Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

When I say mafia, I specifically mean mafia. Generally I don't include other roles that would/could be anti-town, but that's what I think Sathoris is. The issue I'm having is why does Sathoris need/want to know this information? What possible roles that are pro-town would need this information? This is an honest question, I can't think of any off the top of my head. If there is a possible town role for the information he wants then I'd be more inclined to actually believe he is town. For now, I'll consider him anti-town.

I also don't think you're mafia since drawing this much attention to yourself seems like a bad play.

I call BS. When you said mafia, you meant all anti town roles. How can it be bad play for mafia specifically but not any other anti town role?

Vote: Phillinnicus

Anti-town ~= neutral in my opinion. If they have a choice for which side they can win with, then they're a liability in my eyes. It's not as bad a play for neutrals since lots of people don't mind them in a game since they believe they can trust them, while I on the other hand don't like loose ends and people who can betray you when it benefits them. That's why it's more of a bad play for mafia, since neutral roles don't have nearly as much to fear as mafia when drawing attention to themselves.

My understanding of Warhammer 40k is rather limited, but I'm not sure what significance character names could have in a game based on a tabletop war game. Tabletop war games are played with armies of un-named minatures, by and large, not named characters.

Perhaps Sath knows something I don't, but I really don't think it's likely to be a fruitful avenue of inquiry in this particular game.

Hmmmmm. I find this interesting. Gotta check something.

Pharphis vote on Drixx seems like a hail mary to save a lynch train on Phil.

However I am kind of weary about Drixx so I dunno. I think we can get some useful information from Phil. But everyone giving Sath a free pass is going off of...what two posts and crowning him townie? Puh-lease.

Unvote: Sathoris
Vote: Phillinnicus

I know this is incredibly convenient for me and all, but I have to pick up my girlfriend. I'll be back around 4:30 PM EST, which is 30 minutes before day end I think. If I am going to be locked, please hold until then if possible. I'll have to make a post then, don't worry, it's not going to be some WoT but just a response if I am going to be locked. It's in the town's interests to hold until then, so please do so.

It's not a great case, that why I haven't voted for him. They were though questions for sure. He skirted around some of my questions and ignored others though.

In actually can't remember the last time Sath was scum. So for now his play makes sense for what I've seen him do as town.

What questions did I skate or ignore? :) I'd like to clear up any uncertainty about that asap in case I forget.

Vote: Phillinicus His posts do seem scummiest, I guess. The last post about waiting until 30 minutes before the end of th day to lock him seems quite suspicious, possible last ditch effort to get us to mislynch? If he flips town I say tomorrow we look hard at the people who first pointed out the scumminess of his posts...honestly I wouldn't have noticed it myself if not for others pointing it out, though once I read through it it felt super scummy to me.

I don't know about Phill, his posts seem random thoughts, but I don't see this being anything different than his usual posting. If it's close to day end and we don't have a lynch yet, I'll put vote on Phill, even if it's only for information.

I want to hear a lot more from Sathoris of course, but a lynch on him may be hasty at this point.

My personal choices for a lynch would be Drixx or Jason Maher.

What questions did I skate or ignore? :) I'd like to clear up any uncertainty about that asap in case I forget.

Vote: Phillinicus His posts do seem scummiest, I guess. The last post about waiting until 30 minutes before the end of th day to lock him seems quite suspicious, possible last ditch effort to get us to mislynch? If he flips town I say tomorrow we look hard at the people who first pointed out the scumminess of his posts...honestly I wouldn't have noticed it myself if not for others pointing it out, though once I read through it it felt super scummy to me.

Look them up. I ask a question, and you don't give a real answer or ignore it completely. And that's not all my questions, just some.

I don't know about Phill, his posts seem random thoughts, but I don't see this being anything different than his usual posting. If it's close to day end and we don't have a lynch yet, I'll put vote on Phill, even if it's only for information.

I want to hear a lot more from Sathoris of course, but a lynch on him may be hasty at this point.

My personal choices for a lynch would be Drixx or Jason Maher.

I could go for drixx, our especially Jason, due to his must recent posts.

But in light of the above post I'm going for:

vote: iwanttousenumbersinmylynch

I don't like the lynch on phil anymore for today, but I would like to here what is in our best interest tomorrow. If he claims at -30 min then we have no chance for a different lynch, even if we wanted to.

I actually kind of agree with kegs. It seems like iwanttouse is kind of playing like me when I was mafia in my first game.

Vote: IwanttousenumbersinmyName

As things stand, I could see voting for Phil or Drixx. I do not believe Sath would be a good target for a lynch yet, but as others have said, I'd like to hear about why he wants names so bad. I also agree with dj about Numbers.

I too googled my name and like Drixx, I got a lot of variety, but most of mine seemed to be from non cannon sources like forum games and RPG type world building fan pages.

@ CG Would it be possible to put a link to that wiki in the first post so I dont need to go digging for it in the sign-up thread?

Anti-town ~= neutral in my opinion. If they have a choice for which side they can win with, then they're a liability in my eyes. It's not as bad a play for neutrals since lots of people don't mind them in a game since they believe they can trust them, while I on the other hand don't like loose ends and people who can betray you when it benefits them. That's why it's more of a bad play for mafia, since neutral roles don't have nearly as much to fear as mafia when drawing attention to themselves.

This is the first time you even mention neutral roles. This looks to me like you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole.

