Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

Huh? How did you jump to that? I would think a SK would be way more likely.

This is a good question. They seem to commonly show up as anti-town as well.

Okay, I didn't know that. I've yet to have the chance of being a cop and receiving results myself.

MartinLong, are you able to tell us what words were used to describe the result?
anti-town, guilty, etc?

I wanted things with Gory to play out before I expressed my thoughts on him. Solar has already started, so I thought it was a good time to back him up in his thoughts.

I did say that I wasn't keen on any of the other major lynch considerations at that time (you, kestegs, moar?), aside from Mal (which has now changed, of course). I wonder if I had come out then if i would have been considered your scum buddy :p
that may be why Solar waited, as well.

Why did you wait, solar? or were these newer thoughts? I guess they probably were since you were going pretty hard at kestegs yesterday.

Ah yes. Another player saying they thought ML was scum but conveniently didn't have a vote. And not wanting to accuse me while the MartinLong vote was still going on for fear that you would be considered scummy? Someone is talking out of multiple sphincters.

Thought on ML and Goryani:

I am really not sure here. I agree that Gory seemed to be a less analytical than normal, and was slightly suspicious in my book. On the other hand, to me it seemed like ML was playing to a failed lynch by not claiming until the end of the day after he was locked - almost as if he wanted to get lynched and knew it would fail. Just smells too convenient to me. The strike against Goryani is the lack of vote against omg: you wanted to keep him around for informational purposes Gory, did you actually learn anything? When it comes down to it though, I think it is best to test Goryani first. If he comes back as town, ML needs to get a serious look.

Still think omg needs to go, has not changed since yesterday.

Vote 1: Goryani
Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

What struck me odd, is how everyone accepted Martin's claim as set in stone. I for one don't trust him. At all.

He showed one of worst played Cops ever to date, by letting him get locked and not claiming (and somehow managing to survive lynch - now I don't know about pro town roles to keep lynch from happening, or at least I haven't ever seen them, but I bloody do know there are anti town examples in mafia games where they would have temp lynch immunity), by not wanting to share info with town and town needing to bash info from him, by his claim being opportunistic when Larz asked "you claim cop Martin?" he decided to go with flow and claimed after he got locked (now dunno if it was pro town or anti town safe, but that role is already in gray zone even if town).

To me this all chain of events looked like Martin was pretty sure he would get killed (and prevented) so he used Cop claim as lovely way to stay in game longer. And considering Martin drew some attention on himself it wouldn't be out of window for scum to pull something like that.

Martin, you look scum in my book that set everything up (with help of moar, I'm not really sure, would need to observe your convo more) until someone claims pro town lynch preventer (what I don't think would happen and probably shouldn't considering role can be used to greater success if it's not only one/limited use per game).

Now you say Gory got scum results, ok I'll go with that cause guilty results are easy to check. And I think we will deal with omg today, at least on my part (in retrospect I probably should have voted yesterday for omg and not sticking to my logic but I didn't imagine there would be so much possible V#2 candidates today).

Anyway...

Vote 1: Goryani

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

Additionally, I'd like to hear from the seven people who decided to not cast a Vote 2 on omgwtfbbqpwned. These people include:
Goryani
Malevolent
frozzzen
nulio
flubbucket
coju
Uraj

Why did each of you decide that a lynch on a claimed non-town player should not happen? A couple of you have stated your reasoning in the past. I would consider it a personal favour if you would please state that reason again, for posterity.
I think there is NO WAY omg gets lynched without mafia being willing participants. If it's what they want, I don't want it.

Ah yes. Another player saying they thought ML was scum but conveniently didn't have a vote. And not wanting to accuse me while the MartinLong vote was still going on for fear that you would be considered scummy? Someone is talking out of multiple sphincters.
Nowhere in that post you quoted or ever did I say I that I thought ML was scum. In that post I said I thought Mal was scum, and NOT kestegs or ML.
By following my line of thought with everything else in that post you should have got the same feeling for what I meant by that sentence, too.
Was my wording poor or were you the only one to misread this?

Can you describe to us how omg was doing more scumhunting than anyone? He was suspicious of Noodle, and yet every one of his posts were about his role but one and the post where he votes. That doesn't justify him being around when we lost nothing by lynching him, especially as late in the day as you came in and failed to act!

Uraj said "more scumhunting than a fair amount of others" and not "more scumhunting than anyone." He's right.

Hmm.. Martin is claiming a guilty result on Goryani, should we go with vote1 or vote2 for him? I expect since Eddy was mentioned in last night's story that Martin is who he said he is.
Last night's story also mentioned that Cliff (Sathoris) was involved.

What struck me odd, is how everyone accepted Martin's claim as set in stone. I for one don't trust him. At all.

While I agree his play was weird, as I've heard in several games, doubting the cop without good reason is an instant sign of scumminess. Yes, it seems somewhat convenient, but what a few have stated (like Gory just did, though I suppose you didn't read the SP game) there could be another role that saved him, like the Lawyer in the SP game.

Aside from his weird behaviour and random surviving, there is no reason to doubt him, and I think as a town the best thing to do is assume he is as he claims until one of his results doesn't match up. He's confirmed both a townie and a mafia member, so it's not like he didn't give us a quick way to check.

