Grief bm?

I really hate Blizzards logic when making items like dracs and exile.
They wanted to do away with life leech in pvp, that's fine no problems. After you do something like that why go out and make an item that has ctc life tap that DOES work in pvp ?
If life leech still worked in pvp, ctc life tap items would probably be fine.
Makes me wonder if Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing in prior patches.
Yah exactly , and the only way to counter life tap is to use life tap on drac's or exile yourself unless you just wanna rely on your luck and hope your opponent doesnt cast it.

~I growl at Life tap~ ~ "Growl" *Wolf *"Snarl"~

I really hate Blizzards logic when making items like dracs and exile.
They wanted to do away with life leech in pvp, that's fine no problems. After you do something like that why go out and make an item that has ctc life tap that DOES work in pvp ?
If life leech still worked in pvp, ctc life tap items would probably be fine.
Makes me wonder if Blizzard knew exactly what they were doing in prior patches.

jay i do believe to the best of my knowledge that the first time ive seen
the words "blizzard" and "logic" in the same sentence.

^_^

Nah, Dracs is hit or miss with tap, it's fine.

EXILE on the other hand is lame.

ive always found that more often then not..the open wounds on dracs will activate more then ctc lifetap on a druid.

all it does for a zeal is greater increase they're chance to tap:p

I remaber how big of a life return from life tap and life leech are from 09. And it was a huge amount. See the big thing about life tap is that the amount you get from the person your fighting is 50% of whats left of theyre health. Its has a crushing blow effect in life leech. Where life leech you get a % amount of the damage you do. So if life leech was in dueling, now. You would see it being more effective then life tap if you had it at 50%. As in well heres my theroy.

Lets say you are fighting a person you bolth do the same amount of damage. And have the same amount of hit points.

Hp: 10,000
Damage: Flat 4,000 phy Around avarge amount people do in duels.

Now you hit the guy for 4000 damage after life tap was triggered on them. You get 5,000 life back. But theyre at 6,000 life. Now you attack them again and get 3,000 life back. And theyre at 2,000 life. You hit them again they die but you get 1,000 life.

Now lets say your doing 50% life leech. You hit the guy do 4000 damage you get 2000 life back. Theyre at 6,000. You hit the guy again 4000. You get back 2000. And theyre at 2,000 life. You hit again they die. And you get 2000 life back.

Also under stand that this wouldnt just happen in a nomal duel. The other guy would be hitting you back with the same damage amounts and life leech amounts as well.

Now most of us should remaber that the avarge amount of life leech a person had in 09. That was godly had around 20%. Thats how titen bvb barbs stayed alive. In 09 the avarge amount of damage was around half of what it is now.

I will stick to what I am saying even tho I am thinking about this wile I am typing. So what do you all think is life tap worce or still looks better then life leech? If life leech was around right now. Could it get up to around 50% and still have the lay out of a good melee vs melee or melee vs all?

See another thing I have learned about when I was using life tap. Was that I wasnt just jumping up in hp like I used to when I was able to use life leech. Its why I dont think its that bad. Normaly I wouldnt see any hp return but just the orb staying still at a low amount, when doing pvp. Pvm is a whole different story all together.

kingdryland your saying that they are letting grief in?

If so when will I stop hearing the how should I say it. The less known/lackys/fallowers/ well I think you get what I am trying to say. Stop spreading false info about this. I get sick of hearing info about greif phase, and eth exile. Like Ive heard greif phase blades only do 1k in damage, eth exiles arua gives you less def then a stormsheild, and (sorry kiba) quote " I have found that a high damage ebotdz does more damage then a low greif phase." Ya kiba its quoted not because you said it first. But because everyone keep quoting you and the claim theyre the first so. OO also they claim theyve heard it from you or they forgot who they heard it from. But they remaber the words perfectly for some dumb resson. They all ways seam to say that after I kill them with my LOW damage greif phase blade. And they just asume that I was using a high damage greif phase blade.

Last edited:
What about the second question that was more of a statement? Its just I get sick of readin it all the time when I am on bnet and in a paladin zealot game.

As in how long do you think it might take till the neg rumors that have spread around to filter theyre self out?

Basicly the ones pretaining to greif phase blades, and eth exiles.

Actually it is the first time that I hear such a rumour about exile, so I can't comment. As for grief, it is obvious that as long as the char screen doesn't display the correct damage, there are gonna be people that thing it is useless.

Yeah. You'd think 50k def pallies would be easy to spot with such an outrageous item at their disposal. That can't be good for PvM either.

rare bear,

Paladins have been getting the short end of the stick for ever. Its about time they got something good going. Pre 10 all you would see most of the time was a zealot. Then after that you would be lucky if you meet anything else.

Yeah, but that doesn't warrant completely breaking a class to compensate.

Since Druids don't have any runewords geared towards them I want on that's broken and gives 1000% AR. I mean, it's only fair since we got the short end of the runeword stick, right?

Giving exile to all classes would result in barbs with absolutely ridiculous defense. Iron skin,shout AND defiance.Splendid ,especially with fortitude on. I think that blizz should simply raise the defense of werebear and make maul uninterruptible,give a defense bonus to wolf (similar to what bear has now) and allow more weapons to hit 4fpa while shifted.

Giving exile to all classes would result in barbs with absolutely ridiculous defense. Iron skin,shout AND defiance.Splendid ,especially with fortitude on. I think that blizz should simply raise the defense of werebear and make maul uninterruptible,give a defense bonus to wolf (similar to what bear has now) and allow more weapons to hit 4fpa while shifted.

id rather add some sort of realism to the chars.

pallys shouldnt be the king of defense, barbs should
werewolves shouldnt have massive defense, bears should

Barbs were meant to/are designed to get hit and endure while perfectly able to dual wield.. That's why their defense boosting skills don't require a shield (iron skin/shout). Paladins on the other hand were meant to/are designed NOT to get hit that much and endure some, while shield is something like a must for them if they want defense (holy shield-they also have the best block stats in game). Ie barb is about having good defense/excellent life and pally excellent defense/good life. In my book paladins (knights in armor ,remember) should be the kings of defense anyway.

Where did I say that werewolves should have massive defense? I just pointed out that they could/should use a bit more, while bears should be propelled to pally/barb levels.

A Barbarian is a pure fighter/warrior, superior in all forms of combat/defense what ever.
A Paladin while being a Knight and exceling in all the above, he's also part preist. They spend half their lives in a church studying religion while a Barbarian being a nomadic type person basically spends his entire life fine tuning in his warrior abilities.
I just don't see in a sense of "realism" that a Paladin should have better defense than a Barbarian.

Lots of games prior to diablo 2 dictate the same trait's for each different classes. For example DnD games like baldurs gate/icewind dale all show exactly what I've explained. A Barbarian being master of melee and a Paladin being a melee slash preist type of character.

Massive defense was a poor choice of words, I just don't think a character such as a werewolf was meant to have much defense at all. They're all about speed/power and life regeneration(which I wish was on the werewolf skill instead of a useless stamina bonus)

In relating to diablo 2 I still think Barbarians should be the kings of defense followed by Paladins and werebears. Or maybe vice versa, which would seem better ideal to take a hit, a Paladin in huge armor and a shield or a massive bear ?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High