Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future! ifra

Re: Apocalypse Now: Forum Mafia for the dystopian future!

Unvote: Ludacris

yes it was a petty Revenge vote, and im sorry, but at the moment we don't know anybodys roles, I know I can't Change peoples minds, but I am Pro-Town!

Based on what youve said leo and I trust your instincts.

Vote: Krazeyivan

Unvote: Ludacris

yes it was a petty Revenge vote, and im sorry, but at the moment we don't know anybodys roles, I know I can't Change peoples minds, but I am Pro-Town!

Based on what youve said leo and I trust your instincts.

Seems like a no brain follow vote, happy to jump on the train to get someone else voted off? That's strike three to me.

I'm still not knocking Zhao off my list - He did not vote for Ankeli - the pants might just have been part of Asrrin's story and nothing to do with his alignment

Oh I am most definately Pro Town. (For any lie detectors we have)

agree about not knocking zhao off of our list. but.....what have we here?

True, I might be paranoid, but I don't know. I'll investigate myself tonight, and if I survive I'll give you the results and we can go from there. If I die tonight, it will be because I'm dangerously on the right track. You guys'll know what to do then.

Heres how this goes down. Leo played her cards a lil too early, and the biggest mistake we could make from this is not to follow up on it.

If we wait to find out what her investigation on herself is, it may already be too late, so we lynch either Gorny or Krazey.

Krazey is leading candidate by far in my book because he came up anti town. If we lynch him, and he turns up scum, we dont have to kill Mr. Funky right away. If we lynch him and he turns up town, we kill Mr. Funky the next day making it a 2/2 or 2/3 scenario which is a HUGE plus.

nice find leo, I was going to barb you with a "can YOU provide anything useful to the town" in response to your quote, but obviously you can (because I believe you atm anyway).

I am pro town (Lie detectors)

and I quoted the wrong thing from Leo. bullocks, but my point should still be known.

we need to lynch one of them so leo isnt putting her cards on the table in vain

Vote: I_told_you
Unvote: i_told_you

Vote: bad asH
Unvote: bad ash
Vote: bad Ash
Vote: krazeyiVan
Unvote: krazeyivan
Vote: krazEyivan
Unvote: krazeyivan

Vote: bad Ash

Vote: spUdnik
Unvote: spudnik
Vote: spudNik
Unvote: spudnik
Vote: Crowd control
Unvote: crowd control

Vote: Spudnik

BoD says "I have a hunch" for those not wanting to decipher.

Well, would you rather vote on a hunch or someone who is saying they have facts?

True, I might be paranoid, but I don't know. I'll investigate myself tonight, and if I survive I'll give you the results and we can go from there. If I die tonight, it will be because I'm dangerously on the right track. You guys'll know what to do then.

Actually don't. If we manage to lynch Ivan today and he turns out anti-town then you're a good cop and you won't waste an investigation during the night. How convinced I am of Spudnik, he'll have to wait. We need to lynch Ivan to get another investogation from you. It's up to you who to investigate, but I wouldn't investigate Spudnik since I'm sure he's a maffia aswell.

Unvote: Spudnik

The voices in my head tell me to vote: wickedswami

Seems Bad Ash posted about the same I did. (Hadn't refreshed the page so I didnt see) But BoD has a hunch about about Spudnik too. Remember ITY getting it right about Ankeli aswell.

To me it's over obvious we need to lynch Ivan now and Spudnik tomorrow. Unless Ivan is town, then we need to get Gorny sometime.

Vote: I_told_you
Unvote:

Vote: wickedswaMi
Unvote:
Vote: wIckedswami
Unvote:
Vote wickedSwami
Unvote:
Vote: wickedSwami
Unvote:
Vote: krazEyivan
Unvote:
Vote: wickeDswami
Unvote:

Vote: LEOPOLD STOTCH
Unvote:

Vote: leoPold stotch
Unvote:
Vote: leOpold stotch
Unvote:
Vote: leopold Stotch
Unvote:
Vote: thundercaT
Unvote:

Vote: KrazeyIvan

Unvote: Spudnik
Vote: KrazeyIvan

The film opens "a few years from now" in Australia, in a dystopian future where fuel is scarce and law and order has begun to break down. Berserk motorcycle gang member Crawford "Nightrider" Montizano has broken police custody and - with a punk woman by his side - is attempting to flee from the Main Force Patrol (MFP), the Federal highway police unit, in a stolen MFP Pursuit Special. Though he manages to elude his initial pursuers, the Nightrider then encounters the MFP's "top pursuit man," leather-clad Max Rockatansky (Mel Gibson). Max, the more skilled driver, pursues the Nightrider in a high-speed nerve-wracking chase which results in the death of the Nightrider and his woman in a fiery car crash.

