Your D2 moment 0f 2007 & ambitions for 2008

LazySlothman

Nov 23, 2006
Your D2 moment 0f 2007 & ambitions for 2008

I truly hope this hasnt been done already (I searched a few pages deep)

Last year Maxicek posted this thread Your D2 moment 0f 2006 & ambitions for 2007

I thought it would be fun to see how everyone fulfilled their wishes and what 2008 holds

My 2007 goals were:

2007: -Try and get into PvP more
- Manage to compete in the MLD single pass tourney
- Find an Azurewrath
- Find Mav's bow
- Find another tombreaver, preferably with more than 1 socket this
time *grumble* :)
- Pretty much just keep chipping away at the grail
- Play some of my 'Pirate' party of 7 (all chars using the IK set)
- Work on baal running either with my current Blizzardess or any other
of my prospective runners
- Pat some of my characters before i start new ones (bul kathos
Frenzy barb (43), trangs poisonmancer (34), leap attack barb (44),
Novasorc (20) Trapsin (17) and many more)

Of which I did succeed in a few:
- I played a few PvP tournies (I didnt say I had to be successful though right :grin: )
- I did find Mav's bow finally and another two tomby's (one had three sockets but had near min %ed d'oh!) but alas still no azurewrath!!
- I made inroads with my grail finding about 10 new items (especailly helped by the MFO when I found about 4 grailees) finds included Astereon's, Deaths Fathom x2, gris shield x2, flamescale x2 and many other goodies of course
- The pirate party are still battling all still in normal
- Did re-gear my blizzardess and experimented with some setups for baal running (aling with a few other characters) but still dont have a proper "runner"
- Mentioned characters needing levels current status compared to before (bul kathos Frenzy barb (now 83), trangs poisonmancer ( now 43), leap attack barb (now 56 and still very fun for a break),
Novasorc ( now 26 very fun to play, not sure why I didnt play her more..) Trapsin (now 19) and many more (and many more again))

2008:
Well i'm on an extended break, working full time now (as opposed to being a student) and actually bought a new computer to play all the flash new games..
But we all know that you can log out anytime you want but you can never leave right?

Find Azurewrath
Make a big bad Death Sword
(maybe even try to rush hellforge now i have two computers..)
Pat more characters especially class specific set characters or planned themed builds (some of which are all pen and papered.. just need to play them :laugh:)

Best wishes for the new year to the forum! :wave:

Yes i remember this thread, great idea.

Cant say i have done much d2 wise in 07. I guess the only mentional thing for me is :Got my first HC Conqueror. Ironically it occured on the last day of 07 but meh.

2008:
Hard to say. I am starting my final year of school so i am not sure if i will play d2. Or i can play but be very limited. Not sure.
However my one and only goal i have for 08 or any year is to make a guardain and avoid going cookie-cutter (Yuck).

Well, I didn't have any goals for specially year 2007, but I'd like to point out few things I've managed to do (if that's ok :smiley:):

- Started to play Single Player
- Got my grail under 50 missing items.
- Made one high-rune runeword (Faith)
- 7 characters killed hell baal.
- Participated in 3 tournaments and won 1 (Mephathon)

For year 2008 I have couple of things, I really want to accomplish:

- Fortitude Armor. (The only thing that I really want from D2 in year 2008)
- Grailers, getting under 25 missing would be awesome (actually not very far from this moment, but pretty rare items.)
- Couple special Mat's/Pat's
- Participating at least to 3 tournaments.
- Finish my first untwinked char (summoner druid)

That's all, what comes to mind right now, but I guess there's plenty of job for this year :grin:

Nice concept for a thread. Nothing like a D2 resolution to kick off a new year.

@LazySlothman: What version are you playing? I think Azurewrath was removed a couple of versions back (1.09 maybe? Not rightly sure) and I'm not sure it was put back. Can someone else confirm this?

Anyway, didn't have much going in 2007. Mostly just got the game installed again and got addicted to it :smiley:

2008.... I dunno. I guess the main thing I want to do is get to Hell diff. Had the game for years and never made it past NM. Go figure.
Oh, and I want to make a hardcore elemental druid who doesn't get his rear handed to him by Duriel. That'd be cool.

Well, for me, highlights of 2007 were my HC Werewolf reached 10,000 hitpoints solo, even if he was in no way battle ready. :wink3: And this was done without a CtA, which isn't even close to becoming affordable yet.
Also, competed my HC Sept, and a number of other Guardians.

For 2008, I don't know Diablo-wise. My major goals were completed, and I'm currently on a bit of a D2 break, (although I check the forums a fair amount,) so hopefully, that'll mean I'll be back sooner or later.
Maybe then, I'll join a few SC MP games and start again from there.

Edit: Azurewrath was changed from a Crystal Sword into a Phase Blade (IIRC) - it was not removed. Anyway, it was changed from a Normal into an Elite item.

@LazySlothman: What version are you playing? I think Azurewrath was removed a couple of versions back (1.09 maybe? Not rightly sure) and I'm not sure it was put back. Can someone else confirm this?

Azurewrath Crystal Sword is removed, but now it's a Phase Blade...

I've have recently restarted and I'm going mainly HC and self-found. My goal with 2008 is to get my grail to grow, alot! At least one guardian also. I'll kill NM/Hell Meph and AT for many, many, many, many times.

2008 ambitions:

I'd like to get to 21 guardians, 3 for each class. So that'd be 5 guardians in 2008.

I'd like to find or cube any of the runes I have not yet found (anything higher than Vex).

I want to find the following items which have eluded me: Blinkbat's Form, and Tal's Amulet.

