The WoT Mafia Game

Re: The WoT Mafia Game

Of the two people to vote for I feel better voting Ankeli than Drixx

Vote: Ankeli

Vote: Ankeli

Eh, part sheeping, part seeing his role claim as a vanilla townie, so if we're wrong we don't lose any power role. Going for the best "worst case senario" option again.

I'm posting just to say I've read everything now, and still think this is the right course of action. The defense post Drixx provided is logical, although I can understand why some parts of it would trouble others, and make anyone, scum or not, give uneasy looks. If you look past them though, his explanation makes sense. The only things that give me any doubt include that he claimed the ability to kill under specific circumstances, but that he did not have to. If he were mafia, that could be backtracking to avoid having to prove that ability, but we can cross that bridge later, if we ever have to at all. Another thing is his alarmism about potentially losing four town votes over two day phases. We will see.

Rand stalked the streets aimlessly, his eyes devoid of emotion. He whispered to himself as he walked.

"Chuonde of the Spine Ridge sept of the Miagoma. She died for me at Dumai's Wells. Agirin of the Shelan sept of the Daryne. She died for me at Dumai's Wells." Rand continued his litany as he paced, looking for nothing in particular.

He was vaguely aware of people following him, but he did not care. His Aiel guard were surely trailing him, and he could feel Min close by. She was not attempting to be stealthy about it, but was keeping a respectful distance to leave him to his thoughts. He appreciated that on some level, but was too preoccupied to acknowledge it.

"Liah of the Cosaida sept of the Chareen. Killed by my own hand." With each name, he could feel himself growing stronger and harder, like iron being tempered in a blacksmith's forge.

Rand wandered until a hand settled on his shoulder, nearly startling him. Lost in his thoughts, he had not realized Min was next to him. "It's time, Rand. Come." She gave him a soft, sad look, then turned and headed towards the meeting grounds. Rand followed, mouthing silently the final name added to his litany.

"Nynaeve al'Meara of the Two Rivers in Andor. Gave her life for me in Rhuidean."

Inside his head, Lews Therin weeped softly.

Sixteen remained, and all stood before The Lord Dragon. He pointed uncaringly, his eyes not following where his finger went. "You. Tell me your decision. I'll have no games tonight."

Laarz, the one picked, stepped up, and spoke without preamble. "Ankeli, my Lord."

"What?!" Ankeli wailed. "This is nonsense! I've been nothing but fai... what? What are you doing?" Rand had raised his hand, palm face forwards towards Ankeli. Cold, dark eyes regarded him.

Ankeli turned to run, but didn't make it far. A white bar like liquid hot metal struck him in the back, and he simply ceased to exist. No trace of him remained. One moment he was there, and the next he was not.

Rand tramped off, leaving the remaining subjects staring in awe at such a naked display of raw power. Later, searching through Ankeli's belongings, they found evidence that not only was he a Darkfriend, but that he was one of the most dangerous in history.

He had been a Forsaken.

--------------

Ankeli was lynched. He was Graendal, Darkfriend, Compulsor.

--------------

Day four has ended. It is now night time. Day five begins on Monday at 9:00pm EST. Please have night actions submitted by 8:00pm EST. Thank you.

Thirteen had gathered in RlyehExiled's room, and they all stood over his lifeless corpse. His throat had been cut cleanly. As with Technomancer, the guards spotted nobody entering or leaving his room. It didn't take long to find his true identity; he had been Matrim Cauthon all along. Apparently, his luck had finally run dry.

"If the Lord Dragon can't protect his best friend from this invisible evil, then how can we expect him to protect the likes of us?" The camp was visibly shaken. It's true he had caught Darkfriends with his plan, but how many more could there be? Was this gain worth such a loss?

"Has anyone seen kestegs?" Nobody answered. Hours passed by, until finally someone spotted a black mark on the floor of the common room that shouldn't have been there. Nobody wanted to say it, but everyone knew that what had been kestegs now rested on the floor in a small pile of ash.

----------

RlyehExiled has been killed in the night. He was Matrim Cauthon, Town, Loved and Retributive Bulletproof.

kestegs has been killed in the night. He was Alanna Mosvani, Town, Lovers.

----------

It is now day five. It is scheduled to end on Wednesday at 9:00PM EST, in roughly 48 hours. It is seven votes to lock a lynch.

Am I the only one wondering how two people died last night?

It seems RlyehExiled was telling the truth after all, but Retributive Bulletproof implies that when someone tries to kill him they get killed. If that had triggered this past night, that would mean Kestegs was the killer, but kestegs is also dead and flipped as town lover, which was also the claim.

I have been informed that I am going to die at the end of today's day phase and may choose to take someone with me. I can do this either via pm or by posting in the thread.

Also, assuming Kestegs wasn't the killer of Rlyeh (which seems certain) then why didn't Rlyeh's power "Retributive Bulletproof" kill his attacker?

the story says rylehs throat was cut? Maybe thats why.

