Diablo 3?

Re: Diablo 3?

Even if they'd have D3 ready they wouldn't launch it. It would only draw people away from WoW, and there's no benefit in that for Blizzard. More likely they'll wait until WoW loses its momentum to some competitor - that would be a great moment to come with D3 to regain market share.

I think all of us have heard a rumor from someone that heard it from a friend that has a friend of a friend of a friend working for Blizzard :rolleyes:

I hope they do the same point of view, but make the character and monster models 3D. Then we can have more customization of the look of our characters. Height, weight, skin tone, etc.

if Starcraft II is any indication D3 will be 3D. Probably all you would need is a graphics card upgrade that would cost you maybe $50 for a powerful enough card. Blizz is usually pretty good about keeping the requirements low.

As for the story line. I think they are probably gonna use the broken boundary of heaven and hell idea. I can see demon hordes in heaven. An angel class. Possibly 2 factions.

One thing i would really like to see though. Tyreal kick some *** in more than a cinematic.

first post :)

i would be more than happy if Diablo 3 was just Diablo 2 in the Titan Quest engine. that would be glorious on its own. :)

if Starcraft II is any indication D3 will be 3D. Probably all you would need is a graphics card upgrade that would cost you maybe $50 for a powerful enough card. Blizz is usually pretty good about keeping the requirements low.

As for the story line. I think they are probably gonna use the broken boundary of heaven and hell idea. I can see demon hordes in heaven. An angel class. Possibly 2 factions.

One thing i would really like to see though. Tyreal kick some *** in more than a cinematic.

ohhh, yeah. I loved the battle scene in tal rasha's chamber, with Tyrael trying to get the soulstone and such. And also the last cinemetic with him destroying the worldstone. I just loved the animation on his wings. They look feather'd, but transparent so it looks like glowing tentacles or some ****. D:

It makes me feel so invigorated or something, Iguess.

Everyone I know who had been waiting for D3 has sucked it up and went to WoW. I know you have all heard this time and time again. But if you compare the 2, WoW is basically a 3D version of D2. And I think the success of D2 inspired them to make WoW the way it is. I'm not sure how successful Warcraft 3 was, but the concept between W3 and WoW is like day and night. Im sure you all know in W3 you play as Thrall, Arthas, etc. the main charachters in WoW lore. Now in WoW, you are YOU. I mean its basically like D2, you create a one-of-a-kind character. And cooperatively online, lvling up, collecting gear, and so on. I mean you even have the bank just like in D2. The only difference is, you have the in-game auction, instead of ebay. The character classes are basically the same Paladin, Barabarian=Warrior, Assassin=Rogue, Amazon=Hunter, Druid, Necromancer=Warlock, Sorceress=Mage, and they throw in a Shaman and Priest class. I mean a D3 game would obviously have to be way different to warrant even making. I know you all want 2D but I don't know if that is what Blizzard would want to market. Only idea I can think of is, for D3, doing something like Warcraft 3, where you play as te main characters in Diablo lore.

I play single player D2 and after 5 years of being hardcore in Everquest raiding and questing and questing and raiding i cant take the time or energy to do another mmorpg. I hope they make it off line and single player available also somehow...

Deep down D3 (if ever released) should remain a hack a slash built around the concept of character design. Sadly I could so easily see it travel the WoW domain. Its easy to imagine different areas for diff char groups. Like new barbs will start in harrogath and explore outward. Necros could start in old tristram where arcane magics lay hidden beneath the earth, pallys obviously in glorious Kurast (lol). I doubt new chars like a demon or angel will arise. Id bet on blends of current or others that stay within the theme and mold. For instance variation on a berb could be the berserker that favours big weps and damage, the beast master which could be a blend with the druid, and so on. In terms of baddies, some other evils still remain untouched in the game. With the destruction of the three, others could arise and cause all kinds of hell in the aftermath of the destroyed world stone. Perhaps even a point where the hero will revive the 3 to help him contain the newly released evils. All in all all we got is our speculation, I just hope they dont drop a monthly fee to play. Id say they are raking in enough $$ with the Wow universe, let us keep our Bnet lol

[highlight]IGN link removed by Gorny[/highlight]

[highlight]linked removed as it's a competing website - Orphan[/highlight]

Are you guys really that bored, and IncGamers really that paranoid?

It's totally absurd.

No, we do the job as supposed to.

That, and IGN supporting goldselling, etc.

