Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

oh my goodness! i am soooo not good at riddles, so i guess im screwed! BUT, some more random thoughts (that are ON topic. may seem a little farfetched...)

i can't help but notice how some ppl are finding me suspicious, yet, they somehow relate to the note and the story. when i clicked on the first link, the "movie" we saw, it was one of the most famous clips of all entertainment history. and not only that, but contains one of the most famous lines of all freaking time: "I'll get you my pretty!" *evil cackle* the WICKED witch says that to an ORPHANed girl who is from Kansas (idk if that is classified as southern or not, but Dorothy was raised on a FARM in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE and we all know that everyone thinks Texas is just a big farmland with cattle everywhere and we ride horses or tractors to skool and wear cowboy hats!) (btw, NOT (totally) true!) who is dressed like a "country bumpkin" and is holding a "warm and fuzzy" cute little dog in her arms. and i know everyone has seen the Wizard of Oz and they know that Dorothy is "nicey nice." what does this have to do with the game? that fact that some of you have pointed out that i am all "nicey nice" and post when there is need of agreement (KrazeyIvan) and sometimes i make random posts (which is true, i apologize. i do get easily distracted). some of you have said that you would "keep a close eye" on me (DLove, Wicked, Gorny, and Ivan) and i notice again that two of you (DLove and Wicked) have been called out in this note and/or the previous note.

and for dung and giggles, why not out one more:
Gorny.
i couldn't help but notice when i really got to deeper thinking that Kansas might be a reference to you. you hosted a mafia game where it was Stargate themed, but set in Kansas. i have never seen Stargate myself, so idk if the show itself is set in Kansas or not, but i find it a bit more than a coincidence that Kansas is also a big part of Wizard of Oz AND your mafia game. AND the fact that you also suspect me in your List Ladder as you had posted up earlier (i was last on the rung, but you still suspect me and you questioned my alignment at some point when you tried to get me all riled up)

so what am i saying? i think that DEF Wicked and Orphan are in this somehow, someone put a hit on me, someone was roleblocked or i was saved, making it only one kill for the night- Asrrin. Ivan, Gorny, DLove, y'all are also my other suspects and may be working together ("Five to find" and i think i have!).

and Ivan, if YOU are NOT scum, then it might be BoD. reason i say is bcuz i don't recall seeing anyone from London, but you two are from Wales and Jack the Ripper is kind of a historical figure reference in England. and the fact that BoD just pointed it out in a CSI youtube clip, but i think that was innocent. BoD, honestly, i am not suspecting you as much, but the historical reference jumped out at me.

but why Jack the Ripper? he was a psycho who mutilated women... but he WAS a SK. maybe it's a reference to one of you two... and i say it's Ivan!

I'm not sure Oz is pointing at Orphan, those clips seem to be focused on the wicked witch, and because of that it suggests Wicked as the target of the note. As to Kansas I point out the focus of the clips again. Wizard of Oz may be connected to Kansas but it seems like the movie clips are pointed at Wicked and CC.

I won't discount what you say about the connection to me via Wizard of Oz being connected to Kansas and SG-1 having Kansas references in the show but it seems like whoever is doing it out to lynch Wicked and now CC is brought into it.

The reason for Jack the Ripper might (big if here) have a connection to the "In a Mirror Darkly" Thing. Taking into account that In a Mirror Darkly is the title of a Star Trek Enterprise episode that deals with the mirror universe that deals with an alternate reality version where the cast is the complete opposite from what they are.

Reference links here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_a_Mirror,_Darkly
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/In_a_Mirror,_Darkly_(episode)

The Jack the Ripper part of it might not mean a man at all ...but rather a woman. We only have one woman playing and that's you.

Don't actually know the first one but the second one was in the double episode directed by quentin tarranrino and it was Nick.

Ok, I'll give you that. The first was Catherine. Older episode when Greg was almost always in the lab.

I'm not too familiar with either CSI, Jack the Ripper and I haven't seen the Wizard of Oz at all, actually. But you linking that together with the geographical places some of us come from, also doing that very obvious, AAANNNDDD posting the exact same style like part of the hint with capitalized parts referring to Wicked in your earlier post is your actualy first suspicious post.

