Grief bm?

rare bear,

Paladins have been getting the short end of the stick for ever. Its about time they got something good going. Pre 10 all you would see most of the time was a zealot. Then after that you would be lucky if you meet anything else.

I'm still waiting for Blizz to make some improvements on Druids...such as Werebears, (Better AR, Def), make SOB more effective or just replace it with something more useful, ability to summon Griz and wolves simultaneously, to name a few, or at least a good Druid runeword. I highly doubt this will happen though

A Barbarian is a pure fighter/warrior, superior in all forms of combat/defense what ever.
A Paladin while being a Knight and exceling in all the above, he's also part preist. They spend half their lives in a church studying religion while a Barbarian being a nomadic type person basically spends his entire life fine tuning in his warrior abilities.
I just don't see in a sense of "realism" that a Paladin should have better defense than a Barbarian.

In relating to diablo 2 I still think Barbarians should be the kings of defense followed by Paladins and werebears.

Very much agreed

This isn't DnD. It is Diablo and it has its own mythology. Paladins were knights, pure warriors meant to protect the missionaries, that impressed the heathen more than priests did and eventually replaced them, while remaining 100% warriors. And besides paladin casters (hammerdins etc) there are barb casters as well, the bards/singers.

Paladin is the Iron Clad knight with his hard to pierce plate armor. Makes perfect sense to me that the man behind all that heavy metal and 5 foot shield is the hardest to get hit. A paladin gets no life bonus (bo/shifting/oak),no minion stack,no d/a/e. He has only this, his awesome defense and block, both tied to his shield. His class specific item is the shield, the ultimate defensive item. Barb is the offensive dual wielding warrior and pally is the defensive/shield using one, simple as that. I'm glad that both in pvm and pvp, the most potent barb is a shieldless dual wielder (frenzy/bvc respectively), blizzard got that perfectly right. Barb is all about offense.

Druids are supposed to cast in human form and melee while shifted. Bear has the defense,wolf the fhr and both good life. The fact that they are indeed overlooked by blizz doesn't mean that the rest of the game should get messed up. I do support taking the bear in pally/barb defense levels, albeit it seems to me that shifters resemble barbs more, having the life and/or the ability to recover quickly after getting hit. In any case, shifters suffer more in the offensive area, especially maulers. It is a pity that there are literally only a handfull of weapons for them.

I can agree with that. Then just make Smite AR dependent and blockable. That would make the world a brighter place >.>

I want Werewolves to get a FRW passive bonus per level in WW. That would make maxing it worth it.

This isn't DnD. It is Diablo and it has its own mythology. Paladins were knights, pure warriors meant to protect the missionaries, that impressed the heathen more than priests did and eventually replaced them, while remaining 100% warriors. And besides paladin casters (hammerdins etc) there are barb casters as well, the bards/singers.

Paladin is the Iron Clad knight with his hard to pierce plate armor. Makes perfect sense to me that the man behind all that heavy metal and 5 foot shield is the hardest to get hit. A paladin gets no life bonus (bo/shifting/oak),no minion stack,no d/a/e. He has only this, his awesome defense and block, both tied to his shield. His class specific item is the shield, the ultimate defensive item. Barb is the offensive dual wielding warrior and pally is the defensive/shield using one, simple as that. I'm glad that both in pvm and pvp, the most potent barb is a shieldless dual wielder (frenzy/bvc respectively), blizzard got that perfectly right. Barb is all about offense.

Druids are supposed to cast in human form and melee while shifted. Bear has the defense,wolf the fhr and both good life. The fact that they are indeed overlooked by blizz doesn't mean that the rest of the game should get messed up. I do support taking the bear in pally/barb defense levels, albeit it seems to me that shifters resemble barbs more, having the life and/or the ability to recover quickly after getting hit. In any case, shifters suffer more in the offensive area, especially maulers. It is a pity that there are literally only a handfull of weapons for them.

I never said it was DnD, although WoW took alot of pages from DnD into their game so there maybe there is a similiar influence in the rest of their games, hence my example.

I'm clearly arguing what I think should be, while blizzard has their own definition.

You can't argue that a Paladin is typically is a fighting/preist type class, even a Druid falls into that category, usually being more like a preist. Blizzard choose to make them all more pure fighters/casters to make them more fun to play as this is a more arcadish type game. No one would want to play a Paladin if their lvl 30 skill was "lay on hands".

