Your D2 moment of 2008 & ambitions for 2009

Callador

Mar 27, 2007
Your D2 moment of 2008 & ambitions for 2009

I remember this nice thread by Slothman from last year so I thought it would approriate to put one up fot this year.

What was your most rememberable D2 moment in year 2008 and what goals you have for 2009? And if you set goals for yourself in the beginning of 2008 it would be interesting to hear how well you fulfilled those :)

Last year I had these goals set for myself:
Goals for 2008:
- mat/pat at least 5 chars
- make a Guardian
- got my Grail score to -10
- participate in at least 1 tourney
- try PvP a little more
- get Infinity :rolleyes:
- have fun

and I completed all except getting a Guardian... (started my first HC char but he's "only" at Normal act 5 at the moment).
My "D2 moment of 2008" was definetely getting my lightsorc Cindy to lvl 98, followed by getting the Infinity.

For year 2009 I have next goals:
- get Cindy to lvl 99
- complete a Guardian
- find at least one high rune
- get my self-found grail score at least to -5 (-10 at the moment)
- have fun

Happy New Year to everyone! :thumbup:

Re: Your D2 moment of 2008 & ambitions for 2009

- My first Mat and Pat

- Will endeavour to create more of the above

Gee, I'm just full of ambition aren't I? It's far too early on new years day to be thinking about dreams and goals. All I want for now is another cuppa.

:coffee:

gg on completing almost all of your goals, Callador! :thumbup: Hope you reach lv99 soon (MFO again???)

- trying to win either the Ladder or the untwinked MF tourney - or both :wink2:
- get my grail down to -1.
- get my perfect grail to 90% (0.71% left...really slow going though)
- Guardian a few other characters - if possible some of my Obsession sept (yeah, Wolron, they're still alive *g*)
- Get my 1.07 sorceress to LK and rack that eth Glorious Axe for my Overkill Kingslayer sorceress.
- Make her even more overkill by equipping her merc with an Infinity...*cough* so...gib bers! :laugh:
- HF. Rushing. A lot. Make some nice RWs out of it.

- winning untwinked MFO? check
- winning ladder? check
- grail down to -1? check
- perfect grail over 90%? check (91.86% atm)
- new guardians? check (only 1 though - my ladder hammerdin)
- racked 1.07 eth Glorious Axe, made Kingslayer in it? kind of...went for a Decapitator instead
- Infinity? Fail. But that wasn't really a goal for 2008...or was it?? :scratchchin:
- HF ruhing? Check. 14 sets, so not really "a lot", but well, it was in 1.11...

Hey, that's more than I expected! :) So, what about 2009? I think I will have far less time than last year, so here are my moderate goals:

- finish my Bountyhunter Paladin (currently Act I Hell, Cloister WP)
- get my 1.09 classic sorc HF rusher ready to rush (currently lv31, killed normal Diablo)
- run RoF at /p5 until I find that Lo (and maybe some Jah or Chams on my way:whistling:) to finally make that Doom RW
- guardian at least 1 character with that Doom RW
- hit 92% with my perfect grail...

Well, happy new year every one and may all your dreams come true (D2 and RL ;-)!

This is what i wrote in the last thread:

Yes i remember this thread, great idea.

Cant say i have done much d2 wise in 07. I guess the only mentional thing for me is :Got my first HC Conqueror. Ironically it occured on the last day of 07 but meh.

2008:
Hard to say. I am starting my final year of school so i am not sure if i will play d2. Or i can play but be very limited. Not sure.
However my one and only goal i have for 08 or any year is to make a guardian and avoid going cookie-cutter (Yuck).

Well i was right. I didn't have much time to play D2 this year and the time i did have was rushed (hence alot of HC deaths due to rushing). My main goal, getting a guardian, has not happened yet.

Hoping to change that this year!!!!

So....

D2 moment for 08-
nothing really

D2 ambitions-
Get a tournament Guardian!

D2 Moment of 2008?

Check

Plans for 2009? Try not to repeat this in D3 if / when it launches, though... None for D2. No relapse in sight. Then again, I do feel like taking some of my more fun guardians for a spin in the WS K... Must... resist... .... .... ah, what the heck... :badteeth:

2008:
Well, I basically started playing last year, so no big moments here, except my first pat and another who is coming along very nicely + some others in progress. Got a lot of nice items, mostly through giveaways (thanks y'all!) so I can potentially do viable characters that are fun. Which is good.

2009:
1) Complete a sept
2) Use some of the nice items people have given me (IKSC)
3) Make Grief and Fort (involves LK)
4) Survive with the Peasant's tourney pala.
4.1) Or make a another tourney character and guardian it.
5) Make a thorns charger or a pure converter or a martyr or any of the wacky builds that are possible with paladins (pala-sept?)
6) Find all the class-specific sets, make another sept with those

I hope to complete at least point 1.

memorable moments? Well, finally introducing myself and starting to participate actively to this wonderful forum. That was in february methinks.

And my first ber, which started it all..