But since you lack those and I don't expect three 'front-page' frequent posting Mafia players, you just got on my suspect list for lynching today.

You have a valid point CC. What do the rest of you think about CC's observation about Leopold?

What alternative do we have, other than to test it? I'm still standing by my theory that someone is writing out the entire scene, rather than just the notes, but in order to do that they need to give a hint as to who is actually making the kill. If my theory is correct, either Orphan or Wicked (or both) are scum. However, the only way to know that for sure is for one of them to get lynched.

Lynching is the only tool we have to get sound information on people. We have to find out if these notes have any merit to them, especially before we all eventually get linked into the story somehow.

Well the way I see it, Wicked seems too obvious to me, it's as if someone wants him dead. Obviously he is not the VI and trying to get himself killed via placing himself in the notes. Luda already pulled off the VI win (Grats there Luda) The only other way I see Wicked in there and also writing the clues in himself is if he had a valid reason to set himself up for a lynch...like a suicide bomber type. We lynch him and he explodes taking someone ot a few people with him. It's a hunch and I'm not positive, but it's a lead none the less.

Apologies for not answering your question here. No, I don't suspect BoD at the moment, but at the rate we're going we can't leave any potential slip-up unaccounted for. Every possible piece of the puzzle we have to at least question.

I do not suspect BoD either at this point.

Maybe your right, but I still don't like letting an easy to find hint guide our lynch like this.

@Gorny - supposing we do choose to lynch someone to test the note's relevancy, which of the three people mentioned in the notes would you consider the best choice?

I'm off to sleep but one thing we need to look up and discuss is Asrrin's actions so far and reasons for the mafia to consider him a good target.

Possibly Orphan. To be honest, we have not heard alot from him.

I think we need to figure out wtf is going on with the notes cause they are defintely casuing too much of a problem

I think we need to figure out wtf is going on with the notes cause they are defintely casuing too much of a problem

I think the mafia will have killed most of us by that time.

Well, I'm off to bed and have a wake tomorrow and a funeral monday. Will be around when I can but not much.

I'm not too familiar with either CSI, Jack the Ripper and I haven't seen the Wizard of Oz at all, actually.

This concerns me. It seems you can conveniently not know about anything related to the newest story. What you're basically claiming here is that there's no way you could have written that story.

you just got on my suspect list for lynching today.

Was gonna say the exact same thing.
But I'd like to point out a different part of her text:

i can't help but notice how some ppl are finding me suspicious, yet, they somehow relate to the note and the story. when i clicked on the first link, the "movie" we saw, it was one of the most famous clips of all entertainment history. and not only that, but contains one of the most famous lines of all freaking time: "I'll get you my pretty!" *evil cackle* the WICKED witch says that to an ORPHANed girl who is from Kansas
I really don't think Ankeli will put 3 hints in 1 little video (or even2) and since the one referring to me is the most obvious, I don't think the ones for Orphan and (especially) the one for Gorny are meant to be there. It's all a bit too farfetched imo.
Dorothy is "nicey nice."
what does this have to do with the game? that fact that some of you have pointed out that i am all "nicey nice"

Are you trying to make yourself look townie from such a long stream of thoughts? I really feel like you're trying to force something here...

some of you have said that you would "keep a close eye" on me (DLove, Wicked, Gorny, and Ivan) and i notice again that two of you (DLove and Wicked) have been called out in this note and/or the previous note.
again you're saying ankeli is trying to protect you in some way.
All I read from this is mafia to be honest...

and now for something completely different:
about the coroner, his role could be that he can target 1 person every night and if that person gets lynched, we get to know his role.

now there's one thing no one has looked at before: The titles of Ankeli's posts.
from newest to oldest:
Leeloo Dallas Multipass (5th element reference)
Remedy? (no idea)
Astonishing panorama of the end times (song from marilyn manson, there was also a link to the videoclip in this post)
The fool and his will (fool=ludacris, the VI who got lynched=his will, can't think of anything else)

There's SO many clues in there and I don't know if we should look into all of them, although some of them are fake (of course, me, CC and Orphan are the only people who can be sure about it in some way. And just the fact that I'm town doesn't mean that CC and Orphan are....). There's probably SOMETHING in there that can help us. But if we stare blind on the notes, we won't get any further as well (see yesterday)

people I am most suspicious of atm:
Leopold (for reasons mentioned)
CC (don't really know why, just a gut feeling)

I also don't know what the star trek (in a mirror, darkly) and jack the ripper reference are about.

