Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

I am on my way to face the ancients. Can someone roll up my NM skills?

For reference:
Forever Skills
Decoy
Fend
Lightning Strike

Normal Skills
Multishot
Inner Sight
Critical Strike
Power Strike
Poison Javelin

Reactions: Babyhell and Grisu
I am on my way to face the ancients. Can someone roll up my NM skills?

For reference:
Forever Skills
Decoy
Fend
Lightning Strike

Normal Skills
Multishot
Inner Sight
Critical Strike
Power Strike
Poison Javelin
Nightmare Skills:
Poison Javelin
Plague Javelin
Dodge
Inner Sight
Evade

Well, seems like you get to "enjoy" the safe but slow beauty of killing with Plague Javelin... 🙈 🤪

@Babyhell It isn't specified in the rules on if your not doing single pass, so it is fair game.

In hindsight I didn't make the rules very clear on non-single pass characters as a lot is up to interpretation. For example, once you leave an act, should you be allowed to farm in it? (e.g;, NM countess when I'm in Act2?) I think the most effective was is just play how you want if you are non-single pass and treat the tournament as a "I want to make a Random Tournament Guardian and will farm until I succeed because I need great success!"

@Jcakes Those Hell Skills don't seem to bad.

@Vildecor Poison Tossing fool you got there for a hot NM minute!

As for my untold entry number, yeah the Necromancer...In Act3 and I can't seem to find the time to play as I'm in a RL time crunch and I'm beat as I just got home and have to be out the door in 4 hrs.

@Vang great! You are right, I have a side project being making a Sept of HC character, Frida would be my Amazon entry (hopefully). I may give a shot to a real SP character afterwards (hesitating between druid, paladin and necromancer, I will have some time to decide). Probably druid!

@Jcakes If i'm right on the skills, here are your rolls:

Forever skills
2-6: Holy freeze
3-5: Charge
1-8: Meditation-> Concentration (initial reroll)
1-10 salvation-> saved from NM skills (am I right?)

Hell Skills
3-6 Vengeance
3-3 Holy bolt
1-2 Resist fire
2-6 Holy freeze -> 3-7 Blessed hammer

Could you just confirm that salvation was locked? If so you can choose between some Avenger or Hammerdin... get your lvl 17 Insight ready!

Yep salvation was locked. Looks interesting, not quite sure how I will play it yet.

Forever Skills
Decoy
Fend
Lightning Strike

Normal Skills
Multishot
Inner Sight
Critical Strike
Power Strike
Poison Javelin

Armor
Light Armor
Full Helm => Great Helm
Gothic Shield
Chain Gloves
Chain Boots
Light Belt

Weapons
Maiden Javelin
Maiden Pike
Long Bow
Glaive => Pilum

Normal difficulty has been finished. Larzuk's quest was used on the first ethereal exceptional polearm found, and due to no Sol drops, he is still sporting a Ral+Tir+Tal only War Scythe. Saving Anya rewarded me with something useless, so I went back to Charsi to get an imbue on a Maiden Javelin. The results were not too exciting:

svsOcJb.jpg

I won't be wasting runes to upgrade this one. I did find another plain Maiden Javelin to burn a NM imbue on, with hopefully better results. On the way to the ancients, I got my first Amn rune and was able to cube socket a Gothic Shield. It came out with three sockets, so Ancient's Pledge is now the primary shield. Two sockets would have been great for Rhyme, but I still have no Shael runes either.

The ancients were no match against Power Strike. I littered the ground with potions, and only ended up needing a few mana pots before the last two fell. Lightning Strike was nearly maxxed by the time I reached the Throne of Destruction, and it of course obliterated the minion waves. Lister's pack survived the longest thanks to their outrageous health values, requiring repeat returns to town to restock on mana pots.

1ZRQVFS.jpg

The Baal fight took about 15 minutes with several potion restocking trips, but was never dangerous. Only one clone was cast and I let him vanish while chatting with Malah. His drops left nothing useful, but the Maelstrom was ethereal, which was nice bonus.

NH1EkM8.jpg

The Moo Moo farm was a piece of cake with Lightning Strike, but the darn cows refused to give up a Sol or Shael rune. It was apparently TC3 day for the cows, as I got both Death's Guard and The Hand of Broc there. They also gave me my first nice screenshot with the Chain Lightning effect of Lightning Strike going off.