In Blizzard's d2 world they have made a Paladin the toughest warrior so in that sense you're right. I was arguing in a sense of realism and history of each class from every other game that it shouldn't be that way.

I can agree with that. Then just make Smite AR dependent and blockable. That would make the world a brighter place >.>

I want Werewolves to get a FRW passive bonus per level in WW. That would make maxing it worth it.

I've allways said that. Even making smite one of the two would be fine for everyone else while still making that build really strong. Make hammer's blockable too.

If you make smite ar dependent and blockable you automatically kill it, it becomes a slower zeal that can't leech,can't hit multiple opponents, can't deliver deadly strike, can't have elemental damage...Hammers shouldn't become blockable, we just need magic resist % items,like 30-40% like DR%.

If you make smite ar dependent and blockable you automatically kill it, it becomes a slower zeal that can't leech,can't hit multiple opponents, can't deliver deadly strike, can't have elemental damage...Hammers shouldn't become blockable, we just need magic resist % items,like 30-40% like DR%.

Those two classes are over powered though. What do you recommend ?

I'd love to block Smite. First I want to see the fix where Grief doesn't add damage to Smite. Then we can go from there since it'll lose a lot of power from that alone.

I agree with a good amount of items that would have resist magic on them. But dont cap off the resist magic at 75% make it 25% or 50%. I am only saying this because I do like the ideal of having a elemental group that does just pure damage.

In real life I dought smite could be blockable. I can see it being dodged easyly. If you could make it a range 1 attack only. Then ya smite would be easyer to deal with.

Paladins where preists that traveled from town to town. That had troubles wile traveling in the first year they started trying to do that. All of them where killed off. Then they started training them to fight as well. Thats when they where able to actly get to the towns. And help the people there. When they where there they would preach, protect, and help the people in the villages.

The barbarians are the portectors of the world stone. GREAT JOB THEY DID THERE... Ok any ways. Yes they did do all of theyre time training to fight. But they are also shamans of theyre small nomadic tribes. Yes they too are preists of some sort. Each tribe uses a certern type of weapon. Every kind of weapon but the wands and daggers are used.
Swords = bul- kathos - Leader of the barbarains. I think he got it from killing the inmortal king. But I dought thats a fact based off of anything. He also had a addvicer that was a druid. The druid who ever he name is Fiacla-G'ear. He was known sometimes as Trusted confidant, close friend, and/or Brother.
Blunt = bear
axe = wolf
pole arm = boar - I think
Spear = serpent

Ok on to the druid.
They life in the forests that suround the mountains of Arreat, Scosglen. What they did was they would own a tree/home kind of thing. I imange it as a tower. Alone they would protect the villages. 1 druid to protect a whole village. And sometimes made demands of the villagers. In theyre tree towers. They would develop theyre martail arts, and hone theyre oneness with nature. In other words the tree houses where forts to be trained in.

Now thats what I belived but the book says different.

They didnt have 1 druid per tree fort but it was a collage. And not just 1 in each collage. But many and in one of these collages. The collages are morterless stone towers, HUGE! They where covered in vines and where saftly hiddin under the dence forst canopies. In the collages they would train in theyre own languges and cut theyre self off from theyre barbarian cusions. The life style they live by is called the Coai D'ulra. A way of thinking that holds harmony with the natural elements of the world, its plants and animals, as the heart of its most intrisic beliefs, for they are the personification of the very world that the druids have sworn to protect. Coai D'ulra isnt only the disapline of they're life but. Its also the magic they use to protect theyre self from danger. It is the jucie we use to change shape, call forth the animals around us, and even change the weather. Yes every druid is a weather machine.

Ok so why do the druids beat up on the big foots we see in act 1? Thats because they are demoic corruptions called leathdhiabhala. Ya thats a word, really yes it is. I had to say that. I mean come on how do you even pronouse Leathdhiabhala. Could this word be in a spelling b? Would only the cool kids even know what they teachers mean when they say it?

:fortuneteller:
Teacher: Leathdhiabhala
Student: Can I get that in a sentence, plz?
Teacher: Spell leathdhiabhala or Ill kick your leathdhiabhala.
Student: um leathdahibahala.

you forgot to mention whether the nomadic barbarian tribes were horticuluralists or pastororialists? ha jk

so anyways, I think the game's balanced enough as it is. Anything you do would prolly just cause druids to become overpowered... or some other class to be the new paladins. I think the main problem with smite is Grief, remove grief and you'll solve the problem for smite.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High