Mafia game thread

Interesting. I didn't think that Laarz was referring to CG and I. I take it you disagree with my analysis?

@Laarz - Do you disagree with my analysis of CG?

No I don't Goryani, but I haven't read past this post yet to answer more than that. I had a RL situation yesterday but thing should be better today, I need to read on from this to catch up.

Goryani's analysis of Caluin is enough to get my vote. A no-lynch day would be terrible.

Did you agree with that analysis before you voted Valhauros earlier? Did your opinion of Valhauros raise or did your opinion of CG lower since the Val vote?

I'm one of the listed characters as well. I think we need to get a handle of this as early as possible so we know what's going on and to be able to at least partially prevent mafia claiming different roles.

I propose a half-claim: we all say whether or not we are a listed character. I get the feeling that TC was on the right track. Hell, I'll do a full claim for now. W/ only my phone I'm having a hard time to check up on this thread.

I'm Harry. I currently have no abilities (yes that's what the pm said - and more, I'll copy paste next post). I did NOT receive another pm.

I'm one of the listed characters as well. I think we need to get a handle of this as early as possible so we know what's going on and to be able to at least partially prevent mafia claiming different roles.

I propose a half-claim: we all say whether or not we are a listed character. I get the feeling that TC was on the right track. Hell, I'll do a full claim for now. W/ only my phone I'm having a hard time to check up on this thread.

I'm Harry. I currently have no abilities (yes that's what the pm said - and more, I'll copy paste next post). I did NOT receive another pm.
You are Harry Adams. You’re on this mission because you’re a young and intelligent mathematician. You are likely going to be the most important person on this expedition. However, you’re also very arrogant, unsympathetic, disdainful, and often uncooperative with the others. While very secure intellectually, you tend to be lacking emotionally due to isolation.

Currently you have no abilities other than your rationale.

--------

That's the PM I received. I was worried because it fit in with Harry being scummy, I thought, but since I received no other pm I felt it smart to post this.

I'm a little reluctant to claim this early, but it seems like more than 4 have already claimed to be one of the 4, so I think there may be something there.

I am also one of the 4.

Since we have a full claim, I'll go ahead and post this:

Sathoris said:
Norman Johnson.

You are Norman Johnson. You’ve been called on this mission as a psychologist to keep an eye on the rest of the team. The other scientists don’t share your concern that having a psychologist in a deep underwater habitat is important. You are arguably the most level-headed of the group, though even you exhibit moments of irrationality.

Currently you have no abilities other than your calmness.

Main Chars:
pharphis - Harry
zokar - Norman
kestegs - ???

Other Chars:
malevolent - xxx

Can't see why the full claims are necessary, I really don't agree with it. I am in the main four though, and can full claim if necessary.

Main Chars:
pharphis - Harry
zokar - Norman
kestegs - ???
martinLong - ???

Other Chars:
malevolent - xxx

Can't see why the full claims are necessary, I really don't agree with it. I am in the main four though, and can full claim if necessary.

Well, I guess it may not actually be needed right now. If we do get another claim of a main character, then it would prove quite interesting. Or, if you see a conflict with your character and a listed one... could be interesting...

At this point, I see no other alternative but a lynch on me. Here's why.

I'm also Norman. My PM reads, word for word, exactly like Zokar's. So I know he's telling the truth. However, nobody but myself can confirm me (since he claimed first), so the only way to see if I'm telling the truth or not is to lynch me.

At this point, I see no other alternative but a lynch on me. Here's why.

I'm also Norman. My PM reads, word for word, exactly like Zokar's. So I know he's telling the truth. However, nobody but myself can confirm me (since he claimed first), so the only way to see if I'm telling the truth or not is to lynch me.

I see your point, but disagree on those grounds. I still really believe that we are facing some sort of recruiting element. It's entirety possible that you are both town right now at least. I also believe that you both got the same pm, mine is not Harry, but the wording and style are very close, just with a different subject.

Other than your current analysis I've got nothing. Also the distancing case is based on day 1 spam, so how reliable is that for actual evidence? Not very.

He inferred that since you were "distancing" that I must have thought that you were both scum, which could be the case, but its unlikely based on what have been posted so far. Keg's overeargerness and nonspaminess, as well as Mal's generally scummy posts are much more likely canidates.

Maybe you were, or maybe you weren't but like I said before its based on Day 1 spam so it probably doesn't hold much merit.

Nice avoiding. Or not, since I'm calling you on it. Did you consider CG to be scummy when you agreed with Laarz about someone distancing from someone else. Who did you think was doing the distancing? Who did you think was being distanced?

Oh, I totally missed Zokar's pm post. I thought cg was talking about pharphis.

I am also Norman, with a verbatim pm.

If multiple people are the same character name, future claiming could get as weird as it did in the Cheers game (w/ 3 cops, there was a lot of disbelief in the claims). Character names could be rendered useless if this is the case as it wouldn't be impossible to have two or three 'Harrys'.

Just a thought.

Mafia killing someone N1 means they can fake claim the victim's role the rest of the game. Claiming a role doesn't constitute "proof" anyone is actually that role. I don't see much difference this game.

Did you agree with that analysis before you voted Valhauros earlier? Did your opinion of Valhauros raise or did your opinion of CG lower since the Val vote?

While I did agree with it, what clinched my vote for Caluin Graye was the fact that Caluin Graye did not respond to your analysis at all. I realise Twilight may have ended before he could respond but there was nothing stopping him from addressing the analysis on Day 1. It seemed to me that he was trying to draw as less attention to it as possible, hoping that no momentum was built.

Valhauros explained himself over the "lynching spammers". My opinion of Caluin Graye has lowered since my vote on Valhauros.

This is getting really interesting. So we have 2x Harry and 2x Norman so far. If we asume that one of them turns evil, shouldn't Harry already have turned since he entered the sphere last night?

I was wrong there. Looks like 3 claimed Norman and only one Harry. I'm confused.

This is getting really interesting. So we have 2x Harry and 2x Norman so far. If we asume that one of them turns evil, shouldn't Harry already have turned since he entered the sphere last night?

I only counted one Harry (unless you're claiming you are?) and three Normans.

While I did agree with it, what clinched my vote for Caluin Graye was the fact that Caluin Graye did not respond to your analysis at all.

Why would I bother? His analysis was based on opinion, and it's pointless to argue against someone's opinion. People who defend themselves from every little poke and prod waste the town's time. Continuing scum hunting is the better alternative, as it keeps pressure on the scum and gives the town something to work off of should you get lynched.

Also, I did breadcrumb my Norman role. When I answered Coju's question about my age, I stated I was born in 1937. That's the year Dustin Hoffman was born, who played Norman in the movie.

I was wrong there. Looks like 3 claimed Norman and only one Harry. I'm confused.

Yeah, I assume one of them is full of it. I'm much more inclined due to my previous actions against Kestegs to believe he is full of it. I have no real way to prove any of it of course, so we'll just have to see how this plays out.

That's what I thought, but I didn't get a pm, so I thought it was best I claim. Didn't really expect others to have the exact same pm. . . This I think proves very well that it's a recruiting element of some kind. Perhaps it begins tonight?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High