod killed (which means it's very likely he's wondering if he's contributed enough to be called a lurker). I read that as a guilty conscience.

A no lynch never occurred to me and I'm curious why you think the choice is between logoutzero and a no lynch. I rarely push for a no lynch. If I do, it's because I consider the person on the chopping block to be townie. This is not one of those cases.

Two reasons why I won't vote for logoutzero:

1) I don't see that he must be scum from what he posted. I didn't get any of the very few reasons posted. They seem constructed to me.

2) Gory voted for him without an analysis leading to a case and didn't respond to me asking why he did. He might not have been online which is a very solid excuse. Anyway, he has advocated a nolynch D1 before, but this game he just votes for the guy with some votes. Doesn't make sense for me. I would like to see that question to him reposted if I should not be around tomorrow.

Here I go answering a question aimed at someone else again, but I think he was telling me that I could call it a chicken sandwich if I wanted but my post was a defense to the 2 or 3 votes that were on me. He's free to view it however he likes but a review of the last two games, in which I was mafia, would reveal that I don't respond to the joke voting phase as mafia.

If I didn't have such a useful pro-town role this game I wouldn't have made the post at all as it's generally best to ignore the early game chicanery.

LAMIST! (Ps not serious)

Pointing out what you did last game is about the worst defense of an action that you could use. It just shows us you are aware of your normal style, giving you easy control to change it.

Two reasons why I won't vote for logoutzero:

1) I don't see that he must be scum from what he posted. I didn't get any of the very few reasons posted. They seem constructed to me.

2) Gory voted for him without an analysis leading to a case and didn't respond to me asking why he did. He might not have been online which is a very solid excuse. Anyway, he has advocated a nolynch D1 before, but this game he just votes for the guy with some votes. Doesn't make sense for me. I would like to see that question to him reposted if I should not be around tomorrow.

Why do you think logoutzero is town? Do you have any special reason, or are you just suspicious of those voting for him, which makes him look townie to you?

Read logoutzero's posts except for post 151 (the third you quoted). Then read post 151. Claiming to know the inner workings of mafia strategy and also the claim of deliberate posting while thinking there is nothing worthwhile to talk about D1. Meanwhile, his other actions are not consistent with a townie knowing the inner workings of mafia strategy and deliberate posting. They are however, actions consistent with mafia. Mafia making posts but not saying anything that can be quoted at a later time and used for a case. The rest of his posts are talking about this wall thingy and wondering if he has contributed enough to not be mod killed (which means it's very likely he's wondering if he's contributed enough to be called a lurker). I read that as a guilty conscience.

A no lynch never occurred to me and I'm curious why you think the choice is between logoutzero and a no lynch. I rarely push for a no lynch. If I do, it's because I consider the person on the chopping block to be townie. This is not one of those cases.

Ninja'ed while I was writing.

I still don't see it. It looks like pretty harmless D1 posts to me. You are new to the forum crowd. Maybe should have asked him if he has played mafia somewhere else before. Hmmm. Too late now. I'll ask that tomorrow if still available. I don't like 5 mins before deadline changes influenced by one post, so I will still not vote for him.

You have advocated nolynch D1 before and have said you thought that was better than a random lynch which D1 is. I don't remember which game it was, but it was after I started playing again and not one of the first ones.

I mean, it's D1. There's basically never a reason to lynch anyone in particular on D1. Just curious why this particular meaningless D1 lynch is something you're vocally opposed to?

Corrction:

*He's new to the forum crow*

*sigh* I hate not being able to edit! With a passion!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High