@Gory,
If mafia know there is an SK (and they should by now, shouldn't they?) they would want to lynch omg as well.

While I agree his play was weird, as I've heard in several games, doubting the cop without good reason is an instant sign of scumminess. Yes, it seems somewhat convenient, but what a few have stated (like Gory just did, though I suppose you didn't read the SP game) there could be another role that saved him, like the Lawyer in the SP game.

Aside from his weird behaviour and random surviving, there is no reason to doubt him, and I think as a town the best thing to do is assume he is as he claims until one of his results doesn't match up. He's confirmed both a townie and a mafia member, so it's not like he didn't give us a quick way to check.

@Gory,
If mafia know there is an SK (and they should by now, shouldn't they?) they would want to lynch omg as well.

Yeah I know doubting cop smells of scum, however Martin made too many mistakes in this game to warrant free pass ticket. Bottom line is - he played outright bad or outright scum, set up entire weird stuff yesterday and survived.

You say "Aside from his weird behaviour and random surviving"? People have been lynched for much less in these games. And to add there is equal chance of him being town protected and scum protected. He wasn't even surprised that he survived... (or at least I didn't catch that part so I might be wrong).

It doesn't add up for him to be legit cop in my book. Anyway, there is no point in beating dead horse as everything will be clear once we see how lynch on Gory flips.

And, in future quote my entire post cause you eat entire substance and reasoning behind me pointing at Martin making it look like I just pointed at cop without anything else to say. There might be lazy people in this thread that will make this post look bad due to your misquote. Tnx.

@Gory, I don't see how Solar is accusing you there, unless there is more to it that you didn't quote. Yes, he expected more from you, which is why he turned to thinking you're scum, but I don't think that what he said there is blame for our potential loss at all.
Read the entire post. The fact that he thinks the town is in immediate danger of a loss after N1 sounds plausible to you?

Care to explain how both you and Solar can be scum this game but want each other dead? If you have no doubt about his alignment then you should place a vote, too.
I can't explain that, but I can explain why scum would want to accuse a townie. As for placing the vote, sometimes it's best to see how far and wide the conspiracy reaches.

So your against lynching the only person has claimed they aren't town?

I cant decide if you and him are scum budies, or your scum and wanting to keep him around to improve your win chances. Either way he HAS to go. And i will vote2 you next.

In case you didnt notice, OMG was less than useless last game and got another townie killed because of it. Do you want that to happen again?

Look. Yet another player blaming someone for what happened in other games.

Day 1 or 2 are the best times for us to get vote 2 through by letting some mafia (maybe autti?) act as town and use it to secure a lynch.

Just so everyone knows, you are aware of the vote numbers, but you instead think mafia will voluntarily vote one of their own, on D1 or D2, just so they look townie.

@frozzzen,
Sorry for not quoting it all. I originally only intended on a 1-line answer,a nd hate having to scroll past everything for reading, but it turned out to be a bigger response in the end. My quote was immediately after yours, so I sort of also just assumed whoever read my post would remember yours.

@Gory,
While I don't think we can be losing THAT fast, I think his point was that with having already lost a cop (and then another we thought) that the game would be balanced so as to favor the mafia at this point. So no, I don't think we're close to losing, but we had a very bad start by missing out on some investigations immediately.
As I said before, though, I still don't see how in his post he blames you for this.

Just so everyone knows, you are aware of the vote numbers, but you instead think mafia will voluntarily vote one of their own, on D1 or D2, just so they look townie.

Just so everyone knows, if you flip scum this is great indication that frozzzen (or others of course) is scum and this is your attempt at hiding it. If this wasn't planned last night it sure wouldn't be too hard to come up with on the spot.

@Gory,
Do you think Thy would put a vote 2 mechanic that requires greater than 75% of the votes if there was at least 25% mafia?
Yes. Mafia win by tricking town into doing something that benefits mafia. It's not unlike the "Vote: No Lynch" mechanic of the WoT game or the "Shoot:" mechanic of Copper Canyon game. There are probably other examples but those are the two that stand out to me. Every game mechanic can be used and abused by mafia. Players need to stop thinking something new is put there just to benefit only one side. It can definitely benefit mafia if used incorrectly. It may benefit town, but only through proper use. Using it just to see what happens isn't proper use.

it seems kind of silly to make the vote only useful in the case that mafia screw up the first few nights miraculously, and the town gets lucky with their lynches.
You're forgetting the second killer. I expect to see some mafia show up dead as a result of night kills.

Your nit-picking with the claimed cop just seems like a really long-shot at preventing your lynch for the day, by casting doubt on him. That's what I get out of this, at least.
I'm being accused of not scum hunting and worse. I have to point out exactly the scum hunting I did yesterday, why it resulted in my ML vote, and why the issue shouldn't be swept under the rug like some are trying to do.

I just assumed SK would show as neutral, because they aren't town or mafia. I admit that I don't actually know for sure, though.

Has anyone else ever witnessed this happening before? If no one knows for sure, is there reason to believe any different?

If a SK is in the game, a cop will generally receive a guilty or not guilty result as opposed to town/mafia. However, SK's didn't used to be called neutrals so who knows (they are absolutely, positively NOT neutral).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High