My 21 single tree builds project

TheNix

Jun 23, 2003
My 21 single tree builds project

I've been thinking that since I have mentioned it a few times, I might as write an ongoing thread about my progress. First, the rules that I play by.

1. Hard points to only be put in the specified tree.
2. Any skill granted by an item may be used.
3. No MPing

It also goes without saying they will be 1.11b, SC & twinked.

Amazon - Javelin
- P & M - Strumpet, lvl 17, Act 1: Normal > Javelin/max block
- Bow/xbow

Assassin - Martial Arts - Ballbreaker COMPLETE
- Shadow Dis.- Mind_Freller COMPLETE
- Traps

Barbarian - Warcries - The_Bard COMPLETE
- C.Masteries
- Combat

Druid - Elemental - Flatulent_Fred COMPLETE
- S. Shifter - Barak COMPLETE (1.09)*
- Summoning - Beastdancer COMPLETE

Necro - Summoning - Skellidancer, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Skellies and clay golem
- P & B - Osty_O COMPLETE
- Curses - Gorgon_Ramsey, lvl 6, Act 1: Normal > Trangs/gimmershred

Paladin - Defensive
- Offensive
- Combat - Sparhawk, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Zealot/Smiter

Sorceress- Cold
- Lightning
- Fire - Firedancer, lvl 18, Act 1: Normal > Enchantress & Hydra??

* Tempted to redo this one in 1.11/1.12, but it will do for the time being.

Re: My 21 single tree builds project

Twinked or untwinked? Either way, some of those builds might be a bit slow, but if you have the patience, this sounds quite fun!

The Paladins might be your biggest run for your boring money, with the Warcry (you did this already) and Curse necro being the most difficult. I find Valks quite fun, but you still might get bored out of your mind.

Offensive aura paladin shouldn't be so bad, especially if you allow Passion. Personally I can't stand single tree sorcs and now with two you can't even tele past the immunes. Aya.

Good luck!

Some of these builds look very interesting (while some seem very boring). Do you have a write-up of your shadow assassin, I would like to here more about her?

Passion schmassion... just equip the offensive pally with a Kuko and get fanatiscim and you're done.

Offensive aura paladin shouldn't be so bad, especially if you allow Passion. Personally I can't stand single tree sorcs and now with two you can't even tele past the immunes. Aya.

Good luck!

Passion schmassion... just equip the offensive pally with a Kuko and get fanatiscim and you're done by next year.
Fixed that for you. :whistling:

In all earnest, if you are going to use a bow and fanaticism at least pick one with a reasonable amount of damage. You're already shooting 9 fpa max.

Good luck!

If he's allowing the use of +skills, he can just use a staff on switch to tele past them.

This is an ambitious project, but IMO any build is viable w/enough twinking.

Time to cross another off the list. My Nerco Summoner easily kills Baal using a pseudofishymancer build where the Amp Dam and CE are supplied by the unique wand Maelstrom. I didn't even raise a sweat, that's yet to come. :whistling:

UPDATE TIME:

Amazon

- Javelin
- P & M - Strumpet, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Javelin/max block
- Bow/xbow

Assassin

- Martial Arts - Ballbreaker COMPLETE
- Shadow Dis.- Mind_Freller COMPLETE
- Traps

Barbarian

- Warcries - The_Bard COMPLETE
- C.Masteries
- Combat

Druid

- Elemental - Flatulent_Fred COMPLETE
- S. Shifter - Barak COMPLETE (1.09)

Necro

- Summoning - Skellidancer, COMPLETE
- Curses - Gorgon_Ramsey, lvl 28, Act 3: Normal > Trangs/gimmershred

Paladin

- Defensive - Kalten, lvl 8, Act 1: Normal > Defiance/Max Resist/Dam Reduction
- Offensive - BO, lvl 16, Act 1: Normal > Fanaticism/ Holy Shock?
- Combat - Sparhawk, lvl 30, Act 3: Normal > Zealot/Smiter

Sorceress

- Cold
- Lightning
- Fire - Firedancer, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Enchantress & Hydra??

UPDATE TIME AGAIN:

Another one down - the combat pally really worked well, even without auras. Zeal, Smite and >60% crushing blow, fairly chewed through just about everything. Vengeance took down the PIs. Good fun.

