Worth starting D2 HC again?

Freyja

Jul 6, 2011
Hello everyone! :)

So, I've been away for over half a year now, and all my characters are gone.
I'll get right to it: Is it worth starting with HC again, or is there still alot of hack and PK'ing going on in Hell?
I've been thinking about starting EU HCL and I've always liked the Sorc.
Is there anyone out there who could be so kind and point me to an in-depth strategy guide to a HC Sorc? :)
I'd be delighted! If you've got time of your hands I'd like to look at a Amazon HC guide as well. I've been trying to find some but not quite sure where to look and how to find my way around the forums when looking for a very specifc guide.

Besides all that - is there anyone still playing some Hardcore on the EU servers and are there any tips for me?
Haven't played for a long time, so I wanna get a good start on this :)

Thank you much in advance, I hope you'll give me a helping hand!

Cheers,

Freyja :newhere:

I can't answer your questions but I'm enjoying playing HC solo on US west after being away from the game for a long time.

Activity actually seems surprisingly fine on EUHCL. Must've been the reset a few weeks ago. The only game mode ever worth playing is HCL, or SP equivalent. :)

I hear USEHC has the greatest population though, but mäh...

Thanks alot for the answers! Very helpful indeed! :)
I'm thinking about trying out the Orb/TK-Blind build - but the gear mentioned in that, is that really the best gear for a Sorc like that?
Also, is there any of you who's fresh for some gaming on EU HCL? :)

Again, thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it!

Well, I personally agree with most of it, but there's some I disagree with. Was there anything in particular you had in mind?

I'd be happy to do a playthrough. After all, I only have a level 25 sorc at the moment lol.

You're welcome.

I would just assume that Stormshield and Shako was used abit more on HC? For not mentioning Hoto/CTA and all those things :)
I've always thought of a HC Sorc wearing things like Shako, Storm, Wizard, Maras, and things like that. I could be wrong though, times have changed :) But nevertheless a very good start, and good alternatives that's being mentioned in that guide!
Imma start a new acc tonight and begin with the preparations, prolly reading the guide and write down things I find important etc - Am I allowed to ask for your acc name here, or should I PM you? :)
Again, thanks alot for your helpfulness - I'm glad there's still someone around to guide me, and someone that still has a good knowledge and understanding of the game!

Stormshield is significantly inferior in terms of primarily blocking and resistances, as well as requiring a lot more strength, but it remains a common choice in HC nonetheless, as does Shako. It's a matter of build and preference largely, but CTA is always a good idea!

Keep in mind that particular build is aimed at survival and magic-finding, and don't underestimate breakpoints; neither those of FCR nor FHR nor FBR. Conversely, don't overestimate my knowledge and understanding of the game either. ^^

Please see the following topic, or simply the text below my avatar, after "Location:"

diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?836403-Any-HC-EU-players-left

Thanks a alot Zoi!
I think I'll have a better understanding of it all when I'm back in the game. I spend over 9 years playing it, began when I was a kid (8 years old), but unfortunately I lacked brain at that time, so I've forgot alot of the important stuff, and I've never been good at math ;)
If I wanted to do this guide for some MF runs but would want Shako and Stormshield instead of Peasant Crown/Tarnhelm and Whitstan/Visceratuant, would I loose anything by doing so? More vulnerability? It just confuses me that he would would use these things instead of Shako and SS which I've always been used to have when playing HC as a kid :>

Again, thanks alot! Looking forward to some PvM with you and the other lads!

Thanks a alot Zoi!
I think I'll have a better understanding of it all when I'm back in the game. I spend over 9 years playing it, began when I was a kid (8 years old), but unfortunately I lacked brain at that time, so I've forgot alot of the important stuff, and I've never been good at math ;)
If I wanted to do this guide for some MF runs but would want Shako and Stormshield instead of Peasant Crown/Tarnhelm and Whitstan/Visceratuant, would I loose anything by doing so? More vulnerability? It just confuses me that he would would use these things instead of Shako and SS which I've always been used to have when playing HC as a kid :>

Again, thanks alot! Looking forward to some PvM with you and the other lads!
Well I suppose if you're into gold find you might prefer Tarnhelm...

Stormshield has massive disadvantages however and there's plenty you'd looooooo000000000OOOOOOO00000ooose (nothing implied...) by opting for it over Whitstan's. There's also some you'd gain.

Err. Uhm. Orb/TK is meant to be a dirt cheap MFer. Shako and Stormshield are a waste unless you've got more than one of each, in which case you need to go make some real characters to use your found loot instead of MFing ( I know! I know! I've been there too). 3 Perfect Topaz mask, Tarnhelm with a P. Topaz, or even Rockstopper with a P.Topaz are all bread and butter items in this case. Remember: The more you skimp on this one, the faster you can build your second.

For your second sorceressss, build an Orbitaller. That one really, really benefits from all the items you can throw at it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High