why do YOU play classic?

Bad Ash

Jul 16, 2003
why do YOU play classic?

Hey guys,

I am debating booting up classic since I am looking for a new challenge, and just was wondering why you guys play classic. What draws you to it and what do you enjoy most about it! thanks

Re: why do YOU play classic?

this is how i see classic vs LOD: and i'm biased, btw, classic playa for eva! :D

if u wanna be able to take any character and make them be a god, play LOD.

(items with charges, items with skills from different characters than one u using, better and more powerful equipement, runes, etc... etc....)

if u wanna actually have to think about where to put stat pts or skill pts and struggling to get "godly" (for classic) rare gear and trying to find the right gear combination...etc..., than classic is for u

The rares! When I see a lod hammerdin, I can immediatly tell what he is wearing, and how wealthy he is.
But seeing a classic hammerdin, I wonder...
Same goes for all classes.

Also, the excitement of finding a rare grim shield off hell diablo, maybe it's the gosi one.
Not finding a shako out of him, and knowing it's stats before identifying it.

Also, the community is much smaller - On lod you can just behave like an *** and expect to get without any kind of punishment.
But on classic you see the same people over and over again...

I started classic as tool to get HF quests faster and easier. While leveling my rush sorceress I was simple "hooked" to it somehow. It all become familiar in distant memories of my first time playing DiaII when it all begun.
I simply recognised it as more fun, more challenging and much more rewarding in terms of getting real unique gear for your character. Generic hammerdins of LoD feel so unexciting and boring compared to classic CS clearers... at least for me. :thumbup:

I agree with Rotta.
Its more exciting getting items in classic, you can basicly trade for most godly items in LOD, and since theres no real currency in classic you're pretty much on your own finding items. A REALLY nice rare in classic is worth alot more than HoZ and such in LOD.

Last edited:
Classic...

I've been playing since six week after the release of Diablo II. LoD has elite items as well as many, many, many, former elite items.

Classic has mid-range items and then it is up to chance for elite items (damn dupes!). Since elite items are so rare, it makes elite status more to skill/technique and applied skills and stats.

Why I play Classic is because I know Classic and I have delicious items for Classic.

nothing like the thrill of doiing hc hell chaos runs on classic.

what i hate about lod is

seeing a hammerdin bo himself and tele to baal. watch noobs stand back and leach of baals minions. in classic you have to watch your step in chaos runs, in lod you can get a drink and come back and see your exp bar move, in classic, go and get a drink in chaos runs and your dead!

(comparing clasic cs runs to lod baal runs)

also on classic (i onkly really play hc) 10/10 t imes in baal runs there is a tppk, in classic, you will almost never come across a tppk, and if you do its me!! mhahahahahah. jk. (or am i? ;))

Fred

nothing like the thrill of doiing hc hell chaos runs on classic.

what i hate about lod is

seeing a hammerdin bo himself and tele to baal. watch noobs stand back and leach of baals minions. in classic you have to watch your step in chaos runs, in lod you can get a drink and come back and see your exp bar move, in classic, go and get a drink in chaos runs and your dead!

(comparing clasic cs runs to lod baal runs)

also on classic (i onkly really play hc) 10/10 t imes in baal runs there is a tppk, in classic, you will almost never come across a tppk, and if you do its me!! mhahahahahah. jk. (or am i? ;))

Fred
I played LoD a month or so ago, just to see what the fuss was...

Baal runs are the biggest joke ever, I just sit in the corner and browse forums.

Having every character as a damage dealer/tele'er/BOer is just plain ridiculous. There's basically no need for a healer in Baal, hence why I just AFK'd my way to level 50 in a few hours.

1. Rares.. the items are just so much more fun in classic also a lot less overpowered which makes playing more interesting.

2. Building a barb is more fun in classic since you don't have to care about weapon speed when doing a WW baba.

3. I don't really mind about act5.

4. No mercs.. mercs really make the gameplay so much more easier in LOD.. freeze aura, conviction, meditation .. omg. Every class has its own personal tank.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High