That's enough, I think... the middle one could take all year!

2007 - Stop making new characters and start Pat/Mating some more. I have about 20 characters created at the moment, and only 5 Mats & Pats. Trouble is planning builds is just so damned addictive.

Well I made 15 Mats & Pats last year, including completing my Two Handed Sword Sept, which has to be one of the highlights of my D2 year. I still have 17 characters in progress though, so I'm not doing very well at sticking to a few builds.
Finding an Ohm and completing the equipment for Trinity, my WW Assassin, was also a highlight.

My main target for 2008 is PvP related:
- Build some characters. I'm getting most of my PvM fix here, building characters that I can play PvM and then swapping some gear around to make decent PvP characters. Trinity was the first of these.
- Level some PvP characters to lvl90. Easier said than done because I hate Baal running solo and don't have a huge amount of time to join MP games.
- Play a PvP game. Well after building these characters I had better use them.

Grail wise I have 30 items left, I would like to be at 20 by the end of the year. Torch of Iro, Greyform, Warpspear, Azurewrath, Cow Kings sets and then off to the tunnels.

Best moment of 2007....Finally making ThePerfectJava the perfect java. Fully synergised lighting skills, with L45 LF and L42 CS. Kicks serious ***.

Plans for 2008:

Finally finish the damn GoMule drop calc.
Make GoMule awesome to the max with extended character info, such as weapons speeds/damage
Release a standalone character planner that gives you the chance to see what the char looks like
Integrate that planner into GoMule
Cause controversy by allowing players to convert planned chars to .d2s
Get banned

(Just kidding :) )

2007:
I finally managed to quit(at least take a long term break from) d2 :grin:

2008:
I fear I may come crawling back in the near future if nothing else quickly takes my mind off it :undecided:

From last year's post:

2007: Finish off the characters I currently have in progress before starting anymore. Solve the game with one character of each class (still need Druid, Assassin and Barbarian).

Well a restart early in 2007 rather nerfed my goals, did get the Assassin matted though (afterwards) and technically all my in-progress characters aren't in progress anymore :rolleyes:

2007: Made 4 mat/pat/guardians, only three more to go for a sept. Finally finished my very first Guardian (Bob). Apparently I didn't do much of note in Dii :undecided: Compared to everyone else I'm apparently very slow with the mat/pats.

2008: Finish my sept with a Paladin, Druid and Barbarian. Paladin will be an Avenger that I plan on using for MP purposes afterwards (Baal runs anyone?). Druid and Barbarian are undecided as of yet, although leaning towards a Fury Wearwolf for the Druid considering I found an almost perfect Ribcracker in the Mephathon. Also want to win a tournament with an off-the-wall build, rather than the standard ones I have used up to this point. Problem with that is I haven't played with most of the standard builds yet and really want to, oh well. Lastly get my as-of-yet unnamed DII utility into beta.

Edit:
Release a standalone character planner that gives you the chance to see what the char looks like
Integrate that planner into GoMule
Cause controversy by allowing players to convert planned chars to .d2s
Get banned
(Just kidding :) )

So which part were you kidding about, just the get banned part? :grin:

Edit2: Well that's ironic, this is post #2008 for me.

Last edited:
My 2007 hopes were....
-Find a JAH - was unrealistic
-Get more pats/mats - done
-Do better in the tournaments - done,won one of the pvp tournaments and scavenger hunt.
-Get the grail down to 1 item - not done,i actually lost items due to trades.

2008 hopes

Get back to playing:rolleyes:

Best of 2007:
- Finding OHM
- Making Call to Arms

Hopes for 2008:
- Finally Pat a Necro, the last missing Pat/Mat. Boring. Snore. :hide:
- Reduce the missing grail items to 50.

Well I didn't have any goals for 2007, but here's what I accomplished:
- matted/patted 6 chars
- got my grail status to -26
- found some great items (Lo, Sur, Ber, DWeb)
- participated in my first tourney (Mephathon)
- and most importantly - had fun with D2 :grin:

Goals for 2008:
- mat/pat at least 5 chars
- make a Guardian
- got my Grail score to -10
- participate in at least 1 tourney
- try PvP a little more
- get Infinity :rolleyes:
- have fun

2007 (returned to D2 mid-year)
Made 4 pats/mats (all builds I'd never tried before)- proudest of Fire Elemental Druid
Under 50 grail items to go (though I'm not counting Rainbow Facets separately yet) - acquisitions included Azurewrath and Ondal's Wisdom

Start/mat a CB/FO sorc for Countess runs
Find a rune higher than Lo
Chip away at the grail
Pat/Mat more builds that are new to me - Trapsin, Smiter/Chargadin, Werebear, Fishymancer

Restarted D2 again
Have 9 Mats/Pats
Got a nice stash
HF rushed to a Lo
LKed a Ber

Make Fortitude
Bore myself by doing alot more HF rush sets for Grief/Cta/Exile
Make a very nice Druid/Pally (using above RWs)
Run pindle
Run WSK with new ladder char
LK another Ber? (infinity pleeease!)
Find a non ethreal Griffons eye (grrr)

@DarKy There is a new SP ladder

2007:

Started to play single player.
Made a few high end runewords, Fortitude, Grief, CtA and HoTO.
Found some high end unique items.
Made two PvP'ers that newer really got to see any action...well except for Silo's Martyr, but that does not count anyway :grin:

2008:

Started to play after a long break.
Complete my 10K AT project, currently at ~7000 IIRC.
Get to grail -1.
Plunder the Lower Kurast for all it's worth.
Low priority: Make some interesting chars.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High