Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

oh dear, I somehow thought you had rolled Grizzly as a normal skill. Checking again, I was badly mistaken and your skills after all are really bad. 😱

Fast progress still, though! Keep it up!

Yeah, well, I guess you really have to rely on your merc a lot while you enjoy the scenery... On the bright side: your weapon roll allows you to carry a Shael Shael Shael Shael Shael Shael Phase Blade for ultimate attack speed in Wereform! 😬🙈
I bet i would have locked Grizzly instead of Lycanthropy ;-)

Weapon wise, I'd go for a 5 Shael one (GL on SP) with a Rhyme Troll nest...but I will need a skill to make some damage, Werebear will not be here forever xD

Edit: checking options, I noticed that activated skills from other class is not allowed, therefore Passion is not an option - and so was CtA for Frida oO

Edit 2: at clvl 17, i could gamble a Giant sword, that turnt Deadly...maybe i should continue, but i'm torn between getting a better Giant sword and saving gold for a poleaxe later.
V8QVLoDl.jpg

Last edited:
Hurricane => Lycanthropy => Rabies

Axe => Broad Axe

BTW I am unsure how this should work. As Lycanthropy is a "normal skill" should the permanent skill take precedence and Lycanthropy become a permanent skill? Then Rabies become the Normal skill?
To answer your question, yes, in future iterations it will be changed to be that way. A reroll will take a normal skill make it forever and then a reroll to get a new normal skill. It is just a tad to bit into the tournament to modify that character creation rule this year.

Rabies will need rerolled as well as it is also a normal skill:
Forever Skills
Hurricane
Shock Wave
Summon Grizzly

Normal Skills
Maul
Lycanthropy
Werewolf
Poison Creeper
Maul => Maul => Rabies Game really wants you to use Maul lol

I also decided on rerolling my Light Belt in my Armor slot.

To answer your question, yes, in future iterations it will be changed to be that way. A reroll will take a normal skill make it forever and then a reroll to get a new normal skill. It is just a tad to bit into the tournament to modify that character creation rule this year.

Rabies will need rerolled as well as it is also a normal skill:
Forever Skills
Hurricane
Shock Wave
Summon Grizzly

Normal Skills
Maul
Lycanthropy
Werewolf
Poison Creeper
Maul => Maul => Rabies Game really wants you to use Maul lol

I also decided on rerolling my Light Belt in my Armor slot.

my bad. but also ffs how many times am I rolling duplicate skills

Hurricane=> Lycnathropy=> rabies=>shockwave=>rabies=>maul=>Summon Dire Wolf

Light Belt => Heavy Belt

• Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
Dire Wolves and Grizzly...Oh my, Thanks @Jcakes

I'm thinking of locking Rabies as it'll give me good physical and poison damage. Let me ponder the day away working on this, any input from fellow players?

If anything I'd lock Lycan. You're going to be spending most of your time in Werebear form to use Shockwave so using rabies will be a bit annoying, plus with no guaranteed synergy it's not going to be that effective anyway

As far as PI's go, your best bet is to find a weapon with ctc amp damage or a barb merc with Lawbringer for the CTC decrepify.

Dire Wolves and Grizzly...Oh my, Thanks @Jcakes

I'm thinking of locking Rabies as it'll give me good physical and poison damage. Let me ponder the day away working on this, any input from fellow players?

If SP, it could be interesting to lock Rabies to ensure a second kind of damage (third kind would be via HF merc?), and in case of synergy in Hell, jackpot!

If not SP, there are other things to do, like yes a Lawbringer weap - even on switch for yourself I hadn't checked your weapon types! Being a life meatshield could be interesting then, and Lycanthropy can do that. Oh, and on a side note, Stone has Clay golem charges! So it could seal the fights vs last bosses.

But the question is, widely, what would you hope to lock instead of Rabies? HoW? Oak sage? Armageddon? Raven? Fire claws?

Rabies, as a spreading disease, would pair nicely with stun&summons I guess, even if the non synergized damage would be that huge, at least it would be!

Last edited:
He can't use Lawbringer himself due to weapon types. The problem with Rabies is you need to shift into Werewolf to use it, I think it will be a bit clunky given most of the time you'll want to be in werebear form for Shockwave. Trust me when i say that Shockwave is an incredible skill - 10 seconds of stun is amazing crowd control.