All I'm reading here is "Oh hey, a wagon, I'm going to jump on it and make it look like I'm scum hunting".

I'm willing to vote for either Phil or Numbers. I should be here for the remaining 30 minutes. Do I assume correctly that the player with most votes is lynched, regardless if it's not 50% of players alive? I don't see a required number of votes anywhere in the rules nor in the vote tally.

Look them up. I ask a question, and you don't give a real answer or ignore it completely. And that's not all my questions, just some.

Damn you making me do what I obviously didn't want to do, which was search through your comments and find the questions I missed(and there were a lot actually) and then search people to see who had contributed the least.

Top 3 lurkers, based on posts since D1 started alone, or lack thereof? Jcakes, Zauper, CDM

Additional information D1: Whatever investigative roles have managed to get going, and evidence of people pushing for other peoples lynches. What you do with the information depends entirely on the results of investigatinos.

I think I answered the question about lurkers being scum vs them being vt. VT have less to go off of to push for specific actions than an investigative role, and they have less they can do, ex. no vig shots or anything, to figure out where to aim, so I'd feel they would be more likely to be quiet than a power role. Most lurkers are probably VT, now that I think about it...but in a mafia group, it seems likely that one of them would just lurk so when the end game comes around there's less information to pull when we're deciding between them and a lurking vt.

I think that's all of them?

I'm actually not certain at all about the philinnicus vote, but since I guess it seems better to lynch than not lynch, I'll support it?

"Pain is an illusion of the senses; despair is an illusion of the mind."

Phillinnicus (5): Sathoris (208); Drixx (214); ThunderCat (242); Bad Ash (245); Numbers (247)
Numbers (2): kestegs (249); djmbbandie (250)
Sathoris (1): Jason Maher (240), [STRIKE]Bad Ash (156/213); Phillinicus (209/234); Bad Ash (213/245);[/STRIKE]
Drixx (1): pharphis (229)
Bad Ash (0): [STRIKE]Sathoris (152/208)[/STRIKE]
Gwaihir (0): [STRIKE]pharphis (190/229)[/STRIKE]

25 minutes remain.

This is the first time you even mention neutral roles. This looks to me like you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole.

All I'm reading here is "Oh hey, a wagon, I'm going to jump on it and make it look like I'm scum hunting".

I'm willing to vote for either Phil or Numbers. I should be here for the remaining 30 minutes. Do I assume correctly that the player with most votes is lynched, regardless if it's not 50% of players alive? I don't see a required number of votes anywhere in the rules nor in the vote tally.

Not going to deny that my vote is almost entirely just jumping on the wagon, with a tiny bit of justification based on the contradiction of voting for someone while stating that you don't think they're scum. Not much else to go off of.

I'm back. I'm not sure what to say since I've said what I said, if people still wish to vote me then feel free to do so. The 30 minute thing was just going to be me revealing my role and all that before dying, it wasn't supposed to be some cheap trick. I'll be around for the rest of the day phase.

I don't like your response (after telling us it's in our best interests), but it does feel townish to me.

With only minutes left in the day and no one really near a lynch, will we get one? Every game where it's brought up there's always the discussion of "as town must we lynch no matter what?" And at this point in this game, I don't know.

Tell me what you saw in the bunker. Tell me the truth.

Is what we see with our eyes real, Inquisitor? Can we rely upon our senses for the truth? Or is the truth deeper, beyond what we can perceive? I'll tell you what I saw, but I can't guarantee it was the truth.

Carmine took point, with Dios and Quintos supporting him. They both carried personal flamers, and held them up at the ready. I remember Carmine boldly striding down the hallway, as if the Emperor himself was at his back supporting him. Was he that sure of his comrades, or simply just unafraid of death?

From further down the hallway, we heard a blast door open. The hinges sounded like wailing banshees, and the echoes reverberated throughout the bunker's halls. The screeching continued... and continued... and continued, far longer than what a door should open for. It had a sobering, terrifying effect upon us. Only the Commissar kept us from breaking ranks.

Then it came for us. The first of many. It was a hideous thing, warped and twisted. A multitude of colours ran across its nearly translucent body, mostly pinks and blues and oranges. It stood almost seven feet tall, had no discenerable feet and floated along the ground silently. Its arms were misshapen, with thin, spindly forearms and large, bulbous appendages where hands should be. Its face looked like a jackal, with jaws that could snap a bone with ease and eyes that glittered with inner fire.

We saw the beast, listened as it screamed at us. We watched terrified as it bounded down the hallway, and flames sprouted from the arms.

Instinct and training took over, and four dozen lasguns cracked in unison before any one of us even had a chance to process the sight we were seeing. Imperial training is excellent for at least one thing: We know how to kill things that aren't human. Dios and Quintos added their fire to the mix, and it blended with the flames emanating from the monster. A cacophony of lights, heat, and sulfur washed over us.

The next few moments were a blur. Dios was dead. Quintos was badly burned, but would live. The daemon, for what else could it be?, was also dead. Emperor be praised, but it was barely recognizable. It had been turned into a vivid, bright puddle of goo.

That screaming though - it hadn't stopped. It had only intensified, as if the entire Outpost had awoken to our transgression and meant to punish us for it.

At that point, we noted that Carmine had gone missing.

-----------------

A no-lynch has occurred. Nobody has died.

It is now Night Two. It will last for 48 hours, and Day Two will occur on Monday at 5:00pm EST. Please have night actions submitted at least an hour before that time.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High