Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

And you think Turbs the right one? You think he got a hidden agenda and isn't sincere about his feelings about this game?

Indeed. He lied about editing and hes playing the "i dont really give a poo about this but ill hang arround just incase" card.

Like I said before I am satisfied with the explanation Gorny gave for it changing. I have no idea of the powers Mods hold. Wonder if you can tell me wether you can change eachothers avatars or not?

Ah, gotcha. For the record we can change avatars.

A lynch is always required. Lynching no one gives us nothing. Trying to say that people who want a lynch are anti-town is stupid because thats the only way we got to get the maffia.

There seems to be a few people who are interested in lynching you Ludacris, and alot of have posted that you raise alot of suspicions with them, but I haven't really seen you respond to these people much (from post ~195 to ~260 I couldn't find anything up re-reading a few times, and you have posted a few times then).

Is there a particular reason for that, because at the moment that's raising some suspicions of my own.

By my count we only have around 7 hours and 30 mins left, and it's night time here in Australia so it's possible I won't be on much longer, but I'll watch the discussions for as long as I can.

vote: Ludacris

Indeed. He lied about editing and hes playing the "i dont really give a poo about this but ill hang arround just incase" card.

He didn't necessary lie about the edit, as I said above it all depends on the timing of it. Hopefully he'll respond and clarify his intentions on remaining in the game now that Ankeli has confirmed he can request to be killed off.

Let me make this a bit clear for myself Orphan, from what i know mods can see whenever a post was edited. And normal members only see it if it was edited after a set period of time. My question is, is there a time-frame where not even mods and see the edit ?

Since there is no way for me to tell if Turb actually edited his post or not, I will let him remain in the game. Unless he requests to be killed off, which he should do in case he doesn't want to play.

may I ask if you PM him on this matter?
He might consider himself out of the game after the last post (since he probably did edit...) and probably won't check back in.

On that edit: if it depends on timing, as you said orphan, i'm pretty sure turb DID edit his post within the first 5 minutes after he originally posted it. Why would he wait longer if he wants to get out of the game?
Are you saying (as TC asks) that it's impossible for you guys to see that?

Let me make this a bit clear for myself Orphan, from what i know mods can see whenever a post was edited. And normal members only see it if it was edited after a set period of time. My question is, is there a time-frame where not even mods and see the edit ?

On that edit: if it depends on timing, as you said orphan, i'm pretty sure turb DID edit his post within the first 5 minutes after he originally posted it. Why would he wait longer if he wants to get out of the game?
Are you saying (as TC asks) that it's impossible for you guys to see that?

I suspect it was less than 5 mins.

And to answer both your questions, I've never really done any real intensive tests to see what timings are required to trigger the edit tag (it's not exactly something you sit down to really look at). We can see edits on most things, but I have seen a few cases where an edit has occurred with no marks, which I can only conclude means it was done really quick.

So in other words, there is a timeframe where one could edit his post and not even mods can see. So Turtle could have indeed edited his post and no one can know.
Ill wait untill further into day and see if Ankeli gets a reply.

Either way, the only thing thats going on at the moment is on Luda, and i have the paranoid feeling that if i join the bandwagon or not ill still get looked at the wrong way. So ill keep out of that for now.

Seems some people are hell bent on getting Turbulent Turtle out of the game...

Luda is getting targeted too for lynching - we need someone people by nighttime - some of the recent pages offer some interesting insight - I think it will be useful in the coming days, to go back and re-read.

I'll be putting my vote in - next 3 hours or so - I'll not be back till maybe 1 hour before nightfall otherwise.

So in other words, there is a timeframe where one could edit his post and not even mods can see. So Turtle could have indeed edited his post and no one can know.

Pretty much, but again it's all in the timing. It could be 30 seconds, it could be 10 seconds. It could be less. I'm not really interested enough to test it out though to be honest

Let's test it here then.

This is an edit. Can you see it?

And this is a second edit, roughly 20 seconds after the first edit.

Turb is a newbie and needs to be hounded out of the game lest he get a good impression of it.
People want to lynch Ludacris for a number of reasons.
Stuff is generally not happening.

My impression of the last few hours.

I seem to be disagreeing with the general mindset a lot. I thought Gorny's aggressive style halfway through was inspired. But suspicion was cast on him for it. I thought Orphan's question was well posed and a good approach. But being asked to think like an anti-town player is nasty and the only nasty people around also murder in the night. Also interesting that when Noammr asked me a similarly well-posed but awkward question, no one thought that was suspicious.

Two posts from Gorny caught my eye:

[Gorny post]

In the first post, the game is only an hour old but he is calling out the 12/18 players who have yet to post by that point. The second post shows that he is aware that not all of them have necessarily checked the forums yet and realised the game is active. Not really sure what to make of this, other than it relegates the first point to more of a "checking in" statement.

you're bringing suspicion on gorny without any real reason. Seems like a scum thing to do.

