Pharphis's 75K /p3 AT run thread - Help needed!

For the record, i'm going to do a flat approximation that my frost nova sorc (dead) and frost maiden (boring) have done about 500 runs between them, bringing me to 14k.

Next in line: either Blova, frost nova again, MAYBE straight blizzard, Conc barb like Kimppi's, OR another FoHer because I miss him dearly and want a hax staff :p

If I can survive about 12k each that'll bring me to 75k total (lol)

For the record, i'm going to do a flat approximation that my frost nova sorc (dead) and frost maiden (boring) have done about 500 runs between them, bringing me to 14k.

Next in line: either Blova, frost nova again, MAYBE straight blizzard, Conc barb like Kimppi's, OR another FoHer because I miss him dearly and want a hax staff :p

If I can survive about 12k each that'll bring me to 75k total (lol)

You have nice patience with this! Even though there seem to have been couple of deeds now and then ;)

Good luck with future projects :)

Btw has anyone rough idea how much /p1 AT runs one need between 96-97? Killing only bosspacks that is. Iv'e about 5.6 bosspacks on my current map. And what about 95-96? That I'll probably going to be able to figure out myself too, as I just recently leveled my AT blizzer to 95 :)

^You pretty much double the number of runs per level up. Umm, iirc it is 4k p1 runs for 95-96.
8k for 96-97
15k for 97-98
60k for 99? I don't remember exactly but there are some numbers in the 99 theorycrafting thread where I based my goal on.

I THINK it was 150k total at p1, so cut it in half for 75k at p3.

Did you ever try a singer with a lawbringer/Azurewrath maybe? Did your novamancer every run any? I suddenly have a want to create characters that cast in circles around me...

No novamancer yet, but that seems like a good idea. Such a fun char. Only 1 poison immune? I'll have to look at res.

Singer might also be fun! That also gives the hork ability...

^You pretty much double the number of runs per level up. Umm, iirc it is 4k p1 runs for 95-96.
8k for 96-97
15k for 97-98
60k for 99? I don't remember exactly but there are some numbers in the 99 theorycrafting thread where I based my goal on.

I THINK it was 150k total at p1, so cut it in half for 75k at p3.

Okies. Thanks. 97 sounds like a neat level to achieve in AT with my Blizzer. Until 95 it has been fun and easy so far. :)

Did you ever try a singer with a lawbringer/Azurewrath maybe? Did your novamancer every run any? I suddenly have a want to create characters that cast in circles around me...

Novamancers are fun! I probably can't resist making one when that one certain wand drops ;)

I'll leave the other 50k runs for someone else ^^

Waiit, you are only doing the 75k runs because someone already did them? :p

I'll leave the other 50k runs for someone else ^^

Waiit, you are only doing the 75k runs because someone already did them? :p
I said MAYBE! In other words no :p

What did you run council with?

i'm only still on AT because I'm missing Tyrael's and I have a stupid thread about 75k :/

I took my Pitbarb, switched out the 6Ist off-hand Phase Blade and replaced it with an Azurewrath, and changed nothing else. As it turns out, this is a very good AT runner, who could be optimized further I'm sure. 1pt Concentrate handles the MI dudes reasonably well, if a little slowly, and Azurewrath ensures they die even if they're PI/MI.

I don't know if there's a reason to choose a Berserker hybrid over a Concentrator if making a dedicated AT Barb, but it's something to consider maybe. The other monster types sure do die fast. Of course, HC is scary so I dunno if I'd recommend it really. Certainly not the way I build my characters heh. Either way, it sounds like it's kinda far down the list, so no need to worry about it yet.

ps Frost Nova <3

I took my Pitbarb, switched out the 6Ist off-hand Phase Blade and replaced it with an Azurewrath, and changed nothing else. As it turns out, this is a very good AT runner, who could be optimized further I'm sure. 1pt Concentrate handles the MI dudes reasonably well, if a little slowly, and Azurewrath ensures they die even if they're PI/MI.

I don't know if there's a reason to choose a Berserker hybrid over a Concentrator if making a dedicated AT Barb, but it's something to consider maybe. The other monster types sure do die fast. Of course, HC is scary so I dunno if I'd recommend it really. Certainly not the way I build my characters heh. Either way, it sounds like it's kinda far down the list, so no need to worry about it yet.

ps Frost Nova <3

Do you believe that further optimized build with an excellent map could get anywhere near to your Pitbarb in terms of efficiency? At least AT runs could be done faster but maybe Pit is still superior because of more bosspacks etc...

Grape,

I think the Pit is better than AT for "perfect" Barbs. A bit of that has to do with kill speed (I may be mistaken here, but I think the Concentrate or the Berserk/Concentrate hybrids will 1-hit kill bosses a smaller percentage of the time), a bit has to do with safety (AT seems to be a slightly more dangerous place leading to more Rejuvs being drunk/picked up), a bit has to do with lower MF (Azurewrath over 6Ist PB type consideration) and a bit has to do with boss pack density (a larger map with the same relative boss pack density means more time spent teleporting from boss to boss and less time S&E/opening new game/running in the Rogue Encampment/teleing from waypoint to dungeon entrance). I wouldn't expect the difference to be super huge, but this is what my thoughts are based on limited AT testing.

Mostly though it's just that I think the Magic Immunes will just take longer if you're a hybrid, and otherwise Berserk is just a better skill than Concentrate.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts. I'll definitely have to fire up a barb at some point (hopefully not distant) in the future to do pits/tunnels myself, too. I believe I've most of the equipment needed for a moderate runner.

Doing AT with a blizzer is so easy and quite relaxing. Let's hope it's the same with barb in pits/at, I'm sure it will take some time to get used to it though. From my somewhat small experience in running those two areas I just for some reason like AT (as an area) more. I don't know why is that :D

Re: Pharphis's 75K AT run thread - Help needed!

Several people have said it's very attention intensive, so likely not the most relaxing choice :p

However I want to try it too at some point. Thanks for your thoughts, fabian

Berserker is probably more relaxing of the two, to be honest. There's so much more room for error with Howl, higher HP, and generally unthreatening enemies. Blizzard sorceress is a bit easier on the fingers though. It just depends if you want to run at breakneck pace.

My new untwinked blova sorc found a gull in normal Tristram. I think she'll probably join this (if she makes hell). currently in the Outer Cloister.

So did the OP ever deliver with 75k runs?

Just bumping this to have a post somewhere convenient saying that I've now done about 23k runs, across multiple characters (some of these are pit runs but I'm counting them towards the same goal since pit runs contain more bosspacks anyway)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High