I will miss using Lightning Strike in NM, as I now have maxxed both Poison and Plague Javelin. 5 points have gone into Decoy, and the rest will be going into Fend. At least that was the plan. I may give up Fend for Lightning Strike after all as it will probably kill packs more quickly, even unsynergized.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     82     River of flame Hell    39
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         21
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     48     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     32     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     28     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     24     Kurast Docks            4
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

(Added the 3 single-pass bonus points to Jcakes's and Grisu's characters for completing normal difficulty)

@Vang: @Vildecor's post made me think of something: We are allowed to go back to collect quest rewards - but are we allowed to go back in difficulties for that??? I assumed so, but since Vildecor grabbed his rewards at the end of Normal...?? (*crosses fingers*)

Gearing up for Diablo - part two
Results in LK after 500 runs on p3 were so-so regarding rune drops, but gave some really nice tools beside. So decided to get to p5 now that the map is handled, and contains multiple life refill shrines (good map for that I'd say, runs around 80s).

P3 finds
Since last time, LK delivered some upgrades, the two best ones in my opinion being the amulet and the Diamond mail, that rolled 4os (see dumps below).

Found half a great 3/20 javelin, and another tri res FRW boots, but overall big finds were charms and jewels. In the rune side, a Mal drop came at run 462.

Code:
Entropy Mark
Amulet
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0xc4fe5dd9
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+5 to Minimum Damage
+7 to Strength
All Resistances +19
Poison Resist +25%
22% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Cruel Track
Scarabshell Boots
Defense: 58
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 91
Fingerprint: 0x7100c42d
14% Chance to cast level 5 Charged Bolt when struck
+20% Faster Run/Walk
Cold Resist +37%
Fire Resist +17%
Poison Resist +35%

Diamond Mail
Defense: 471
Durability: 16 of 26
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 131
Fingerprint: 0x96b386ca
Item Level: 79
4 Sockets (0 used)

Cobalt Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0xfa931f84
Unidentified
+17 to Life
Cold Resist +8%

Steel Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xdf3c24a6
Unidentified
+34 to Attack Rating
+14 to Life

Coral Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x975a8f8a
Unidentified
+12 to Life
Lightning Resist +8%

Russet Small Charm of Dexterity
Small Charm
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0xf8325568
Unidentified
+2 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +7%

Ruby Jewel of Ennui
Jewel
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x89e47e52
Unidentified
31% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 16 Lightning Damage

Realgar Jewel of the Icicle
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x960e108f
Unidentified
28% Enhanced Damage
Adds 2 - 7 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Death Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x5687ab09
14% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 17 Lightning Damage
Cold Resist +8%
Lightning Resist +8%
Fire Resist +8%
Poison Resist +8%
Attacker Takes Damage of 3

Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xa8e70775
+15% Increased Attack Speed

Eburine Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x67f4510e
Unidentified
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+14 Defense

P5 - 10 runs only, but...
Without doubt it was a good decision... on run 507:

And this little stretch delivered also this really nice sc
Code:
Amber Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x6dee8a51
Unidentified
+15 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

I bet I'm going to stick to p5..!

The run(e)s
Rich (BB code):
Last runs DD/MM/YYYY: 11/06/2020
/p7 | Lem | Pul |  Um | Mal | Ist |
    |   0 |   1 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
    | Gul | Vex | Ohm |  Lo | Sur | Ber |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
~60secs/run
30 runs, 0:30
/p5 | Lem | Pul |  Um | Mal | Ist |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   1 |   0 |   0 |
~80secs/run
10 runs, 7:25, 2 campfires
/p3 | Lem | Pul |  Um | Mal | Ist |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   1 |   0 |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
~45secs/run
400 runs, 5:10, 1 campfire
~75secs/run
100 runs, 7:15, 2 campfires

See you on next update!

Reactions: Vildecor and Grisu
Gearing up for Diablo - part three
After the Ist from the forge, the Mal from LK p3, now an Ohm went from a superchest. So I was there for armor upgrades, but in the end everything points towards a CtA.

Great...but I never ever thought about this, therefore I never kept any 5os bow base... well, I may give a try to CS after the CtA and the merc Stone (my own Smoke may lasts, doing a Fortitude in a medium armor feels like a waste. But I am going to craft a bow CtA afterall...oO).

Well after some more LK runs, decided to change a bit of activity, and ran a bit of Countess, Pits, on p1. Also at some point earlier decided to try my way through the River of Flame, and it gave me lvl 83 (didn't push further), now heading towards 84 with all that Countess/Hole/Pits running.

LK
LK delivered something to solve my merc life leech issue... but it is not usable :-/ This bow isn't either, but is a nice base for a Rogue Faith - even though strength req is quite high.

Black marsh/Countess/Pits/Hole
Then i went back to Countess running, and on the first runs, a Nagelring popped.

The CtA bow (maybe) went to be dropped in the Pits from a minion. As a superior base, it's still cool isn't it?

