Which better, Buriza or Hellrack?

Polygemus

Oct 30, 2003
Which better, Buriza or Hellrack?

Also, if Hellrack is better, what should I socket it with?
I have until Gul rune. Not doing MF with my zon so dun suggest 1st rune.

I am quite noobish at playing bowazon
Thanx a lot

PS: Why is Windforce the mother of all bows? There's nothing in the stats to suggest that.

imo Upgraded buriza is much better than hellrack and it is also much faster.

take a look at the physical damage that wf does.

GhostStealer said:
imo Upgraded buriza is much better than hellrack and it is also much faster.

take a look at the physical damage that wf does.

I'm rather noobish with a bowazon too, but I would think that because the minimum damage possible on the WF is so low that it would make killing in Hell dificulty rather problematic. At lvl 73 one should expect 38-469 dmg - a range in damage of 431! Assuming lvl 73 and the average dmg range of Buriza, we see 94-337, a range in damage of only 243 AND the Buriza guarantees 56 more physical dmg per hit. However, the multiplying factor on max dmg of windforce vs buriza is 3.125 vs. 2.5 respectively. For higher lvl people (ie:90+) the windforce might pay off, but for my money, in 1.10 Hell, the Buriza brings home the bacon. Of note, the hellrack does less physical damage, but also a more concentrated range and one is guaranteed of doing 170+ physical dmg per hit. Also, because of the various immunities in Hell, I think the hellrack with its high elemental damage splitting is better suited for the rigors of Hell dificulty.

My bowazon is in Act III hell with Buriza, Taly helm, and Disciple set because of skill bonuses and HUGE resistance bonuses. She does fine. Anyone have suggestions on future armor once I outgrow this set?

Crossbows are naturally slow, and even with 200% increased attack speed they can't be boosted much faster. Also, bows take less strength, and since it's dexterity that boosts ranged weapon damage there's really no point getting so much strength for a crossbow. However, if you are going to use a crossbow, an upgraded Buriza may be the better choice, but you should keep the Hellrack on swap for physical immunes.

Speed kills, simply put. A zon shoot many more arrows with WF than a newb cannon, and thus, you hit more, making the lower damage nullified.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High