Your D2 Goals & Ambitions for 2014

srrw

Jul 2, 2012
After japanzaman's Santa All I want for Christmas is... I dug up the last years goal thread, curious of whether or not I reached my goals for this year... I have to quote Top Gear here - "Ambitious but rubbish!"

Past years threads:

Not really relevant since I restarted in August, but anyway:
- Respec my Sorc to Max Block Blizzard and run AT (right after I get tired of Pindle)
- Hopefully find the runes for Enigma as I want to try so many builds that I just don't like playing without one (Hammerdin, Bonemancer, Trapsin)
- Get at least 2 Guardians through tournaments
- Finish the untwinked single-pass Fanazealot that's stuck in Act III NM
- Somewhere in the not-so-near future make a lightning Sorc able to destroy CS and Baal without any problems
- Done
- Done
- Failed
- Failed (I think)
- Failed

2014 goals:
- Level my HC Hammerdin at least to clvl98 if I don't deed along the way (just shy off clvl94)
- Level a SC Necromancer at least to clvl92, equip him and start PvP-ing
- Get the grail to at least -15 (currently at -78)

aw crap I failed all of mine, too.

(99er, grail - 1, complete either or both of my septs)

My real goal for next year:

Same as before, bit with some potential time travel grossness :/

Complete my goals in Classic (decent pvp Boots, decent resist/FCR Ring(s), some really specific pvm gear).

Do some 1.07 HF Rushing for Ko runes if I ever feel like playing d2.

Keep gambling when I'm bored and get insanely lucky at some point (15 months and 3B+ in so far, hasn't happened yet).

Dunno what else. Start hustling in the trade forum maybe, don't know how to get good items otherwise these days.

No MFO or other tournament goal unfortunately, though I have been thinking about streaming an untwinked single pass HC p8 character on twitch. Maybe.

What kind of char would you try, Fabian?
Would it be spread over multiple sessions? :p

Not sure, something challenging but not too challenging I guess, since I'm awful at that style of play. Suggestions would be welcome probably.

No it's going to be one 180 hour session, bertstare :)

Let's try again for that level 98. Made it to 97 this past year at least, which was a personal best.

Aside from that, maybe become nulio-tier in stealing items from people, Fabian-tier in going godmode in PvP, Gripp-tier in writing ridiculously long forum posts you could summarize in two lines at most, and froz-tier in d/c'ing record amounts of times for no particular reason.

Quitting would also be great.

My Goal for this year is to beat hell as I have yet to do so and get at least 4 character's to clvl90

Man Nagisa talk about ambitious goals. That Ultimate Grail guy has got nothing on you.

-Stop getting so many useless Zod runes :)
-build a halfway decent trapper
-perhaps finish off my grail

Characters:

- 99er Pally via 1.07 Travincal and Cows (97 atm) (around 130h so far...)
- 98er Pally (he was rushed in 1.07 and has both NM and Hell Ancients quests saved, will forward him and level him in 1.13d)
- 98er Zon (she's close to 97 1/2)
- 96er Druid (he will quest in 1.13, probably last character made)

- Done
- Nope :(
- Done
- Nope

Gear:

- Try to craft as many caster amulets as I can (gieb all PAmethysts and Rals)
- Gamble more 1.06 boots and rings, I decided I'll stop when sorc is 75
- Try to trade for Pcombat and Elemental Skillers with nice life
- After finishing 1.07 I'll check runes I can cube in 1.10s and make more beta CtA (will also check how many rushed chars still have Hell HF quest to do - probably not many)
- 1.07 crafting and 1.08 rare jewels rolling (if I still have patience for D2 after leveling all characters)

- Well I did try and crafted a lot and got some nice ones. But I didn't get what was my main goal. It was still good overall
- I got great boots. Not rings. Now I want gloves also!
- I actually traded several great ones :D
- I'm a Vex short to make another beta CtA...
- 1.07 crafting still to be done. 1.08 jool rolling mostly failed

I would love to have all this finished until the Summer, when I'll steal Fabian's MFO win :p

I also hope to PvP a lot :D

MFO.... bah

I should have PvPed more!

