Yet another return to D2.

Jul 5, 2010
Hello to all,

I've been jumping to and fro games like D3, SC2, dota2, LoL, and etc for a whole while; and all of them gets too boring too quick. I started lurking on the SPF forum like i used to do, and looking at all the tourneys and showoff threads, it made me want to start D2 again. I haven't installed the game yet, let alone make a char, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone here first. =)

hopefully this time, I'll lurk around for longer and give a shot at finishing the grail. =P
(is that how you say it? finish the grail?)

-- ToGgi.

Welcome back! If there's one thing this game is good at, it's making sure you can never quite forget about it.

Best of luck finishing your grail (yes, that's a fine way to say it :)), and do consider joining a tournament at some point, they're quite fun!

Good luck out there, keep us posted on how it's going. Also, stop by the bar etc etc. It's fun here. :)

Thanks!
I couldn't find the copy of d2 I had saved, so I'm currently digging around my old usb's to find it.. T^T..
I've decided though, I am gonna play with some self-restrictions: no unique, set, runewords.
I'll still use the runes themselves as if they were gems and craft things as I go along.. but no Enigma will be a challenge. xD
With the item restrictions in mind, what would be a good tanky build that does well vs mobs?

Welcome back!

As for a build, maybe a LF/Freezing Arrow Zon (Fishyzon)? She doesn't need specific gear to be good and is strong enough to maybe help with grail runs. If a barb, go with maces or polearms for high base damage. Or maybe a singer? My tesladin did a lot better when I got some good unique/rune gear for him, or I'd suggest that. You could do a phoenix strike assassin, they have pretty good crowd control with cloak of shadows.

Or, if you're going to have restrictions anyway, join a tourney. Many let you play softcore until first death, and then you could continue however you like.

welcome back. if you need d2 information, i just finished copy-pasting the whole diablo wiki,basin wiki and arreat summit + a bunch of threads from forums (it's all in pdf format),so i can send it to you. btw is there a place on the site where i can upload all of this stuff so that new people can download it all at once??

@SunsetVista : actually, with the self restrictions, I've been wanting to join the yellow-themed tourney. It would definitely help me with deciding which build to go for. For now, I was actually thinking tankazon (with it having so much success in the current passive aggressive) with some value points into jab for quick crushing blows.

Another build I had in mind - actually something I left off when i quit last time - is the poison jav zon. It was a d2 classic tourney so it had much more restrictions than what i have now. Giving it another thought as i write this, this would probably be the first char I will make. xD

@0x62616c616e6365 : Thanks for the generous offer, but I have a copy for myself. (mostly just bookmarked) =P.
-- Slightly off-topic but I just wanna give another thumbs up to jiansonz for the "early game magic find' guide.
it has helped me out so much everytime I come back to the game. pardon me for not rmbing the exact title. --
As for the upload part, give Thyiad a pm - it'll be the fastest way of getting the answer. Personally, a straight copy-paste might have problems, but if you could summarize, reword and reorganize it into one single file, it might find a place in the sticky up on the forum. If you are actually going to, I'd be glad to give a hand.

Welcome back! I too just recently came back, but I fortunately was able to scrounge up my old files :) You'll notice that 1.13 has increased the rune drop rate a bit - I noticed this as I was running my bowazon last night - I was in Act II and got a bunch of EL, ELD, TIR and NEFs. The high end ones are still very rare, but not "you may see one HR in your D2 lifetime" rare.

I'm surprised you guys keep such extensive amount of d2info stashed somwhere of easy access.
I finished reinstalling d2 on my comp and should be starting again with 'GreenPoop' plauge jav zon.
I'll keep asking questions as I go along, and post the process. =)
Thanks all

edit:
d2 seems to be very choppy on my current settings.. I did get an error message about compatibility on the first run, but it has never been an issue before. anyone else have this problem with laggy key inputs, where sometimes it reacts instantly and sometimes it reacts half a second later?

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to my stash, I have an Infinity and a Fortitude armor. Its a boat-load of effort to get these, and have had most of the grail finished along the way. Not wanting to lose this - I've been cognizant of where these files are, and how I can get them back if my main computer were to fail.

ATMA and GoMule - I love you.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High