Nightrider's Armalite motorcycle gang - led by the barbaric "Toecutter" (portrayed by Hugh Keays-Byrne) and his lieutenant Bubba Zanetti (Geoff Parry) - is running roughshod over a country town, vandalizing property, stealing fuel and terrorising the local population. Max and his fellow officer Jim Goose (Steve Bisley) are able to arrest the Toecutter's young protege, a punk named Johnny the Boy (Tim Burns), when Johnny lingers at the scene of one of the gang’s crimes. However, when no witnesses show for his trial, the courts declare the case "no contest," and Johnny is released. A shocked Goose attacks Johnny and must be physically restrained; both Goose and Johnny shout threats of revenge at each other. After Bubba drags Johnny away, MFP Captain Fifi Macaffee frees his officers to pursue the gangs as they want, "so long as the paperwork's clean."

Shortly thereafter, Johnny sabotages The Goose's MFP motorcycle; the motorcycle locks up at high speed the next day, throwing Goose from the bike. He borrows a ute to haul his bike back to civilization. However, Johnny The Boy and the Toe Cutters Gang are waiting further up the highway in ambush. Johnny throws a drum brake at the Gooses windshield and causes him to run off the road and then - upon the Toecutter's insistence, and perhaps as a gang initiation - is instructed to throw a match at the Gooses ute which is leaking petrol from its ruptured fuel line. Johnny the Boy refuses and the Toe Cutter starts to abuse him and in the ensuing argument the lit match is thrown at the wreckage of the ute.

The Goose survives, but after seeing his charred body in the hospital's burn ward, Max becomes angry and disillusioned with the police force. Worried of what may happen if he stays in the job, and fearing he may become as savage and brutal as the gang members, Max announces to Fifi that he is resigning from the MFP with no intention of returning. Fifi convinces him to take a holiday first before making his final decision about leaving.

While on holiday at the coast, Max's wife, Jessie, (Joanne Samuel) and their son run into Toecutter's gang, who attempt to molest her. She flees, and returns to Max (who is getting their tyre fixed) but the gang later manages to track them to the remote farm near the beach where she and Max are staying. While attempting to escape, Jessie and her son are run down and run over by the gang; their crushed bodies are left in the middle of the road. Max arrives too late to intervene.

Filled with obsessive rage, Max dons his police leathers and takes a supercharged black Pursuit Special to pursue the gang. After torturing a mechanic for information on the gang, Max methodically hunts down and kills the gang members: several gang members are forced off a bridge at high speed; Max shoots and kills Bubba at point blank range with his shotgun; the Toecutter is forced into the path of a speeding semi-trailer truck and crushed. In the road battles Max has his arm crushed when it is run over by a motorbike, and receives a gunshot to his knee which he fixes with a makeshift splint to his leg. Driven further mad by the pain, and becoming even more relentless and ruthless, he searches for the final members of the gang. When Max finds Johnny the Boy taking the boots off a dead driver at the scene of a crash, he handcuffs Johnny's ankle to the wrecked vehicle and sets a crude time-delay fuse. Throwing Johnny a hacksaw, Max leaves him the choice of sawing through either the handcuffs (which will take 10 minutes) or his ankle (which will take 5 minutes). As Max drives away, the vehicle explodes; Max drives on further into the outback without turning back with his face emotionless.

must lynch noammr help me Is what I think it says. hard to read

not sure why Mad Max description is in there.

So Gorny is in some sort of trouble, Ivan has an anti town read and now apparently Noammr does too? OR what are others take on this

Unvote: Noammr

Whos to say it isnt a prank from Gorny? Wouldn't put it past him.

Well about gorny, from what we can tell he must be infected with something, or someone has used a role thingy on him.

Ludacris I know I can't change your mind, so im not going to try, I just hope to appeal to the others good natures to see reason :(

Well about gorny, from what we can tell he must be infected with something, or someone has used a role thingy on him.

Ludacris I know I can't change your mind, so im not going to try, I just hope to appeal to the others good natures to see reason :(

dude. there is no reason. just leave it alone and focus on doing something substantial instead of defending yourself vs 1 person.

"to see the reason" of you saying you are town? You defending yourself is getting more eyes on you then if you just accepted the fact that you could get a vote for you here or there and can focus on lynching someone who matters

Cop claim on Day 2? At least this gives us a direction to go.

Why the early reveal Leopold? Happy with one positive ID or you felt your life was in danger?

Cop claim on Day 2? At least this gives us a direction to go.

Why the early reveal Leopold? Happy with one positive ID or you felt your life was in danger?

i couldn't let something like his bs reply slip thru my fingers without saying anything. risky move, i know, but i couldn't let that slip thru. i have been on his case since the beginning of the day because i knew what he had shown up in my investigation the previous night. if he IS mafia, i'll die tonight whether i revealed my role or not. i saw the perfect opportunity to blow his cover, and i took it.

What can I still not talk and just think I'm posting!!!!

Zhao - see 2 pages back I asked you some questions and you seem unwilling/unable to respond! or are we hiding something?

Bad Ash - what about your desperate need for a doctor?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High