Pindlethon 6

redragon

Apr 16, 2012
Hey Everybody.

Recently I read about previous Pindlethon's, and tried out a personal one for myself and posted the results.

Previous Pindlethons

Pindlethon 5
Pindlethon 4
Pindlethon 3
Pindlethon 2
Pindlethon 1

My Personal Pindlethon

I noticed that the last Pindlethon hosted by Cygnus was held in 2009 and thus I offered my services to host another. Enough intrest was garnered to warrent this thread, (tho in truth, one person interested would have been enough, I'm addicted :crazyeyes:).

So with credit to Cygnus and Hrus, for the first five, and because I copied thier rules :whistling:, here is Pindelthon 6.

Rules

1) Count your Pindleskin runs. Stop when you reach 2000.

2) The Tourney starts 7-7-2012 and ends 4th August 2012 **local time zone**

3) You can use any player settings.

4) After you finish 2K runs or after the deadline, you should post your best 5 items with full readouts. It could be uniques, jewels, runes, rares, magic items, whatever you choose. The voting for winner will be based on these 5 items.

5) The winner is the one who gets the most votes from other participants for the best items (depends on usefulness and rarity), only tourney participants would have completed at least 1000 runs can vote.

6) The prize: SPF immortality. Bragging rights. And everyone gets to keep the items you find.

7) Only items from Pindleskin and his minions count, not the items from corpses in the garden. In other words, ilvl 86 items only. Horked items do not count (but horkers are welcome to participate: you get to keep the items after all)

8) Only accepted versions are 1.09,1.10,1.11,1.12 and 1.13. Only accepted mods are RWM, RRM. FE mod is not acceptable, and also drop mods and other. Only legit characters. You can use different characters if you want. Other versions may enter, but these cannot be voted for as winner.

9) Final result must be posted in this thread latest by August 6th, again local time. Voting will commence August 8th, local time and will go on until August 12th, or until everyone has voted. Votes will then be tallied in a day or so.

10) Voters will name 3 participants, in order of preference. Top participant gets 3 points, next best gets 2 and the third in the list gets 1 point. Points will be added up and the one with the most is the winner. A tie would mean joint winners.

11) You are strongly encouraged to post your finds as you go along. The Pindlethon doesn't use a scoring system like the MFOs, so there's no telling whether a particular find is going to get someone votes. Posting finds tends to encourage everyone.

12) You may sign-up for this tournament at any time, but you only have until the posted closure date (August 4th) to complete your runs.

For those that aren't familiar with updating the scoring/tracking table on their own, nubikoen wrote a very nice guide here
. Please read it and give it a try.

Credits / thanks and acknowledgements to:
Hrus
Cygnus
Nubikoen
Lord Vega
Sirpoopsalot

Last edited:
Code:
Forum Name                      Runs    MF      Build          Version
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ReDragon                        0       504     Blizzard        1.13

Code:
Forum Name                   Runs        MF     Build        Version
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
ReDragon                        0       504     Blizzard        1.13 
Jason Maher                     0         0     Multishot       1.13

Entering with my Multishot Zon. 2000 runs should provide a nice chunk of experience. I may re-equip her, but at the moment in her CS running gear she has 0 MF.

There's a couple of typos in your post. I believe "Once accepted mods are RWM, RRM." should read "Only accepted mods are RWM, RRM.". Also, in rule 12 you say the end date is August 6th, but up the top in big, bold type you say it's August 4th.

I was going to participate in this. Partly I want to use my up and coming FoH pally, but that will have to wait since he is new and in mp, so I don't want to rush him there. I'll probably bring in my blizz sorc that I used in the mfo, Shuckle!
Maybe I'll throw in some AT to break up the monotony?
Code:
[FONT=courier new]Forum Name                   Runs        MF     Build        Version[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]ReDragon                        0       504     Blizzard        1.13 [/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]Jason Maher                     0         0     Multishot       1.13
[/FONT][FONT=courier new]Pharphis                        0         0     Blizzork        1.13
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I only just started my blizz sorc, but I'm definitely up for this if I can get her ready in time!
This. Just deleted my hc chars/stashes except for Okay_USA and some gear (Plus some of the lvl 75+s I have... like, 4?).

When this metorb gets to running pindy on the 6th, y'all better be ready on the 7th!

A Pindlethon (or any serious MF tournament) with no horking? wat

The previous Pindlethon has had no horking and it is because it is a fixed run tournament. If you allow horking barbs essentially get 1.5 times the number of runs as everyone else.

I also have a sorceress currently baking. She probly won't be ready for Pindle by the 7th, unless I call my boss and tell him i'm sick until august 4th. But I'll try to join ASAP.

I actually changed my mind as I've been looking or the motivation to level this guy to at least 89. I assume 2k will bring me closer to 93? (I'm 85 I think)
Code:
[FONT=courier new]Forum Name                   Runs        MF     Build        Version[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]-----------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]ReDragon                        0       504     Blizzard        1.13 [/FONT]
[FONT=courier new]Jason Maher                     0         0     Multishot       1.13
[/FONT][FONT=courier new]Pharphis                        0         0     Singer          1.13
[/FONT]

Heh I guess you're right Jcakes, guess those tournaments were before my time, mostly. Crazy stuff.

Now I have even more motivation to level up my barb. I'm definitely joining as soon he's ready.

Can a fishy run pindy ok? hes the only character ive got in hell and currently parked in the black marsh and i really really wanna have a go

@pharphis

I leveled my Necro from 90 - 91 doing about 1200 runs, although I had a death within the first 100 or so, was still on p8 after playing another character and got ping ponged. So you should get a couple of levels at least.

@ Twibz

I started off with a Necro, just ran to the portal, ran to the last of the pillars outside, then used a tele ammy charge to jump into the entryway, which brought my merc with me, and was still out of range of Pindle's group's charge, (might take a little practice) then threw the glay golem into the mix, waited for a corpse to use corpse explosion a couple of times, all done. Doable in 30 secs, a little longer if Pindle is Physical Immune.

I had the Reapers Toll on my merc, but an 'Insight' would do the trick as well I think.

I enter with my LF zon. She doesn't have MF gear yet, so the next days will have to be spent at Mephy with the sorc. :)

I have the same problem as others: too close to a restart. Shame.

GL to all though. As always, I look forward to the haul pics!

EM

yeah i can see the viability now but ive got too much to do with progressing more characters on and gathering a decent set of gear for other mf characters, i think i'll wait til the next MFO or something

I was planning to hit LK hard, but I can get my 85 blizz sorc to pindle quickly from where I am. I will update the table when im not on my phone.

gonna participate with the druid "pivo". probably windy first and maybe later FC-bear and/or fury. no idea how much mf...maybe 350-400

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High