3 People were mentioned so far in the stories. And none of them were killed during the night. You would think that the mafia would get to the same conclusion as we did, that the notes are left by Ankeli or powerroles, they would NK one of those just to see whats all this about. Yet, all 3 are alive. Granted, no night phase passed since CC was mentioned.
I also remember wicked was one of the few people (along with DLove if im not mistaking) that thought its a good idea to call my lynching myself bluff. While Sitro and someone else (sorry i forget who it was) tried to persuade me to keep playing, they turned out townies. Yet wicked wanted me out of the picture. Maybe he knew i was townie (mafia knows that) and he saw a great opportunity to use this to start a lynchwagon on me.

PS: i havent seen the wizard of Oz either, nor know much about Jack the Ripper.

Mafia would NOT NK one of the story mentioned people since half of the town still believes they (or should i say we? since i'm one of them :s ) might be mafia. Should the mafia NK one of us, the town would be sure that we were, in fact, townies.

I don't like people bluffing. Saying you're going to vote yourself because you're being called mafia seems like a bluff to me, and I prefer calling it rather then pulling back and still not knowing wether you're mafia or not.

We live in the world of the interent. Anyone who claims they are not familiar with the story is on my suspect list right now. If you are not "familiar" with something that information is so easily found then you just go to google or wikipedia or both and search it.

Here

Basically there was a serial killer back in the 18 hundreds that killed whores and was never caught. The media dubbe him jack the ripper.

You can't hide behind a blanket of lack of knowledge. It really doesn't take long to educate yourself in these things. It would take you less time to read an article about it than to actually read the mafia thread most of the time.

It's so easy to claim "i dont know the story therefore i can't pssibly be the killer".

really, CC? i know it's possible for ppl not to be familiar with some things, but the latest story is referencing those things and for you to say that you have no knowledge of them is a little strange to me. Jack the Ripper is one of the most known SK in history (if not THE MOST KNOWN SK in history), next to Manson, the Zodiac Killer, and John Haigh, another English SK. you also say that my post is "obvious" and that im acting suspicious is making you look funny, esp. when i never said anything about you in my post. do you feel the need that you must protect your fellow comrades?

I said literally I'm not too familiar with Jack the Ripper and CSI. Sure I've seen From Hell which supposedly has some historical accuracy regarding Jack the Ripper but that's pretty much as far as it goes.

As for CSI I rarely watch television nowadays and I'm not even sure if it's still broadcasted. Same with jack the ripper, I'm not too familiar with it. I know some of the names and the relations, but I could never come up with a connection to the notes.

This concerns me. It seems you can conveniently not know about anything related to the newest story. What you're basically claiming here is that there's no way you could have written that story.

That's bull**** and you know it. I explained JtR and CSI above and Wizard of Oz never really occurred to me to watch. I generally watch newer movies instead. Just because it's apparently an all American movie, doesn't mean a European must have seen it.

We live in the world of the interent. Anyone who claims they are not familiar with the story is on my suspect list right now. If you are not "familiar" with something that information is so easily found then you just go to google or wikipedia or both and search it.

Here

Basically there was a serial killer back in the 18 hundreds that killed whores and was never caught. The media dubbe him jack the ripper.

You can't hide behind a blanket of lack of knowledge. It really doesn't take long to educate yourself in these things. It would take you less time to read an article about it than to actually read the mafia thread most of the time.

It's so easy to claim "i dont know the story therefore i can't pssibly be the killer".

I never said I don't know the story as I said above. Gosh, maybe you should read more thoroughly. I might read up on JtR from wiki, but I don't see any reason why so far.

but why Jack the Ripper? he was a psycho who mutilated women... but he WAS a SK. maybe it's a reference to one of you two... and i say it's Ivan!