I think the score between me and Ankeli btw are like 10-0 and hes the 0. Gotta suck to be him.

Lets pull out a win to not give him anything to talk about. I think the bad guys did us a favor going after Ryleh. I was worried we were going to have to talk about him down the road. With Drixx's ability we have the chance to kill two anti-town today. Lets please try to do that.

Sath you dont have your fingerprints on any of these kills now do you?

In his tent, Technomancer lie upon his cot, his face a mask of terror. His throat was slit in a clean, precise fashion, his life blood seeping into the floor. There were no signs of forced entry, and none of the camp guards said they saw anyone entering or leaving his bunk after Technomancer had retired for the evening. Digging through his chest of belongings, the group found meticulously polished armor and a long, pristine white cloak with a golden sunburst on it.

Noammr was found dead in a back street, his chest pierced by a single knife wound from the front. Signs of a struggle were present in the area, but the identity of the aggressor was not apparent. Later, after the body was taken away to be delivered to the Dragon Reborn, word got out that Noammr was a long time friend of Rand's, one named Nyneave al'Meara.

Thirteen had gathered in RlyehExiled's room, and they all stood over his lifeless corpse. His throat had been cut cleanly. As with Technomancer, the guards spotted nobody entering or leaving his room. It didn't take long to find his true identity; he had been Matrim Cauthon all along. Apparently, his luck had finally run dry.

"Has anyone seen kestegs?" Nobody answered. Hours passed by, until finally someone spotted a black mark on the floor of the common room that shouldn't have been there. Nobody wanted to say it, but everyone knew that what had been kestegs now rested on the floor in a small pile of ash.

Bolds are from me. You claim to have killed Techno last night with a one shot. Today Matt died from pretty much the exact same cause. Care to try to explain that?

I'm not sure about Sathoris to be honest. It would be a very ballsy move for a scum to reveal that he killed someone under the pretense of a one shot vigi kill.

I find this from yesterday particularly enlightening. I find it odd Sath would delay until now to start killing. And then kill again the next night after claiming a one shot. I don't think that is the type of move he would make. But how else is this explained? You have any ideas TC?

Also, assuming Kestegs wasn't the killer of Rlyeh (which seems certain) then why didn't Rlyeh's power "Retributive Bulletproof" kill his attacker?

The only reasons I can think of are that the attacker couldn't be harmed by the ability or that the retributive ability didn't have a 100% chance of working.

Sathoris has my vote for Drixx's kill. Though if he does have NK protection, I guess a lynch would be better. I'm 99% sure he lied about his power name in his claim yesterday.

Vote: Sathoris

ThunderCat would be second in line. He was fourth on Ankeli's wagon but when two people left, he changed his vote to Drixx. The reason he chose was that he couldn't trust Drixx with a shot ability but left it open as to what Drixx's alignment might be. Just looks to me like he wanted a reason to get on Drixx's wagon and off of Ankeli's wagon.

Ankeli was lynched. He was Graendal, Darkfriend, Compulsor.

What is a compulsor? Google searching for "mafia compulsor" returns this thread as the top link. Graendal associated with compulsor happens in numerous Wheel of Time mafia games, but the compulsor usually means different things in different games.

RlyehExiled has been killed in the night. He was Matrim Cauthon, Town, Loved and Retributive Bulletproof.

Curious. The bulletproof didn't seem to work. Can it be roleblocked? Stolen? Special counter that has to be performed by a specific hitman? Even if a scum were NK immune and the retributive part failed, the bulletproof shouldn't have failed as well. Was it used up?

kestegs has been killed in the night. He was Alanna Mosvani, Town, Lovers.

First off, I was a tiny bit surprised kestegs flipped town. I wasn't positive kestegs was scum, but I was leaning that way. I considered Drixx town, so if any of the lovers pair were scum, I thought it would be kestegs.

In light of kestegs alignment, I consider Drixx to be town all the more. Killing kestegs gets a "free" kill of Drixx. I'm taking a close look at all those saying Drixx had to be lynched because the vengeful lover ability had to be an anti-town role. If I recall, NO ONE using that argument ever mentioned their thoughts about Drixx the player - only about the quoted role PM.

The kill flavor sounds like it ought to be recognizable by the lore masters. It implies magic, power, channeling, and skill. Not some random flick of blade.

--------------------------------------

Two kills for the second night in a row. As has been mentioned, a kill flavor repeats. What say you Sathoris?

--------------------------------------

We're nearing mass claim day. Thirteen alive. After Drixx, Drixx's target, today's lynch and a possible two night kills, eight players might be all that's left alive tomorrow. If we don't mass claim today, it will have to be tomorrow. Process of elimination happens fast from here on out.

I have been informed that I am going to die at the end of today's day phase and may choose to take someone with me. I can do this either via pm or by posting in the thread.

I'm not sure if you've posted this before, but do you have your eyes on anyone? Do you have a scum list? A list of people who you believe are town?

I find this from yesterday particularly enlightening. I find it odd Sath would delay until now to start killing. And then kill again the next night after claiming a one shot. I don't think that is the type of move he would make. But how else is this explained? You have any ideas TC?