As for 2014:

- Don't plan more stuff, just finish D2 ^^

Characters:
S - Level up 1 barb to lvl 95 via Travincal
F - Make pvp LLD lvl 30 Zealot
F - Make pvp LLD lvl 30 Fire Sorc
F - Make pvp LLD lvl 30 Boner
F - Make pvp LLD lvl 30 Poisonzon
S - Make pvp Ghost Sin
F - Make pvp Kick Sin
S - Make pvp Berserker (yet questionable, but possible)
S - Make pvp hybrid summoner Druid (to test him, possible he will finish up as Windy if fail)
S - Make pvp Bowazon
F - Make pvp Wolf Barb (questionable)
S - Make pvp Liberator (test how well can I play him)
F - Make pvp Smiter
S - Make pvp Blizzard Sorc
F - Make pvp Paladin and try out idea I have for the build
S - to complete Goldfinder
S - lvl up pvp Poisonmancer a bit
S - to finish up all my pvp-ers I have ATM

Items:

S - Find good amount of HR-s
S - Find Deaths Web to complete pvp Poisonmancer
S - Make Ber Ber COA
F - Perhaps make Ber Jeweled COA
F - Make dual eth ATMA bugged 6 socket superior Naga's and socket with nice jewels
(got on giveaway) - Perhaps make dual Dream
S - To find nice stuff, including charms and amulets
S - To find more grailers and rare items

Well... 15/26 done for this year. I mean, LLD crap is finished in 1 day, so who cares. And did a lot more than planned toward PvP, so it's good overall.

Plans for 2014 huh. This should be insteresting.

- improve PvP ghost to have 4900+ life
- improve PvP hybridsin to have 4900+ life
- improve Vegeta to have 8120+ hp
- improve Phoenix to have 5k+ life
- level up Vegeta to 97
- level up ghost to 95
- level up hybridsin to 95
- level up pit berserker to 95 while running p1 Pit
- kill Nagisa with his phoenix dozen times (how could you make that runeword?!)
- troll team games with Playboy_Bunny
- participate at PvP week
- make new PvP characters

Items:
- roll 390+ damage Grief BA
- finish LLD eth bugged 6 os 1.07 superior Naga
- craft better amulet for pit berserker
- find vita skiller and refuse to trade it to Nulio
- find Tyrael (lolme)

I don't think I'll finish in 2013 so I guess my 2014 goal will be to reach 99 on the hammerdin. Beyond that I have no idea.

-Play more than I post here; play more than research other builds; play more than try to get glide wrappers, version switchers, multi-instance stuff working on mac
-Complete Normal with the three toons I have active (Hydra Orber at the tombs; TeslaFroster Crossbow Ranger just rescued Cain; Dragon Trapper (I prefer 'Aggressive Trapper' and will refer to her thusly going forward).
-Get to 50% Grail (currently at about 8%, iirc)
-Complete the game with the Hydra Orber. Complete Nightmare with the Ranger. Get as far as I can with the Aggressive Trapper.
-Complete Normal with at least one tourney toon.

I think that's good enough.

Ha! My only goal for 2013 was to make a guardian and I finally did that! A fishymancer of course. Which is perhaps the easiest but still an achievement.

For 2014. Hmm... Achieveble but still a challenge... hmm...
1. MP with Goldtru
2. Make one more guardian. I have a barbarian in act 5 NM now so there is hope..

Get a character to at least 94 clvl (Most likely my new Hammerdin)
Work on my grail. (Almost at 60%)
Do a MP walkthrough with the Hamachi group.
Try a new character/build. (Barb most likely)

More Sept work

Play a barbarian through normal (I still hate barbs with a passion)

Continue work in hell and hunting for EUs.

* Create a 1.0 version of my single-pass, MF Normal guide
* Get a tournament character through at least Normal
* Have my group of seven single-pass characters complete Hell (they are currently finishing Normal Act 3)

To actually play D2. I've gotten back into my Ouya pretty hard now so my motivation to play D2 has dwindled considerably. It's been a while since I've played, even though that shortcut on the desktop keeps staring at me.

If I do get around to playing my goals would be to continue to run Lower Kurast for some more runes to make some decent runewords like Enigma, and to level my barbarian and develop him into a decent Council runner. I think that's pretty much it. I wouldn't mind trying out a hammerdin, but we'll see.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High