Yet another "legit" exploit discovered - cheesy gold earning

ThereIsNoSpoon

Sep 16, 2003
Yet another "legit" exploit discovered - cheesy gold earning

How this works:
With your high level character you go shopping at any merchant who sells weapons (hell merchants recommended). You need to find a weapon with either "fool's" or "grinding" prefix that costs 20,000 gold or less. Buy that weapon, equip it, then sell it using "sell" button (drag and drop won't work). Depending on secondary mod, item type and start price you'll make a certain amount of gold profit with this transaction. Currently i have a fool's pike of worth that earns me 15231 gold piece per transaction with my lvl 97 ama (char level is also a factor). I saw screenies from other people who have weapons that give 21,000+ gold per transaction. The cheesy part is that you only have to find a profitable weapon once then you can make infinite money reselling it to a merchant who's inventory isn't full. You can even put this weapon on your weapon switch and use it whenever you need gold. For example i can get about 2 bill gold in about 10 minutes of clicking with my fool's pike of worth then go gamble full inventory of ammies then click for 10 minutes to get gold and so on and on. Bot for this will coming out soon too. Patch expected.

not to exploit a bug but it works i bought a sword for 6 k and it sells for just under 22k
but u know im going to stop doing this coause it's a bug............

HeavÃ…ngel said:
I'm wondering how you figured this out>?
I had to unplugg, free my mind, battle agents and visit oracle for this...I ..i ...well i'm just reading a lot of d2 forums :)

I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a bot to exploit this bug in order to create lag by generating massive amounts of gold piles.

I smell a duping spree coming...

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz banned you for doing this...it is an exploit and they could easily bring up logs of merchant activity... :rant:

Yea man i agree, by doing this you will be able to mess with sojs and im not going to get into the details and make billions of lil cloners running about for me to kill =P

I have bought a grinding axe which makes 11 000 gold by selling/buying;it can make 2000 k within 15 minutes :thumbsup:

PublicEnemy said:
I have bought a grinding axe which makes 11 000 gold by selling/buying;it can make 2000 k within 15 minutes :thumbsup:
I gotcha beat with a grinding ancient sword that gets 23k profit.

no offense, besides posting the glitch you even abuse it... come on and if you wanna get some real gold go and socket it with some perfect blah blah blah or something to give it kill gold abilities...

Deceit said:
no offense, besides posting the glitch you even abuse it... come on and if you wanna get some real gold go and socket it with some perfect blah blah blah or something to give it kill gold abilities...

I wasn't abusing it, just testing. I don't gamble so this exploit almost useless to me. And i have no clue what you mean with that socketing sentence.

Btw, offense taken ^_^ *equips his godly stick of pwnage and flameproof plate of righteousness*
:)

socket the item with larzuk and throw in a perfect emerald... it makes its $$ value go up by at least 5k..

mwuhahahahahah! More gold to feed gamblor with! i shall snatch that +2all skill 20fcr all resist circlet from the grasp of his neon claws!!!!

funny funny bug :) In my experience so far, grinding has been more rewarding than fool's.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High