I can see 3 possibilities here:
1. Sathoris is mafia and only managed to get two kills in due to a doctor/role blocker.
2. Sathoris is SK with a delayed action or the above mentioned doctor/blocker.
3. Someone else has a one shot ability, but that is unlikely as they wouldn't have shot RE who was somewhat confirmed.

I'm tempted to go for the second option. And like I said previously, that's quite a ballsy move if that's the case. I would like to hear from Sathoris first, before casting my vote though.

The only reasons I can think of are that the attacker couldn't be harmed by the ability or that the retributive ability didn't have a 100% chance of working.

Sathoris has my vote for Drixx's kill. Though if he does have NK protection, I guess a lynch would be better. I'm 99% sure he lied about his power name in his claim yesterday.

ThunderCat would be second in line. He was fourth on Ankeli's wagon but when two people left, he changed his vote to Drixx. The reason he chose was that he couldn't trust Drixx with a shot ability but left it open as to what Drixx's alignment might be. Just looks to me like he wanted a reason to get on Drixx's wagon and off of Ankeli's wagon.

I think I was actually fifth on the Ankeli train.
I didn't move to the Drixx train after two people unvoted Ankeli, that was simply due to me not being here and refreshing the page constantly.

Regarding Sathoris, Which option from the 3 I mentioned earlier would you take? If any.

Sath you dont have your fingerprints on any of these kills now do you?

No, I don't have any powers anymore so I don't know why my kill flavour appeared in the opening message.

Bolds are from me. You claim to have killed Techno last night with a one shot. Today Matt died from pretty much the exact same cause. Care to try to explain that?

I wish I could, but I can't.

We're nearing mass claim day. Thirteen alive. After Drixx, Drixx's target, today's lynch and a possible two night kills, eight players might be all that's left alive tomorrow. If we don't mass claim today, it will have to be tomorrow. Process of elimination happens fast from here on out.

I'm in favour of massclaiming too. I want to know who's setting me up.

What is a compulsor? Google searching for "mafia compulsor" returns this thread as the top link. Graendal associated with compulsor happens in numerous Wheel of Time mafia games, but the compulsor usually means different things in different games.

Curious. The bulletproof didn't seem to work. Can it be roleblocked? Stolen? Special counter that has to be performed by a specific hitman? Even if a scum were NK immune and the retributive part failed, the bulletproof shouldn't have failed as well. Was it used up?

The kill flavor sounds like it ought to be recognizable by the lore masters. It implies magic, power, channeling, and skill. Not some random flick of blade

In lore, compulsion pretty much acts as mind control. I would guess Ankeli could channel a kill through another person. As for the second kill, that would be channeling, and bets on it coming from another forsaken.

Uraj, 99% is about as close as you can get without saying you know THAT he lied about his power name, is this just a gut feeling or?

Sathoris,what do you think about this? Will your reveal if or when you die be different than what you claimed?

In lore, compulsion pretty much acts as mind control. I would guess Ankeli could channel a kill through another person. As for the second kill, that would be channeling, and bets on it coming from another forsaken.

Gwaihir, this channeling you speak of would this be thru a anti-town or can it be thru anyone, if its thru a town player, couldn't they just say what happened or what? can you expand on this?

Damn it, I still dont get this multi quote thing:( they ended up in the quoted post,dumb

This was what I was asking Uraj
Uraj, 99% is about as close as you can get without saying you know THAT he lied about his power name, is this just a gut feeling or?

And I was asking Sath this
Sathoris,what do you think about this? Will your reveal if or when you die be different than what you claimed?

And I was asking Sath this

I'm sorry I don't understand this at all. What do you want to know?

Uraj seems to be saying that he is 99% sure you lied about your power claim yesterday, so I was asking you if your reveal upon death be different than what you claimed. Sorry if I was unclear.

Uraj seems to be saying that he is 99% sure you lied about your power claim yesterday, so I was asking you if your reveal upon death be different than what you claimed. Sorry if I was unclear.

Obviously not..

I guess even with the fake claims it might narrow things down some.

I can see 3 possibilities here:
1. Sathoris is mafia and only managed to get two kills in due to a doctor/role blocker.
2. Sathoris is SK with a delayed action or the above mentioned doctor/blocker.
3. Someone else has a one shot ability, but that is unlikely as they wouldn't have shot RE who was somewhat confirmed.

Regarding Sathoris, Which option from the 3 I mentioned earlier would you take? If any.

Something close to the second option. I was thinking he might not have been required to kill every night.

I think I was actually fifth on the Ankeli train.
I didn't move to the Drixx train after two people unvoted Ankeli, that was simply due to me not being here and refreshing the page constantly.

I still see you as fourth; Gwaihir first in post #592, second Bad Ash in post #594, then kestegs in post #595, and finally you in post #604.

This was what I was asking Uraj

I guess its a mix of gut and a mix of the information that's been revealed so far.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High