Personally I'd lock lycanthropy for the extra duration werebear and the bonus life and use ctc amp or lawbringer as your PI solution.

Reactions: Babyhell
Groot has killed Baal and will now take on the cows before heading off to Nightmare. Can someone role me the NM skills? I want to lock Grizzly from the normal skill set.

I am really hoping for something great here, Groot is just standing around watching the bear kill stuff.

Roll the dice, please (y)

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     84     WSK 2 Hell             45 (Guardian)
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     73     Rogue Encampment H     30
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         21
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     46     NM Rogue Encampment    18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Aergh                Nec     31     Rogue Encampment NM    15 
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     Rogue Camp NM          15 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     45     Rogue Camp (NM)        15
   Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     27     Harrogath              12
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     16     Outer cloister          0

@queenEm here are your rolls results!

Forever skills
Tornado
Fissure
Heart of the wolverine
Summon grizzly (Locked from Normal)

NM Skills
3-7 Summon Dire Wolf
1-6 Twister
2-5 Maul
1-2 Molten boulder

Summoner times with @Vang's roll it seems :)

Hmm... it seems very similar to my normal ones... I had both Twister and dire wolf there as well. Is that allowed or does it require a re-roll? Not complaining, since the wolves will make my bear even stronger and in that case I might lock that skill already now...

Well you can lock only one skill forever, that had been the Grizzly - which was the best decision.

Yes this time random had been pretty similar...at least you'll be trained for the gameplay, and by the end of nightmare see how those pets work maxed xD
Excellent, thanks a lot!

Let the nightmare begin... Moahahaha!!!

Heading to the catacombs

Since last time didn't push a lot (got back into SC LK for a Sur for my bowazon project), only cleant Tamoe and the Pits. Nothing noticeable, but a gambled Giant sword at clvl 17, only a magical one:
V8QVLoDl.jpg

Next time will be pushing into the Jail, maybe even getting to the Inner cloister.

Edit: For now cleaning is easy until i face a curse group, especially archer, who makes me use all my life and rejuv pots from belt... hope i'll still have some for Andariel, getting minor healing pots will not be enough at all for a biggie bear health pool -_-
G2nJcTbl.jpg

The archers were the very next boss pack... hopefully i went back to town before facing them!

Ended at lvl 19, using now HoW instead of Oak sage:
cPWNWqul.jpg

Edit2: progressed until catacombs waypoint, and hit lvl 20 while clearing this area. Will therefore fight Andariel at this lvl, with a 1pt HoW, 12 in Werebear, and 5 in Lycanthropy (lvl 6 thanks to the wolf head).

See you on next update!

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     84     WSK 2 Hell             45 (Guardian)
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     73     Rogue Encampment H     30
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         21
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     46     NM Rogue Encampment    18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     Rogue Camp NM          15 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     27     Harrogath              12
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     20     Catacombs lvl 2         0

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal
Deeds3.png

Hey, look at that - Niminy made it as far as the Arreat Plateau!

Code:
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     28     Arreat Plateau         13 (RIP)
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     20     Catacombs lvl 2         0

On to Act 2 #GotPoints!

Well since last post, i only completed the catacombs and faced Andariel... who was easier to handle than i thought, even on p8.
WgB68ipl.jpg

Upgrade oriented on FHR...
TAxCZ75l.jpg

lucrm8nl.jpg

Still not lvl 21, but most important thing is that with the chipped diamonds dropped, i am getting closer to use the Savage recipe :) Will find the cube soon!

It will be of interest to shop for a Breast plate too, only have an Ith so it wouldn't be for a runeword, but some more MF would be welcome

Edit: The savage cube quest
Since last time, got the Dry hills waypoint, still haven't cleant the first tomb in the first area - I may at some point - and got the cube!

Could therefore cube two polearms. Well... first is a Partizan with 73ed, lvlreq 23 but stats are too high to equip it, and the other one should be usable by merc at lvl 25, stats reqs are much lower, but it's not a poleaxe...sic.

See you on next update/edit!

Code:
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     28     Arreat Plateau         13 (RIP)
SP   Babyhell          BrianTribute         Dru     22     Dry hills               3

Last edited:
The only tournament in progress on page 2? No way! Where is everyone? I became sidetracked by the release of Magic Core Set 2021...

So it is still NM Mephisto as my next stop, but coming next weekend, I will find some time again. How is everyone else doing?

@Swamigoon: Very sorry about your deeds!

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High