Bear in mind that this was within an hour or two of the game starting. When there's so few posts and only really myself getting started on looking for scum I'll cover every post with a fine toothed comb. As day goes on there's more to analyse of course, but I'll still do my best. If you'd prefer though I could open the next round with "Lol, game's started. Random.org says vote: aman"?

Is there anything that anyone wants to ask me?

you have a point sitro. It's good to start discussion early.

I have a small question on regard to luda's suspicion.
Afaic, the only reason luda is considered a possible mafia is because of the way TC protected him with some very flawed logic.

Wouldn't it be more logical to vote TC then?

but for now:
vote: crowd control
because he still hasn't answered the 'what if you were mafia' question.

Lynching Turb would be a bad waste of a lynch, I highly doubt his posts so far were a game tactic and if they were we'll find out soon enough...TC's lynchie approach to the matter is making him look bad.

As for Luda - not the worst lynch choice, but as things stand I really would rather vote TC, but we're also running out of time and Luda seems like the most viable option.
I would like to hear Luda speak out before he's locked (I believe we're at 5 or 6 atm).

I'll be around until the end of the day phase.

Preview edit;
@wicked - personally - Luda being on my list has nothing to do with TC...though I still think TC is the better lynch target.
@Sitro - do you Luda is the best lynch target for the town, information-wise?

I have a small question on regard to luda's suspicion.
Afaic, the only reason luda is considered a possible mafia is because of the way TC protected him with some very flawed logic.

Wouldn't it be more logical to vote TC then?

I've been thinking the same thing, it hasn't really made sense to me.

I rather see a TC lynch right now rather than Luda.

And I think we can leave the turb fakeeditingclaim now since ankeli edited twice without anything showing.

Im in a really tough position at the moment. If i vote for Luda and he turns out townie, youll think i spread those words to make me look townie. If he turns out mafia, youll think im mafia too. If i dont vote for Luda, ill look like im protecting him. If i vote for someone else/keep my vote on Turtle ill look like i dont want to get rid of Luda.
So ill take a chance here and see how that goes.

Unvote: Turbulent Turtle
Vote: Ludacris

And i suggest i get investigated tonight to prove my alignment. And no, i dont have godfather role.

As for the reason as to why im voting for Luda, and if im not mistaking, locking the lynch, seems everyone has done it, and theres a very slim chance another person would be chosed. And we need information. So, hopefully someone will belive i have nothing to do with Ludacris but instead i was expressin the feeling that being 3 times mafia in a row is a very slim chance in my oppinion.

My apologies, i counted wrong, seems only 6 votes so far and 3 more are needed.

I would rather see TC lynched, but Everyone is on the Luda train and we have less then 5 hours until nightfall, so Luda is our best bet for a lynch. coupled with the fact that he has been making a few fishy posts on his own, and he is almost a good a candidate as TC. I see TC has voted for Luda as well, which is a very interesting move. throwing someone under the bus to prove your "innocence" if he turns out to be mafia? We shall see what the night brings, hopefully if we can lock a lynch.

By the way, good morning all, have to go to work soon, be posting again in a few.

TurbulentTurtle ventured outside of the city limits, to a hill that for some reason was always dark and foggy. He wanted to escape the hostile atmosphere of the city, and just wondered aimlessly. On the hill, he found a house, as dark as the darkest night. He entered the porch and reached for the handle, and that's when it happened. HARRY GAYD DAYMN POTTAH SWOOPED FROM ZE SKY AND GRABBED A HOLD OF HIM, DRAGGING HIM TO 500 FEET IN THE AIR AND DROPPED HIM TO THE GROUND, BREAKING EVERY BONE IN HIS BODY!

Might as well do it with some bad comedy.

TurbulentTurtle was modkilled due to editing a post. He was a Vanilla Townie. All votes (none atm I think) cast on him are reset and need to be cast again. (if there are any, didn't check)

I'm adding CC to my list. He usually posts like a mad man and can respond to anything so it's strange he isn't. Then again he might be laying low for a different reason.

Care to respond cc?

Yeah, I'm kind of busy this week with some heavy drinking. There's this freshman introduction period this week and I have to either drink a lot or attend the bar I work in. The latter is the case for today in any case. Have to work in 1 hour and it's an 8 hour shift, so I this is my last post for day's end.

Crowd Control also seems to be in on the Gorny hate wagon, at least from his earlier posts.

Huh? I actually have no idea where you got that from. I only said he changed is 'tar.

you never answered the question CC.. why is that?

Of course! But I explained that I didn't want to point a finger until everybody posted. Such is the case right now and since I can't post after 1 hour from this time I will cast my bandwagon at this point. Sorry I can't be more constructive to the game, maybe later on in the game I will have time and no hangover.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High