Then found a really nice Diamond mail, 486 def, but it rolled 1os :-(

Anyway, Countess ended to cough some nice runes, being this Pul and - finally - an Um rune, on the same run of a nice 697 def eth Dusk Shroud (not ebugged yet). It was time to use the ebugged Ornate plate, and make the merc's Stone:
jr8rragl.jpg

Merc resistances using Stone are at 62. Meh...

So here i stopped for now. The Lo is not used yet, the CtA not crafted either - will i really craft this in a bow -_- but anyway, i'll update the table with this one level up :)

See you on next update!

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     83     River of flame Hell    39
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         21
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     48     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     48     Rogue Encampment NM    18
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    18 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     32     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Reactions: Vang and Grisu
Just a brief update: Niminy has reached the LK waypoint after retrieving Khalim's eyeball and brain, but has only advanced to level 25. I was able to purchase a magic war axe from Hratli, though, which has improved his damage a bit. Still haven't found another mask, so the mercenary's head is still exposed.

Editorial comment: concentrate is a nice right-mouse-button skill. ;)

Baal has fallen and Nightmare is done. Apparently I didn't take many screenshots through Act 5 - so couldn't have been too interesting....

Act 5 was much tougher than previous acts due to all the Cold Immune that were spawning, most of the time I resorted to converting ~ half of the mobs and then waiting for the merc to kill the CI's. Very tedious and took a long long time. I played the first half of the act at between /p7 and /p5, but did WSK and Throne room at /p3.

Biggest fright came from NM ancients as one spawned FE - a quick refresh and the second set weren't nearly as bad. Mr Merc still died, but not before helping me with the first two Ancients. Which just left me and Madawk (spoiler I was successful).

Baal was easy again - slows target from general flail + cold damage means he just sit's around doing nothing most of the time.

Like I said not many screnshots this time round
Screenshot022.jpg

Pity it's not useable that would be nice on the Merc.

Screenshot036.jpg

Only S/U from Cow level.

Working on a Vengeance / holy frost Pally now for the remainder of the game. Going to go something like 20 HF, 20 Salvation, 20 Vengeance, 20 Resist Fire - remainder in Concentration for CIs.

Did get this in Act 1 Hell. Hopefully I'll roll 4 sockets.

Screenshot037.jpg

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     83     River of flame Hell    39
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     73     Rogue Encampment H     30

@Jcakes i was hoping for this Vengeance path. Waiting for the updates ;-)

Yeah it seemed the best to me. If I'd got one hammer synergy I might have tried that.

Edit: Welp. Maybe not. Cursed is nasty .... Still kind of impressed I made it this far with a Single Pass random character. Hell is a significant step-up from NM.

Screenshot001.jpg

Last edited:
Random.org tells me I need to play an Amazon. So can someone roll me up?

2x Bow, 1x javelin, 1 x ama jav

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
Random.org tells me I need to play an Amazon. So can someone roll me up?

2x Bow, 1x javelin, 1 x ama jav
That's the spirit! Fall off the bike and get back on it immediately, still, very sorry about your deeds!

I'll be back with your Amazon in a few minutes!

Jcake's Amazon:

Forever Skills:
Dodge
Evade -> Freezing Arrow (initial reroll)
Immolation Arrow
Cold Arrow (locked normal skill)

Normal Skills:
Guided Arrow
Impale
Lightning Fury
Explosion Arrow

Weapons:
Long Bow -> Hunter's Bow
Long War Bow
Pilum
Maiden Javelin

Armor:
Light Armor
Crown -> Circlet
Leather Gloves
Heavy Boots
Heavy Belt
Kite Shield

Well, that looks like a really bad roll skill wise... I really would habe wished for Valkyrie instead of Evade, but alas! RNG has chosen!

Any rerolls?

Last edited:
U
That's the spirit! Fall off the bike and get back on it immediately, still, very sorry about your deeds!

I'll be back with your Amazon in a few minutes!

Forever Skills:
Dodge
Evade
Immolation Arrow

Normal Skills:
Cold Arrow
Guided Arrow
Impale
Lightning Fury
Explosion Arrow

Weapons:
Long Bow
Long War Bow
Pilum
Maiden Javelin(I actually don't know if you can choose a subclass of your class-specific items. I thought the roll was done over all available class items, in which case it would be Maiden Spear. Edit: nevermind, found the ruling. You were right and can choose Maiden Javelin)

Armor:
Light Armor
Crown
Leather Gloves
Heavy Boots
Heavy Belt
Kite Shield

Well, that looks like a really bad roll skill wise... I really would habe wished for Valkyrie instead of Evade, but alas! RNG has chosen!

Any rerolls?

Re-roll evade, Long Bow, Crown

Reactions: Babyhell
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High