Everyone I know who had been waiting for D3 has sucked it up and went to WoW. I know you have all heard this time and time again. But if you compare the 2, WoW is basically a 3D version of D2. And I think the success of D2 inspired them to make WoW the way it is. I'm not sure how successful Warcraft 3 was, but the concept between W3 and WoW is like day and night. Im sure you all know in W3 you play as Thrall, Arthas, etc. the main charachters in WoW lore. Now in WoW, you are YOU. I mean its basically like D2, you create a one-of-a-kind character. And cooperatively online, lvling up, collecting gear, and so on. I mean you even have the bank just like in D2. The only difference is, you have the in-game auction, instead of ebay. The character classes are basically the same Paladin, Barabarian=Warrior, Assassin=Rogue, Amazon=Hunter, Druid, Necromancer=Warlock, Sorceress=Mage, and they throw in a Shaman and Priest class. I mean a D3 game would obviously have to be way different to warrant even making. I know you all want 2D but I don't know if that is what Blizzard would want to market. Only idea I can think of is, for D3, doing something like Warcraft 3, where you play as te main characters in Diablo lore.

The problem I have with WoW is that it's turn-based, just like every other MMORPG. D2 is fast-action and totally hack n' slash, which is infinitely more fun to me. I like 2D graphics just as a preference (I appreciate the artwork and skill that goes into them), but even if D3 has three-dimensional graphics, they MUST make it a hack n' slash with the action in real time like it is now. I want to be able to tele around to avoid missile weapons, etc.

Are you guys really that bored, and IncGamers really that paranoid?

It's totally absurd.

The same response could be said about your post. The sites were removed in accordance with the rules of this board.

On topic, I have little doubt that D3 will be 3D. I also wouldn't mind if it was a MMORPG. But with the time it's taken for SC2 to not only be announced, but also released after that annoucement then I don't expect D3 to be out for another 2-3 years at least.

The problem I have with WoW is that it's turn-based, just like every other MMORPG.

Wow is turn based? Are you thinking of runescape? Wow is as non turn based as D2 is, but spells take time to cast instead of instant like on D2, but melee is still instant.

spiritclaw, so u think its ok to pay 50 bucks 4 the game and then pay every month to be allowed to play the game u just bought? Now the game becomes 20 bucks more expensive every month. after 1 year u've payed 290 bucks just to play game ? Sounds like a good idea???? not!!!!! This is why i dont play WOW, even though it looks like a game id be into 4 a long time.

Wow is turn based? Are you thinking of runescape? Wow is as non turn based as D2 is, but spells take time to cast instead of instant like on D2, but melee is still instant.

Sorry, I guess it isn't actually turn-based but it seems like it is... maybe it's just so much slower. I like running away from a line of arrows or hearing them bounce off my shield in D2 when I have high block. That fast, arcade action was totally missing from WoW for me. I thought it was too slow and clunky. I quit after 2-months.

spiritclaw, so u think its ok to pay 50 bucks 4 the game and then pay every month to be allowed to play the game u just bought? Now the game becomes 20 bucks more expensive every month. after 1 year u've payed 290 bucks just to play game ? Sounds like a good idea???? not!!!!! This is why i dont play WOW, even though it looks like a game id be into 4 a long time.

But you also get constant updates, expansions, mods ingame looking for cheaters and hackers, etc.

Plus the standard is $15 a month, less if you go for the longer plans. But say you pay the $15. That's $180 a year to play not counting the one time purchase price of the game itself. That figures out to about $0.50 a day. Pretty much anybody should be able to afford $0.50 a day. And that's a huge bargain when you figure that you can access the game pretty much anytime you want and play for as long as you want.

Thats fine, D2 isn't an mmo so you can't compare one, oh yeah and when was the last time you got a new patch for d2? Or some moderation of the game? Dupes still run rampant because you don't pay anything per month for the game, so they aren't going to spend the money fixing the dupes. You pay $15 a month for Wow(thats 2 hours of work on minimum wage, hardly anything) for constant updates, new content every couple of months and moderation on every server.

And what are you talking about becomes $20 more expensive every month? Its $15 a month even less if you buy long term. Its your opinion that $15 is too much but clearly it isn't because Wow has 9.5 million subscribers, and every mmo that has ever happened is pay per month, except some of the free korean MMO's but they aren't very good.

Sorry, I guess it isn't actually turn-based but it seems like it is... maybe it's just so much slower. I like running away from a line of arrows or hearing them bounce off my shield in D2 when I have high block. That fast, arcade action was totally missing from WoW for me. I thought it was too slow and clunky. I quit after 2-months.

Maybe at lower levels it seems turn based. Yes the not being able to dodge arrows and stuff is bad but thats the reason for cast times, if you spend 3 seconds casting your spell to have it miss then only melee type characters would survive and kill people, but when you get to level 70 and are pvping as a melee or casters it isn't turn based at all.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High