This year? Finish the electrocutess. It will require a lot of things to do and find ..
And generally, have fun playing the game again, coz Im a bit numbed by all the running. Make some offroad builds. Finish my crazy sept.

Dont let Diablo to crunch too much of my RL time :D

2008:

I don't recall anything that extraordinary in 2008, but I have made a few guardians, some of which were easy, some of which were not. I have lost two conquerors, fortunately both untwinked so there was no tragic item loss. As for finds, I came across a Mang Song's Lesson, which is now my rarest unique, and 2 Lo runes. I have also found a Sur, but that was maybe back in 2007, and I am too lazy to look for the screenshot timestamp. Not bad considering I no longer play so extensively as I used to.

2009:

I remember myself always saying "I love necromancers", but I have been spending most of my time with sorcs, simply because they are so good MFers and I like MFing a lot. Not to mention they are my second favourite class. So, one of my ambitions for 2009 is to finally spend time with the necros, no matter if I find less items or runes on the way. Having fun should be the most important aspect and sometimes I am probably forgetting that.

Therefore, my goals are:

1) Make it to level 95 running various areas with a necromancer
2) Find 27 grailers. I am now missing 37, grail -10 seems like a reasonable goal.
3) Finish my HC untwinked septemvirate - this should be easy, I only need 2 more guardians and both are already on NM.
4) Make some wacky characters and have fun!

I wish you good luck reaching all your goals, both in D2 and RL!

My most memorable moment from 2008 was finding a Gul in AT with my blizzard sorc. It was the first rune I'd seen drop above Um in all the time I've been playing (on and off since launch).

My 2009 goals are still in the making, but for now I've got a few:

1. pat/mat a set of 7 new characters (I've only completed the game with an ama and sorcs so far).

2. Do some running of areas / bosses in an attempt to gather some rune wealth - I'd still love an infinity and a fortitude, but they're a long way down the road at the moment.

3. Settle on a character to try and take towards lvl 99 - I've currently got a blizzard sorc just short of 93, but she doesn't have enough strength for a HelHel'd Bonehew which makes Baal running a bit of an issue.

4. Have fun playing ;-)

Here's wishing everyone a happy new year, filled with happiness and good fortune.

2008:

Left SC and came back to HC which was one of my best moves so far in the game. Did lots of different areas and managed to find 2x Sur and a Lo. Also made a CtA (allowing for a much safer play). Got my grail to -29 (considering I was on -161 it was a pretty good run). Guardian'ed 8 more chars (most of them cookie-cutters) and had no deaths.

2009:
- Gieb Enigma (make a hammerdin)
- Get my grail to atleast -10
- Make a few more Guardians (especially druids, have none so far)
- Win a tournament (so far three 2nd places), do my best in MFOs

2008: Highlight finds... finding my first ever SoJ, first perfect facet and an Ohm. Character wise, nothing too exciting. After Mat-ing Sparkels, the Blizzard/Chain Lightning sorc and realizing I didn't like CL, I deleted her and Mat'd Sparkles the Blizzard/Fireball sorc. She was the fasted non-rushed Mat I ever did. Less than a week.

2009: Actually finish a new character! I can't seem to put down my sorc. Too much MF addiction... I wanted to build in SP characters to mimic my BNET characters... A Fishymancer, a LF/CS Zon, a Strafe Amazon, a Frenzy Barb, Poison Necro, an IK Whirlwhind Barb... etc. Some of the more common builds. After that I want to make a few off-beat builds that I've been thinking about...

2008 highlights:

Finds:
  • Arkaine's Valor x2
  • Harlequin Crest x2
  • The Grandfather
  • Laying of Hands (not that hard to get, but they're still awesome)
  • Vex rune

1.10+

Accomplishments:
Blizzard sorceress hits level 95

Finds:
  • Griswold's Valor
  • Trang-Oul's Girth
  • Trang-Oul's Guise
  • Ethereal Titan's Revenge
  • Perfect Raven Frost

Plans for 2009:

• Creating some level 99's in 1.09:
    • A Blizzard sorceress (for the usual stuff in 1.10+)
    • A Fireball sorceress (for running 1.10 beta for a +2 skills Bul Kathos' Wedding Band)
    • A dual tree sorceress for running the pits in 1.10+
  • Getting these 1.07 items:
    • Valkyrie's Wing
    • Vampire Gaze
    • Another Grandfather
    • M'avina's True Sight
    • Maybe two Wizardspikes and some unique jewelry
  • Getting the runes for Fortitude and Infinity, either by 1.09 Hellforge rushing or by LK runs.
  • Finding these items:
    • Death's Fathom
    • Death's Web
    • Griphon's Eye

Although I doubt half of all this will be completed. This is more like a plan for the coming years.