Amazon

- Javelin
- P & M - Strumpet, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Javelin/max block
- Bow/xbow

Assassin

- Martial Arts - Ballbreaker COMPLETE
- Shadow Dis. - Mind_Freller COMPLETE
- Traps

Barbarian

- Warcries - The_Bard COMPLETE
- C.Masteries
- Combat

Druid

- Elemental - Flatulent_Fred COMPLETE
- S. Shifter - Barak COMPLETE (1.09)

Necro

- Summoning - Skellidancer, COMPLETE
- Curses - Gorgon_Ramsey, lvl 31, Act 3: Normal > Trangs/gimmershred

Paladin

- Defensive - Kalten, lvl 8, Act 1: Normal > Defiance/Max Resist/Dam Reduction
- Offensive - BO, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Fanaticism/ Holy Shock?
- Combat - Sparhawk, COMPLETE

Sorceress

- Cold
- Lightning
- Fire - Firedancer, lvl 20, Act 2: Normal > Enchantress & Hydra??

I think the masteries barb will be the hardest.

Was warcry barb difficult? I'll bet he wasn't:nod:

Nice project you've got going there, my guess is defensive pally will be the most boring.

Yep. I'm going with the worst 4 being:
Defensive Pally
Masteries Barbarian
Curse Necro
P & M Amazon

Some I guess will be OK just really really slow, like the Amazon, who would rely on merc and strong valk to kill slowly. I guess seeing as twinking is allowed it won't be that pad as you could twink on Passion or some other skill granting item to help with killing. Masteries barb could get bloodletters to allow whirlwind, etc. Anyways, I am watching with interest.

I see that the worst 4 are also amoung those that are either unstarted or still in normal. I think those 4 could take as long as the rest combined!

Well he did finish his shadow assassin so besides curse necro everything else should be easier. Well, mastery barb could be a drag too.

At the moment it's the curse necro that's giving me my biggest worries, I really don't know whether Gimmers can take down Hell Ancients with only a merc to help. Earlier today I was able to take down normal Meph on /p8 using just a merc and a lvl 4 IG, but it took a while. I'm thinking that I might have to stretch my rules a little and drop the /p8 earlier than I'd usually do. For my other builds I'm planning on a caduceus/divine sceptre with a nice mod or three to put passion in, that will help with both my remaining pallies, pity I haven't found it yet. :whistling: I've got a few primal helms to put Delirium in, to help with the masteries barb. I tend to be in the "why have a dog and bark yourself?" school of play so my P&M Ama will go with a Javelin as her main attack, she'll be slow but she'll be safe.

This is a good project, one that I started myself since finishing the tournament sept. I've even set up the same rules as you have, being that oskills in other trees, granted by items, are allowed, except that I'm playing my set as HC (already lost my traps assassin in hell act II dang it).

I've thought about the toughest builds extensively and agree with Cius on the ones that might be slowest. Some of the ideas that have gone through my mind include using Bloodletters for the barbarians until a high enough level to start using their skills (warcries and combat skills) or simply to level for a while until switching to an endgame weapon (masteries) such as a windhammer or ribcracker. Something with plenty of crushing blow is key to the harder characters.

For the P&M amazon, I'll probably use a ribcracker as a weapon, as well as for the curse necro. But an option that someone on this forum has already done is to use the full Trang Oul's set with a high level Lower Resist curse to burn things to death with the fire skills. Finding a wand with some CE on it isn't difficult and will speed things up at /P1.

For the defensive auras paladin, I'll pump the resistance aura skills and use a scepter with vengeance on it. It'll be slower without conviction, unless you can find a scepter with both as staffmods. Strategic use of +skills will make that character (hopefully) viable. Personally I'll use a Kingslayer for high damage and CB at the end game.

Good luck on your progress, and keep an eye out for my guardian threads as they'll hopefully follow this pattern as well. My first, a lightning sorc named Crackle, is already done and running countess a bit for mid runes.

OS

For the P & M amazon, its daggerzon ftw! One of the safest characters i have ever played. And the killing isn't as slow as you would think it would be. Fleshripper + other crushing blowing/slowing gear and a source of either amp damage (atmas ammy does nice) or decrep (reaper's toll on merc) and you're ready to roll.

You have more mat/pats in this thread than I have in total :rolleyes: Interesting project.

Defensive pally should be easy if you can get a Cruel elite Scepter of something with +vengeance. You could get one with Caddy chippie rerolls with some effort. Plenty of synergies in the defensive tree to give you good damage output. I'm planning on doing one with my Kingslayer axe ... which is a great option if you are willing to spend almost Gul + Ist on the project.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High