Well I've actually posted useful things - all the votes from the first day for instance - reasoned logical arguments and you have posted not much to be truthful.

Where the hell is Orphan and Aman? DLoveSwe is missing also - for me right now after reading people's posts we are getting sidetracked.

Leopold here is reeking of an anti town role. Your other half marahumm is posting enough to float by too. But is less suspicious than you.

DLoveSwe is someone else I think warrents a lynch. Like some others I wish we lynched a "noted" person yesterday so we would have a clear answer today.

Right now I want to put Leo here under a little hot light and make her sweat

vote: Leopold Stotch

So far Orphan has my vote. With all of this stuff going on about the note and wicked and crowd control now being mentioned, Orphan has not added anything to the discussion. Actually he seems to have gone quiet all of a sudden.

vote: Orphan

Im out for a few hours. I have a wake to go to today. Ill be back in a few hours.

Im not really sure we should concentrate our resurces on people who werent mentioned in the notes just yet. I said it before and ill say it again, we need to figure out whats happening with those notes.

PS: you might have noticed that im not so active as of recently, and my activity will remain this way for a few days, just too much to handle irl. I will ofcourse do my best to read and reply and come up with thoughts/ideas as often as possible.

We need to look into these notes. It's caused us way too much trouble, and yet we haven't acted upon it. The way I see it our choices are either Orphan or Wicked, and I'm more inclined to keep the more active one active

Vote: Orphan

Hmm, I tend do agree. Especially since Wicked's weak defense is better than no defense like Orphans.

We only deducted that Orphan might be included in the notes, we didnt actualy see anything pointing to his name. Not defending im here, just saying wicked would be better since his name is in both notes and showing clearly.

Well I've actually posted useful things - all the votes from the first day for instance - reasoned logical arguments and you have posted not much to be truthful.

So you're suggesting she hasn't posted anything useful this game? We need to be brainstorming some theories and I think she's doing her part more than you are. Please point me to some logical arguments of yours.

Leopold here is reeking of an anti town role. Your other half marahumm is posting enough to float by too. But is less suspicious than you.

Yes, sorry I haven't contributed enough for you, Krazey. I suppose my 32 posts in this game differs greatly than your 34.

Mara, I know you know leopold IRL, but don't let that be the reason why you're defending her. I'm not saying it is, but keep in mind that your vision might be a bit biased because she is your wife.

Don't know about voting orphan. Since I know by myself that I am pro town, I don't see it as a good idea to vote someone on the list... But I understand the town wants clearance on this and in that case, rather him then me :p So I'll vote to lock if necessary, but rather wouldn't.

Gotta go now, will be back in 1-1,5 hours.

To my delight not too much focus was put on the missing body. I didn't even want to try to explain where SiTro's body had gone.

Anyone have a clue why Ankeli mentions this?

If the town wants someone off the noodle voting list lynched I suggest DLoveSwe - he's quiet and I think Asrrin at one stage did point him out as iffy - maybe he got killed to keep from attacking DLoveSwe?

if we have to pick a noted player I would pick wicked. The problem I have is if we say lynch wicked and he's townie - then we have played into mafia hands and they pick us off over night too, we'll be really up against it.

I'm in early tomorrow at work I'll have a looksy at the thread and see if SiTro and Asrrin were specific in questioning anyones townie status - cross checking as I mentioned - the mafia will have had a reason for each hit.

Marahumm - Leopold's posts in my opinion are general mafia posts (lots of talk, speculations - nicely nicely approach) - as people have mentioned some of hers have that mafia newbie feel - but I doubt she is unskilled and its an act. At the very least she feels anti town to me. (Bear in mind this is a mafia game dude no harm intended! :wave:)

As for Aman - I have not enough info - no one else a far as I can recollect have claimed any role whatsoever apart from me and Noodle. What is his role no clue.

As of right now - the noodle vote list warrent attention - the 3 named one's we can focus on - less so CC as I think he voted elsewhere and was for lynch purposes added to the list. Gorny did vote at the end to when locked again less focus from me.

Leopold and DLoveSwe and Aman - with Orphan too are the focus list.

im not prepared to vote at this point in time. I think we need to hear from orphan and aman neither of which have said anything yet as of today

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High