My best moments of 2008 were definitely finding my Mang Song's, finding my Lo rune in LK, and successfully completing my first HF rush (I found it surprisingly difficult due to being a multiplayer noob). Patting my Bowmancer is up there too, since it was my first non-cookie-cutter build. I guess another highlight would be getting up the courage to post here, if that counts :p

My 2009 goals are pretty vague. I'd like to Mat/Pat every class and maybe work on getting a higher-level character (not 99 probably, maybe 95). LK running for an Infinity is a possibility too. The problem is that it's hard for me to set real long-term goals because I always get distracted from them by some new character I want to build. That's prolly my favorite part of the game. So, er, my 2009 goal is to make lots of new characters! Woo!

2008 highlights:
- obviously starting the D2 SP journey
- legit enigma, fortitude, hoto, grief, cta
- first char to hit lvl 95
- grail -36 (last time I checked)
- saw all runes up to Ber drop (where is my Jah, Cham and Zod?)

Plans for 2009:
- Death's web
- narrow the gap to completing the grail
- Infinity
- Try 1.07, 1.09 and maybe 1.10s (could be wrong on the s, I mean the one with the +2 skills BKs)

I had no real ambitions at the start of '08, but I did realize some things after playing this game so much since it first came out. I found out that I liked playing SP a lot more than Bnet. There is so much more to this game and reading the forums here has helped me a lot. So I guess my D2 moment was realizing that in my opinion SP would be refreshing for me, and I have no regrets. I also found the joys of playing hardcore, and untwinked.

Goals for 2009:
*Beat the game w/ a naked untwinked char in hardcore
*Get to Guardian w/ one other Hardcore Character

Hopefully I can make it!

Highlight:
Found a Jah rune with just a few minutes left in 2008.
Also made big progress towards grail, now at -15.

Goals:
1. Find/cube a Lo or two. I've now found 2 Bers, 1 Jah, 1 Ohm, and 2 Vexes. I'd like to make Grief/Fortitude at some point.
2. Find/cube a ber or two for Infinity. I have one, but will probably combine it with the Jah to make Enigma.
3. More grail progress. Most wanted items: HoZ and Death's Fathom.
4. If I do make Enigma (75% sure I will), do an Enigma-Sept (Windy, bonenecro or Fishy, flashdancer, singer, hammerdin, not sure about sorc...)
5. Maybe explore some other versions? never tried it...

2008 Highlights:
Basically 2007 was spent getting used to the game again and gaining some base equipment. 2008 saw me go from relatively poor to somewhat rich, with the best finds being stuff like a Sur rune, 5/20 Shimmering SC of Vita, Stormlash and other goodies I can't even remember. In addition to this, I made several mat's and pat's, with my favorites being Otherro and Ilyana. Winning Mephathon was a pretty cool thing too, as was giving Median XL a spin. Overall alot of things happened and mostly it was all good. :)

Plans for 2009:
- I'm currently keeping a longer break from the game due to mild burnout. My first goal is get the drive to play again.
- Get my Blizzard Sorc to level 95+. I've no interest for level 99 running, but having at least one character at level 95 would be nice. Thankfully Erandis is already level 94.
- Increase my rune/runeword-wealth. Though I did manage to get both Fortitude and Grief last year, now my aim is to go for the high end caster runewords, like Infinity and Enigma. This means a lot of LK for me, if I want to see those items. A high-end poisonmancer with Enigma would be my largest ambition.
- Find a Griffon's Eye. Seriously. Drop already.
- Finish my 10k Pindlerun project. Only 6700 to go. >_>
- Go for Grail -10.
- Do more Pat's and Mat's.

Best 2008 D2 moment was ~2 months ago when I saw a red little thing (jah rune) on the ground after killing Lister's wave.

As of yet, I have not planned any 2009 D2 goals. Currently working on perfecting a mf bowa.

From last year's post:
2008: Finish my sept with a Paladin, Druid and Barbarian. Paladin will be an Avenger that I plan on using for MP purposes afterwards (Baal runs anyone?). Druid and Barbarian are undecided as of yet, although leaning towards a Fury Wearwolf for the Druid considering I found an almost perfect Ribcracker in the Mephathon. Also want to win a tournament with an off-the-wall build, rather than the standard ones I have used up to this point. Problem with that is I haven't played with most of the standard builds yet and really want to, oh well.

So which did I accomplish for 2008? Well I did finish my sept with an Avenger Paladin, Fury Druid and WW Barbarian (dual Lightsabres ftw). That would be my very first Barbarian Patriarch and by far my most durable character to date. Win a tournament or two...check. With off the wall build....not really.

My goals for 2009:
-Make progress with my Guardian tournament sept (4 to go).
-Complete a few more builds in SC off of my list.
-Complete a few more sets (Tals amulet and Aldurs armor for instance) and then use them for builds.

Nothing outlandish or impossible for me. Although the hardest will be the MFing, as the only time I do magic finding runs is in a MFO/Pindlethon/etc.

Best moment for 2008? Getting my first Guardian.

Goals for 2009:
~ Get an untwinked Guardian.
~ Get enough runes for an HC 'Death'.
~ Get to self found Grail - 100 in HC.
~ Finish my Nanoha project.
~ Start a Higurashi project.
~ At least one more wacky build along the way?

Have a great year everyone. =).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High